27 replies to this topic

CheefCoach #1 Posted 12 June 2018 - 06:29 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 3043 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

http://blog.worldofw...nd-calibration/

http://blog.worldofw...es-consumables/

Question is what will happen to existing equipment on planes and in depot?

https://stats-sig.eu/wowp/CheefCoach/ussr/xs/en/sig.png

jakub_czyli_ja #2 Posted 12 June 2018 - 07:27 PM

First Lieutenant

• Conquest Member
  • 2346 battles
  • [XII-2] XII-2

About calibration - day without a fcukup is a lost day: description for optical sight: Pilot's resistance to injuries: +3-5% while screens and in-game footage from youtube suggest that it should be negative. Red color also.

Same for all entries.

Consumables - Pay2Win fuel comes back.

It may be a good idea to sell any tree tier I-III planes because of first aid kits conversion.

zeitza #3 Posted 12 June 2018 - 08:11 PM

Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 2817 battles

Kinda ridiculous how these young developers are never able to understand the bigger picture and I though it's hard to make a change with old farts in the team.

"Mr Highenergy" aka Battle balance LEAD ...oh my god I can't stop laughing....

What about focusing on reworking the main game mode instead of  working on complex stuff that makes it even harder for new players to get an entry..... :facepalm:

I know there are usually different teams responsible for different things - I doubt that's the case here otherwise we would see way more updates....

I wish an external developer studio would get the task to create a game mode similar to wot and frontline. They obviously can't make it on their own and the core game has to be adjusted to get the people into it. Later on you should focus on consumables and improving stuff like statistics.....

Whatever....:(

Edited by zeitza, 12 June 2018 - 08:19 PM.

Spuggy #4 Posted 12 June 2018 - 08:24 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 1642 battles

Consumables look a little pay to win but the new equipment looks like a tinkerers wet dream.

Can't. Funking. Wait

_Vagonbrei_ #5 Posted 12 June 2018 - 08:49 PM

Senior Airman

• 3564 battles
  • [WOTMP] WOTMP

First reaction after reading both was:

And then was:

Read them second time and I was about the same.

So if this disabled aberration comes live we can tell an old bad game had a short period with 2.0 when it was realy fine than became bad again.

Looks like some short of the tales of "Wirt the Peg-Legged boy".

(I realy hope this is just a realy late april fools' joke.)

Nishi_Kinuyo #6 Posted 12 June 2018 - 09:06 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 573 battles
  • [GUP] GUP

Don't see Improved Control Surface Modification in the equipment blog...

Is it going the way of the dodo?

Suppose that the Lightweight Power Unit performs a rather similar role.

jakub_czyli_ja #7 Posted 12 June 2018 - 09:15 PM

First Lieutenant

• Conquest Member
  • 2346 battles
  • [XII-2] XII-2

I wish they'd make endgame content, because without that people have no reason to play for a little longer.

It's really much like Catch 22 and clay shooting.

deaxter_hero #8 Posted 12 June 2018 - 09:28 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 2927 battles
  • [-DFA-] -DFA-

1) Calibration and tuning the characteristics of the plane will bring about greater diversity. From what I saw on Russian WoWP channel (with YouTube translation) the unlocking of stages between relevant missions to get better improvements will require  silver + for still for me mysterious resources (named Airframe Elements, Mechanical Parts etc) which should be received by being successful in battles. De-mounting shall be for tokens it seems. Progress acceleration shall also be available for tokens I guess.

The side effect may be that up till now you were able to more or less know what the characteristics of enemy plane are vs your plane. Speed / turning / altitude performance. You adapted your tactics based on that. The question is: Now with the customisation taken to extreme you might perhaps see P-80 maxed for turn circle out turn Yak-15 maxed for speed? We shall see. That would mean less predictability and actually decrease of importance to learn planes stats... perhaps more confusion in the end...  

