chat bug is back again

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Tha_Truth #1 Posted 08 July 2018 - 12:22 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 5435 battles

chat bug when typing in team chat. after typing in team chat, after some time all chat is broken.

Then the enemies don't die until they respawn.

score is broken, map is broken.  it doesnt display the actual status.

also it sais victory and shows up in hangar as defeats.

they fixed it last week, then come with a new patch to make it crapagain. come on....

edit: The crash to desktop when opening or clicking away chat screens in the loading screen is still fixed.

Edited by Tha_Truth, 08 July 2018 - 07:36 PM.

Fix in game flight-wing chat !!!!! 

johncarps #2 Posted 08 July 2018 - 06:48 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Conquest Member
  • 665 battles

Merci à tous les joueurs croisés et au plaisir ;-)

eekeeboo #3 Posted 09 July 2018 - 08:13 AM

Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 3718 battles
Can you confirm it came back, or was the same throughout. The patch only addressed some causes of chat issues, not all. 

Tha_Truth #4 Posted 10 July 2018 - 04:21 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 5435 battles

Will come back on that. i would need to test it out actively like i did with some guys last weekend.

Games using team chat often, and games without using it at all.

i only encounter those bugs when in team-flight/wing with another player. And so far only when actively chatting in yellow team chat; After a while all chat stops working then. would need more extensive testing to find the real source. something devs could do easy i presume.

anyway: will keep it in mind for a longer test this weekend. lets see if we can produce those errors by going in flight with other players, and using flight/wing chat allot. Because i am not sure what is the start of the errors yet. 

all those bugs mentioned in first post, appear together. Not sometimes one then another.

When one appears, the other mentioned errors appear too.

Not like the "crash to desktop" or "Not going in battle, but the airplane does".  those errors are seperate.

Edited by Tha_Truth, 10 July 2018 - 04:25 AM.

Tha_Truth #5 Posted 10 July 2018 - 04:24 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 5435 battles

in short:

- invite a friend to play together in flight:

- play games in "flight" (thats with 1 friend in platoon) and Absolutely do not use flight chat in hangar. And do absolutely not use flight chat during battle (yellow color).

then do the opposite after some games: Use yellow flight-chat often and always. see if errors appear after some time..

dUG1 #6 Posted 10 July 2018 - 06:57 AM

Master Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 3026 battles
  • [W___P] W___P

Can also confirm the chat bug/crashing is back.

As long as you dont use it, you can play in a flight without problems.

As soon as you use it (as Tha_Truth mentioned, yellow chat), bam, crashing like crazy.

Fix anytime soon please?

britinmadrid #7 Posted 10 July 2018 - 05:26 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 3940 battles
  • [FIFO] FIFO

View Posteekeeboo, on 09 July 2018 - 09:13 AM, said:

Can you confirm it came back, or was the same throughout. The patch only addressed some causes of chat issues, not all. 

Eekeeboo, might you be able to indicate when the next patch/round of fixes would arrive? Just roughly speaking.

This particular problem does chip away at the social aspect of the game which I would argue is possibly more important for the 'fun' side of things than other fixes.

Chat problems seem to have been in the game for as long as I have been playing.

eekeeboo #8 Posted 11 July 2018 - 07:49 AM

Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 3718 battles

View Postbritinmadrid, on 10 July 2018 - 05:26 PM, said:

I cannot give that information unfortunately. Only that they will on the way. I cannot say what will be in them either. 

The chat bug issue is something I have tried to increase awareness of and I have spent hours actively looking for the bug and trying to replicate it to help developers find a fix. 

The particular issue with this bug is that it's multiple bugs affecting the same thing. While also the chat system is worked on by a different development team than the developers who work on the game. So hopefully a convergence of fixes will come together and we can all make chat great again! . 

View PostdUG1, on 10 July 2018 - 06:57 AM, said:

View PostTha_Truth, on 10 July 2018 - 04:24 AM, said:

I know this isn't an ideal solution but I have found that as long as you do not use the flight chat box when loading a game or entering into the matchmaking queue you should reduce the impact it will have on your crash rate. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users