Hello to everyone old and new

• Please log in to reply
110 replies to this topic

Poll: likelihood (38 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 10 battles in order to participate this poll.

Chances of shooting me if you see me in game?

1. #Lifegoals (6 votes [15.79%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 15.79%

2. Challenge Accepted (16 votes [42.11%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 42.11%

3. Nothing New (9 votes [23.68%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 23.68%

4. Who?! (7 votes [18.42%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 18.42%

Vote Hide poll

eekeeboo #61 Posted 04 June 2018 - 05:04 PM

Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 3585 battles

View PostBiBaBummsebiene, on 04 June 2018 - 05:02 PM, said:

These clan tags should be put back in the player list at the loading Screen And ingame screen of the player list.

I never understood why this was taken out as one can see them in chat and in the After-match screen.

greetings,

BiBa

I could be mistaken but I believe this was an attempt to simplify the UI when other features were removed for the comparison re-work taking place. I can double check for you if you like? 

BiBaBummsebiene #62 Posted 04 June 2018 - 05:08 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 604 battles
  • [JG26] JG26

View Posteekeeboo, on 04 June 2018 - 05:04 PM, said:

I could be mistaken but I believe this was an attempt to simplify the UI when other features were removed for the comparison re-work taking place. I can double check for you if you like? 

I am Not sure if I am understanding it/you right but the comparison has been taken out anyway. I just like to See who is in which clan as I am happy to see some of them. It would solve the „problem“ one cant see which clan is very active.

greetings,

BiBa

Edited by BiBaBummsebiene, 04 June 2018 - 05:09 PM.

[JG26] Jagdgeschwader 26

[-ELBE] Heimatschutzstaffel

wenn wir Ein' saufen dann steh ich für zwei, und geht es ans Sterben......ICH bin dabei

Horcan #63 Posted 04 June 2018 - 05:18 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 1771 battles
  • [_VI_] _VI_

View Posteekeeboo, on 04 June 2018 - 06:04 PM, said:

I think and i think other think it was done rather to harden people job to focus on human (dangerous) enemies during battles, something about some HUniyakibushi mod or how the hell it was called. But now that some other mods were released that put a circle near humans ( or what they do, i didnt bother checking it ) maybe you suggest to devs to bring back full names in the list when pressing tab. I dont think you can find a single person that can say it was a good switch to disable clan tags.

eekeeboo #64 Posted 04 June 2018 - 10:26 PM

Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 3585 battles

View PostBiBaBummsebiene, on 04 June 2018 - 05:08 PM, said:

I am Not sure if I am understanding it/you right but the comparison has been taken out anyway. I just like to See who is in which clan as I am happy to see some of them. It would solve the „problem“ one cant see which clan is very active.

greetings,

BiBa

Yeah when the comparison was taken away, so was the clan system also in an attempt to simplify the UI. I can double check this if you like to make sure I'm not telling fibbles? I know you can see the clans when you press tab in game, whether that's any use to you . 

Silentraz #65 Posted 05 June 2018 - 03:23 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 528 battles
  • [WILD] WILD

View PostSilentraz, on 31 May 2018 - 11:53 AM, said:

What about a bug with calculating premium bonus for experience? Before 2.0 and in WOT/WOWS Premium time gives 50% more compared to no-premium.

After 2.0 it is only +50% like camo. So when x3 for 1st win with premium we do not get 4,5 more than basen, but only 3,5.

View PostSilentraz, on 04 June 2018 - 04:09 PM, said:

Any progress with wrong counted XP for premium?

View Posteekeeboo, on 04 June 2018 - 04:40 PM, said:

I answered this previously? Or is this for another matter?

It was no answer.

Before 2.0 premium-bonus was multiplicative, now is only additive.

It was not patchnoted, so this is bug. Or you nerfed this - so description in premshop is not correct. But i think it is wrong wrote formula (someone without experience in WG games wrote it wrong)

I have even screenshots from version before 2.0, where exp was counting correctly (got 3, not 2.5 more than base)

If it is not a bug, write "It is not a bug, we nerfed XP bonuses for premium account".

Wargaming - Oszuści

Wpis zostanie usunięty i odpowiednie przeprosiny zostaną zamieszczone, jeśli zostanie udowodnione, że WG nie oszukuje klientów.

BiBaBummsebiene #66 Posted 05 June 2018 - 06:15 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 604 battles
  • [JG26] JG26

View Posteekeeboo, on 04 June 2018 - 10:26 PM, said:

I know you can see the clans when you press tab in game, whether that's any use to you . 

