Jump to content


Bug Reports


  • Please log in to reply
620 replies to this topic

Sidus_Preclarum #601 Posted 06 September 2019 - 03:28 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Advanced Member
  • 6855 battles
  • 349
  • Member since:
    09-15-2012
That did the trick. Didn't know that button gave such an option, thought it was only "defaut & safe"

Ensign_Steel #602 Posted 06 September 2019 - 07:07 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Alpha Tester
  • 1849 battles
  • 164
  • [-TPS-] -TPS-
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostSidus_Preclarum, on 06 September 2019 - 05:28 PM, said:

That did the trick. Didn't know that button gave such an option, thought it was only "defaut & safe"

 

Eyyy, excellent news! Clearing cache is usually where I start my troubleshooting with anything odd and curious with the game.


Franco_Scala, on 15 June 2018 - 12:25 PM, said:

You can't have your cake and have [whopee] with it


Teach59 #603 Posted 07 September 2019 - 11:01 AM

    Senior Airman

  • Member
  • 7407 battles
  • 22
  • [BAD11] BAD11
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

We seem to be having a login issue with the EU server.

I hope this is still the correct place for error reporting?
Thanks

Now Fixed :-)

Broken again after working for 4 hours (between 12:00-16:00 UK time)

Attached Files

  • Attached File   WOWp login error 2c.jpg   110.71K

Edited by Teach59, 07 September 2019 - 03:18 PM.


Ziptop #604 Posted 07 September 2019 - 01:09 PM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Beta Tester
  • 4385 battles
  • 747
  • Member since:
    08-31-2012

View PostTeach59, on 07 September 2019 - 12:01 PM, said:

We seem to be having a login issue with the EU server.

I hope this is still the correct place for error reporting?
Thanks

Now Fixed :-)

Not fixed for me. 



Teach59 #605 Posted 07 September 2019 - 03:17 PM

    Senior Airman

  • Member
  • 7407 battles
  • 22
  • [BAD11] BAD11
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostZiptop, on 07 September 2019 - 01:09 PM, said:

Not fixed for me. 


It has returned, I was kicked out at the end of a game and get the same error message again :-(



Sidus_Preclarum #606 Posted 08 September 2019 - 08:31 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Advanced Member
  • 6855 battles
  • 349
  • Member since:
    09-15-2012

Look, WG, that game takes an inordinate ammount to alt-tab in (compared to the 2 others where it's instantaneous (and don't get me started about the instability))

 

So how about you either make the icon flash earlier, or don't fkn make plane spawn on course to an unavoidable crash if you alt-tab back when it does !? :angry:


Edited by Sidus_Preclarum, 08 September 2019 - 08:31 PM.


apartclassic #607 Posted 08 September 2019 - 08:51 PM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Advanced Member
  • 20469 battles
  • 567
  • [W_R_E] W_R_E
  • Member since:
    01-21-2014

View PostSidus_Preclarum, on 08 September 2019 - 08:31 PM, said:

Look, WG, that game takes an inordinate ammount to alt-tab in (compared to the 2 others where it's instantaneous (and don't get me started about the instability))

 

So how about you either make the icon flash earlier, or don't fkn make plane spawn on course to an unavoidable crash if you alt-tab back when it does !? :angry:

 

Sorry to say but this particular thing might be related to your machine rather than to the game itself. I spend a lot of time Alt-Tabbed out of the game (forum and Discord are very absorbing) and am not feeling that switching back to the game takes a long time (though on very rare occasions it may result in a ctd or the broken UI bug; I guess that despite all the optimization, which really made the game a lot more fluent, there's still some gfx memory leak).


You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day


BravelyRanAway #608 Posted 08 September 2019 - 09:10 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Beta Tester
  • 4112 battles
  • 1,584
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View Postapartclassic, on 08 September 2019 - 08:51 PM, said:

 

Sorry to say but this particular thing might be related to your machine rather than to the game itself. I spend a lot of time Alt-Tabbed out of the game (forum and Discord are very absorbing) and am not feeling that switching back to the game takes a long time (though on very rare occasions it may result in a ctd or the broken UI bug; I guess that despite all the optimization, which really made the game a lot more fluent, there's still some gfx memory leak).

So...you're saying that it's his machine while saying that it's the game itself.

Such incidents never happen with WoT or WoWS's.


"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing".G.B.Shaw


apartclassic #609 Posted 08 September 2019 - 09:17 PM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Advanced Member
  • 20469 battles
  • 567
  • [W_R_E] W_R_E
  • Member since:
    01-21-2014

View PostBravelyRanAway, on 08 September 2019 - 09:10 PM, said:

So...you're saying that it's his machine while saying that it's the game itself.

Such incidents never happen with WoT or WoWS's.

