Taking A Break.

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

eekeeboo #21 Posted 02 July 2018 - 09:51 AM

Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 3951 battles

View PostSeaWolf7, on 30 June 2018 - 09:58 AM, said:

I feel you have forgotten I've been a customer and a player since the beta. I've also played the game through various changes. 

I have also written, passed on information where developers have stated they are working on optimisation. There have been bug fixes and changes to the ram and memory usage within the game also. Changes to the way the game handles resources also. These changes have been readily available in patch notes I would be more than happy to pass on to you. 

drakkanax #22 Posted 04 July 2018 - 10:51 PM

Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 1047 battles
I've been off for 2 months(since that retarded marathon)... still the same. This game is not worth the hassle. Thanks for the updates you saved me some time and frustration.

eekeeboo #23 Posted 05 July 2018 - 07:56 AM

Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 3951 battles

View Postdrakkanax, on 04 July 2018 - 10:51 PM, said:

I've been off for 2 months(since that retarded marathon)... still the same. This game is not worth the hassle. Thanks for the updates you saved me some time and frustration.

You're welcome :P 

drakkanax #24 Posted 05 July 2018 - 11:16 PM

Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 1047 battles

View Posteekeeboo, on 05 July 2018 - 07:56 AM, said:

You're welcome :P 

You might think yourself funny, but first off you're not and second off you're a "staff" member that makes a problem worse. I.e. you're being part of the problem. If anyone of my employees does that, they get help in how to be part of the solution instead of being part of the problem. Sometimes firing them is part of the solution. If your managers don't work on that then they are part of the problem too.

eekeeboo #25 Posted 06 July 2018 - 10:01 AM

Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 3951 battles

View Postdrakkanax, on 05 July 2018 - 11:16 PM, said:

You might think yourself funny, but first off you're not and second off you're a "staff" member that makes a problem worse. I.e. you're being part of the problem. If anyone of my employees does that, they get help in how to be part of the solution instead of being part of the problem. Sometimes firing them is part of the solution. If your managers don't work on that then they are part of the problem too.

View Postdrakkanax, on 04 July 2018 - 10:51 PM, said:

It is customary to respond you're welcome to thank-you. If i was trying to be funny, I would have started with - Why did drakkanax cross the road? To install the game - badum dum tsch. 

If you find a problem with general manners and etiquette, I would more than happily educate them on current social niceties and how to react to verbal cues. 

Franco_Scala #26 Posted 06 July 2018 - 10:06 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 2343 battles
  • [12-R] 12-R

View Posteekeeboo, on 06 July 2018 - 10:01 AM, said:

It is customary to respond you're welcome to thank-you. If i was trying to be funny, I would have started with - Why did drakkanax cross the road? To install the game - badum dum tsch. 

If you find a problem with general manners and etiquette, I would more than happily educate them on current social niceties and how to react to verbal cues. 

:facepalm:

drakkanax #27 Posted 06 July 2018 - 06:34 PM

Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 1047 battles

View Posteekeeboo, on 06 July 2018 - 10:01 AM, said:

It is customary to respond you're welcome to thank-you.

I see. And why would you assume I thanked YOU in a thread you didn't start and generally opposed? How exactly were YOU relevant?

jnishar #28 Posted 06 July 2018 - 07:33 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 2028 battles
  • [D_O_D] D_O_D
Now I'm beginning to understand why sometimes, wg staff members didn't comment on stuff in here.. what a load of crap and negative people, they sometimes have to listen to.. now we finally have a commited staff member and look at how some treat him... Light the funk up! He didn't make this game!
Take it to the limit.
One more time.

xmkh #29 Posted 06 July 2018 - 09:29 PM

Senior Airman

• 2689 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

View Postjnishar, on 06 July 2018 - 07:33 PM, said:

Now I'm beginning to understand why sometimes, wg staff members didn't comment on stuff in here.. what a load of crap and negative people, they sometimes have to listen to.. now we finally have a commited staff member and look at how some treat him... Light the funk up! He didn't make this game!

