• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

Piq_Mastika #61 Posted 26 March 2019 - 10:39 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 5877 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

View PostIsoruku_Yamamoto, on 26 March 2019 - 12:28 PM, said:

Well in this case it was listed, i just missed it. 

But i did also notice that the newest aircraft seem to no longer be consistently added to the WG Wiki, which really is a shame in my opinion. 
I try to keep the Wiki sort of up to date- at least, such that it is useable, not perfect. But i can't change all of the technical back end if entire aircraft models are missing :(

Yes, the info there is very poor and outdated. Tech trees in the site are outdated, too (except the newest aircraft).

blindfoId #62 Posted 26 March 2019 - 11:22 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Developer
  • 22 battles

Please see the original post of the topic:

View Posteekeeboo, on 24 July 2018 - 04:53 PM, said:

Community Contributors are players who assist and help other players of World of Warplanes, such as showing off their love for the game over their Twitch stream or by posting YouTube videos, running a fan site or Facebook page providing helpful answers, writing guides, running in-game events in our contest area, etc. They are basically players who voluntarily dedicate time and energy towards their love for World of Warplanes and in doing so, improve the online community experience for others!

and further.

The CC program is a purely volunteer activity - we are always ready to support players' desire to contribute their time and efforts to the game as well as create any positive content as a part of their involvement and interest to World of Warplanes. The work with the players (both CCs and other players who are interested in creating content and events) from the WG side is support of their activity with bonus codes, early access to the aircraft etc. (which is listed in the first post of the topic as well) if they have this desire to help out the community - forum, discord, reddit members - to create the contests and events, to draw the giveaways, and promote World of Warplanes on different platforms, they are always welcomed and may count on our help when they meet the conditions nicely described in the first post of the topic.

Everything is based on players' desire to contribute and their contribution will surely be rewarded. The general idea is to support those who want to create something beautiful and participate in the life of World of Warplanes, you as a Community Contributor don't work for the program but the program works for you if you are ready to devote your time and efforts. It is very simple: you want to create content and need the support from WG side, you come and you get it. Not the other way around. But. None of the players participating in the CC program (or any other with a desire to participate) contacted anyone from the team which is a very sad but still fact. There also were no any requests from the CCs or proposed activities they needed support with.

Due to lack of activity from the side of the CCs and the author of the topic not being a member of WoWp team anymore this topic has lost its relevance. We are always open to your suggestions in terms of community activities and are willing to support them but if there're no request we cannot answer to them. We are more interested in videos and streams at the moment and if there are any players willing to contribute we will greatly appreciate. I would like to remind you the conditions:

Spoiler

I would encourage you to refresh yourself on our Forum Rules and instead of multiposting contact me directly to attract my attention to a particular issue if you feel the lack of staff presence. I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you.

View PostRoyalFlyingCorps, on 25 March 2019 - 07:09 PM, said:

On blindfold’s occasional appearances on stream with Eek I judged her to be female.  It is possible to be misled by appearances these days, of course.

I think you might have me mistaken for somebody else. I've never appeared on any streams. 

RoyalFlyingCorps #63 Posted 26 March 2019 - 04:47 PM

• Advanced Member
  • 14594 battles
  • [W___P] W___P

I take issue with the criticism about “multiposting” since all of those posts for weeks were ignored, as were DMs to various members of the WoWP team.

However, it’s nice finally to have dragged out a response from the WoWP team.  If only it had addressed the question of why the existing community contributors have been ignored to the point where they have, for the most part, abandoned the game.  To suggest that their lack of activity is the reason they receive no help or support from WoWP is specious in the extreme.  It is entirely the other way around.  Having worked hard to promote the game on a volunteer basis, they have become disheartened, frustrated or angry through being ignored and, by and large, have left.

Do I believe that if I start producing content or streaming the game I am likely to be treated as a community contributor by a welcoming WoWP team?  No, I don’t believe that for a moment.  Instead, I believe I would be, as have the community contributors that were working so hard on behalf of the game previously, ignored.

If you, blindfold, and the WoWP team really want community contributors you’re going to have to do a lot better than sit back and expect them to come to you.  Your record of ill-treatment of recent community contributors stands against you and you will have to reach out, build bridges and convince people that being a community contributor is a worthwhile use of their time.

The ball is very firmly in your court.  Show us you care enough to deserve community contributors.

klbergmen #64 Posted 27 March 2019 - 11:17 AM

• Advanced Member
  • 5210 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

View PostRoyalFlyingCorps, on 25 March 2019 - 06:09 PM, said:

Despite being old, I’m not old school.  Regardless of their sex, race, colour, beliefs or sexual orientation I hate everybody equally.

