Bots bot prefix

• Please log in to reply
200 replies to this topic

invader_from_mars #161 Posted 02 September 2018 - 07:34 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 11028 battles

Uber bots? Speaking of which, never seen something like this before:

Did you turn on the "badass" option for that multirole? A bot reaching grade II, nice :popcorn:Meanwhile on the loser side, we had 80y old blind pilots behind the joystick :D

eekeeboo #162 Posted 03 September 2018 - 08:37 AM

Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 5026 battles
No extra options enabled. But the higher level AI bots are not to be under-estimated. Add this to the invasion game mode where a MR efficiency is measured on defending. If that Yak9U was able to sit on a sector and farm those large cannon kills.... that'll do it! 

Horcan #163 Posted 03 September 2018 - 11:54 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 5947 battles
  • [ODV] ODV

View Posteekeeboo, on 30 August 2018 - 03:58 PM, said:

First 3 and last 3 isn't the best option either. First 3 in what? This will encourage some people to play even more for personal points and not for the win on the team. It's frustrating but at least the win is a common goal, personal points are more selfish and can lead to VERY selfish gameplay. 

Posted Image

Just tell me what else can i do to turn such a game where im a bomber vs 3-4 awesome humans and everyone else in my team is pathetic and useless. And why not just quit halfway when its obvious there is nothing i can do to win and its just a waste of time to continue the battle.

Retired from this censored BS forum

eekeeboo #164 Posted 03 September 2018 - 02:00 PM

Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 5026 battles
Because you don't learn anything from quitting. You can't win them all, but it doesn't mean you shouldn't try to win them all. At that stage in the game there could have been a lot of other actions you could have taken to prevent getting to that stage. 

Horcan #165 Posted 03 September 2018 - 02:07 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 5947 battles
  • [ODV] ODV
Seriously now, what do you mean by learning? That im a stupid idiot who doesnt know what to do on a map and what each base do? I dont know how your planes work , maybe you have a 50 mm autoaim cannon in every turret and your plane fly at 1000 kmh/h. Mine dont. I did the best i could in that plane, fighting almost alone versus 4 good humans, in heavies and fighters. There is nothing to learn, its just a game that is lost from the start, and with that win condition for most mission( and scraps) its just a waste of time to stay in those games. As for what other in game think, its really not my fault that game is lost, its theirs, for their inefficience. So if i stay in until the end i dont think it really matters for them. Im not there to carry them.

Edited by Horcan, 03 September 2018 - 02:09 PM.

eekeeboo #166 Posted 03 September 2018 - 02:24 PM

Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 5026 battles

View PostHorcan, on 03 September 2018 - 02:07 PM, said:

It's a phrase. You learn lessons from failures not by quitting. My planes work the say way yours do, there is always something to learn, even if it's flying to a different sector at the start of battle, climbing differently, diving at a different speed and angle. The amount of bombs you drop per target and how your plane will hand being shot at AA while climbing. If you are unwilling to learn from the games you lose, you are doomed to repeat the same mistakes and thus... lose more. 

I will usually go into a game with the mindset I need to carry, if i need to be carried I play very differently. 

Horcan #167 Posted 03 September 2018 - 02:34 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 5947 battles
  • [ODV] ODV
There is nothing there that i did wrong, Simply i cant do more in a tier 5 bomber, vs 2 beaufighters, a tier 6 spitfire and a bf, while my humans are simply useless. There is nothing to change in the approach way to improve it because those odds are simply impossible. And for a veteran like me and you its quite obvious after 2 minutes what the outcome will be. You know i no longer play this game for the sake of it, but to farm tokens. So if everything devs do is to annoy me( with broken MM and win condition ), the only way i can to ease my suffering is to quit the games that are a waste of time.

GonerNL #168 Posted 04 September 2018 - 02:21 PM

First Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 11417 battles

View Posteekeeboo, on 03 September 2018 - 02:24 PM, said:

You learn lessons from failures not by quitting.

The lesson I learned from failures - if you can call being roflstomped by matchmaker a failure - is that it is sometimes better to just quit than endure another "enemy has gained air superiority" .... :B

eekeeboo #169 Posted 04 September 2018 - 04:06 PM

Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 5026 battles

View PostHorcan, on 03 September 2018 - 02:34 PM, said:

You cannot win them all, first thing you need to acknowledge. You were not simply alone vs all those players. If those humans were useless you can help them, offer them advice, simply you can't choose your teammates. The bots will behave in a more reliable way than most humans will. 