WG staff members didn't comment on stuff here, because they couldn't be arsed to build up a proper community management structure for one of their major markets. I've never been to other regions, but I hear NA gets treated better, even if they suffer the same game issues. Now imagine this market is being ignored and treated worse for years, then they basically delete their game and put up a different one with the same name, but it runs worse. Then more changes happen, but not for the better. Do you really expect people who come here to be cheerful after all that?

"Have to listen to?" There's an easy fix for that.. delete these forums, at least that would've be consequential if they want to put their fingers in their ears and not want to deal with their customers. Thankfully (and I mean that only half ironic) they finally chose to shell out some dough and recruit from our midst in an attempt to appease the masses. Commited he may have been before, but now it's a job. Therefore as much as he likes to state in his posts that he speaks for the company and for the players, it's not an impartial position. While he didn't make the game and therefore isn't responsible for the mess, he chose to be part of it, knowing the state of it fully as he has more experience than any other WG employee who was bullied to have to moderate the threads (once every 6 months, with rotation).

The point is.. this is part of said job. You don't have to defend a community manager from the community. Hopefully for him WG will start doing their jobs better and people will have less and less to complain about, although years of precedence don't colour me optimistic. As for some specific treatments.. you reap what you sow. He proudly proclaims his personality and hasn't made only friends with that attitude. So, maybe if he treats the players like a proper representative should he wouldn't take as much flak from part of the players. He has gotten tips from players in other threads and in this one, too. Wouldn't hurt to listen and evaluate instead of always going for having the last word.

zen_monk_ #30 Posted 06 July 2018 - 10:08 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Alpha Tester
  • 3657 battles
  • [__] __

View Postxmkh, on 06 July 2018 - 09:29 PM, said:

Thankfully (and I mean that only half ironic) they finally chose to shell out some dough and recruit from our midst in an attempt to appease the masses. Commited he may have been before, but now it's a job. Therefore as much as he likes to state in his posts that he speaks for the company and for the players, it's not an impartial position.

Now c'mon, be fair. Of course he will defend the basic company approach - he works for them.

But in all aspects, he's a gift to us all here. One of us, who understands what we complain about and reports it above. That's all he can do but at least we have some of our own to do it. To formulate it right, to explain right. Will they listen, will they do something - that's totally different. The guy is trying, cut him some slack.

IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER:

I don't know eekeeboo. I haven't been in any old gang with him, can't greet him like others who flew (and TSd) with him. Can't remember we even ever met in a battle.

Edited by zen_monk_, 06 July 2018 - 10:11 PM.

xmkh #31 Posted 06 July 2018 - 11:11 PM

Senior Airman

• 2689 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

View Postzen_monk_, on 06 July 2018 - 10:08 PM, said:

Now c'mon, be fair. Of course he will defend the basic company approach - he works for them.

I am fair. What you're saying is the exact point I was making. He sort of 'has' to, thus the impartiality. For me personally, that also means he can't enjoy the same trust I would normally put in a player with his experience. Again, for me personally. You don't have to like it, but he will have to put up with it. That's in the fine print of accepting such a position.

Block Quote

But in all aspects, he's a gift to us all here. One of us, who understands what we complain about and reports it above. That's all he can do but at least we have some of our own to do it. To formulate it right, to explain right. Will they listen, will they do something - that's totally different. The guy is trying, cut him some slack.

Agreed, he has the position and the game experience to do the job. Although as others have said as well, other parts to that job need some work. That's my main grievance. 

I don't have to cut him slack for trying, that's what the salary is for. We can only acknowledge (as you did), that all he can do is forward information, nothing else. WG must do the rest and we will see if they are. And to that I repeat from my post before: I'm skeptic.

zen_monk_ #32 Posted 07 July 2018 - 09:35 AM

• Alpha Tester
  • 3657 battles
  • [__] __

It doesn't feel right to attack the guy only for working for WG, that's all.