Sounds like Dirty Harry.

RoyalFlyingCorps #65 Posted 28 March 2019 - 06:59 AM

• Advanced Member
  • 14594 battles
  • [W___P] W___P
"I know what you're thinking. "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?"

Edited by RoyalFlyingCorps, 28 March 2019 - 06:59 AM.

zen_monk_ #66 Posted 28 March 2019 - 08:07 AM

First Lieutenant

• Alpha Tester
  • 7034 battles
  • [__] __
Get off my lawn!

stats were invented by Satan himself to suck the carefree fun out of gaming                  

klbergmen #67 Posted 28 March 2019 - 08:56 AM

• Advanced Member
  • 5210 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM
He was way ahead of his times, still one of my idols :teethhappy:

RoyalFlyingCorps #68 Posted 28 March 2019 - 09:55 AM

• Advanced Member
  • 14594 battles
  • [W___P] W___P
Humphrey Bogart with a (big) handgun.

zen_monk_ #69 Posted 28 March 2019 - 07:18 PM

First Lieutenant

• Alpha Tester
  • 7034 battles
  • [__] __

Do yourself a treat. I know you've all seen Unforgiven, of course, but find the time to play it again. As older you get, the movie kicks harder.

the essence:

Little Bill Daggett:
You just shot an unarmed man.

Bill Munny:
He should have armed himself if he's gonna decorate his saloon with my friend.

stats were invented by Satan himself to suck the carefree fun out of gaming                  

klbergmen #70 Posted 29 March 2019 - 08:13 AM

• Advanced Member
  • 5210 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

View PostblindfoId, on 26 March 2019 - 01:22 PM, said:

Its nice to finally get an answer - after 3 months and 3 pages. But I really didn't expect that the CC's would get blamed for the miserable state this program is in. What would Dirty Harry have said about that...

So are you now responsible for the Community Contributor Program ? (does it still exist ?)

Isoruku_Yamamoto #71 Posted 29 March 2019 - 12:09 PM

• Advanced Member
  • 2234 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM
Well quite frankly, as a side-liner on the Community Contributor programme i've always thought that if i really pushed it- like really, really stepped up my game, started doing vids on a regular basis etc- i'd get proper support from WG. In fact, i get quite nice support already now, even though i'm not in the programme. 

I think however that a misunderstanding on the CC programme is that the current CCs stopped because of WG inactivity towards them. Thats not the way the CC programme works, and on top of that its not quite true either. 

As for WGs side in this: it would be nice if they promoted the programme a bit more i think, since i think good CCs can really help promoting & enabling the game (also keeping it healthy). 

I_Y out. :child:

RoyalFlyingCorps #72 Posted 29 March 2019 - 01:38 PM

• Advanced Member
  • 14594 battles
  • [W___P] W___P

View PostIsoruku_Yamamoto, on 29 March 2019 - 12:09 PM, said:

I think however that a misunderstanding on the CC programme is that the current CCs stopped because of WG inactivity towards them. Thats not the way the CC programme works, and on top of that its not quite true either. 

You are completely and utterly incorrect.

For one thing you’ve ignored the messages from skullmember, one of the ignored community contributors to whom I have referred throughout, in this topic.  For another, I’ve referred to the fact that my contacts with community contributors confirm what I have said; once eekeeboo moved to World Of Tanks they never heard from the World Of Warplanes team again.  As a consequence all but one of them have stopped streaming the game and producing YouTube content.  The one that does stream it does so occasionally, far less than he used to do.

They stopped precisely because of the WoWP’s team’s “inactivity”, as you put it.  Personally, I would characterise it as sheer ignorance tantamount to contemptuous rudeness.  I would also characterise blindfold’s response, coming as it did weeks after I raised the issue, as risibly disingenuous.  The WoWP team has treated its community contributors disgracefully.

My invitation remains on the table; the WoWP team can show us it cares about community contributions and deserves to have any.  It could start by issuing a public apology to the community contributors it has snubbed.

DerLogische #73 Posted 24 April 2019 - 11:19 AM

Airman Basic

• 111 battles

I‘d like to be a german contributor for warplanes, because there are not much in YT. And no new contributor content. I wasn‘t very active in the last few weeks, but no I will create a lot more Warplanes content because it‘s a cool Game and many People don‘t now that it is existing. My english isn‘t very good so I won‘t write much more. Is it a problem that I‘m only 15 years old?

