Community Contributor Program

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

eekeeboo #1 Posted 24 July 2018 - 01:53 PM

Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 4954 battles

Hello Pilots! 

Now we have re-organised forum, we have a World of Warplanes 2.0 and now Progression 2.0. It's time to have a re-vitalized Community Contributor Program also! 

I am pleased to announce the long-due overhaul of the world of warplanes community contributor program. To bring

Community Contributors are players who assist and help other players of World of Warplanes, such as showing off their love for the game over their Twitch stream or by posting YouTube videos, running a fan site or Facebook page providing helpful answers, writing guides, running in-game events in our contest area, etc. They are basically players who voluntarily dedicate time and energy towards their love for World of Warplanes and in doing so, improve the online community experience for others!

If you are interested in being a community contributor or think you may know someone who will make a good community contributor, please refer to the spoiler below! 

Spoiler

To apply, please create a thread with the following information or contact myself privately to review: 

Tell us about yourself.

• Tell us what your goals are and how they feel applying to the program will help
  • Links to content and resources produced
  • Discord tag – As a primary means of communication.
  • What activities you mainly aim to provide
  • How best you feel we can support your goals.

Edited by eekeeboo, 01 August 2018 - 08:20 AM.

serbsproud_4c #2 Posted 24 July 2018 - 06:34 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Squadron Leader
  • 195 battles
  • [4CAF] 4CAF

I suggest „Moerdergrube“! :great:

he is very active on the forum.

he gives a lot of Feedback to other Players.

he post many screenshots from the gameplay.

he is very onest to the ppl, maybe to much.

He Spend a lot of Time to write Threads about new proposals.

etc..etc....

i think the perfect guy for 2.0 contributer! :medal:

AngryChilli #3 Posted 24 July 2018 - 09:06 PM

• Conquest Member
  • 14620 battles
  • [W___P] W___P
I wish you Good Luck bro , to find some good guys.

"Mobbing verbindet, 9 von 10 haben Spaß daran"

Angry Chilli (1982- open end) Warplanes Junky seit Nov 2013

Isoruku_Yamamoto #4 Posted 25 July 2018 - 09:38 AM

• Advanced Member
  • 2217 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

I will consider this, sullpying the following content types:

Ill be taking a further look on monday i think.

I_Y

Small problem: i basically still have to start, since my other posts on this have never gotten answers as to whether thered be a CCP

Edited by Isoruku_Yamamoto, 25 July 2018 - 09:40 AM.

Renwor #5 Posted 25 July 2018 - 10:05 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 2095 battles

Honestly eekee I do not think it is good time for that move.  

Of course it cannot do much harm, only it may not be as succesfull as WG may wish.

Allow me to offer paralel:

We are in an airliner, in a sharp descent, with passengers on a verge of panic, not sure if it is still a descent or a free fall. Sudenly, a cheerful captains voice announces through intercom:  "We reached quiet leg of our flight, weather is beautiful, so if any of passengers would like to take a hold of the controls for a while, you are welcome to pilots cabin.  Bussines class passengers are welcome first.  Thank you."

so yeah, I feel first we maybe should get to level flight with clear vision of safe passage, before inviting people to involve themselves?  just my 2cents.

eekeeboo #6 Posted 25 July 2018 - 10:49 AM

Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 4954 battles

View PostIsoruku_Yamamoto, on 25 July 2018 - 09:38 AM, said:

Apologies this is due to the nature of sorting something like this out and the level of work required with intricacies, rules and checking things. Unfortunately the current EU CC program will need building from scratch entirety. 

View PostRenwor, on 25 July 2018 - 10:05 AM, said:

All opinions are good! But I feel a CC program and acknowledging the good work people in this community is sorely needed. It also allows me to move forward with other plans for what I would like CC's to be. These details are shared in a discussion with people once we get to that stage. 

The CC program is something I desperately wanted before 2.0 and definitely at the release of 2.0. Not just for guides but for some more community influence and to have more feedback available. It also adds to the fact I can't be everywhere, though I may try and CC will hopefully help me get honest opinions and feedback on community sentiment as well as help with contests and events. 