As soon as you stopped playing this game for the game but for tokens, that is exactly when you changed your objective in the game, the reason you play and what you expect from it. Quitting your games doesn't help anyone. 

View PostGonerNL, on 04 September 2018 - 02:21 PM, said:

And quitting guarantees air superiority. There is no way for you to have 100% certainty that you will lose a game when you load the battle. You get rofl-stomped by the enemy, something you guarantee when you quite the game or give-up. 

zen_monk_ #170 Posted 04 September 2018 - 04:17 PM

First Lieutenant

• Alpha Tester
  • 9035 battles
  • [__] __

View Posteekeeboo, on 04 September 2018 - 04:06 PM, said:

As soon as you stopped playing this game for the game but for tokens, that is exactly when you changed your objective in the game, the reason you play and what you expect from it. Quitting your games doesn't help anyone.

I know you meant tokens from daily medals, but I have my take on focusing on tokens.

I did this two months ago, focused heavily on daily token missions and it did wonders to my interest & goals. All of the sudden there always was something to do, to combine "def sector" with "kill xxx" while "flying this or that type". Made me order my hangar in a more efficient manner, boost certain types of tiers 4, 7 and 8 etc etc. Made me play differently, flying planes I wouldn't play otherwise, paying more attention to the task at hand. Highly recommended for all who wonder what to do today in the skies.

Edited by zen_monk_, 04 September 2018 - 04:28 PM.

stats were invented by Satan himself to suck the carefree fun out of gaming                            

Horcan #171 Posted 04 September 2018 - 04:44 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 5947 battles
  • [ODV] ODV
I tried to help , give advice, but that i learn over time, that 90% of cases, they call you noob and do whatever they want anyway , cause ofc they know better than a guy who have 3-4 times their score. So i gave up , cause they never listen anyway. ANd being the only tier 6 in that spitfire and having 2k points after almost 6 minutes, i think i can safely call him useless. As well as i was 100% after two minutes about the outcome of that battle.

eekeeboo #172 Posted 04 September 2018 - 04:55 PM

Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 5026 battles

View PostHorcan, on 04 September 2018 - 04:44 PM, said:

How you speak to them helps, tip: referring to them as "simply useless" will not help. Not everyone will listen, but there will be plenty who do. People can have bad games, get distracted or otherwise engaged. Some people simply don't know better. You can help them and in the long run yourself, or you can lambaste them and further frustrate them and yourself. 

invader_from_mars #173 Posted 04 September 2018 - 05:14 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 11028 battles
Or change the matchmaking maybe, just maybe...the source of the problem is the lack of balance. How the hell is it possible to put 4 guys with 60%+ winrate on 1 side, and the opposite side has 4 guys with 40%- WR? What WG is thinking? The 40% side has any chance? I tell you the facts, no, they have not. They gonna lose. What if the dear company puts 2 60% and 2 40% on each side? That is called balance. But no, we are keep getting those screwed up matches. Woohoo just for fun of course! You know what? Ppl dont want that fun of yours, ppl want balance

Horcan #174 Posted 04 September 2018 - 07:13 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 5947 battles
  • [ODV] ODV
And the first thing would be to not make games with one flight of uber people in heavy fighters vs two randoms in even inferior tier. Just cause MM adds two bots of same planes on no flight side doesnt mean the game will be balanced and fair. And if people would like some challenges or whatever you call this broken mm, should be their choice. People usually want fair odds.

eekeeboo #175 Posted 05 September 2018 - 09:26 AM

Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 5026 battles

View Postinvader_from_mars, on 04 September 2018 - 05:14 PM, said:

MM is as balanced as it can realistically be. Skill based MM does not work, it rarely works in games with dedicated skill based MM. It especially does not work in games based on F2P with re-roll ability for nothing. The game is balanced on tier and aircraft type. The 40% side does have a chance, it is up to them to either try or not, you can learn to get better or not, you can play for fun or not. Whatever the reason, a player should be encouraged to learn and should be encouraged to get better at a game, not get worse. The current players in this game who are considered the top players got there through learning and suffering defeats, they wanted to learn to get better. 

The MM is arguably the most balanced out of all of the WG titles with +/- 1MM, mirrored MM. Skill based MM requires strict variables to work from, not the amount that WoWP has, WR does not determine the ability of a player to fly a plane. They could very well have 3k battles in tier 1 with 90% WR but 30% WR in tier 8+. 

