Failed Match Making - A Wargaming Saga

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic

Clean #1 Posted 08 July 2018 - 07:39 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 4407 battles
  • [FIFO] FIFO

Here is a rough copied and pasted discussion with Wargaming in their trouble ticket system. I have highlighted in blue their answers.

In game it is currently possible to create a flight with any tier for an extreme example T10 with T1. 
Will this be fixed or is it game design to let anyone play what they want in a flight? 
The MM is currently +1.

CLOSED
Hello Clean,
Thank you for contacting Wargaming customer support.
I will kindly ask you to provide us with a replay from the battle as it should not be possible to play in normal battle Tier 1 with Tier 10. Therefore, if you send us the replay we will investigate further on this issue. 
It is of course possible that there is a diference in Tiers as the matchmaking system in our game is designed in such a way that players do not have to wait a long time for their battle to start, however it definitely should not be so extreme.
More about this principle of MM can be found in this article: http://blog.worldofw...asses-and-bots/
If there is such a battle where T1 plays with T10 please do provide us with the replay and we will investigate this issue. 
I wish you a lovely day.
Kind Regards,

ID 4679253: Matchmaking 
This is the number of my previous ticket, why was it closed without waiting for my answer? 
If you read the ticket I told you that MM is broken and that you can create fail flights such as T10 with T1. You stated that this should not be possible and required a replay as proof. 
Well here is replay of a T2 plane with a T10 plane. Why did I have to do this could you not check on your workstations? 
Please confirm that this is not acceptable and that you will fix it.

Greetings Clean,
Thank you for contacting the Wargaming.net customer support.
I'm sorry about the confusion in the previous ticket.
Tiers 1 or 2 and 10 will not be matched up together normally, but when it comes to wings, you will be matched as a plane of tier of the highest tiered plane in the wing, as such it is not recommended to wing up with plane with a big tier difference with yours.
If you have any other questions or issues, don't hesitate to contact us again.
Have a great day ! and of course, good luck on the battlefield !
Kind regards. 

My point is that it is possible to do this and people do. 
You did not directly answer my previous questions either. 
Why is this possible? 
Do you intend to code this out? 
Do you agree that MM of +2 is not desirable and that +3 is unacceptable? 
I would appreciate if you answer the questions I have made directly.

Hello Clean,
Thank you for contacting the Wargaming customer support department again.
I am sorry for any inconvenience. 
When a matchmaker begins to fill rooms, it first selects the appropriate machines from the queue and distributes them between rooms in pairs. If there is only one flight in the queue, the draw system balances a pair of individual planes from the same level and class in the second team. The full room consists of 30 members, in which 22 seats are intended for players, and 8 slot machines are taken by bots. If there are not enough players in the queue, they can still balance them and send players to the battle without waiting for the appearance of all 22 players. The longer the room can not be fully filled, the less stringent the rules for balancing become. The minimum number of players needed to start a battle is two, one human pilot on the team 
On our forum, community representatives gather ideas and suggestions, then they pass them on to our programmers. Only this way, you can make changes that you have to offer this game. So do not forget to mention to the developers what your idea for innovation is.
Have a joyful weekend and much success!
If you need any further assistance, don't hesitate to contact us back.
Kind regards

You do not understand. You are not answering my question. 
Please answer with a native English speaker. Please look at my previous entry and answer fully and correctly.

CLOSED
Hello Clean,
Thank you for your prompt reply and for your report of the MM.
We'll take a look of your report and we want to thank you to taking your time to evolve the environment of World of Warplanes.
We still recommend you to share your ideas about this system on the forum to improve it.
Please note that we have a dedicated team that reviews to be analyzed, sorted and finally sent to the development team. I give you the corresponding link:
Ideas/Suggestions
My colleagues have already explained everything about this system, we close this ticket.
If you have more question, please feel free to contact us again.
Have a good day and good luck on the battlefield.
Kind regards,

Clean #2 Posted 08 July 2018 - 07:39 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 4407 battles
  • [FIFO] FIFO
As you can see from the previous blurb I posted a Trouble Ticket to WG to get an official response regarding failed MM. That is a flight where you can pick any plane you want as a team of two and fly together irrespective of tier. In other WG multiplay titles 'Tanks and 'Ships this problem has been identified and stopped.
If you wish to raise an issue about gameplay of World Of Planes through the trouble ticket(TT)  system it will first point you to this forum. If you follow the discussion I had with the TT that I raised you can see that there is a disconnect between what they say and what is happening on the forum in this particular example. 
The issue of failed MM has been raised with eekeeboo who is the official representative of WG. A lively discussion has taken place, the main thrust of it in this thread http://forum.worldof...mmetrical-maps/
In this discussion eekeeboo has chosen to pass an opinion and advocate the practice of failed flights. Apart from the point that I disagree with him and so do others (see britinmadrids well penned entry) this is a clear example of the CM not fulfilling his remit. What he should have done is taken on board our comments and passed them for review to WG.
The CM should be a conduit between us the customer and WG the developer.
Despite this I cannot say I am happy with WG TT system. If you read the entries made above it is clear that my questions are not being answered directly or are sidestepped. A vague resolution is made with no clear commital. Both TT were closed without my say so.
Now that we know that this failed MM is in the system we can hold WG to account and get a proper full official answer about what they intend to do. Will they fix it or will they say that they are fine with it.
By the way I do not advise anyone trying a fail flight. I won a Tier 10 game with britinmadrid while flying an AR97. Strangely we won but of course I did nothing and my team was effectively down a human player. I did not receive any extra benefits in credits or XP and was given base 1000 personal points. It is silly and the game should not have allowed it to happen.

