Community Contributor Program

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

RoyalFlyingCorps #41 Posted 11 February 2019 - 11:36 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 14386 battles
  • [W___P] W___P

I see even a comment from a community contributor has drawn no response from the WoWP team.  Why?  What is so controversial about this issue that nobody will comment on the status of the community contributor programme?  Why do community contributors tell me they have not heard from the WoWP team since Eek moved on?  Why does skullmember, who worked hard and long to promote the game, come here to complain about his treatment and that of the community in general only to be ignored?

Everything about the programme and the WoWP team’s complete refusal to answer simple questions about it casts that team in a very bad light.  It suggests strongly that the team could not care less about its players.

I would like answers.  Will somebody from the WoWP team please tell us what is happening concerning the community contributor programme and to the community contributors?

skullmember #42 Posted 12 February 2019 - 02:12 PM

Community Contributor

• 3632 battles
  • [LXGM] LXGM

View PostRoyalFlyingCorps, on 11 February 2019 - 11:36 AM, said:

I see even a comment from a community contributor has drawn no response from the WoWP team.  Why?  What is so controversial about this issue that nobody will comment on the status of the community contributor programme?  Why do community contributors tell me they have not heard from the WoWP team since Eek moved on?  Why does skullmember, who worked hard and long to promote the game, come here to complain about his treatment and that of the community in general only to be ignored?

Everything about the programme and the WoWP team’s complete refusal to answer simple questions about it casts that team in a very bad light.  It suggests strongly that the team could not care less about its players.

I would like answers.  Will somebody from the WoWP team please tell us what is happening concerning the community contributor programme and to the community contributors?

I agree fully with Royal on this one, what the heck is going on. I had to find out through the forums that Eekee left i wasnt informed what so ever, since than it has been quiet. no communication what so ever. I feel like this is not how you handle a game nor their community. I feel like this game is full russian at the moment and you guys at WG don't give a flying turt about us.... i had good hopes for the game but it seems eekee was what kept the game afloat not the devs or the russian side....

RoyalFlyingCorps #43 Posted 13 February 2019 - 07:16 AM

• Advanced Member
  • 14386 battles
  • [W___P] W___P

I'm disheartened by skullmember's treatment, which I know is the same as that at least one other community contributor has experienced.  From the lack of CC activity on Twitch, I infer that none of the CCs have had any contact from the WoWP team since Eek moved on.  Those people were excited to be part of the programme and promoted the game via Twitch and YouTube extensively, all this in their free time.  They were a godsend to a game desperately needing promotion and exposure in order to draw in more players.

I can't begin to think why the WoWP team thinks it no longer needs CCs.  I can't begin to fathom the attitude that leads the team to stop communicating with people who put their limited free time into advertising and explaining the game to an interested audience.  I condemn the team that, collectively, doesn't even have the courtesy to explain, as appears to be the case, that the CCs are no longer part of its plan to promote the game (I use the word 'plan' loosely, since there's little evidence of a plan's existence).

Is there Russian bias, as skullmember hints?  I don't know for sure.  However, the facts that increasing numbers of Western players are beginning to think the WoWP team is taking them for a ride whilst attending to the Russian player base only and that the WoWP team does nothing to correct this impression is a foolish failing.

The treatment of the CCs is deplorable.  However, it goes further than that.  Their treatment is a snub to all players.  It screams at us "we do not care about you, we don't want to tell you anything about our game and we're going to ignore you".  It's not just the atrocious way the Community Contributor programme appears to have been closed, though nobody from the WoWP team has the decency to say so in public, it's mirrored in things like _Neverm1nd_ disappearing with no explanation that I've seen (a topic I raised asking where he had gone was deleted).  Everything the WoWP team does to shut down communication with its players is a slap in the face for us all.  The WoWP team may as well put a large post in its Discord channel and on this forum saying "either shut up and give us your money or go away" (I remember one prominent player being told the latter by a leading member of the WoWP development team when he had the audacity to complain about new developments in the game, so the WoWP team has form in this area).

Frankly, I'm inclined to go away.  I feel I'm regarded, as a player, with contempt by the WoWP team.  More widely, this approach will drive - has driven - people away from the game.  This approach can only kill the game, especially when combined with the buggy mess it has become in recent months.  What could be more stupid?

This all started with a simple question about the status of the Community Contributor programme.  Look where the WoWP team's refusal - and it is a refusal, isn't it? - to answer the question has led us.

Very sad.

* It's indicative of the way things are that I've taken a screen shot of this post.

Edited by RoyalFlyingCorps, 13 February 2019 - 07:32 AM.

Piq_Mastika #44 Posted 13 February 2019 - 07:36 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 5165 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM
Oh, man. This ignoring is stupid. At least they must answer... and tell for example why they are stopping the CC program (if they are stopping it). I guess you have tried with PM with the admins, if not this may be the last chance to contact them.

RoyalFlyingCorps #45 Posted 13 February 2019 - 07:41 AM

• Advanced Member
  • 14386 battles
  • [W___P] W___P

I didn't, because I wanted a public, not private, answer to my question.  In any case, previous PMs on other topics have been ignored so I have no confidence I would have obtained an answer that way.

