Just got me a compliment :-)

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

zen_monk_ #1 Posted 12 July 2018 - 09:31 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Alpha Tester
  • 2420 battles
  • [__] __

My very mediocre game while finishing a sandwich, not into game at all, when I noticed a REPORTED! rave from the enemy I've killed twice. Got interested - guy mentioned a hp bug/hex/something and was calling all to report. Asked what's he talking about (while killing him the third time) and this is what I got:

So let this be a warning to you all: I am Both (guess I can manifest double) and I have something wicked with my hp. Stay away from me!

Timewarp76 #2 Posted 16 July 2018 - 09:39 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 916 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

lol, oh the wargaming community is so nice to each other.

Grumpy_Guts #3 Posted 16 July 2018 - 10:16 AM

• Conquest Member
  • 3920 battles
You rebel you, I just kn-owed you was Trouble,   av you no Shame !!!    " HA  "   " HA " :trollface:   

Procrastes #4 Posted 16 July 2018 - 02:14 PM

Senior Airman

• 83 battles

I'd say the report system is probably there at least in part as a valve to let off steam. Some guy gets pissed off for some reason - or maybe no reason - and then he can press his little 'angry' button to make the pain go away. If Wargaming would take action simply due to the number of reports, without some kind of verification, we'd have an exodus as player after player got banned due to unfounded and arbitrary reports. The game would simply keel over and die.

That said, I never make a report unless I'm absolutely certain it is justified - say, due to bad behaviour in the chat or obvious acts of sabotage in the gameplay that I have witnessed myself.

Edited by Procrastes, 16 July 2018 - 02:15 PM.

invader_from_mars #5 Posted 16 July 2018 - 08:30 PM

Senior Airman

• 1620 battles
Maybe the afk players dont bother you, but for me the 5 reports available per day is few. Almost every game below tier 6 has afk players. Screw them, and yes i report those jerks everytime even if they were in enemy team. And dont tell me its because they dc-d or client crashed, happened to me several times, and i was able to log back into that fight. No those afk pricks just want to leech some xp. Btw the report system is screwed atm, because nothing happens, and you meet the same afk faces day after day

Spuggy #6 Posted 16 July 2018 - 10:44 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 1451 battles

I would like it if the bots would report me. I mean they already behave like hoomans according to WG, so why not?

I mean, I do own the pants off them so I guess they would think I am a hacker.

I'm also sure I've seen a bot say "HAX" in chat before too!

britinmadrid #7 Posted 17 July 2018 - 07:08 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 3940 battles
  • [FIFO] FIFO

View Postinvader_from_mars, on 16 July 2018 - 09:30 PM, said:

Maybe the afk players dont bother you, but for me the 5 reports available per day is few. Almost every game below tier 6 has afk players. Screw them, and yes i report those jerks everytime even if they were in enemy team. And dont tell me its because they dc-d or client crashed, happened to me several times, and i was able to log back into that fight. No those afk pricks just want to leech some xp. Btw the report system is screwed atm, because nothing happens, and you meet the same afk faces day after day

I couldn't agree with you more - AFK players are morons. Cue WG apologists to run in - wringing their little hands - and claim crashes, but I have crashed more times in this game than any other and simply restart the computer and get in for the last half of the game.

That being said, Procrastes hit the nail on the head when he said "...keel over and die." Unfortunately, such is the low quality of the online gaming community that if you banned serial AFK, team-killing, toxic chat and 0 XP acrobat flyers players you'd have half the players you started with and less revenue. Sad, but true! :-/

BravelyRanAway #8 Posted 17 July 2018 - 10:18 PM

• Beta Tester
  • 1842 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T

View Postbritinmadrid, on 17 July 2018 - 07:08 PM, said:

I couldn't agree with you more - AFK players are morons. Cue WG apologists to run in - wringing their little hands - and claim crashes, but I have crashed more times in this game than any other and simply restart the computer and get in for the last half of the game.

I'm not an apologist......but I've had quite a few game crashes and when I restart my computer and log back in I find myself in the garage with a message telling me my plane is still in battle. I've posted such screenshots on the forum....with my big hands.

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing".G.B.Shaw

eekeeboo #9 Posted 18 July 2018 - 08:53 AM

Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 3718 battles

Some people do go afk and are probably using bots to farm the wins. But that being said, we are all aware of "ghost games" from various bugs and issues that could also cause it. I've had someone understandably upset telling me he reported me and I should know better with my games, to go afk. This was the time when I went into a ghost game and I linked that person the screenshot of the game I had won at the exact same time where I got an ace. 

Unfortunately while these bugs and other issues are still around, there will be a lot of people caught in the crossfire. 

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users