"Not that high position, he can't do much?" Of course he can't. He was not appointed Vice Chairman of the development team, he can't walk into Persha all Rambo (I would like that possition :-). All he can do is make some order here on the forum, collect our complaints, analyze, formulate and send upstairs. Which he does great, and is informing us on each step. For crying out loud, that was not done ever! This is gigantic step in the right direction. And always quick with advises and solutions for our technical/data/game questions. I employ people in RL, can see when one is full on at his job. He is.

Again, I don't know him. Only see the difference here since he came as CM, and it's good. Very good.

zgubny #33 Posted 07 July 2018 - 10:02 AM

• Advanced Member
  • 4394 battles
  • [D-302] D-302

View Postzen_monk_, on 07 July 2018 - 10:35 AM, said:

That's right ...... but the main issues on this game are the sames and we gave them feedback when there were much more Wg staff : they just fired everybody .....

Now like xmkh said we are skeptic !

it's nothing personnal against eekeeboo : it's about how Wargaming flee responsabilities putting One guy to do the job !

the time we can have an answer for something as for the chat reparation : yeah obviously waiting for months is UNTOLERABLE UNACCEPTABLE INADMISSIBLE ...

If you don't agree on that point just tell me how much money you are up to give for something half F***** ?????

That's the problem , they make fun of their own customers ....

So yes WE are skeptic the problem is not eekeeboo the problem is WARGAMING ! if they don't want to hear this , no problem , we take a break .. but hey :

zen_monk_ #34 Posted 07 July 2018 - 10:09 AM

• Alpha Tester
  • 3657 battles
  • [__] __
Agreed 100%, and you've illustrated my target position in WG.

xmkh #35 Posted 07 July 2018 - 02:41 PM

Senior Airman

• 2689 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

View Postzen_monk_, on 07 July 2018 - 09:35 AM, said:

Hopefully this is just a misunderstanding on your part, else you must be deliberately misreading into my lines. I didn't attack him for working for WG, I merely stated how I personally feel how that would explain some of his responses and that nothing else can be expected from a regular employee. What I said was that my main grievance is the way he sometimes writes to the community. 

Block Quote

"Not that high position, he can't do much?" Of course he can't. He was not appointed Vice Chairman of the development team, he can't walk into Persha all Rambo (I would like that possition :-). All he can do is make some order here on the forum, collect our complaints, analyze, formulate and send upstairs.

Again we're saying the same things here. I didn't ask for anyone to be appointed "Vice Chairman of the development team", don't put words up that I didn't use. Although while on the topic of development lead, let me say in my opinion maybe it should be someone different (without having a clue who it is right now). Stop getting offended on somebody else's behalf.

Block Quote

For crying out loud, that was not done ever! This is gigantic step in the right direction.

Exactly right, it wasn't done ever, which was the entire point of my first post in this thread. To explain why people are justifiably negative sometimes and that WG and its employees will have to wear their big boy pants and learn to deal with it, preferably in a professional manner, without ego.

A step it may be, but at the risk of repeating myself, that doesn't make me forget what's going on. Trust is on a scale that goes below zero. Gonna have to suck it up and work hard to go positive with me. So far it's a mixed bag. I like the presence, but I don't like what I'm hearing. And the direction I'm seeing is not very bright from my point of view.

zen_monk_ #36 Posted 07 July 2018 - 03:06 PM

• Alpha Tester
  • 3657 battles
  • [__] __

View Postxmkh, on 07 July 2018 - 02:41 PM, said:

Hopefully this is just a misunderstanding on your part, else you must be deliberately misreading into my lines.

I was not quoting you. Hence, in a general direction.

View Postxmkh, on 07 July 2018 - 02:41 PM, said:

Stop getting offended on somebody else's behalf.

Not offended but defending a guy who finally after so many years brought a system to our complaints. And the only fault you can slap on him is that red WGStaff under the picture.

xmkh #37 Posted 07 July 2018 - 03:45 PM

Senior Airman

• 2689 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

View Postzen_monk_, on 07 July 2018 - 03:06 PM, said:

I was not quoting you. Hence, in a general direction.