2) Pay2Winn fuel (called High-Octane Additive and Anti-Oxidizing Additive) and Pay2Winn bombs/rockets (called Heavy Warhead and Improved Explosives) improvement being available only for gold is step in very questionable direction imho. Both WoWS and WoT are going away from gold only Pay2Winn consumables/equipment. I do not understand why WoWP goes the Gold Noob direction...:facepalm:. Let players buy it for high silver/credits price and thus make them play T8 prems if you want but this is too obvious p2w move I am afraid.

Edited by deaxter_hero, 12 June 2018 - 09:30 PM.

No majority of OP Heavies flights in 1.9: ---- Alone: 86%    Squad: 14%  ---- Fighter (37%) Heavy Fighter (31%) Multi-role Fighter (20%) Attack Aircraft (13%)

jakub_czyli_ja #9 Posted 12 June 2018 - 09:54 PM

First Lieutenant

• Conquest Member
  • 2346 battles
  • [XII-2] XII-2

As for now - I wonder whether income will be decreased, directly or indirectly.

Lower prices of blue ammo (and possible lower plane survivability in case of glass option) will cause bigger turnover and more time spent on respawn, which means bigger costs and less time to earn.

Other thing is - what will be better - glass cannons with mix of pay2win options maximizing damage output - blue ammo, gunnery sight, barrels, or planes configured for survivability. And I'm afraid that cannons will prevail.

Which means skill becomes more important, situational awareness to avoid damage as well as shooting skills to inflict them from a far.

It will become really grindy 'pimp my plane' game for very few people. Much less than 1.9 was - there was a reason that WG make WoT tier I tank development really simple.

Killtech #10 Posted 12 June 2018 - 11:59 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 1887 battles
  • [FLOG] FLOG

View Postdeaxter_hero, on 12 June 2018 - 09:28 PM, said:

2) Pay2Winn fuel (called High-Octane Additive and Anti-Oxidizing Additive) and Pay2Winn bombs/rockets (called Heavy Warhead and Improved Explosives) improvement being available only for gold is step in very questionable direction imho. Both WoWS and WoT are going away from gold only Pay2Winn consumables/equipment. I do not understand why WoWP goes the Gold Noob direction...:facepalm:. Let players buy it for high silver/credits price and thus make them play T8 prems if you want but this is too obvious p2w move I am afraid.

I think WoWp is expected to proof that it can earn enough to cover it's continued development costs. considering how important gold ammo initially was for WoT as a core income source (which is why devs said they were so hesitant about changing it) it is not so strange WoWp is trying the same road. However now that WoT is extremely profitable the long term damage of P2W gold items outweighs any short term gains that's why they are getting rid of it. In WoWp i don't think we will lose a significant number of players in the short term because of the marginal P2W element introduced here and maybe some noob whales will pump enough money though this feature to make sure this game is still developed in 2019... still it is not a good change albeit an understandable one.

little_overdoze_one #11 Posted 13 June 2018 - 07:20 AM

Airman Basic

• 219 battles
If i am not mistaken, in the early days from warplanes, you could by everything for credits?

CheefCoach #12 Posted 13 June 2018 - 07:22 AM

• Conquest Member
  • 3043 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM
Yes it was until some patch when they reworked guns. But they added basic ammo for 0 credits in same patch, so it was great deal. 

Isoruku_Yamamoto #13 Posted 13 June 2018 - 08:05 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 2065 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

As an all round player, i think this upgrades rework is pure bullshit. 

- Unfavourable to GA

- Unfavourable to bombers

- Favourable to SOME fighters

- Questionable for heavies

- generally favourable but questionable for multis. 

WTF. 

Also, am i wrong or should i be spending all my credits on stocking up on a tonload of consumables now? 

3M= 2000x first aid

Lets say my average plane goes in the 2nd category. Effective worth: 12M

Selling worth: 6M

Btw i like the upgrade system as it currently is, the proposed rework is pure bullshit imo. 
Wasted time by some devs who have no idea wtf they should be doing. 

