Achievements medals tokens grades

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

Isoruku_Yamamoto #1 Posted 09 June 2018 - 02:36 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 2163 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

Notice: layout & content are still in progress, but here's the raw draft so far. 

This article is meant to provide an overview of which medals exist and, more specifically, which of these bring tokens.

It also discusses the mechanisms of getting battle mission grades.

Grades

Each aircraft has its own role in battle & in order to encourage you to play for this, grades have been introduced. Each type has 3 criteria in which it can perform to get grades.

I’ll update the precise requirements for each aircraft type and mark (I refer to the stripes you get while building up for grades as marks).

Fighters: Shoot down planes, gain capture points (by shooting down planes in hostile or neutral sectors) & shoot down planes in your sectors to defend.

Multiroles: Capture sectors, gain capture points, shoot down planes in your sectors to defend.

Heavy fighters: Capture sectors, gain capture points, shoot down planes.

Ground attack: Destroy sections, gain capture points, capture sectors.

Bombers: Destroy sections, gain capture points, capture sectors.

You can get up to 5 marks in each category, the sum of all marks determines your grade:

5th grade: 4 marks

4th grade: 7 marks

3rd grade: 9 marks

2nd grade: 11 marks

1st grade: 13 marks.

Note that to obtain first grade you do not need full efficiency in each category. You can reach 5th grade by doing objectives in only one category, 3rd grade by doing objectives in two categories.

Unlocking your first grade will get you one token (only for the first time for the day, in tier IV+).

Medals & achievements

Epic (1 token for first medal of the day):
Each epic achievement yields 1 token when gained the first time of the day. Epic achievements can be obtained in tier IV and higher.

Marseille: 17 aerial kills in 1 sortie and winning.

Tip: Note that the required number of kills are simply aerial kills. Everything counts; enemy aircraft, but also air defense aircraft and bomber flight aircraft. Key aspects are that you must win and you must survive throughout the 17 kills, so if you are planning on getting this medal make sure to watch the HP-bar. 

McCampbell: 10 aerial kills in 1 sortie and winning. The 10 in streak must include 1 of all 5 types.

Tip: Much like the Marseille medal, it is important to keep track of your progress, HP and the victory. However, you must also make sure to get all five types at least once- so perhaps you need to go a little out of your way to get that bomber or heavy fighter still to get this medal. 

Langs medal: destroy 15 ground targets in a sortie & win the battle

Tip: Like many medals that have to do with destroying ground targets and getting points from it, don't be ashamed to shoot the last section of a building group if that's what it takes. This medal has a built-in counter to keep progress for you (resets every sortie) so that's very easy. You need 15 ground targets, not specified which, so just go for the small & easy ones: AA-mounts, tent camps and so on. But also feel what your plane is best at and make sure you get the full target, don't leave any sections standing!
Winning is generally something that comes more or less naturally when playing for this medal; in a GA or Bomber you would be doing your job well if you get the Lang's medal.

Kozhedub: Destroy 5 aircraft from the enemy combat group after squall and survive

Tip: This is one of the few Epic medals that you don't necessarily need to win for. You do need to survie, and you must make a good amount of kills after squall. So make sure you know when squall starts and try to avoid direct combat in the say 10-20s before that, unless you are dead certain you can take those enemies on. Once squall starts, pick out your enemies one by one (don't engage large groups!) and let your plane repair a bit if your HP becomes dangerously low. 

Golubev: Destroy 3 enemy aircraft with rockets in 1 sortie and win the battle

Tip: While this can be done with any aircraft that carries rockets (above tier 4 of course), anti-air rockets have a significant edge over anti-ground rockets for this medal. Make sure to pick up the Expert Rocketeer skill for your pilot and try to find targets that you can take aim at- ground attacks, heavy fighters or bombers. Bomber flights are a suitable target, but due to their large HP pool it may be difficult to get three kills. 
Like the other medals, make sure to watch your HP. Moreover, be aware of how many rockets (sets) you have at your disposal!

Gabreski: Destroy 10 aerial targets and 7 ground targets in a sortie and win

Tips to get the medal: since you'll be needing both ground damage and aerial kills, it does not make sense to take a fighter or a bomber. 