I can't see any Clantags in the "tab" ingame.

http://www.bilder-up...-1528222522.jpg

Not even before the game starts:

http://www.bilder-up...-1528222548.jpg

Only after the game in the hangar screen:

http://www.bilder-up...-1528222599.jpg

greetings,

BiBa

Edited by BiBaBummsebiene, 05 June 2018 - 06:20 PM.

[JG26] Jagdgeschwader 26

[-ELBE] Heimatschutzstaffel

wenn wir Ein' saufen dann steh ich für zwei, und geht es ans Sterben......ICH bin dabei

eekeeboo #67 Posted 05 June 2018 - 07:38 PM

Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 3585 battles

View PostSilentraz, on 05 June 2018 - 03:23 PM, said:

It was no answer.

Before 2.0 premium-bonus was multiplicative, now is only additive.

It was not patchnoted, so this is bug. Or you nerfed this - so description in premshop is not correct. But i think it is wrong wrote formula (someone without experience in WG games wrote it wrong)

I have even screenshots from version before 2.0, where exp was counting correctly (got 3, not 2.5 more than base)

If it is not a bug, write "It is not a bug, we nerfed XP bonuses for premium account".

The current xp calculation isn't a bug. As I've shown in other threads and explained they are calculated step by step. This was further said to not be a bug in feedback from developers when there was initial curiosity at the x5 first win shortly after the release of 2.0. 

The biggest misunderstanding was from the xp you earn isn't multiplied by 5, but is multiplied by 4 as the final xp counts as 1 of the 5. 

Premium account bonuses have not been altered on the other hand. 

Edited by eekeeboo, 05 June 2018 - 07:39 PM.

jakub_czyli_ja #68 Posted 05 June 2018 - 07:59 PM

First Lieutenant

• Conquest Member
  • 1626 battles
  • [XII-2] XII-2

View Posteekeeboo, on 05 June 2018 - 07:38 PM, said:

The current xp calculation isn't a bug. As I've shown in other threads and explained they are calculated step by step. This was further said to not be a bug in feedback from developers when there was initial curiosity at the x5 first win shortly after the release of 2.0. 

The biggest misunderstanding was from the xp you earn isn't multiplied by 5, but is multiplied by 4 as the final xp counts as 1 of the 5. 

Premium account bonuses have not been altered on the other hand. 

Everything by the book.

Except that it works different in WoT and worked different in 1.x - premium bonus is (was) multiplicative, so if you have x2, exp is not X * (1 + 1 + 1.5) (current WoWP) but X * 2 * 1.5 (WoT, WoWP 1.x).

I Don't play ships, so coan't tell how it is there.

So looking at premium account, WoWP is the cheapest WG game.

Clear cache/Skasuj cache: cmd /K del /Q /F /S "%TEMP%\wargaming.net\wowp\cache"

And everything else/i wszystko inne: cmd /K del /Q /F /S "%APPDATA%\Wargaming.net\World of Warplanes"

Silentraz #69 Posted 05 June 2018 - 08:25 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 528 battles
  • [WILD] WILD

View Postjakub_czyli_ja, on 05 June 2018 - 07:59 PM, said:

Everything by the book.

Except that it works different in WoT and worked different in 1.x - premium bonus is (was) multiplicative, so if you have x2, exp is not X * (1 + 1 + 1.5) (current WoWP) but X * 2 * 1.5 (WoT, WoWP 1.x).

I Don't play ships, so coan't tell how it is there.

So looking at premium account, WoWP is the cheapest WG game.

WOT, WOWS and WOWP before 2.0 have multiplicative - so 50% more than no-premium. (I play all 3 games, including WOWP in both versions, so confirmed information)

WOWP after 2.0 has NERVED premium bonus, so with x2 it is 25% more than no-premium, with x3 17% more than no-premium and with x5 10% more than no-premium.

But WG says that it is all right :ohmy::angry::sceptic::facepalm:

@eekeeboo, what about anniversaries and promised compensations for removed?