 

Nope, I said for me Alt-Tabbing is very quick, and very rarely it crashes the game - I should've said that it happens only after a long time in game and after multiple switches, but still very rarely. What I meant by the game is some small memory leak or the UI bug (hence the issues happening only when logged in for a few hours non-stop). It does happen with WoWS too.


Edited by apartclassic, 08 September 2019 - 09:17 PM.

You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day


zen_monk_ #610 Posted 08 September 2019 - 09:26 PM

    First Lieutenant

  • Alpha Tester
  • 8397 battles
  • 2,699
  • [__] __
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012
And much of the issues can be avoided (if you're using Win10) if you run the game in Win7 compatibility mode.

stats were invented by Satan himself to suck the carefree fun out of gaming                            


Ziptop #611 Posted 09 September 2019 - 06:55 AM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Beta Tester
  • 4385 battles
  • 747
  • Member since:
    08-31-2012

View Postzen_monk_, on 08 September 2019 - 10:26 PM, said:

And much of the issues can be avoided (if you're using Win10) if you run the game in Win7 compatibility mode.

Really? is that true or are you actually kidding?



zen_monk_ #612 Posted 09 September 2019 - 07:07 AM

    First Lieutenant

  • Alpha Tester
  • 8397 battles
  • 2,699
  • [__] __
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostZiptop, on 09 September 2019 - 06:55 AM, said:

Really? is that true or are you actually kidding?

 

Not kidding, I never do that in these subjects.

 

There was an "invisible ground targets" or-something bug, turned out only Win7 users were except from the bug.  For Win10 users it was solved by running a game in compatibility mode. And there were several more bugs that affected only Win10 users, again solvable with compatibility mode.

 

I run on Win7 so can't check (and I don't have most problems you guys describe), but it's worth a try.

 


Edited by zen_monk_, 09 September 2019 - 07:31 AM.

stats were invented by Satan himself to suck the carefree fun out of gaming                            


Sidus_Preclarum #613 Posted 09 September 2019 - 09:06 AM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Advanced Member
  • 6855 battles
  • 349
  • Member since:
    09-15-2012
Thanks for the heads up, will try that.

L0RD_F3N1X #614 Posted 09 September 2019 - 05:52 PM

    Master Sergeant

  • Conquest Member
  • 4110 battles
  • 62
  • [POL1] POL1
  • Member since:
    05-30-2014

I have this issue with tokens for epic achivments. I'm not reciving tokens for daily epic medals only becouse i also earn them day before. 

In example: yesterday I recived tokens after  "Lang" and "Thunder" medals.
Today when I earn them again I didn't get tokens even if they were first that day.



Sidus_Preclarum #615 Posted 15 September 2019 - 08:09 AM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Advanced Member
  • 6855 battles
  • 349
  • Member since:
    09-15-2012
The "replace mission" button can give you an already completed mission?! wtf…

houghtonbee #616 Posted 15 September 2019 - 08:30 AM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Advanced Member
  • 4449 battles
  • 521
  • [BBMM] BBMM
  • Member since:
    06-23-2013

View PostSidus_Preclarum, on 15 September 2019 - 09:09 AM, said:

The "replace mission" button can give you an already completed mission?! wtf…

 

If you restart the game with the clear cache option it clears this little bug.



Aimless #617 Posted 15 September 2019 - 09:30 AM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Beta Tester
  • 2811 battles
  • 355
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View Posthoughtonbee, on 15 September 2019 - 08:30 AM, said:

 

If you restart the game with the clear cache option it clears this little bug.

 

This, very much. I still wonder why the cache isn't cleared at the start by default, as it causes weird bugs, for the benefits of.... what actually??? :sceptic:



Aimless #618 Posted 24 September 2019 - 09:21 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Beta Tester
  • 2811 battles
  • 355
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

After a few days off, my daily missions don't show any more progression. Anyone else? Of course I tried the "clear cache" thingy, two times.

 

edit: Problem solved, I should read the mission goals more carefully :facepalm:


Edited by Aimless, 25 September 2019 - 07:08 AM.


Sidus_Preclarum #619 Posted 11 October 2019 - 08:23 AM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Advanced Member
  • 6855 battles
  • 349
  • Member since:
    09-15-2012

This kind of made bombing a tad more difficult.

 

Attached Files

  • Attached File   shot_517.jpg   384.73K


GonerNL #620 Posted 11 October 2019 - 10:27 AM

    First Lieutenant

  • Advanced Member
  • 10034 battles
  • 2,125
  • Member since:
    09-02-2017

Oh, looks great ...

 

I just had the infamous 'mud bug' where your screen is slowly covered in mud at 2km altitude and you can't see crap..

 

Someone at WG developed a sense of humor ... I typed s.h.i.t. and it was replaced with crap.


Edited by GonerNL, 11 October 2019 - 10:28 AM.





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users