Load up on Supplies

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

Community #1 Posted 15 June 2018 - 09:35 AM

Aviation HQ

• Advanced Member
  • 0 battles
Pick up your Special or Upgrade Supplies today to receive one of a number of resources to aid you in the constant battle for aerial dominance.

Full news text

omglaserspewpew #2 Posted 15 June 2018 - 09:44 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 2097 battles

So, basically, you've stripped players of equipment so that you can now better monetize it. Brilliant.

Whoever is behind this Community account, I hope you can sleep tight at night, because I sure as hell wouldn't be able to if I was part of something so hideously despicable as what you lot are doing right now.

Sturmi_0545 #3 Posted 15 June 2018 - 09:50 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Alpha Tester
  • 653 battles
  • [SNOB] SNOB

if you hate the game so much, WG, just hand us over the rights to it. we, the last defenders of 1.9, physics and mostly reason, would love to take good care. We'd all give you €20 for it and manage it ourselves, making it either peer-to-peer or hosting our own server. Just ... stop treating the game like that. Those lovely planes don't deserve your punishment, and neither do we.

you know what you are

Horcan #4 Posted 15 June 2018 - 11:56 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 5543 battles
  • [ODV] ODV
It appears you put more work on that page about how to milk a cow on its dying moments than you did while it was still alive. Really now, i scrooled lot more on that packages page than i did on patch notes.
Retired from this censored BS forum

Isoruku_Yamamoto #5 Posted 15 June 2018 - 12:20 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 2260 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

As said above, it looks like youve put more thought into earning money than into making a ducking playable game. 

My god, i was having a nice time.... 

I am actually considering to file a complaint with the dutch consumer authorities on this stuff, because you have SEVERELY restricted the performance of a number of my premiums (and there is not even a chance i could rectify that)

Grumpy_Guts #6 Posted 15 June 2018 - 12:22 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 8367 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM
Cannot even get the ones I equip aircraft with to stay on will definitely not be paying for them as well. 

Humboldt_ #7 Posted 15 June 2018 - 01:39 PM

Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 3389 battles
After the farce that is 2.oh , Iv'e started playing tanks again after a long break , this game is turning into a money grabbing joke.

Sabbatex_KLR #8 Posted 15 June 2018 - 01:49 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 6317 battles

View PostHumboldt_, on 15 June 2018 - 01:39 PM, said:

After the farce that is 2.oh , Iv'e started playing tanks again after a long break , this game is turning into a money grabbing joke.

I'm going back to tanks, been s**t on enough. Gonna get my CGC out and s**t on everyone else!

RedFalconPL #9 Posted 15 June 2018 - 03:58 PM

Senior Airman

• 158 battles
I bought one special and where to open it? Game didn't shown up the purchase.

m249jim #10 Posted 15 June 2018 - 04:42 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 4694 battles

Not sure who/why you buy what you can earn in the game, so, bit of a fail here from WoWP on what is getting to be a better game than it was before, although in the 'money grabbing' terms, it's not too much different than the Soccer thing going on over on WoT.

For everyone complaining about the changes and heading over to WoT, have a feeling that what were seeing here is a bit of a test, it's similar to bonds, but easier to earn, It encourages you to keep aircraft to upgrade them again, and therefore encourages you to buy more slots, meaning more gold spent (or tokens if you have them), can see this being implemented over in WoT if it works in WoWP.

gazzer21 #11 Posted 15 June 2018 - 07:55 PM

Senior Airman

• Beta Tester
  • 3327 battles
  • [-NMZ-] -NMZ-

you just couldn't make it up, REALLY

WG tanks is your cash cow, it has the player base.

Its still going through all the cash grabs that its had, people leave more replace them,

Hell even on this thread people want to go back than to stay here .

This game cant stand this, who ever thought it could needs to go back and check their figures

this game wont recover from a major loss of players and the Bots don't pay WG any money,

Humboldt_ #12 Posted 16 June 2018 - 04:51 AM

Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 3389 battles
I bought one supply box to see what you would get for £1.70 got a useless piece of junk, iv'e also left my wowp clan to join a wot clan as none of my clan have played since 1.9 , was like a ghost town on clan chat when the bugs didn't break it, will have a fly now & again but i'm off to tanks not so much p2w was nice flying with you all.