Edited by RoyalFlyingCorps, 13 February 2019 - 07:41 AM.

Isoruku_Yamamoto #46 Posted 14 February 2019 - 06:51 AM

• Advanced Member
  • 2217 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

Well if theres russian bias, who knows. Im trying to learn russian haha

I think its a shame too theres no response to something as easy yet perhaps sensitive as this.

From what i understood, we dont have any actual EU CCs, only NA&EU or NA or RU CCs. 

That could partially clarify things. 

As for myself: im not a CC, and have in fact put the idea of trying on hold. Im still working on the wiki, but forum and video activity has been severely lacking. 

In my application for the programme there couldve been better support and clearer expectations, i think those who know me know the further sidenotes i had. 

I just hope WG/ WoWP decides to pick this, and some other issues, back up

RoyalFlyingCorps #47 Posted 25 March 2019 - 06:07 AM

• Advanced Member
  • 14386 battles
  • [W___P] W___P
It's more than a month since my last post in this topic.  More or less, I've stopped playing the game.  Pertinently, it appears all the, I suppose I must now call them former, CCs have too.  In fact, apart from Angry_Chilli, I rarely see anybody stream World Of Warplanes these days.

I can't speak for the Russian server.  I do know that there is next to no activity in World Of Warplanes from the former NA and EU server CCs.  Bar the mentioned exception, there's next to no activity from anybody on Twitch.  That can only mean the game is in decline in the West.  What a shame.

RoyalFlyingCorps #48 Posted 25 March 2019 - 06:36 AM

• Advanced Member
  • 14386 battles
  • [W___P] W___P

View PostIsoruku_Yamamoto, on 14 February 2019 - 06:51 AM, said:

From what i understood, we dont have any actual EU CCs, only NA&EU or NA or RU CCs. 

That could partially clarify things.

When Eekeeboo was the community manager for WoWP he selected Skullmember and Roussoss as, specifically, EU community contributors.  The former is based in the UK, the latter in Australia.  Later I believe he added mgraham, based in the United States.  As for the NA server, SonicPariah selected several community contributors, e.g. NI4NI_1.

As we know, Eek chose to move/was moved over to "World Of Tanks" and Sonic disappeared in mysterious circumstances that were never explained, but which looked rather like a dismissal.  Most of the community contributors have stopped streaming the game regularly.  In fact, bar a few recent sessions during the last month frm NI4NI_1, they've stopped streaming the game entirely as far as I'm aware.

_Neverm1nd_ and blindfold were supposed to "take over" from Eek.  They have never communicated with any of the former community contributors to my knowledge.  I believe nobody from the WoWP team  has.  _Neverm1nd_ has since disappeared, again without any explanation that I have seen, and blindfold restricts herself nearly exclusively to posting news snippets and brief responses to the more serious problems in the game.

Prior to Eek's appointment some of the WoWP development team used to get out amongst the community (Discord, Twitch) and indeed stream the game.  That has all stopped, to my knowledge.

Edited by RoyalFlyingCorps, 25 March 2019 - 11:02 AM.

Isoruku_Yamamoto #49 Posted 25 March 2019 - 08:08 AM

• Advanced Member
  • 2217 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM
I'd honestly like to figure out how to stream to Twitch, but it already takes a lot of effort for me to put up youtube vids & i cant imagine streaming would be any less work. 
Also, i havent been playing a lot lately, so that doesnt quite help either, but hey. 

I'll see if i can find some time to figure out how OBS to Twitch streaming works lol

Other than that i quite agree with your post- but of course we as a community could also do our best. And i suppose i could be one of the ppl to say okay, i'm gonna put up more vids, try to stream occasionally etc- but again, i simply havent been playing that much lately 

RoyalFlyingCorps #50 Posted 25 March 2019 - 11:06 AM

• Advanced Member
  • 14386 battles
  • [W___P] W___P

I can’t speak for YouTube contributions, but I can tell you that Angry_Chilli streams WoWP most evenings and I’m fairly sure he’s never been contacted by anybody from WoWP.  The point is, even if the community made efforts to provide content I rather think the WoWP team would ignore this entirely.  As we’ve seen in this thread, nobody in the team will come out and say so, but it appears there is no wish on the part of the team to interact with the playing community - at least in the West.

As content generation around the game is part of what draws players in and keeps them engaged, it appears the WoWP team is not that interested in increasing the player population in the West.  Whether this is due to a lack of will, a lack of resources, a deliberate policy, demoralisation in the team or whatever it is impossible to say.  Whatever the reason, it seems foolish to me.

Edited by RoyalFlyingCorps, 25 March 2019 - 11:13 AM.

Renwor #51 Posted 25 March 2019 - 12:37 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 2085 battles

View PostRoyalFlyingCorps, on 25 March 2019 - 07:36 AM, said:

.., and blindfold restricts herself nearly exclusively to posting news snippets and brief responses to the more serious problems in the game.

