• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

zen_monk_ #81 Posted 04 July 2018 - 10:07 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Alpha Tester
  • 4187 battles
  • [__] __

View PostHomer_J, on 04 July 2018 - 09:55 PM, said:

I enjoyed beta but on release they screwed the balance so if you weren't flying a heavy boom and zooming from maximum altitude then you may as well not bother.  They tried to fix that but by then player numbers had dropped so much that if you weren't in a coordinated flight then you were not going to have any fun, and I'm not convinced those seal clubbing flights were having much either.

This.

Made me quit too.

stats were invented by Satan himself to suck the carefree fun out of gaming

jnishar #82 Posted 06 July 2018 - 11:58 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 2042 battles
  • [D_O_D] D_O_D

View Postklbergmen, on 25 June 2018 - 08:23 AM, said:

I tested WOWP after launch and came back after 2.0. So I don't know 1.9.

In 1.9 the behaviour of planes was different, it was more realistic, right ? Then the problem might be that is was different code, that you cannot run 1.9 and 2.0 on he same server. So it might be more effort to have 1.9 and 2.0 running in parallel than to switch to attrition mode and back.

Also you would have to change two code bases for further updates like now after 2.0.5.

I guess they are not willing to do that.

More realistic planes in 1.9? No, not in my opinion, I feel in 2.0 the different models really stand out. In my opinion there aren't really any overpowered planes whereas in 1.9 some types, usually, ended up ruling the battlefield.. 

you can't go from a zero into a Mustang believing it acts the same, even though some, on Facebook, still claim every plane acts the same.. odd where that idea came from..

Take it to the limit.
One more time.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users