Multiroles are a good choice, since you can make aerial kills and try to pick off the last bits of structures that are already heavily damaged. 
Do mind that you have to win AND do all of the requirements in a single sortie, so make sure you survive while getting the medal!

AkamatsuFigther: 400 cap points for destroying aerial in a sortie

Tip: This can be done in many ways, but most generally it will be achieved through a combination of attacking and defending. If you make a good start at your first sector attack, you can already shoot down three air defense aircraft, gaining 120 cap points. 
The usual trick is survival- so try to sit behind enemies more often than in front of them. 
And, make your kills inside bases rather than outside. Air defense aircraft always give cap points, but enemy aircraft only do when above non-locked friendly or enemy territory.

LambertMultirole: 400 cap points in a sortie

Tip: This can be done in many ways, but most generally it will be achieved through a combination of attacking and defending. If you make a good start at your first sector attack, you can already shoot down three air defense aircraft, gaining 120 cap points. 
The usual trick is survival- so try to sit behind enemies more often than in front of them. Depending on your aircraft you can now also deploy your ordnance for extra effectiveness. 
And, make your kills inside bases rather than outside. Air defense aircraft always give cap points, but enemy aircraft only do when above non-locked friendly or enemy territory.

McGuireHeavy: 400 cap points in a sortie

May only be obtained in heavy fighters. Tips: shooting down air defense aircraft can be very useful to get this award. If you can   manage to fly high enough such that enemy fighters struggle to reach you, you can survive for long times. While it will cost quite   some time to get the required capture points in this way, it is a relatively safe way of trying- though succes mainly depends on the   duration of the battle. 

EfimovGround attack: get 400 cap points on ground targets in a sortie in a ground attack aircraft. 

Tip: It is wise to try and "steal" capture points from other players- allies or enemies- by shooting at damaged targets. This allows you to get more cap points for your weaponry output. Also, mining plants and strongholds tend to have many buildings to shoot at before you can cap them so they make a good target for ground attacks to assault, where for instance airfields are sometimes taken over only by shooting down air defense aircraft. It is also nice if enemy aircraft are attacking the sector you are attacking, because it will take much longer before either of the two sides gets the cap- which helps your cap points. 

DoolittleBomber: 400 cap points on ground targets in a sortie

Tip: It is wise to try and "steal" capture points from other players- allies or enemies- by bombing at damaged targets. This allows you to get more cap points for your weaponry output. Also, mining plants and strongholds tend to have many buildings to shoot at before you can cap them so they make a good target for ground attacks to assault, where for instance airfields are sometimes taken over only by shooting down air defense aircraft. It is also nice if enemy aircraft are attacking the sector you are attacking, because it will take much longer before either of the two sides gets the cap- which helps your cap points. 

Service awards (1 token for first medal of the day):

There are a number of other service awards as well, but these do not yield tokens. Service awards also drop 1 token for the first time its achieved on a day and they can be obtained in tier IV+.  

Winged legend: Gain over 14k personal points in a battle

Hero of the Sky Badge: Obtain the highest grade (you only need First grade, so you need 13 out of 15 grade marks).

Ace: Destroy 20 aerial targets in a battle

Thunder: Gain 400 cap points by destroying ground targets

Service awards: No tokens

These are merely to indicate you’re doing well, but you do not get tokens for them. The awards are only given at tier IV+.

Maximum efficiency badges (8 different): This badge indicates that you have gained the maximum efficiency in a certain aircraft type battle mission. The battle mission is your progress towards tokens, which is explained above. As each topic has a maximum of 5 marks, a badge is obtained for having 5 marks in 1 category. Increasing your performance in that category after obtained the corresponding badge no longer leads to an increase in grades.

Conqueror: Obtain 450 cap points

Guardian: Get 250 cap point for destroying enemy aircraft flying over sectors that are in your (your teams) control. Otherwise interpretable as: get 250 defense points.

Predator: Assist in making at least 10 kills in 1 battle.