You want more accurate rockets? Sure, it will have less effect than it had & your reload is going up. 
Better figher performance? Sure, have manoevrability, speed AND engine power at the tiny cost of a bit max boost duration

Edited by Isoruku_Yamamoto, 13 June 2018 - 08:13 AM.

Isoruku_Yamamoto #14 Posted 13 June 2018 - 08:39 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 2065 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

@Eekeeboo you cant honestly be serious that they want to implement this stuff right? 

I was starting to enjoy this game, but this stuff just seems unbalanced as hell. 

I do agree that this stuff gives the possibility to finetune aircraft a bit, for instance i would spec my ME262 to be as slow as possible- right now its uncomfortably fast sometimes XD

Nishi_Kinuyo #15 Posted 13 June 2018 - 09:32 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 573 battles
  • [GUP] GUP

View Postdeaxter_hero, on 12 June 2018 - 10:28 PM, said:

View PostKilltech, on 13 June 2018 - 12:59 AM, said:

I think WoWp is expected to proof that it can earn enough to cover it's continued development costs. considering how important gold ammo initially was for WoT as a core income source (which is why devs said they were so hesitant about changing it) it is not so strange WoWp is trying the same road. However now that WoT is extremely profitable the long term damage of P2W gold items outweighs any short term gains that's why they are getting rid of it. In WoWp i don't think we will lose a significant number of players in the short term because of the marginal P2W element introduced here and maybe some noob whales will pump enough money though this feature to make sure this game is still developed in 2019... still it is not a good change albeit an understandable one.

Hm... both are rather valid arguements from a dev point of view, I suppose.

And yes, while it is pay-to-win, I think that making them available for credits as well might need more adjustments compared to WoT due to how the economy works.

Since I've found it far easier to grind credits in WoWP than in WoT; a tier 5 premium plane has a far higher credit earning than a tier 5 premium tank will ever have.

So the net result would be that the more established players can just fly around their premium silver consumabled without issue while newer players still have to consider the trade-off.

Guess that goes to a lesser extend in WoT as well, where the economy is designed for players to lose money per battle at tier 9-10 even if running premium. (sorry, dunno if this holds true for Warplanes due to lack of experience)

Add to that the fact that the gold cost of premium consumables in Warplanes is half that of WoT; 25 gold vs. 50 gold.

One of the reasons for WoT moving away from gold costs for consumables/ammo, however, is european laws prohibiting them from altering them in a possibly negative way since it falls under consumer protection laws.

A company has to provide the consumer what he has payed for. You can't change it afterwards so that the consumer has something less than what he has payed for.

Which is one of the reasons why Wargaming has been extremely reluctant about changing premium vehicles that are borderline overpowered; nerfing them could lead to a legitimate lawsuit.

As for the overall changes to equipment:

I think that it is at the very least an interesting choice, where hopefully there won't be a set of 3-4 different equips that will be used on 90% of the planes anymore.

World of Tanks is, in that regard, pretty boring since you won't be competitive unless you mount that specific set of equipment, with most of the remaining choices simply being considered useless/worthless.

So imo, a change to such cookie-cutter builds is at least a step in the right direction, although the end result might not be optimal.

Edited by Nishi_Kinuyo, 13 June 2018 - 10:07 AM.

CheefCoach #16 Posted 13 June 2018 - 10:10 AM

• Conquest Member
  • 3043 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM
As long you use free ammo, and don't have really, really bad game, you won't lose money in tier 10 in World of Warplanes. 

Spuggy #17 Posted 13 June 2018 - 10:14 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 1642 battles

Nishi_Kinuyo is pretty spot on here.

I think this is a very interesting concept for the game and flies (correctly) in the face of WoT's and WoWS's equipment system which is so generic it's pointless.

The WoWP equipment system proposed here allows for greater customization and emergent game play. 

Yes, it my have issues and some builds may become stupidly OP and require a rework but I see a lot of potential in this.

