A bots game.

Bots bot prefix

• Please log in to reply
200 replies to this topic

_Desper #121 Posted 17 August 2018 - 06:25 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 1795 battles
Bot talk should be gone long ago. There is nothing funny about it. More sad is how bots are trying to confuse new players. 

johncarps #122 Posted 18 August 2018 - 09:22 AM

First Lieutenant

• Conquest Member
  • 674 battles

question

we read since one year ; "with 2.0 all is better" ok why not, 

if there is more players and ...

why don't WG try a week or 2 without bot ?? only the grey defence bot ?? (i know in t10 the queue will be long 1 vs 1 is often but in t4 t5 t6 after one year play i think ppl have that type of plane)

less bots, less games write at the beginning, less cpu server and pc use so more fps, but need more skill and cooperating game to win 

NatteFrost #123 Posted 18 August 2018 - 11:21 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 1399 battles

View Postjohncarps, on 18 August 2018 - 09:22 AM, said:

question

we read since one year ; "with 2.0 all is better" ok why not, 

if there is more players and ...

why don't WG try a week or 2 without bot ?? only the grey defence bot ?? (i know in t10 the queue will be long 1 vs 1 is often but in t4 t5 t6 after one year play i think ppl have that type of plane)

less bots, less games write at the beginning, less cpu server and pc use so more fps, but need more skill and cooperating game to win 

cuz game dont have enugh players at ALL parts of the day to remove bots, and there will be less humans in conquest mode when harcore mode arrives in some distant future.

i play between 06-17. after the end of the spit event when there was 4-10 humans per side no prime in t3-t7, its back to how it was during the summer, 1-3 humans per side.

ai must remain in conquest or the players will leave. having a full team bot game after 1 min is better then having a skirmish game after 15 min.

eekeeboo #124 Posted 18 August 2018 - 12:49 PM

Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 5021 battles

View Postjohncarps, on 18 August 2018 - 09:22 AM, said:

Because that's not how game coding and things like matchmaking rules work. Changes like this require a lot of time and testing, more so than a 2 week time period whereby queue times will go through the roof and you'd then need to re-balance the economy, re-balance game mechanics like the amount of AA and ADA over sectors etc. 

johncarps #125 Posted 18 August 2018 - 02:25 PM

First Lieutenant

• Conquest Member
  • 674 battles

so be happy it's a bot game,

cause the test ....... when all know how it's work and finished

invader_from_mars #126 Posted 21 August 2018 - 04:26 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 8882 battles

I have nothing else to say. 5 (five) minutes and 15 (fifteen) seconds for a victory. Yes the bots are ok, and balanced well.

At least this torture was last for only 5 minutes

Edit: The 5 minutes defeat in a 1 on 1 match with 5 territories to cap is still a joke. Yes they capped all the 5 territories, and my team just couldnt get any, ANY. Awesome bots on my side

Edited by invader_from_mars, 27 August 2018 - 08:32 PM.

GonerNL #127 Posted 22 August 2018 - 08:20 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 9568 battles

Yep.

I've had very short battles where the enemy gained air superiority within minutes ... when you later look at the scores they seem OK, but for some reason the enemy bots were able to take all bases and my bots didn't, balanced as they were ... not a clue how they earned their points.

(for the record, sometimes I'm on the winning side but roflstomped battles are no fun no matter which side you're on)

eekeeboo #128 Posted 22 August 2018 - 08:39 AM

Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 5021 battles
Only way to truly show and explain this is with replays. These score screens are a snapshot and don't explain how the battle progressed. 

radier #129 Posted 22 August 2018 - 08:46 AM

Master Sergeant

• Alpha Tester
  • 228 battles
  • [PGT] PGT

Yesterday i have battle with bots. Only me and other guy in enemy team was real players. I have destroyed 30 airplanes with personal score of 23 535. I dont record replays at all.

B3RG #130 Posted 22 August 2018 - 09:42 AM

Senior Airman

• 612 battles

Playing with only humans doesn't guarantee long games and seniblse capping

My experience is that those games are one big brawl @one cap (most of the time an airport)

Yesterday there even where some cursing armchair generals wingcommanders 

invader_from_mars #131 Posted 27 August 2018 - 08:46 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 8882 battles

Thanks WG, bots well balanced, score of my bots: 41255 and the enemy bots score: 50365 WTF? 9k PP difference FGS

BTW the best thing, check out the score of my highest tier bot (the only tier 9) :D:D lowest of course :D This is such a panorama of this whole frustrating game.

I sweat blood for a friggin victory, but you had to send your uber bots to "balance" the game :D

And i was moving from base to base to recap as you can see the score of mine, but on a map with 5 locations i cant be everywhere. So again the skill of my bots was terrible

Edited by invader_from_mars, 27 August 2018 - 08:50 PM.

Horcan #132 Posted 27 August 2018 - 09:13 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 5378 battles
  • [ODV] ODV

View Posteekeeboo, on 22 August 2018 - 09:39 AM, said:

Only way to truly show and explain this is with replays. These score screens are a snapshot and don't explain how the battle progressed. 