On Discord my tag is [Muh]DerLogische#7871. 

The YT link is https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHiZeQQ1mCvXHi88HBZ3WzQ

I hope you will contact me

In German:

Liebes WoWp-Team, Ich würde mich gerne als Community Contributor bewerben, da es auf YouTube derzeit relativ wenig aktuellen WoWp Content gibt. Ich hab zwar noch nicht so viele Abonnenten, aber das wird sich mit der Zeit hoffentlich noch ändern. In letzter Zeit war ich nicht viel aktiv, das wird sich aber in naher Zukunft ändern. Aus der Zusammenarbeit mit dem WoWp-Team erhoffe ich mir das mehr Spieler zu Warplanes finden und ich auch kleine Wettbewerbe Veranstalten kann was das Spiel attraktiver machen sollte. Ich bin leider erst 15, was hoffentlich kein Problem darstellen sollte. Deshalb kann ich nur am Wochenende Content Produzieren. Über eine Antwort würde ich mich freuen.

Euer Logischer

Edited by DerLogische, 25 April 2019 - 06:50 PM.

RoyalFlyingCorps #74 Posted 24 April 2019 - 01:34 PM

• Advanced Member
  • 14594 battles
  • [W___P] W___P
I guess you have posted a similar plea in the German language forum.  If not, try that.

klbergmen #75 Posted 25 April 2019 - 07:14 AM

• Advanced Member
  • 5210 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

I guess this was more directed towards WG, so its better here than in the german forum.

Would be interesting to see how long it takes them to react...

RoyalFlyingCorps #76 Posted 25 April 2019 - 07:54 AM

• Advanced Member
  • 14594 battles
  • [W___P] W___P
Do not hold your breath.

blindfoId #77 Posted 15 May 2019 - 12:15 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Developer
  • 22 battles

View PostDerLogische, on 24 April 2019 - 02:19 PM, said:

I‘d like to be a german contributor for warplanes, because there are not much in YT. And no new contributor content. I wasn‘t very active in the last few weeks, but no I will create a lot more Warplanes content because it‘s a cool Game and many People don‘t now that it is existing. My english isn‘t very good so I won‘t write much more. Is it a problem that I‘m only 15 years old?

On Discord my tag is [Muh]DerLogische#7871. 

The YT link is https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHiZeQQ1mCvXHi88HBZ3WzQ

I hope you will contact me

In German:

Liebes WoWp-Team, Ich würde mich gerne als Community Contributor bewerben, da es auf YouTube derzeit relativ wenig aktuellen WoWp Content gibt. Ich hab zwar noch nicht so viele Abonnenten, aber das wird sich mit der Zeit hoffentlich noch ändern. In letzter Zeit war ich nicht viel aktiv, das wird sich aber in naher Zukunft ändern. Aus der Zusammenarbeit mit dem WoWp-Team erhoffe ich mir das mehr Spieler zu Warplanes finden und ich auch kleine Wettbewerbe Veranstalten kann was das Spiel attraktiver machen sollte. Ich bin leider erst 15, was hoffentlich kein Problem darstellen sollte. Deshalb kann ich nur am Wochenende Content Produzieren. Über eine Antwort würde ich mich freuen.

Euer Logischer

I'll leave my answer to you here as well.

Thank you very much for contacting me directly. WoWp Team highly appreciates your desire to contribute to the community of our game and we wish you the best of luck. Unfortunately, there are pretty standard criteria for becoming a Community Contributor listed in the dedicated thread. You must be over 18 years old. Also there are certain contributed content criteria:

1)      1000 or more subscribers or followers (combined or on a single platform).

2)      12 contributions or resources already made (Videos, streams, articles or guides).

Still, we are very thankful for your interest in WoWp. I'll be happy to see you around. Good hunting!

RoyalFlyingCorps #78 Posted 15 May 2019 - 01:25 PM

• Advanced Member
  • 14594 battles
  • [W___P] W___P
I’ve never seen those conditions before and the first one would be next to impossible for anybody solely producing WoWP content.

blindfoId #79 Posted 16 May 2019 - 12:12 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Developer
  • 22 battles

View PostRoyalFlyingCorps, on 15 May 2019 - 04:25 PM, said:

I’ve never seen those conditions before and the first one would be next to impossible for anybody solely producing WoWP content.

It has always been written in the first post of the thread. :)

RoyalFlyingCorps #80 Posted 16 May 2019 - 12:13 PM

• Advanced Member
  • 14594 battles
  • [W___P] W___P
RIP Community Contributors then.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users