We had a very good core group of people who contributed hugely to the community and helping one another, that slowly began to be eroded. Not I'm in a position I can hopefully fix some of that, I'm going to try! But I do understand your concern though and hopefully it can be overcome! 

Isoruku_Yamamoto #7 Posted 25 July 2018 - 12:50 PM

• Advanced Member
  • 2217 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

@eekeeboo thats quite okay, but do the rules then include the three month activity requirement? Or is this something we could discuss on?

Because the main thing for me is that i refrained from making content because the CC programme seemed to be dead

eekeeboo #8 Posted 25 July 2018 - 01:08 PM

Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 4954 battles

View PostIsoruku_Yamamoto, on 25 July 2018 - 12:50 PM, said:

@eekeeboo thats quite okay, but do the rules then include the three month activity requirement? Or is this something we could discuss on?

Because the main thing for me is that i refrained from making content because the CC programme seemed to be dead

The idea of the three month activity, if you read further can be dependent on how much material you make. I know this may seem a steep requirement, but I would like to start the program off in a healthy manner, working with those who are going to be active and committed to this game. I would like to avoid as you mention, a quiet and dead CC program that was in a state that we needed to start anew now. 

Isoruku_Yamamoto #9 Posted 26 July 2018 - 09:14 PM

• Advanced Member
  • 2217 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

I will be creating a thread over the next week. I also hope to supply my first content along with that.

General idea:

Gameplay guides, styles and such (vid)

Game mechanics explanations (vid& written)

Commented gameplays (vid)

Background guide- say building up a proper wiki (written)

History channel (vids)

And maybe more

Maybe ambitious for a starter, but id like to give it a go

RoyalFlyingCorps #10 Posted 15 November 2018 - 07:58 PM

• Advanced Member
  • 14437 battles
  • [W___P] W___P

On tonight's WGEU stream eekeeboo, unless I have misunderstood him, said that there were no longer any EU (or indeed NA) community contributors.  I'd asked him because there seemed to be a pause in activity by community contributors after a rearrangement of the team on the NA server.  It seems I hadn't just missed community contributor activity; it had actually come to an end.

So, given this statement:

Block Quote

We love our community and what they can bring to the enhance the game experience. Hopefully we can strengthen these contributions and provide a better experience for all. 

I am wondering what the future is for the programme.  Is it just the case that (English-speaking) contributors have left, or been asked to leave, the programme and that new applications will be considered as before?  If so, are we close to having any new contributors?  Or is the programme dead, about to be revamped, or what?

If the programme is dead, then as the advent of community contributors was naturally used to cover the withdrawal of direct contacts - more or less - with the WoWP development team will anything be put in place to keep the flow of information from development to players?  I used to have a good idea of what the developers had in mind and where the game was going generally.  Now I find it difficult to know what is happening, which is a pity because it means positive news about developments and plans is no longer available to offset the continuing frustrations of, for instance, bugs (broken missions, continuous gunfire, disconnections from the server at the end of battles, and so on) and a stagnant (Eek would say "stable") player base possibly threatening the existence of the game.

Edited by RoyalFlyingCorps, 15 November 2018 - 09:15 PM.

eekeeboo #11 Posted 16 November 2018 - 10:07 AM

Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 4954 battles

You did misunderstand, I said there are no EU and NA, there is just World of warplanes contributors. Granted the players may play on different servers, but the handling and interaction with these people will be through myself or Blindfold (perhaps you missed this part). 

RoyalFlyingCorps #12 Posted 16 November 2018 - 10:13 AM

• Advanced Member
  • 14437 battles
  • [W___P] W___P

Ah, I see.  That’s a rather fine distinction to have been making in the middle of a game, as you were!  No wonder I misunderstood.

So, who are the World Of Warplanes community contributors these days?  Is there a list?  If not, can you provide their names?  Also, are there likely to be any new ones coming shortly?

eekeeboo #13 Posted 16 November 2018 - 10:36 AM

Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 4954 battles

View PostRoyalFlyingCorps, on 16 November 2018 - 10:13 AM, said:

Ah, I see.  That’s a rather fine distinction to have been making in the middle of a game, as you were!  No wonder I misunderstood.

So, who are the World Of Warplanes community contributors these days?  Is there a list?  If not, can you provide their names?  Also, are there likely to be any new ones coming shortly?