I see that they are calling slots particular names. This is just speculation but does that mean an aircraft will have:

A Cockpit Slot

An Air-frame Slot

An Engine Slot

A Gun slot (for planes with them - bombers excluded I guess)

A Turret Slot (for planes with them)

An Outboard (Ordinance) Weapon Slot

I'm guessing aircraft will have different combinations of these slots. Perhaps even the nation of the aircraft would dictate the slots available.

Also, I'm guessing the grind to improve these pieces of equipment isn't going to be linear or easy.

My greatest issue with these blogs and always has been the gold ammo & consumables not being available for Silver. I would happily pay a helluvalot of silver for gold consumables if given the option and be happy if WoWP's forced me to play tier 5 - 6 planes to pay for it.

Got to say, I'm looking forward to making my planes do fun things and trying to get the absolute max performance out of some of them regarding my playstyle in them. Love to vertical fight in BF109's.

So my ultimate BF 109 vertical fighter build would probably be:

Cockpit Slot : Gunsight (+ Accuracy - Pilot injury increase)

Air-frame Slot : Polished Skin (+ Speed - Maneuverability)

Engine Slot : Boost Mixture ( + Boost Acceleration +Max Boost Speed - Boost Length)

Gun Slot : Long Barrels (+ Gun Range - Burst Length)

Will be interesting to see how skills stack up but I guess it would be

Engine guru 1 & 2 (More speed and thrust)

Aerodynamics (As it will probably boost the equipment choices further)

Dive attack skill (can't remember it's name but increases crit damage done when diving)

[Edit - I have no idea why the forum is messing up my post but I blame Goat_Messiah]

Edited by Spuggy, 13 June 2018 - 10:16 AM.

Eviscerador #18 Posted 13 June 2018 - 10:14 AM

DAKKA!!! DAKKA!!! DAKKA!!!

• Beta Tester
  • 2534 battles
  • [BU-LL] BU-LL

So upgraded modules? Nice, it seems WoWp developers have been playing Star Conflict lately (in fact they have used the same colour codes for improvements)

For all here interested, that means grinding will triple, because to be competitive you need not only an elited plane with a good pilot, but also you need to grind for money and materials to upgrade all equipment to the top configuration.

Oh, and the calibration and random bonuses and percentages is just straight copied from Elite Dangerous Engineering system, which by the way, was reworked and now it gives a flat bonus with no random "rolls" because it was a black hole in grinding and people just got outraged about it.

In star conflict the modules can be swapped between different ships, but here you need gold for that.

About gold noob policies I won't even comment. They are going to remove gold consumables from other WG titles and they are introducing here MORE of them? Nonsense.

We better get a proper optimization patch along all these new changes to consumables and equipment because as they are explained here, the consumables and equipment rework is a total failure.

Edited by Eviscerador, 13 June 2018 - 10:27 AM.

zen_monk_ #19 Posted 13 June 2018 - 10:39 AM

• Alpha Tester
  • 3970 battles
  • [__] __

View PostEviscerador, on 13 June 2018 - 10:14 AM, said:

Oh, and the calibration and random bonuses and percentages is just straight copied from Elite Dangerous Engineering system, which by the way, was reworked and now it gives a flat bonus with no random "rolls" because it was a black hole in grinding and people just got outraged about it.

Confirmed. I came from ED too.

"Random rolls" were major time sink, artificial pain-in-the-but. Drove players crazy so it was finally replaced with fixed results.

I will not go down that path here. Do I need to lose my sanity in the black grind hole so I can kill that one human in the opposing team? Nope. I will play this old school against bots and if someone wants to waste months of his life to pimp a plane to kill me, so be it.

Edited by zen_monk_, 13 June 2018 - 11:24 AM.

stats were invented by Satan himself to suck the carefree fun out of gaming

Grumpy_Guts #20 Posted 13 June 2018 - 11:46 AM

• Conquest Member
  • 5278 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM
Not me, I am no Scarlet Pimpanuckulthingamebobwhatnot.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users