Sub-awards

To indicate less heroic, but mentionable battle performance there are numereous other achievements, which are listed (based on category) below:

Destroying certain (mixes) of aircraft types: 

- Hunt for condor

- Hunt for hawk

- Hunt for stormbird

- Hunt for

Etc, needs further updating

For making a certain type of non-regular kill:

- Bombardier

- Rocketeer

- Expert rear gunner/ Self defense master

Isoruku_Yamamoto

Edited by Isoruku_Yamamoto, 04 October 2018 - 08:24 AM.

zen_monk_ #2 Posted 09 June 2018 - 07:19 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Alpha Tester
  • 4641 battles
  • [__] __
Thank you, Yamamoto San.
stats were invented by Satan himself to suck the carefree fun out of gaming

eekeeboo #3 Posted 09 June 2018 - 08:13 PM

Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 4600 battles
Good work! I look forward to seeing this evolve into an excellent guide! I do suggest when time permits trying to separate some of the text. I'd happily help you with this if you need, I know from my experiences, some people see text and run away :teethhappy:

mcpipo #4 Posted 10 June 2018 - 08:09 AM

Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 6767 battles
  • [--R--] --R--
about madals and achievements, why are they wanishing? where are my medals gone? have send a ticket about that problem and it was closed without resolving the problem,that was two months ago,the support brains have said that this problem will be resolved with upcoming patches and what do you know....checking something in my archive ive seen that MORE medals and achievement are simply gone erased....wtf??? 

dreambill #5 Posted 10 June 2018 - 08:50 AM

• Conquest Member
  • 2190 battles
  • [GR-12] GR-12

Exactly what I was asking for a few days ago! Thanks m8!

Now this has to be permanent pinned somehow and easily noticed and accessible.

(Graphic additions of metals and badges would be good too, but I know this is WGs work and not yours)

(Eekee could ask this to be done by WG, I suppose, in fact I would love to have this info in an instructions page into the game itself)

Again well done and Thanks!

Edited by dreambill, 10 June 2018 - 08:53 AM.

Isoruku_Yamamoto #6 Posted 10 June 2018 - 12:06 PM

• Advanced Member
  • 2163 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

View Postdreambill, on 10 June 2018 - 08:50 AM, said:

Exactly what I was asking for a few days ago! Thanks m8!

Now this has to be permanent pinned somehow and easily noticed and accessible.

(Graphic additions of metals and badges would be good too, but I know this is WGs work and not yours)

(Eekee could ask this to be done by WG, I suppose, in fact I would love to have this info in an instructions page into the game itself)

Again well done and Thanks!

I've tried doing the images, but the problem is i dont know how to embed them properly- right now it just gives a link to the attachment. 

I'll try to figure this out & expand the list later on, but of course i want to make some playing hours as well. 

View Postzen_monk_, on 09 June 2018 - 08:37 PM, said:

Isoroku mate, feel free co copy/paste this in your OP. It's easier to follow the text.

And eekeeboo, delete this too if OP decides to change it (or not).

Thank you both!

@zen_monk_ thanks for doing the layout for me, for now i've just taken it over the way you posted it. I will continu to update this topic. 

Isoruku_Yamamoto #7 Posted 10 June 2018 - 12:14 PM

• Advanced Member
  • 2163 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM
I've succefully added an image to the gabreski, but it links to the old wiki page & there is no page with a complete overview- which is the problem to begin with. 

@Eekeeboo is there any chance you could help me with this?

eekeeboo #8 Posted 10 June 2018 - 12:36 PM

Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 4600 battles

View Postmcpipo, on 10 June 2018 - 08:09 AM, said:

I know there was a problem with this for some people. As far as I know it was fixed if you sent a ticket to support and it would be manually fixed. I think with the patch coming soon it may be quicker to wait than wait for the support system to go through completely. 

View Postdreambill, on 10 June 2018 - 08:50 AM, said:

When things are put into place, there will be a dedicated guide area. I would move the thread now, but I know how many people look on gameplay right now. So I'm leaving it here for now. 

View PostIsoruku_Yamamoto, on 10 June 2018 - 12:06 PM, said:

No worries it is slightly funky. The best way is to upload the images to a hosting site like imgur. Then click on the "picture" icon when you post (next to the youtube icon) and then you past the link to the image address. It should then allow you to keep going. So what I usually have to do, which takes a lot of time is to screenshot of the whole page and then cut each medal then save it as an individual picture on imgur and so on. 