And this is a fact? Although basicaly it makes no difference, somehow I took blindfold for "him".  For me it's news which probably would impact my reactions to blindfold entity inputs, because being relatively old school I tend to deal with ladies more politely, particulary with ladies in airplanes game environment. As quite rare species they do deserve special treatment.

GonerNL #52 Posted 25 March 2019 - 02:00 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 7755 battles

Yep.

Eekeeboo corrected me once for referring to blindfold as a he or him ...

Funny that despite the whole equal treatment discussion you would treat females with more respect than males :unsure:

Isoruku_Yamamoto #53 Posted 25 March 2019 - 02:33 PM

• Advanced Member
  • 2217 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM
Well, in my opinion thats pretty irrelevant. What is relevant is that we're hearing very little from either. 
In the mean time we have weird stuff happening such as our clans name having to change & the Demolition Expert skill changing in effect without any notice of it whatsoever. 

I'm a huge fan of this game, of Warships and Tanks aswell- but lack of communication is just such a shame. I've attempted to fix the wiki several times now, but i can't as i still don't have full moderating access and there seems to be no one in all of WG who keeps an eye on the wiki anymore. 
Thats just a shame really- not only this specific situation

RoyalFlyingCorps #54 Posted 25 March 2019 - 04:09 PM

• Advanced Member
  • 14386 battles
  • [W___P] W___P

View PostRenwor, on 25 March 2019 - 12:37 PM, said:

[B]eing relatively old school I tend to deal with ladies more politely, particulary with ladies in airplanes game environment. As quite rare species they do deserve special treatment.

Despite being old, I’m not old school.  Regardless of their sex, race, colour, beliefs or sexual orientation I hate everybody equally.

On blindfold’s occasional appearances on stream with Eek I judged her to be female.  It is possible to be misled by appearances these days, of course.

RoyalFlyingCorps #55 Posted 25 March 2019 - 04:13 PM

• Advanced Member
  • 14386 battles
  • [W___P] W___P

View PostIsoruku_Yamamoto, on 25 March 2019 - 02:33 PM, said:

...& the Demolition Expert skill changing in effect without any notice of it whatsoever.

Ah, shades of last year’s farrago with the unannounced and initially denied nerfing of the Soviet female pilot; it’s nice to know that the WoWP team is still up to its old tricks.

Edited by RoyalFlyingCorps, 25 March 2019 - 04:14 PM.

GonerNL #56 Posted 26 March 2019 - 08:22 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 7755 battles

View PostIsoruku_Yamamoto, on 25 March 2019 - 03:33 PM, said:

& the Demolition Expert skill changing in effect without any notice of it whatsoever. 

you must have missed this in the 2.0.10 patch notes :

Pilot Skills Changes

• The pilot’s injury will now have a greater effect on the use of bombs and rockets. During a critical (red) injury, in addition to reducing accuracy, there will also be a slight decrease in the damage caused.
  • The effect of the Demolition Expert skill on damage and blast radius has been reduced from + 15% to + 10%.

apartclassic #57 Posted 26 March 2019 - 08:30 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 17558 battles
  • [W_R_E] W_R_E

View PostGonerNL, on 26 March 2019 - 08:22 AM, said:

Pilot Skills Changes

• The pilot’s injury will now have a greater effect on the use of bombs and rockets. During a critical (red) injury, in addition to reducing accuracy, there will also be a slight decrease in the damage caused.
  • The effect of the Demolition Expert skill on damage and blast radius has been reduced from + 15% to + 10%.

This ^^. It was clearly stated and already commented on by yours truly, and some others

Edited by apartclassic, 26 March 2019 - 09:24 AM.

You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day

Isoruku_Yamamoto #58 Posted 26 March 2019 - 09:19 AM

• Advanced Member
  • 2217 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

View PostGonerNL, on 26 March 2019 - 08:22 AM, said:

Pilot Skills Changes

Aah yes, i didnt see the full patch notes, only the short version- of which i hadnt realised that it was the short version. 

My bad! :child:

Piq_Mastika #59 Posted 26 March 2019 - 09:45 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 5165 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

View PostIsoruku_Yamamoto, on 26 March 2019 - 11:19 AM, said:

Aah yes, i didnt see the full patch notes, only the short version- of which i hadnt realised that it was the short version. 

My bad! :child:

The full patch notes are not really full. Often we can see some plane is "slightly adjusted". turn? yaw? roll? top speed? acceleration? climb rate? guns? -No idea what.

Isoruku_Yamamoto #60 Posted 26 March 2019 - 10:28 AM

• Advanced Member
  • 2217 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

View PostPiq_Mastika, on 26 March 2019 - 09:45 AM, said:

The full patch notes are not really full. Often we can see some plane is "slightly adjusted". turn? yaw? roll? top speed? acceleration? climb rate? guns? -No idea what.

Well in this case it was listed, i just missed it. 

But i did also notice that the newest aircraft seem to no longer be consistently added to the WG Wiki, which really is a shame in my opinion. 
I try to keep the Wiki sort of up to date- at least, such that it is useable, not perfect. But i can't change all of the technical back end if entire aircraft models are missing :(

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users