BansheeBE #13 Posted 16 June 2018 - 07:13 AM

Senior Airman

• 1002 battles

By the way, does anybody know why the crates are “not available in your country”?

EDIT

it seems several european countries label these crates as gamng. Meanig that you cannot get them

Edited by BansheeBE, 16 June 2018 - 08:08 AM.

m249jim #14 Posted 16 June 2018 - 08:18 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 4694 battles

View PostBansheeBE, on 16 June 2018 - 07:13 AM, said:

By the way, does anybody know why the crates are “not available in your country”?

EDIT

it seems several european countries label these crates as gamng. Meanig that you cannot get them

Gambling or gaming?  given you don't know what's in them, it is pretty much gambling, if you were guaranteed a minimum quantity of gold per crate (like at Xmas with minimum gold to the value of the box/crate) would be worth getting, but being an unknown, it's not.

For what is in them, it's far to vague (for the Special Supplies), for the Upgrade Supplies, you can get all these by playing the game, so no point to buying them.

jakub_czyli_ja #15 Posted 16 June 2018 - 08:36 AM

First Lieutenant

• Conquest Member
  • 5236 battles
  • [XII-2] XII-2

If you really need the pressure to spend money, try Opera and their VPN (left side of address bar). Pick some virtual location and it may work.

BansheeBE #16 Posted 16 June 2018 - 10:19 AM

Senior Airman

• 1002 battles
Vpn doesnt work. I used nord vpn and i could not buy them

Dhilys #17 Posted 16 June 2018 - 12:14 PM

Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 5609 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

View Postm249jim, on 16 June 2018 - 09:18 AM, said:

Gambling or gaming?  given you don't know what's in them, it is pretty much gambling, if you were guaranteed a minimum quantity of gold per crate (like at Xmas with minimum gold to the value of the box/crate) would be worth getting, but being an unknown, it's not.

For what is in them, it's far to vague (for the Special Supplies), for the Upgrade Supplies, you can get all these by playing the game, so no point to buying them.

Yup it seems that in countries where loot crates are ruled as gambling the crates are unavailable ( and rightly so i might add.) its a disgrace to monetize games in that way imo

BansheeBE #18 Posted 16 June 2018 - 03:48 PM

Senior Airman

• 1002 battles

I created a ticket to complain about this....you have no idea how ignorant people working there are....

even though there is an entire article about getting the crates, a link...etc they have the BALLS to tell me “some offers are only available on certain servers. So it might not be possible to buy them on EU”. Get your sh#t together WG.

Edited by BansheeBE, 16 June 2018 - 03:52 PM.

anonym_JSqwZct68BEw #19 Posted 16 June 2018 - 06:01 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 0 battles

I'm from Belgium can't buy them either. I know in my country it is seen as gambling (so far that I know in the the Netherlands it isn't). And I have to say I think they are right. There are countries in the EU that are pushing to make it a EU-rule.

But I thought it wasn't a rule yet. Not every EU-country sees it as gambling like the Dutch.

Maybe sell mini crates that tell you exactly what is in it. Or let people make their own crate.

Edited by Milckenbom, 16 June 2018 - 06:10 PM.

m249jim #20 Posted 16 June 2018 - 09:12 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 4694 battles

Ok, so I was board, and had a little bit of money sitting in my Paypal account, so I thought WTF and bought 3 crates, and what were the prizes!

10 x Heat resistant parts

50 x Flight Instruments

And the winner - a Premium aircraft, a Fieseler Fi 98 (inc unique emblem)

So, total spent  £4.61 vs £3.54 for just buying the aircraft out of the premium shop (but I did get a unique emblem!!!).

The question now is, what are these 'materials' going to be worth in time saving/value? that seems to be a bit of an unanswered question at the moment, as I haven't been able to find much about them (can anyone give a link to info about their future use?) other than this, which isn't too much help https://worldofwarpl.../materials_new/

For value for money, would say no, each loot crate (as their get called auto opened) really should have a minimum of it's price in whatever currently in gold, be this as an aircraft, XP in equivalent value to gold, premium time, or actual gold.  Given the unknown value of the 'materials' these really can't currently be counted as having any attached/gold value with the current info about them being so vague. 

Bit of a disappointment given the stuff you got from the loot crates at Xmas were good value for money.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users