Don't imply notions that aren't there. Or DO back them up with a quote.

Block Quote

Not offended but defending a guy who finally after so many years brought a system to our complaints. And the only fault you can slap on him is that red WGStaff under the picture.

I'm almost sure he was approached (he may gladly correct me if I'm wrong). Furthermore, for the third time now, it's not about him working for WG but about his conduct in certain exchanges. Please Re-read my posts if you still have trouble understanding that. The rest is about WG and an explanation why people justifiably behave like they do. There are only 2-4 people here that are so over the top that you can maybe ignore them. Though in my opinion, as a company, they (through their representatives) need to hear it all.

Edited by xmkh, 07 July 2018 - 03:47 PM.

drakkanax #38 Posted 07 July 2018 - 06:54 PM

Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 1047 battles

@jnishar #28

First off a employee is a employee. "Having to listen" is not something I've imposed on him it's either in his job description or it isn't. In case it isn't HE DOES NOT HAVE TO LISTEN.

Second off would you please explain to me where and when is it acceptable a employee to use this emote :P in ANY response to a customer? If you cannot explain that then it's quite obvious that employee is DEFINITELY part of A problem, which is precisely what I stated in my response to him.

Edited by drakkanax, 07 July 2018 - 07:01 PM.

jnishar #39 Posted 08 July 2018 - 05:47 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 2028 battles
  • [D_O_D] D_O_D

View Postdrakkanax, on 07 July 2018 - 06:54 PM, said:

@jnishar #28

First off a employee is a employee. "Having to listen" is not something I've imposed on him it's either in his job description or it isn't. In case it isn't HE DOES NOT HAVE TO LISTEN.

Second off would you please explain to me where and when is it acceptable a employee to use this emote :P in ANY response to a customer? If you cannot explain that then it's quite obvious that employee is DEFINITELY part of A problem, which is precisely what I stated in my response to him.

Just because someone is a employee, doesn't give you the right to talk thrash to someone.. 
Take it to the limit.
One more time.

eekeeboo #40 Posted 09 July 2018 - 08:34 AM

Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 3951 battles

View Postdrakkanax, on 06 July 2018 - 06:34 PM, said:

Note how you quoted someone ;) Self answering! :medal:

View Postxmkh, on 06 July 2018 - 09:29 PM, said:

This is true, and I'm happy to hear feedback, as long as it's constructive. As I mentioned elsewhere, it's a job, my job is not a verbal punching bag though. 

I'm not here to make only friends, my personality isn't for everyone. Not everyone is universally liked, but a person should not expect to say what they wish with no consequence. I represent the company, but I would hope you also took the time to research what community managers are and are not responsible for? I am not a person nor is anyone, regardless of their "job" whom has to take abuse of any kind or rude behavior just because a person feels entitled to do so. A person, should not expect to be treated with respect while being disrespectful themselves. 

I will listen to people, I will do feedback. If someone asks me a questions, I give them the answer, they call me a liar and ask for proof. I explain why that's not possible and then I'm insulted and goaded into an answer and further called a liar.... The standard response would be to ignore the situation in entirety. I chose to continue because this forum needs a cultural shift and a change in overall behavior. The rules are there for all to follow, the days of endless threads of abuse and spam posts are gone. As I'm sure some will notice a drastic reduction in certain trouble causes.

I am not going to molly coddle any individual on these forums because they feel entitled to be rude or abusive. It has no place here on the forums, especially if I have to repeat the rules. 

View Postjnishar, on 08 July 2018 - 05:47 PM, said:

Pretty much this. I understand the grievance some will have. But it's not tolerated. 

View Postdrakkanax, on 07 July 2018 - 06:54 PM, said:

The where and when? That would be on a gaming forum whereby gamers come to communicate, share ideas and usually have fun. I suppose by your standards memes, gifs and jokes should likewise be out of order? :P:P:P:P:P 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users