Jump to content


General Guides


  • Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

eekeeboo #1 Posted 24 July 2018 - 01:59 PM

    Community Manager

  • WG Staff
  • 3780 battles
  • 1,566
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012
This section is for guides about the game in general, maybe a particular graphical setting. Game options or other instance like joystick control and set-up. This is the place to share your expertise and knowledge with other players, help shorten that learning curve! 

NatteFrost #2 Posted 05 August 2018 - 09:02 AM

    Master Sergeant

  • Beta Tester
  • 796 battles
  • 77
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

Request:

a Guide the describes what happends to the plane preformance when you have yellow dmg. Spesificly what does it affect and how does it affect it.



Isoruku_Yamamoto #3 Posted 05 August 2018 - 10:51 AM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Advanced Member
  • 1723 battles
  • 276
  • [BBMM] BBMM
  • Member since:
    07-02-2015

View PostNatteFrost, on 05 August 2018 - 09:02 AM, said:

Request:

a Guide the describes what happends to the plane preformance when you have yellow dmg. Spesificly what does it affect and how does it affect it.

 

Yellow damage reduces the effectiveness of a modules normal performance. 

For wings: Decreased lift (altitude performance) & turns manoeuvrability

For tails: decreased altitude control (yaw control), which makes vertical pull ups a lot harder. 

For engine: boost has less effect, i think it regains at the same rate (not sure). 

 

Pilot: Decreases effectiveness of all tasks the pilot does (aiming accuracy, aiming rate of fire, manoeuvrability etc) by a bit

Gunner: Decreases effectiveness of all tasks the gunner does (aiming accuracy, aiming rate of fire) by a bit

 

When red, the same globally applies, except the effect is more drastic. Also, two special cases:

Red engine: no boost possible

Red gunner: gunner does not shoot at all



NatteFrost #4 Posted 07 August 2018 - 07:33 PM

    Master Sergeant

  • Beta Tester
  • 796 battles
  • 77
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

This is in reality a question but its info should allso be part of rookie guides if someone ever made them.

 

On the altitude and speed meter you have 3 coloured sections: white, yellow and red. What is their purpose?

 



eekeeboo #5 Posted 07 August 2018 - 07:47 PM

    Community Manager

  • WG Staff
  • 3780 battles
  • 1,566
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostNatteFrost, on 07 August 2018 - 07:33 PM, said:

This is in reality a question but its info should allso be part of rookie guides if someone ever made them.

 

On the altitude and speed meter you have 3 coloured sections: white, yellow and red. What is their purpose?

 

 

White is "optimal" = you're good your engine will perform in it's best area. In yellow you're pushing it and your plane is likely to lose speed and energy quickly. In red you're REALLY pushing it and you're going to become a brick very quickly unless you have a strong engine, but as soon as you turn or bleed speed you will suffer doom! 

Isoruku_Yamamoto #6 Posted 08 August 2018 - 12:00 AM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Advanced Member
  • 1723 battles
  • 276
  • [BBMM] BBMM
  • Member since:
    07-02-2015

View Posteekeeboo, on 07 August 2018 - 07:47 PM, said:

 

White is "optimal" = you're good your engine will perform in it's best area. In yellow you're pushing it and your plane is likely to lose speed and energy quickly. In red you're REALLY pushing it and you're going to become a brick very quickly unless you have a strong engine, but as soon as you turn or bleed speed you will suffer doom! 

Yellow mostly occurs when flying above optimal speed, so you need additional power (gravity, boost) to maintain that speed.

The same goes for red when at high speeds. High speed red also reduces controlability a tad i think (?)

 

Low speed red indicates stalling. The aircraft will lose lift and fall out of the sky- regaining normal control as velocity increases (due to gravity and or engine power).

Note that RED can thus indicate two situations. One wants you to pull up and slow down, the other wants you to use your engine and put your nose down.

 

So far, the plane with most severe stall behaviour for me is the Fw109 A-5 tierVI german multi. Sometimes falls out of the sky like a brick if you turn too much



eekeeboo #7 Posted 08 August 2018 - 07:37 AM

    Community Manager

  • WG Staff
  • 3780 battles
  • 1,566
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostIsoruku_Yamamoto, on 08 August 2018 - 12:00 AM, said:

 

 

Yellow and red speed is where you are hitting terminal velocity. You're wasting energy and when your plane starts to shake you're basically becoming more of a lawn dart than a plane. You will lose a lot of ability to maneuver when you hit red top speed. Planes like the XF90 will demonstrate this to great effect. 

Isoruku_Yamamoto #8 Posted 09 August 2018 - 10:19 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Advanced Member
  • 1723 battles
  • 276
  • [BBMM] BBMM
  • Member since:
    07-02-2015

View Posteekeeboo, on 08 August 2018 - 07:37 AM, said:

 

Yellow and red speed is where you are hitting terminal velocity. You're wasting energy and when your plane starts to shake you're basically becoming more of a lawn dart than a plane. You will lose a lot of ability to maneuver when you hit red top speed. Planes like the XF90 will demonstrate this to great effect. 

All completely true, but both red and yellow are also shown at (resp under and slightly above) stall speed. 

At least in vanilla settings.

 

In both cases (stall and high velocity) it leads to the discussed loss of controlability.