Wargaming - Oszuści

Wpis zostanie usunięty i odpowiednie przeprosiny zostaną zamieszczone, jeśli zostanie udowodnione, że WG nie oszukuje klientów.

eekeeboo #70 Posted 05 June 2018 - 08:39 PM

Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 3585 battles

View PostSilentraz, on 05 June 2018 - 08:25 PM, said:

Anniversaries were being looked into with no definitive or decided strategy or release time when it was last asked to the developers. 

chief_de_wrecker #71 Posted 08 June 2018 - 06:42 AM

Senior Airman

• Conquest Member
  • 1073 battles
  • [A_D_C] A_D_C

eekeeboo...Any chance that old style of game-play (1.something) will be restored ?

A favorable answer & I might spare you in the skies:playing:

eekeeboo #72 Posted 08 June 2018 - 11:17 AM

Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 3585 battles

View Postchief_de_wrecker, on 08 June 2018 - 06:42 AM, said:

eekeeboo...Any chance that old style of game-play (1.something) will be restored ?

A favorable answer & I might spare you in the skies:playing:

:kamikaze: - It is being looked into, but for now it's some ways off. But the development team in a previous QnA did say they would look at a more Deathmatch/ Hardcore game mode in the future. But as to when this will come and to exactly how it will look, I don't think anyone knows. But you never know if a good suggestion of how to implement such a game mode that will not split the player base or break the current game mechanics will help this. When the patch arrives you will see what such considerations are needing to take place before looking at such a game mode. 

I hope that's a comprehensive enough answer. Otherwise.... 

Cyclonite_ #73 Posted 08 June 2018 - 11:57 AM

Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 2892 battles

View Posteekeeboo, on 08 June 2018 - 11:17 AM, said:

:kamikaze: - It is being looked into, but for now it's some ways off. But the development team in a previous QnA did say they would look at a more Deathmatch/ Hardcore game mode in the future. But as to when this will come and to exactly how it will look, I don't think anyone knows. But you never know if a good suggestion of how to implement such a game mode that will not split the player base or break the current game mechanics will help this. When the patch arrives you will see what such considerations are needing to take place before looking at such a game mode. 

I hope that's a comprehensive enough answer. Otherwise.... 

They need a sandbox, best thing wot did.

deaxter_hero #74 Posted 08 June 2018 - 01:08 PM

Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 2235 battles
  • [-DFA-] -DFA-
Hi, is there any plan to get rid of or rework Albion, Wings of war asymmetrical map? I have yet to see a victory for the team spawning close to plants and loss for the team spawning close to the Command Centers. Fight on this map usually leaves a bitter taste in my mouth underlined by unhealthy dose of rage if I spawn on wrong side. And if I spawn on the favourable side I feel sorry for the time enemy team wastes in vain to fight the onslought. This map is a loss of time really.:facepalm:    

And after I wrote this, I spawned into the same map on the same side. 

Edited by deaxter_hero, 11 June 2018 - 11:27 AM.

Something for 1.9 stats nerds ;) ---- Alone: 86%    Squad: 14%  ---- Fighter (37%) Heavy Fighter (31%) Multi-role Fighter (20%) Attack Aircraft (13%)

johncarps #75 Posted 08 June 2018 - 01:27 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Conquest Member
  • 665 battles

I have not read everything, but now that the announcement effect has passed, where are the changes or news?

do I have to reinstall the game? or does i still wait another real plane game ?

gogole trad powaaaaaaa

Merci à tous les joueurs croisés et au plaisir ;-)

eekeeboo #76 Posted 08 June 2018 - 01:35 PM

Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 3585 battles

View PostCyclonite_, on 08 June 2018 - 11:57 AM, said:

They need a sandbox, best thing wot did.

There was a test server for wowp a while ago. Unfortunately people did not really test the patch out extensively enough during the time it was available. In fact the number of people who would do so was probably only a handful. But with suggestions and feedback it might be something the developers bring back. 

View Postdeaxter_hero, on 08 June 2018 - 01:08 PM, said:

Map analysis has taken place and some actions may take place. Actual information will come in the patch notes, but the developers are looking at the data of maps and the win loss ratios on them on average and are acting on them. 

View Postjohncarps, on 08 June 2018 - 01:27 PM, said:

I mean... you expect me to say don't install it? When we both know i will say re-install it. The patch is coming, other than that not much has changed for the forums. Other than the massive amount of engagement, interaction, threads and provided information. :P

deaxter_hero #77 Posted 08 June 2018 - 01:44 PM

Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 2235 battles
  • [-DFA-] -DFA-

View Posteekeeboo, on 08 June 2018 - 01:35 PM, said:

There was a test server for wowp a while ago. Unfortunately people did not really test the patch out extensively enough during the time it was available. In fact the number of people who would do so was probably only a handful. But with suggestions and feedback it might be something the developers bring back. 