View PostHorcan, on 04 September 2018 - 07:13 PM, said:

The planes have strengths and weaknesses there is not uniformly "better" than everything else planes in the game. As soon as you stop having people be able to flight up and play games without another flight to play against, you completely remove the point of flying in a flight. If you want completely fair games with no challenge may I suggest you attempt training battles for your fun, fully are you are unable to earn tokens through this method. But you cannot have a lack of challenge and the ability to earn all the tokens you like in the same system, that isn't how you sustain a game or playerbase. 

invader_from_mars #176 Posted 05 September 2018 - 10:15 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 11028 battles

Shame on you eekeeboo, really...You always have your shiny explanation, how many screenshots do you need?

NO, YOU CANT WIN A MATCH LIKE THIS, unless you are lucky as hell! And your perfect MM puts me in this freakn frustrating situation, and you know its not fun, its a pain in the a*s! FGS the guys were not only more skilled, but they were all high tier..pathetic, but im the idiot, i should quit matches like this immediately

Edit: i know what you think, i lost because i was only defending 1 freakn base, no my friend, i was flying around trying to recap, but with this match setup its mission impossible

Edited by invader_from_mars, 05 September 2018 - 10:22 AM.

GonerNL #177 Posted 05 September 2018 - 11:45 AM

First Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 11417 battles

View Postinvader_from_mars, on 05 September 2018 - 10:15 AM, said:

Edit: i know what you think, i lost because i was only defending 1 freakn base, no my friend, i was flying around trying to recap, but with this match setup its mission impossible

Sometimes there's just nothing else but to defend a base. I've had multiple battles where I planned on taking another base after taking the first, but all enemy bots immediately swarm the base, because they seem to see it's strategically important and all my bots leave me alone, split up and try (but don't succeed) to take other bases. So much for balanced bots.

As far as I'm concerned, just "balancing on tier and aircraft type" is not matchmaking ... so many lopsided battles.

And imagine, we are getting fed-up with these battles ; how do newcomers react to being roflstomped again & again ??

eekeeboo #178 Posted 05 September 2018 - 12:02 PM

Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 5026 battles

View Postinvader_from_mars, on 05 September 2018 - 10:15 AM, said:

Not screenshots, replays please. Like the game we just won, knowing where to attack and distracting the enemy won us the game. Replays show you the image, not the screenshot. 

Horcan #179 Posted 05 September 2018 - 12:41 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 5947 battles
  • [ODV] ODV

I really cant understand how can you consider mirrored when one side have a single top tier plane that is human versus same plane that is bot. It will not be fair battle in a million attempts, especially if the human is someone who knows the game. Bots run by scripts, triggers or whatever you call them. It will not assess situation, it will not look at the whole map, it will be triggered into some action by the closest plane, it will rarely run away from a fight thinking he should get to some other base cause its a priority. And when you double this with a flight, you get a game where the whole other team is pissed as hell or just quit. If people want to play in a flight, they should wait for a similar flight to have a fair game, not use the flight as a mostly 100% advantage over the other team. For each 2 people that are happy for the chance to play in a flight, there are at least 2 people unhappy about it. And stop talking about comunication coordination , teamplay and such. There are no such things in random, especially in this game, because everyone does what they want.

The matchmaker is the worst of them all from wg titles, cause it consider 1 human equal one bot. It should be put a number of humans in each team by paired aircrafts and tiers, then fill with bots. Not put a human tier 6 spitfire and pair it with a bot, then put a tier 5 GAA human in the other team and put a bot GAA in SPitfire team , then consider it a fair game.

LE:and please , give us a break with watching replays. It's easy to tell watching on a replay what could you have done to get better. In a battle normally you take decision by what looks best in your vicinity. You dont expect that every single base except the one youre at is taken by the enemy and your team is disabled and does nothing.

Edited by Horcan, 05 September 2018 - 02:03 PM.

_Desper #180 Posted 05 September 2018 - 02:10 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 1795 battles

Ikibu I think those screens are enough, no need for replays. How would you win battles like those on enemy side? I can post another 50 + screens with similar results of hopeless looses. Outside of prime time you will get 1v1 battles all the time at high tiers, like heavy fighter vs GAA and stuff like that. Solution would be to play co-op vs bots, because players are very unhappy to play battles like this. 

This map is all about who can take middle over power rocket base first, the other player with tier 8 heavy have no chance against me, I kill him head on by guns or rockets, out run him and also out turn him. The bot's didn't help him either. One il10M bot is too weak to take one plant in whole battle which last 4 mins anyway. This battle was played at 3 AM.

Posted Image

This battle was played at 8:10 pm when players base should be strongest, but you get battle like this anyway. Well 6 mins battle but still no way to do anything.

Posted Image

Also tagged with Bots, bot, prefix

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users