zen_monk_ #3 Posted 08 July 2018 - 08:14 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Alpha Tester
  • 2420 battles
  • [__] __

Failed flights? A short chat message on their mental health, exit battle, another plane, enter battle.

Saves me nerves and fulfills time for gaming.

britinmadrid #4 Posted 08 July 2018 - 08:27 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 3940 battles
  • [FIFO] FIFO

View Postzen_monk_, on 08 July 2018 - 09:14 PM, said:

Failed flights? A short chat message on their mental health, exit battle, another plane, enter battle.

Clean and I saw a Tier I and Tier X in a flight once. Out of curiosity I checked their profiles after the battle to see if one of them had mis-clicked. Nope - the Tier I had about 20 battles, so I assume his friend thought he could boost his friend quickly. As Clean states, however, you cannot do this as the lower Tier aircraft receives nothing in the way of PP for such an extreme difference.

That being said, eekeeboo was arguing the corner for a Tier V in a Tier VIII battle by asking what the problem was if it worked. I wasn't happy with this and pointed out to him that very few players are good enough to make such a mismatch work and stated I though he ought to be encouraging sportsmanlike conduct as he is the CM. He didn't agree with me.

So, at the end of the day we have a CM who will not condemn unfair gameplay and a bot and/or Google translate Ticket system where the computer/person either misunderstands you, closes your Ticket after a single post, answers you in random languages or simple does nothing about your problem. That does not bode well for the future of this game.

A short chat message to them might actually get you banned if the poor child reports you, so all the power appears to be in the hands of the malefactor. Thank goodness Fail Flights seem to be rare still.

Franco_Scala #5 Posted 08 July 2018 - 08:29 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 2343 battles
  • [12-R] 12-R

View Postzen_monk_, on 08 July 2018 - 08:14 PM, said:

You shouldn't have to mess about exiting the match though and rolling dice loaded for defeat in the process.

Also, I would suggest not equating 'fail-flights' with poor mental health, our CM has made it very clear that A) He takes no issue with the current system that allows these flights and B) Will not tolerate any implication of insult or abuse towards his person or that of any other players in this forum.

Edited by Franco_Scala, 08 July 2018 - 08:39 PM.

zen_monk_ #6 Posted 08 July 2018 - 08:41 PM

• Alpha Tester
  • 2420 battles
  • [__] __
You all are right, that thing sucks, but I'm trying to spare myself from being annoyed at home (enough of that at work) and not waste any valuable time. Knowing WG too well, nothing will be done.

blackmoomba #7 Posted 08 July 2018 - 08:53 PM

Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 4443 battles
If you have an enemy flight of T1 and a T10, you should be happy... free XP, almost guaranteed win. If the flight is on your side, sucks... however, sometimes that T1 could be better than most of the brain-deads in a t9 AFKing or scoring a total of 1500PP, 2 aerial kills probably on defense airplanes :D

CheefCoach #8 Posted 08 July 2018 - 09:21 PM

• Conquest Member
  • 1679 battles

Even brain dead t9 is better than tier 1. Flights should be removed from game, or if they aren't, both players should have planes of same tier. 

And half the people in ticket service can't properly speak or understand English and have no clue how game works.  

https://stats-sig.eu/wowp/CheefCoach/ussr/xs/en/sig.png

eekeeboo #9 Posted 09 July 2018 - 08:48 AM

Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 3718 battles

View PostClean, on 08 July 2018 - 07:39 PM, said:

And I did my job and passed those on, regardless of my personal opinion. Yet here you are..... again. 

AGAIN with the forum rules. http://forum.worldof...17-forum-rules/

Do not create topics/posts to share private conversations

• Exchanges with our Customer Support Services and through private messages should remain private

View PostFranco_Scala, on 08 July 2018 - 08:29 PM, said:

Will not tolerate any implication of insult or abuse towards a person or that of any other players in this forum.

Fixed it for you. 

Once again the system isn't at fault, the players who use it to abuse the system are. A  player who wants to abuse a system will find a way, they can do fail flight, OP plane stat padding or just straight out seal clubbing. There's always a way. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users