• Please log in to reply
90 replies to this topic

jakub_czyli_ja #81 Posted 18 June 2018 - 10:15 PM

First Lieutenant

• Conquest Member
  • 5888 battles
  • [XII-2] XII-2

View Posteekeeboo, on 18 June 2018 - 10:04 PM, said:

No, you said "how would you try rig accuracy against aerial targets". A question to my answer of; "accuracy is something you can manipulate". The word rigging was used in skill based MM not in accuracy manipulation. I didn't miss anything, I was merely waiting for you to clarify your question based on mixed use of the word to original situation.

Which exactly word from that question is unclear to you?

And of course - what about 2nd question?

eekeeboo #82 Posted 19 June 2018 - 08:24 AM

Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 5026 battles

View Postjakub_czyli_ja, on 18 June 2018 - 10:15 PM, said:

Which exactly word from that question is unclear to you?

And of course - what about 2nd question?

I asked you which question were you actively stating the word rig. I never said you could rig accuracy, I said you could manipulate it via shooting ground targets with fast firing weapons. That was how you completed destroying ground targets. I have stated this on 3 occasions and how this was how you completed missions like "Get an ace and at least 30% accuracy. You killed 5 planes and shot at Ground targets with F94D and you get 70% accuracy in the game". 

As for the rigging of skill based mm. This is how you have people with high skill based mm against low in a flight. There are many ways skill based mm wouldn't work in planes, I've also repeated these to you on many occasions, including to your suggestions on statistical methods to use. 

zen_monk_ #83 Posted 19 June 2018 - 09:13 AM

First Lieutenant

• Alpha Tester
  • 9496 battles
  • [__] __

View Posteekeeboo, on 19 June 2018 - 08:24 AM, said:

I asked you which question were you actively stating the word rig. I never said you could rig accuracy, I said you could manipulate it via shooting ground targets with fast firing weapons. That was how you completed destroying ground targets. I have stated this on 3 occasions and how this was how you completed missions like "Get an ace and at least 30% accuracy. You killed 5 planes and shot at Ground targets with F94D and you get 70% accuracy in the game". 

As for the rigging of skill based mm. This is how you have people with high skill based mm against low in a flight. There are many ways skill based mm wouldn't work in planes, I've also repeated these to you on many occasions, including to your suggestions on statistical methods to use. 

Is it only for stats boosting&bragging rights, or you'll have more XP at the end?

stats were invented by Satan himself to suck the carefree fun out of gaming                            

eekeeboo #84 Posted 19 June 2018 - 09:14 AM

Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 5026 battles

View Postzen_monk_, on 19 June 2018 - 09:13 AM, said:

Is it only for stats boosting&bragging rights, or you'll have more XP at the end?

Some previous missions in campaigns and for competitions would require you to get a certain level of accuracy etc. This also allowed you to artificially inflate your accuracy when people would look at your profile. Some would take your accuracy into account on how good of a pilot you were. 

zen_monk_ #85 Posted 19 June 2018 - 09:17 AM

First Lieutenant

• Alpha Tester
  • 9496 battles
  • [__] __

For the second point I couldn't care less :-) But the first one is very valuable to know.

Thank you again.

stats were invented by Satan himself to suck the carefree fun out of gaming                            

klbergmen #86 Posted 19 June 2018 - 11:32 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 5210 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

View Posteekeeboo, on 08 June 2018 - 10:40 AM, said:

The "no suitable opponents found" means you go from having same tier vs same tier and solo vs solo. After a set time the mm expands into +/- tier and the flights vs non flights. This is why you're shown the tiers where most players are.

Can you put this into your initial post ? This info is missing there.

BravelyRanAway #87 Posted 19 June 2018 - 02:20 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 4701 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T

jakub is a firm believer in the WG patent being in use regarding MM rigging. But as skill is not taken into consideration during the battle setup.....that kind of kicks the idea of that one idea of many ideas from the patent to the side line.

Perhaps you could ask the devs if player skill taken into consideration setting up the MM and report back with an answer to put jakup's mind at ease.:great:

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing".G.B.Shaw

jakub_czyli_ja #88 Posted 19 June 2018 - 05:36 PM

First Lieutenant

• Conquest Member
  • 5888 battles
  • [XII-2] XII-2

While I used words "accuracy against aerial targets", and you start to brag about shooting ground targets.

That is why I have strong suspicion that some words may be unclear to you.

Block Quote

Nope, you did not.

All you do in this topic are misunderstanding and avoidance.

It's kinda interesting how "rigging" word, contrary to what we can observe in WoT in case of XVM, WN8, rerolls, where players want to have skill coefficient presented as high as possible, under your fingers starts to mean "have as low as possible skill coefficient to be matched with the biggest [edited]playing".

Unfortunately somehow I can't get a story, what would happen after achieving so low skill coefficient.

Would rigger start to sealclubbing, would he (or she) have skil coefficient going up because of sealclubbing, to reflect real skill value and being matched with players with similar skill?

Or maybe would ply like total retard, to keep the skill value?

What is wrong with both cases?

And what is the difference with current situation?

What about majority of players who would like to be matched with players of similar skill, not interested in any rigging?

jakub_czyli_ja #89 Posted 19 June 2018 - 05:45 PM

First Lieutenant

• Conquest Member
  • 5888 battles
  • [XII-2] XII-2

View PostBravelyRanAway, on 19 June 2018 - 02:20 PM, said:

jakub is a firm believer in the WG patent being in use regarding MM rigging. But as skill is not taken into consideration during the battle setup.....that kind of kicks the idea of that one idea of many ideas from the patent to the side line.

Perhaps you could ask the devs if player skill taken into consideration setting up the MM and report back with an answer to put jakup's mind at ease.:great:

He doesn't have to, I already know the answer - it will be no.

I also don't believe them, because being a WG developer, I'd answer exactly the same, regardless whether skill would be used or not.

For sure and unfortunately it isn't used to match players with similar skill level.

Lack of my belief comes from various sources.

Major is what happened after XVM became popular in WoT - spring vs autumn battles - once for some time happened a battle where one team was made of players in top 25%, and the other had none of such - for 15 people teams such setup has really low possibility. Of course skilled team was roflstomping unskilled one within minutes.

And then funny thing happeend - after few months, there were no such battles at all. One may say - probability (then what happened earlier?), other - MM was tweaked to avoid such happenings.

I know what can be done, so my belief in pure probability is low.

BravelyRanAway #90 Posted 19 June 2018 - 08:30 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 4701 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T
lol

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing".G.B.Shaw

eekeeboo #91 Posted 19 June 2018 - 10:14 PM

Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 5026 battles

View PostBravelyRanAway, on 19 June 2018 - 02:20 PM, said:

I have asked this and posted on the forums under "Concerns about MM" Skill is not taken into account during the MM system. 

View Postjakub_czyli_ja, on 19 June 2018 - 05:36 PM, said:

Please refer back to the original, there is a definite line between manipulation and rigging. 

Also tagged with matchmaker

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users