Isoruku_Yamamoto #9 Posted 26 August 2018 - 06:43 PM

• Advanced Member
  • 2163 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

Status update @ 26/08/2018 (will use this comment to keep giving updates if no one else replies) :

- I am working on pictures, but this is tedious and ineffecient. It will work though, i will upload examples asap. 
- I have a complete overview of which medals i want to present & in which way i want to present them, but i am not presenting all at once yet. 
- I am aware that i should pick this up again, so i am doing so. I am trying to write the post such that i may use it for both the forum and the wiki at once now. 

Status update @27/08/2018

- Pictures added for epic medals

- minor description reworks

- Tips added for as far as i can give proper advice

Grtz I_Y

Edited by Isoruku_Yamamoto, 27 August 2018 - 01:15 PM.

zen_monk_ #10 Posted 27 August 2018 - 09:25 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Alpha Tester
  • 4641 battles
  • [__] __

@eekeeboo

I strongly suggest this should be pinned, same as Bonus Codes thread. Extremely useful and beneficial for the gaming.

eekeeboo #11 Posted 27 August 2018 - 10:48 AM

Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 4600 battles

View Postzen_monk_, on 27 August 2018 - 09:25 AM, said:

@eekeeboo

I strongly suggest this should be pinned, same as Bonus Codes thread. Extremely useful and beneficial for the gaming.

I'm planning on moving it to the guides section once everything is together. 

madguy #12 Posted 27 August 2018 - 01:06 PM

Senior Airman

• Beta Tester
  • 1476 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

Good start m8

"Hero of the Sky Badge: Obtain the highest grade (you only need grade 5 so you need 13 out of 15 grade marks)."

Although this part might be confusing to new players since you call it first grade in the upper section...

Yes, yes, I am Mad, bro.

Isoruku_Yamamoto #13 Posted 27 August 2018 - 01:19 PM

• Advanced Member
  • 2163 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

View Postmadguy, on 27 August 2018 - 01:06 PM, said:

Good start m8

"Hero of the Sky Badge: Obtain the highest grade (you only need grade 5 so you need 13 out of 15 grade marks)."

Although this part might be confusing to new players since you call it first grade in the upper section...

Well yeah, :child:, but, :child:, the two of us are always brainfarting over that specific issue so i should at least demonstrate that once in writing stuff like this right?

madguy #14 Posted 27 August 2018 - 03:24 PM

Senior Airman

• Beta Tester
  • 1476 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM
If you're gonna include all our brainfarts in these guides you might as well stop writing now, quz that ain't gonna be much help to anyone :facepalm:

Yes, yes, I am Mad, bro.

Timewarp76 #15 Posted 27 September 2018 - 07:20 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 1060 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

View PostIsoruku_Yamamoto, on 26 August 2018 - 07:43 PM, said:

Status update @ 26/08/2018 (will use this comment to keep giving updates if no one else replies) :

- I am working on pictures, but this is tedious and ineffecient. It will work though, i will upload examples asap. 
- I have a complete overview of which medals i want to present & in which way i want to present them, but i am not presenting all at once yet. 
- I am aware that i should pick this up again, so i am doing so. I am trying to write the post such that i may use it for both the forum and the wiki at once now. 

Status update @27/08/2018

- Pictures added for epic medals

- minor description reworks

- Tips added for as far as i can give proper advice

Grtz I_Y

Looking good so far, love the write up and the enthusiasm! Good work!
[BBMM] Beer Belly Master Mindz (recruiting) - English Speaking - Mature
If you are interested in having some fun and hanging out with a good crowd, look us up! Our primary  game language is English and we have members from all over the EU and even a few Americans living in Germany as well. We are typically online nightly around 2100 CET. Feel free to stop by and say hi, our voice server is Discord here is the link https://:  discord.gg/mezA43q

zen_monk_ #16 Posted 02 October 2018 - 04:38 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Alpha Tester
  • 4641 battles
  • [__] __

As of 2.0.7.

Restored rewards with Tokens for achieving Ace, Thunder or Winged Legend service awards once a day.

More work, Yamamoto San :-)

Isoruku_Yamamoto #17 Posted 03 October 2018 - 09:44 PM

• Advanced Member
  • 2163 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

Winged legend already was 1 token. But ill change it.

Ace & Thunder moved from service awards: no tokens to service awards: 1 token section.

Edited by Isoruku_Yamamoto, 04 October 2018 - 08:25 AM.

Also tagged with Achievements, medals, tokens, grades

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users