0berhessen #9 Posted 16 August 2018 - 07:20 AM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Advanced Member
  • 551 battles
  • 231
  • [LULOH] LULOH
  • Member since:
    06-27-2016

Question about Camouflage, specially on Groundattackers:

In pre 2.0 a camouflaged Groundattacker was almost invisible if you fly at 50 meters or below (if i remember right)

How did that change with 2.0 and how did the change of Camouflage in general work in 2.0?

 

From my experience camouflage does not have the same effect in 2.x as there are more airplanes (defence planes/bots other humans)

in the air that keep on spotting you.

 

What is your experience?



GonerNL #10 Posted 16 August 2018 - 07:55 AM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Advanced Member
  • 3459 battles
  • 313
  • Member since:
    09-02-2017

The camouflage as in paint job or the concealing livery that was replaced by reinforced skin ??

Btw ; I definitely feel more vulnerable in my 'new' GA's compared to the old equipment combo I used.



eekeeboo #11 Posted 16 August 2018 - 11:40 AM

    Community Manager

  • WG Staff
  • 3780 battles
  • 1,566
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View Post0berhessen, on 16 August 2018 - 07:20 AM, said:

 

 

Camouflage isn't as complicated as it was before, generally now as soon as you're spotted by a plane on your team you are reported to the rest of your team. It is possible to stay hidden and navigate using terrain to stay concealed, camouflage will help you with this. Personally over-all I feel that the 10% isn't as important as it once once with the new visibility system too, combined with the fact if you're not being spotted, then you're probably in the wrong place! 

GonerNL #12 Posted 16 August 2018 - 11:56 AM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Advanced Member
  • 3459 battles
  • 313
  • Member since:
    09-02-2017

Eh, spotted by the enemy team you mean ?

 

I regularly fly very low and over rivers and thru valleys in GA ; don't know if it's the camouflage, but I see enemy planes overhead and they don't seem to see me ...



eekeeboo #13 Posted 16 August 2018 - 02:21 PM

    Community Manager

  • WG Staff
  • 3780 battles
  • 1,566
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostGonerNL, on 16 August 2018 - 11:56 AM, said:

 

 

quite possibly, but yes you only need spotting by 1 enemy bot or ada on the enemy team and you're reported to the rest of the team. Sometimes the bots may not try to focus on you because they have other stuff to do and generally bots try to avoid dives of certain angles unless they're being shot at. 

0berhessen #14 Posted 17 August 2018 - 07:41 AM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Advanced Member
  • 551 battles
  • 231
  • [LULOH] LULOH
  • Member since:
    06-27-2016

Bots in general seem to rarely attack GA´s. I havent been attacked by Bot Fighters/Multi/Heavys/GA´s much while in a GA myself.

Just the Defence planes shoot at me while conquering a base.



eekeeboo #15 Posted 17 August 2018 - 10:15 AM

    Community Manager

  • WG Staff
  • 3780 battles
  • 1,566
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View Post0berhessen, on 17 August 2018 - 07:41 AM, said:

Bots in general seem to rarely attack GA´s. I havent been attacked by Bot Fighters/Multi/Heavys/GA´s much while in a GA myself.

Just the Defence planes shoot at me while conquering a base.

 

Bots will generally focus higher priority targets than GAA, if there are no other aircraft in the sector but a GAA, then the GAA will be focused, generally GAA tend to be low to the ground as well, which ai doesn't like doing too much as the pathing tries to avoid crashing into the floor. 

klbergmen #16 Posted 17 August 2018 - 10:44 AM

    Master Sergeant

  • Advanced Member
  • 2609 battles
  • 85
  • [JV44] JV44
  • Member since:
    08-13-2014

View Post0berhessen, on 16 August 2018 - 07:20 AM, said:

Question about Camouflage, specially on Groundattackers:

In pre 2.0 a camouflaged Groundattacker was almost invisible if you fly at 50 meters or below (if i remember right)

How did that change with 2.0 and how did the change of Camouflage in general work in 2.0?

 

From my experience camouflage does not have the same effect in 2.x as there are more airplanes (defence planes/bots other humans)

in the air that keep on spotting you.

 

What is your experience?

 

Somewhere was a guide how spotting in 2.0 works (I don't have the link)

There it was written that hight has no impact anymore on spotting/concealment, means flying low doesn't help to not get detected.



NatteFrost #17 Posted 17 August 2018 - 10:51 AM

    Master Sergeant

  • Beta Tester
  • 796 battles
  • 77
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View Posteekeeboo, on 17 August 2018 - 10:15 AM, said:

 

Bots will generally focus higher priority targets than GAA, if there are no other aircraft in the sector but a GAA, then the GAA will be focused, generally GAA tend to be low to the ground as well, which ai doesn't like doing too much as the pathing tries to avoid crashing into the floor. 

 

usualy the ground attacker is the higest priority imo cuz AA wont engage them as they are too low.

if there are 2 or 3 AI ground attackers on the teams, the team that can best protect them usualy wins. bombers dont matter cuz they are currently not functioning as they are ment to.

 


Edited by NatteFrost, 17 August 2018 - 10:51 AM.


eekeeboo #18 Posted 17 August 2018 - 11:44 AM

    Community Manager

  • WG Staff
  • 3780 battles
  • 1,566
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

https://blog.worldof...ilty-system-20/ - Spotting mechanic

 

https://blog.worldof...er-more-useful/ - AA mechanics. 


Edited by eekeeboo, 17 August 2018 - 11:45 AM.





2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users