Seriously, stop this replays and how its the guys who complain fault that they lost the game. It's a 1v1 game, you perform way better than the other human, people expect to win, and thats why they complain. NOt because they didnt capture whatever CC or mine or god knows what else zone you think. And especially when you do 23k points and the opponent is afk, yet you still lose, then its obvious you are alone vs 14 bots. Stop defending blindly the game, the bots shouldnt even exist in a multiplayer game. People want human opponents, not bots that act due to a RNG dice that tell them if they should kill the human or not, or win the game or not. For as long as bots will masively influence games results, expect this kind of complaints to keep pouring. I wont say anything more , one ban for criticising game was enough.

eekeeboo #133 Posted 28 August 2018 - 09:09 AM

Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 5021 battles

View Postinvader_from_mars, on 27 August 2018 - 08:46 PM, said:

It may be your bots weren't spectacular, but it's also because none of the dogfighting aircraft were players, whereas you can bet the enemy players (in the la160 for instance from the looks of the name) will have had a fun time killing your bots on your team preventing them doing a whole lot. 

View PostHorcan, on 27 August 2018 - 09:13 PM, said:

A replay is the only way to see how a battle evolved, seeing how a player reacts to the battle and progression. Performing "better" is different to some people than others, better is not who scores the most points, better is who scores the most points in the right sector and helps the team win. Bans only take place when you break the forum rules, they're there on the page for you to look at, at any stage in time. Bots are there for a reason, to prevent queue times and for the most part will play better than some players. Because bots will go for objectives and play for the team, not for personal glory. 

If it was truly as "rigged" and impossible to affect the outcome of the battle as some people mistakenly perceive there is absolutely no way a person could win as frequently as the good players do. 

Horcan #134 Posted 28 August 2018 - 10:10 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 5378 battles
  • [ODV] ODV
I dont think im that bad player that you can say i dont know what to do on a map. Yet , just two or three days ago i had a game in tier 8 GAA, where the whole game i didnt nothing but move from base to base capturing it, ending up with 23k points, while the enemy human quit/crashed/had heart attack/whatever and had 1200 points at end of battle. Yet, before i was able to get to next base after i got one, the enemy bots (with or without the help of cc/rocket ) flipped that previous base back in their possesion, while mine was like non existent, and battle ended in defeat for me. So this is the reason for my( and others ) frustration. I expect to compete with the human , not with the bots ( especially while mine do retarded things , like 4 of them chasing an afk player to the corner of the map, moving from a bomber wave to the next one ending up doing nothing else, or just circling aimlessly over a base ) . That is also the reason me and others say the game is rigged, because if both sets of bots would do similar things in same battles, humans would have more impact on the outcome , and not vice-versa.

eekeeboo #135 Posted 28 August 2018 - 10:34 AM

Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 5021 battles

View PostHorcan, on 28 August 2018 - 10:10 AM, said:

I didn't say you don't know what to do on a map. 

When you say you moved from sector to sector. What sectors? What map? Solo flipping an airfield is futile in a GAA due to limited ground targets in the sector. whereas a mining plant or military base is far more suitable. 

Horcan #136 Posted 28 August 2018 - 04:09 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 5378 battles
  • [ODV] ODV

View Posteekeeboo, on 28 August 2018 - 11:34 AM, said:

I didn't say you don't know what to do on a map. 

When you say you moved from sector to sector. What sectors? What map? Solo flipping an airfield is futile in a GAA due to limited ground targets in the sector. whereas a mining plant or military base is far more suitable. 

You still fail/refuse to see my and a lot others point of view. Even if i would stay in the middle of the map just killing planes for 23k pp, thats a lot of killing and sending those bots back to their spawning point. While mine are alive ( supposedly ). All this while the human enemy didnt even play the game. So even if i slaughter them like lambs for easter ( this is done in my country ) they still manage to totally own my bots, who are unhindered by a human player. So where's the balance?

Hal_Leuco #137 Posted 28 August 2018 - 05:24 PM

Senior Airman

• 9104 battles

WG please take a look at the matchmaker of Total War Arena. They split PvP and PvE, also "non-bots" and "only bots".

For the people, who want pure PvP play, please make an option "non-bots" for their matchmaker-settings. I know the time to find a match with 15 vs 15 human is maybe terrible long but it's their choice and they can wait for it.

For PvE-players like me, I like to play only vs bots so there should be an option "only bots" in the settings.

I think this addition will be helpful and satisfy many players. 

eekeeboo #138 Posted 29 August 2018 - 01:21 PM

Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 5021 battles

View PostHorcan, on 28 August 2018 - 04:09 PM, said:

There's a difference between seeing the point of view and agreeing with that point of view. If this game truly worked the way you misspercieve it to... then people would not have the consistently high winrates that they do and effectively influence the battle so effectively the way they do. Scoring a million points is useless if you're doing it in their spawn and 1 bot caps the whole map. 

eekeeboo #139 Posted 29 August 2018 - 01:23 PM

Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 5021 battles

View PostHal_Leuco, on 28 August 2018 - 05:24 PM, said:

There was a non bot version of queue and queue times were through the roof with artificial xp etc. 15 minute + queues remove far more people from the game than bots filling spaces who will do their job and play the game etc. 

NatteFrost #140 Posted 29 August 2018 - 02:45 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 1399 battles

View PostHal_Leuco, on 28 August 2018 - 05:24 PM, said:

WG please take a look at the matchmaker of Total War Arena. They split PvP and PvE, also "non-bots" and "only bots".

For the people, who want pure PvP play, please make an option "non-bots" for their matchmaker-settings. I know the time to find a match with 15 vs 15 human is maybe terrible long but it's their choice and they can wait for it.

For PvE-players like me, I like to play only vs bots so there should be an option "only bots" in the settings.

I think this addition will be helpful and satisfy many players. 

grind to t9 or t10. there are just 2-4 humans there out of a 12 player team and pure t10s games are rare cuz not enugh players que their t10s.

Also tagged with Bots, bot, prefix

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users