One Login to Play Them All

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Community #1 Posted 12 July 2018 - 02:56 PM

Aviation HQ

• Advanced Member
  • 0 battles

Hi guys, 

There was an error in publication, so sincere apologies about that! We are trying to get this fixed at the moment, but for now, here is the text for you to read:

"Greetings, Wargamer!

We’ve updated the Wargaming Game Center to introduce a simplified, single-login procedure. Now logging into the Game Center automatically signs you into all our products that support the Wargaming.net ID.

How does it work?

There are two options available, depending on your account status.

If you’re already logged into the Game Center and you fancy playing World of Warplanes, clicking “Play” will take you directly to your hangar, thus skipping the login screen (the same goes with other games featured in the Center).

If you’re not signed into the Game Center, after clicking “Play” a special authorisation window will pop up asking you to enter your login information. When you’re done, everything is set up for you to battle in any of our Wargaming Game Center-supported titles.

Having to re-enter your credentials is never convenient, but the good news is you’ll only have to do it once.

Now, time to click that button and show off your skills.

See you in battle!

The Wargaming team."

Edited by altworm, 13 July 2018 - 08:09 AM.

zgubny #2 Posted 12 July 2018 - 03:56 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 3106 battles
  • [D-302] D-302

GonerNL #3 Posted 12 July 2018 - 03:56 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 3211 battles

The news page behind that link has no info at all about logins ... ?

It points to https://worldofwarpl...news/login-wgc/ but redirects to https://worldofwarplanes.eu/news/

zgubny #4 Posted 12 July 2018 - 03:57 PM

• Advanced Member
  • 3106 battles
  • [D-302] D-302

here is the french version :

good job wargaming ......

CheefCoach #5 Posted 12 July 2018 - 04:15 PM

• Conquest Member
  • 1679 battles

https://stats-sig.eu/wowp/CheefCoach/ussr/xs/en/sig.png

RoyalFlyingCorps #6 Posted 12 July 2018 - 07:53 PM

Senior Airman

• 8947 battles
It doesn't seem it is one login to control them all.  If I want to play the NA server instead of the EU server I am invited to change to my NA account.  One login would mean I could play with just one account.  It may seem amusing to use a "Lord Of The Rings" trope, but since it's apparently misleading it's not a good idea.

GonerNL #7 Posted 12 July 2018 - 08:12 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 3211 battles
I was hoping they fixed that ... now the GC lets you select a server and then you have to select that server again in the (next) login screen. Really irritating playing two servers.

RoyalFlyingCorps #8 Posted 12 July 2018 - 08:49 PM

Senior Airman

• 8947 battles

Okay, I've worked out that what WG means is "unified logins for each region" if you have at least two of their games, e.g. WoT and WoWP, in at least one of their regions, which isn't what I would understand from "one login to play them all".

There are some problems from my point of view. 

1. It appears you need, from the EU and NA regions, the Russian client installed if you want to play the RU server.  I'm not sure if the reverse is true.  I would ask "why?".
  2. Changing the Russian server/client to display in English is not a straightforward process.  You have to select English on the login page, log in, work out which Russian-labelled button is "exit game", then log in again before English is displayed.
  3. Worst of all, the credentials for each of the three regions are not remembered.  The last one used overwrites previous entries, forcing you to enter them again when you want to switch regions.

Unfortunately, what looks like a good idea is badly implemented and only produces frustration until you understand how to work around it.

Also, nul points to WG for yet again patching something without warning.  Even the CMs weren't told until too late and as for the supposed news article linked in the OP not existing...pfft.

Edited by RoyalFlyingCorps, 12 July 2018 - 08:59 PM.

Grumpy_Guts #9 Posted 12 July 2018 - 09:14 PM

• Conquest Member
  • 3920 battles
One For ALL.......  All For NONE ........ Nice.

Mikhail__ #10 Posted 12 July 2018 - 11:58 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 1275 battles
Good change.

Renwor #11 Posted 13 July 2018 - 11:18 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 810 battles

Ok, that may seem like a reason why to use Game center at all.

Any idea how to add WG game GC does not know i installed on your comp?

So fat I can start WoWP through GC, but not WoT, GC wants me to install WoT, although it's installed already (was before GC)

Is it possible just to change some config, to let GC know where my WoT folder is?

jakub_czyli_ja #12 Posted 16 July 2018 - 08:53 PM

First Lieutenant

• Conquest Member
  • 1631 battles
  • [XII-2] XII-2

View PostRenwor, on 13 July 2018 - 11:18 AM, said:

Ok, that may seem like a reason why to use Game center at all.

Any idea how to add WG game GC does not know i installed on your comp?

So fat I can start WoWP through GC, but not WoT, GC wants me to install WoT, although it's installed already (was before GC)

Is it possible just to change some config, to let GC know where my WoT folder is?

What about picking tab 'All games' (top left corner), then 'Import installed games' (middle to right top)?

It really sucks as it directly contradicts with multiregion feature of WoWP - instead of launching WoWP and picking server I now need to log in in WGC, launch WoWP, wait for load, disconnect from server, pick other server, log in.

Or *edited* WGC and launch games from execs.

Edited by akataMM, 19 July 2018 - 12:03 PM.

Clear cache/Skasuj cache: cmd /K del /Q /F /S "%TEMP%\wargaming.net\wowp\cache"

And everything else/i wszystko inne: cmd /K del /Q /F /S "%APPDATA%\Wargaming.net\World of Warplanes"

HALL_OF_FAKE #13 Posted 17 July 2018 - 01:10 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 10 battles
  • [DITO] DITO

One Login to Play Them All ... Add a link to 1.9 too and we will thank you.

*edited by the moderation team*  

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users