The list still stands whom I got on board on behalf of EU:

Roussosphenomenon

Skullmember

M_Graham. 

Those on NA who I know would like to continue: 

DrSinister

Hawkeyededic

Lambo805

Magus

Mars_revenant

Ni4ni

Schultz

R0I #14 Posted 16 November 2018 - 01:00 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 25 battles
nice work eekee good luck 

https://www.wowp.ovh

Let's battle again !

RoyalFlyingCorps #15 Posted 20 November 2018 - 10:44 AM

• Advanced Member
  • 14437 battles
  • [W___P] W___P
Thanks Eek.  No new ones coming along then, it appears.

Having spoken to some of the community contributors over the past few days, they appear no longer to be in communication with the WoWP team since the departures of the NA and EU community managers.  Straightforwardly, is there still a community contributor programme or has it been abandoned?  If it hasn't been abandoned, why have community contributors not heard anything from WoWP?

And again, a question from a player that receives no reply...

Edited by 11poseidon11, 28 December 2018 - 02:49 PM.

johncarps #16 Posted 27 December 2018 - 07:48 PM

First Lieutenant

• Conquest Member
  • 674 battles

View PostRoyalFlyingCorps, on 27 December 2018 - 06:32 PM, said:

qu'elle est la limite pour déclarer l'échec ?

nookian #17 Posted 27 December 2018 - 09:42 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 11 battles
  • [D-303] D-303
edited

Edited by 11poseidon11, 28 December 2018 - 02:46 PM.
This post has been edited by the moderation team due to not being in correct language.

RoyalFlyingCorps #18 Posted 29 December 2018 - 09:19 AM

• Advanced Member
  • 14437 battles
  • [W___P] W___P

View PostRoyalFlyingCorps, on 20 November 2018 - 10:44 AM, said:

Thanks Eek.  No new ones coming along then, it appears.

Having spoken to some of the community contributors over the past few days, they appear no longer to be in communication with the WoWP team since the departures of the NA and EU community managers.  Straightforwardly, is there still a community contributor programme or has it been abandoned?  If it hasn't been abandoned, why have community contributors not heard anything from WoWP?

Why edit my posts, 11posiedon11, so that it appears a question I asked recently is from November and therefore old?  Do you mind being more careful, whoever you are?

The question is current; the Community Contributors appear to have heard nothing from WoWP since Eek's departure for World Of Tanks.  Has the Community Contributor programme been abandoned and, if it hasn't, why have the contributors heard nothing recently?  I can now also ask, if the programme has not been abandoned, why they haven't been used to promote the game over the important Christmas period?

Edited by RoyalFlyingCorps, 29 December 2018 - 09:20 AM.

johncarps #19 Posted 29 December 2018 - 10:23 AM

First Lieutenant

• Conquest Member
  • 674 battles

View PostRoyalFlyingCorps, on 29 December 2018 - 10:19 AM, said:

Why edit my posts, 11posiedon11, so that it appears a question I asked recently is from November and therefore old?  Do you mind being more careful, whoever you are?

The question is current; the Community Contributors appear to have heard nothing from WoWP since Eek's departure for World Of Tanks.  Has the Community Contributor programme been abandoned and, if it hasn't, why have the contributors heard nothing recently?  I can now also ask, if the programme has not been abandoned, why they haven't been used to promote the game over the important Christmas period?

Oh oh
it smells like fess

:)

"

Do not discuss moderation and sanctions

• Read our Forum Rules to understand why your post was moderated"

I know that you like this version and that you participate in community crumbs.
But WG mock the opinion of the players (as was already the case on the old game) only CB stats count.
Sorry

qu'elle est la limite pour déclarer l'échec ?

RoyalFlyingCorps #20 Posted 29 December 2018 - 01:12 PM

• Advanced Member
  • 14437 battles
  • [W___P] W___P
^ The post wasn't moderated.  Several posts were edited together, unchanged, but under an old post from November.  If the editor was being tidy-minded, he should have taken care to make sure the posts were put together in the most recent one to make it clear the question is current.  It's particularly interesting because nobody from WoWP seems inclined to provide an answer about the Community Contributors programme, despite the fact I have now asked two or three times for a clarification.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users