• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

klbergmen #21 Posted 04 September 2018 - 10:13 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 4392 battles
  • [JV44] JV44

View Post0berhessen, on 04 September 2018 - 09:45 AM, said:

i always thought critical damage is the one where you damage wings/tail that makes the enemy less maneuverable, set him on fire, kill pilot, shoot his engine... things like this

Yes, that's what I mean. My question is if these hits do also additional damage/drain HP faster.

eekeeboo #22 Posted 04 September 2018 - 10:18 AM

Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 4734 battles
No critical hits don't deal increased damage, just affecting modules of the aircraft. 

klbergmen #23 Posted 04 September 2018 - 12:17 PM

• Advanced Member
  • 4392 battles
  • [JV44] JV44

Do bots react in any way to pings on the map, marking targets, pressing F1 or anything like that ?

Is it true that marking enemy planes changes focus for the own flak ?

Now that I found this thread I will probably come up with more questions :)

madguy #24 Posted 10 September 2018 - 11:50 AM

Senior Airman

• Beta Tester
  • 1510 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

View Postklbergmen, on 04 September 2018 - 02:17 PM, said:

Do bots react in any way to pings on the map, marking targets, pressing F1 or anything like that ?

Is it true that marking enemy planes changes focus for the own flak ?

Now that I found this thread I will probably come up with more questions :)

I think someone, somewhere on the forum, mentioned only the F7 command affects bots behaviour. Don't know where that info came from though.

Yes, yes, I am Mad, bro.

eekeeboo #25 Posted 10 September 2018 - 04:35 PM

Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 4734 battles

View Postklbergmen, on 04 September 2018 - 12:17 PM, said:

Not right now, not as much as they should, it's being looked into though. 

Marking enemies as far as I am aware doesn't affect focus of flak but being the first one in and being the only person of that aircraft class will make aa bully you. 

invader_from_mars #26 Posted 22 September 2018 - 12:28 PM

Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 4544 battles

Smiles of Fortune daily quest

Soooo it means it has to be done in the first sortie? You arent allowed to die not even once? Maybe change the description to "in 1 sortie", because "survive" means, you are still alive at the end of the battle, you didnt die during squall line...thanks!

Edited by invader_from_mars, 22 September 2018 - 12:29 PM.

Isoruku_Yamamoto #27 Posted 23 September 2018 - 01:00 AM

• Advanced Member
  • 2183 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

View Postinvader_from_mars, on 22 September 2018 - 12:28 PM, said:

Smiles of Fortune daily quest

Soooo it means it has to be done in the first sortie? You arent allowed to die not even once? Maybe change the description to "in 1 sortie", because "survive" means, you are still alive at the end of the battle, you didnt die during squall line...thanks!

Thats why it doesnt only say "survive", but also "throughout the entire battle"

NatteFrost #28 Posted 23 September 2018 - 06:09 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 1337 battles

what is the map pool for the tiers and how often do they rotate?

some days i only see 2 maps in all t9+ games i play(norway and alpine), some days i get the same maps 3 battles in a row but whit different caps and some times i get 4 different maps in a row.

it is very confusing and can get a bit boring when you only play on the same 2-3 maps for 1H...

eekeeboo #29 Posted 24 September 2018 - 11:26 AM

Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 4734 battles
The maps are distributed by tier, this is why maps have different layouts, to break some of the monotony. 

Pilvenuga #30 Posted 17 November 2018 - 07:41 PM

Senior Airman

• 2911 battles

So... this is more of a development question maybe, but why are the new planes in the tech tree not following the same logic in terms of researchable modules as the previous planes have had, up until now.

Before you wonder what the hell i'm talking about, i'd direct your attention to a few examples:

Pe-2 M-82, Tier 6 Soviet Bomber - has both the M-82F and M-82FN engines available to it, which are the same engines on several other Soviet Light Fighters. Such as I-210, La-5, La-7 and La-9. Now, somehow the M-82F or M-82FN on the Pe-2 M-82 are not researched when you have the same designation engines researched on the Light Fighters. While on the other hand the German Tier 6 Bomber, the Do 217 M can have its DB 603 Aa and DB 603A researched if you had researched them on the Me 410, Me 265, Me 209 A, or Me 329. Now, there was a bit of a gap between when the two bomber lines were introduced - so im wondering if this is an oversight issue by the development team or is this what we can expect in the future with other planes/lines.

Other examples of this are the 250 kg bombs on Japanese Heavy Fighters (although considering the rivalry between Japanese Navy and Army, you could try to play this off…)and the 20 mm Ho-5-II(T) autocannons that are the same as on Ki-94-II, so that excuse doesnt fly there!

Pilvenuga #31 Posted 27 December 2018 - 10:57 AM

Senior Airman

• 2911 battles

Another point to be made: the new British Multiroles dont share the modules with others in tech tree. Namely, the 500lb bombs that are also on the heavies and the MK V 4x20mm wing mounted Hispano cannons. Both of those are identical to tech tree ones, but somehow still count as separate modules. 

This brings me to the thought that perhaps the stats we see arent all to it and there might be some "hidden" stats like dispersion differences - why they make the modules separate.

Yes, i know Eekeboo wont be able to get answers to this topic anymore. But if we dont even ask the uncomfortable questions, we'll never get answers...

Piq_Mastika #32 Posted 30 December 2018 - 02:01 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 3155 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

View PostPilvenuga, on 27 December 2018 - 12:57 PM, said:

Another point to be made: the new British Multiroles dont share the modules with others in tech tree. Namely, the 500lb bombs that are also on the heavies and the MK V 4x20mm wing mounted Hispano cannons. Both of those are identical to tech tree ones, but somehow still count as separate modules. 

This brings me to the thought that perhaps the stats we see arent all to it and there might be some "hidden" stats like dispersion differences - why they make the modules separate.

Yes, i know Eekeboo wont be able to get answers to this topic anymore. But if we dont even ask the uncomfortable questions, we'll never get answers...

Same as the jap heavies and the usa bombers

Isoruku_Yamamoto #33 Posted 09 January 2019 - 11:26 AM

• Advanced Member
  • 2183 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

View PostPilvenuga, on 27 December 2018 - 10:57 AM, said:

I'll take a look at the details of those bombs you mentioned, sometimes there are technical differences which make them not count as the same. 
For instance a 2x20mm gun with same range, DPM and Dmg per shot can still count as a different module when having a different mounting place. 
There are in fact some sites that log a whole range of "soft stats", but not all of that info is up to date. 

In the tech tree i found 1 equal type (2x)500lb bomb so far, but there its mentioned that they are separate for the heavies and multiroles in terms of compatability. Thats only 3 or 6k XP though. 

As for this whole topic: I've been away from WoWP a while, but i'd be okay sort of monitoring this topic & see what i can answer & what not.  Just do realise that these are answers from a player, not staff :child:

zen_monk_ #34 Posted 09 January 2019 - 11:49 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Alpha Tester
  • 5184 battles
  • [__] __

There were two types of GP HE 500 lb bombs in UK during WW2

500 lb General Purpose Bomb (1926 onwards) – replaced by 500 lb MC in 1942

stats were invented by Satan himself to suck the carefree fun out of gaming

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users