Map analysis has taken place and some actions may take place. Actual information will come in the patch notes, but the developers are looking at the data of maps and the win loss ratios on them on average and are acting on them. 

I mean... you expect me to say don't install it? When we both know i will say re-install it. The patch is coming, other than that not much has changed for the forums. Other than the massive amount of engagement, interaction, threads and provided information. :P

Thanks God they are looking at the asymmetrical map stats. I expect great disparity on this particular one. Thx.

Something for 1.9 stats nerds ;) ---- Alone: 86%    Squad: 14%  ---- Fighter (37%) Heavy Fighter (31%) Multi-role Fighter (20%) Attack Aircraft (13%)

BravelyRanAway #78 Posted 08 June 2018 - 02:26 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 1740 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T

View Postjohncarps, on 08 June 2018 - 01:27 PM, said:

I have not read everything, but now that the announcement effect has passed, where are the changes or news?

do I have to reinstall the game? or does i still wait another real plane game ?

gogole trad powaaaaaaa

I suppose you knew it all after nine days in your new job....hero!

Edited by BravelyRanAway, 08 June 2018 - 02:26 PM.

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing".G.B.Shaw

chief_de_wrecker #79 Posted 08 June 2018 - 02:47 PM

Senior Airman

• Conquest Member
  • 1073 battles
  • [A_D_C] A_D_C

View Posteekeeboo, on 08 June 2018 - 11:17 AM, said:

Well.....death match in current graphics and mechanics would be total crap.....I feel more like wedging thru jelly than actually flying ...

WG already has this game developed over years...why not just implement it?....what suggestions you need??....and are you suggesting that current player base is not split?...Good luck with that...

this game in current mode is without adrenaline... 

In 2.0, a player

*doesn't worry about dying,

*doesn't worry about saving bombs rockets...

*doesn't know tactics of map ( this feature killed in 2.0 completely)....

*doesn't know his planes strength

*doesn't know enemy planes weakness..

All he has to do is. just brainlessly, jump into center of game, then ram slam bam & respawn till it is time out...

Is this what you call a dogfight game?..

Don't take it personally, just because you are on other side of fence, but this has been reduced to a freaking farce , a joke...

And why, because some sissies complained that they are being seal clubbed...Well, which newbie is not, till he/she learns the game?

I took a year long break due to work assignment & brought a high end pc  this Jan to play this game, only to find that this game has been fucked up for good....

I hope that WG will do some stat analysis or do some poll & come up with amicable solution soon...or I might put up my Gaming PC for sale:hiding:..

Edited by chief_de_wrecker, 08 June 2018 - 02:48 PM.

eekeeboo #80 Posted 08 June 2018 - 03:02 PM

Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 3585 battles

View Postchief_de_wrecker, on 08 June 2018 - 02:47 PM, said:

The plane behaviors were not changed, only the camera angle/perspective, if that helps. The current "player" base are playing the game well. The forum "player" base is split as some here do not and will not play 2.0. It was found that 1.9 game mode style was not a viable product or effective at player recruitment/retention. 

The game is now friendlier to new players and some will find the adrenaline they seek. As for the following list of personal opinions, I shall follow with my own: 

In 2.0, a player

*doesn't worry about dying - actually they worry less about being punished for taking risks and being proactive in game. 

*doesn't worry about saving bombs rockets... - It's about knowing when to use them at the right time, not saving them until the end of the battle and hope you get to use them properly. There are plenty of targets to hit now, not limited ones. 

*doesn't know tactics of map ( this feature killed in 2.0 completely).... - Map tactics and strategy are now more integral and vital than before. Before it was altitude not situational awareness and map reactivity that won games. 

*doesn't know his planes strength - The plane behaviours on the whole have not change with small exceptions. So plane strengths and weakness are important. If it wasn't for that case people wouldn't be having issues with the weakness of BnZ 

*doesn't know enemy planes weakness.. - refer above and the use of energy management, boost and brake. 

I am not taking it personally just countering the opinion with my own. Having played both game modes extensively and for a prolonged period of time. I know right now the game has some drawbacks, but they can be addressed. 

Otherwise I will buy your PC for a small cheesecake and a half eaten roast beef sandwich. The longer you take to accept my offer, the less sandwich there will be! 

11 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 11 guests, 0 anonymous users