You know what? I forgot how fun training battles can be.

bbmm training fun training battles teamwork Beer Belly Master Mindz

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Timewarp76 #1 Posted 03 August 2018 - 07:01 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 1132 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

Hello Pilots,

As I am drinking my morning coffee I figured I would add some thoughts about our flying escapades last night. For the first time in a very long time, a few of the BBMM members decided to put away the idea of grinding, and credits, and xp. Yep put all of that away and just play World of Warplanes for some fun and LULs. So we put all of our typical grindy thoughts away nice and tidy in the back of the hanger somewhere and just decided to play a no requirements, or expectations set of games. Some may ask well so what did you do then? What I did was, I created a training room. I spent a few minutes looking through the maps, trying to avoid maps with strongholds and mining plants (thinking most of the guys would like to fly other planes than a GAA or Bombers) at this point and jotted down the titles of a few maps that just had garrisons and rockets stations. Since there were five of us, I asked the guys, hey we don't have an even number of players, would everyone like to be on one team and just play some CoOP battles against the bots for a change of pace and to get warmed up? 

To my surprise, everyone was all in. So with a grin on my face, a beer on my desk and some chattering pilots in my ears, I started setting up the training room and the bot team. Fortunately in training battles you can setup the bot behavior so that they are very easy, middle difficult and or very hard (I forget the actual nomenclature, easy, veteran and warrior or something to that effect). Anyway for our first battle I decided to let the system decide and I set it to random. As I was going through the menu's and deciding how to setup the bot tean and behavior we were discussing in discord as to how many bots we should fight against. Just for the Luls I threw out the random number 12 and again to my surprise a few of the fellas we're all for it (5 vs. 12, seems fair right) lol,  and so I said hey what do we have to loose other than a little WoWP kutoz and some pride ;-) and a few man cards. :-)

Long story short the match ended up being a draw. But I have to say, I reveled in the comradery and team work that was shown. There is something in CoOP that brings out the good side of people and their gameplay. We all had fun, got to shoot some stuff and a lot of the guys got to enjoy some true wingman action. Working together to take bases and cover each others tail. It was teamwork at it's finest and nice to see in game. We completed a few more games with some victories as well and ended the evening with our spirits high. Yes we missed out on some XP and a few Credits but we did have a load of fun in the process.

Its been ages since we as a clan did some fun training / CoOP battles and last evening was very refreshing just to play for fun and forget about the preverbal grind that pretty much all of the Wargaming titles are based on. You know what? The more I think about it, I believe World of Warships has gotten it right. They also offer a CoOP mode but you can actually gain XP by fighting in the ship battles. Granted it's only a portion of the XP that is gained compared to fighting in a Random battle, which is rightly fair since those battles as a general rule have a lower skills cap. Nevertheless I can clearly see the appeal for those players that want to play the game, don't care as much about the grind, but also want to play on a team. I can also see some validity to implementing such a mode in WoWP. I mean just on my own experience in the mode I can see me inviting some friends over to grab a few games of CoOP or even  better, taking a few new players in and teaching them some of the basics. 

All in all a good evening and I look forward to more.

- TW

[BBMM] Beer Belly Master Mindz (recruiting) - English Speaking - Mature
If you are interested in having some fun and hanging out with a good crowd, look us up! Our primary  game language is English and we have members from all over the EU and even a few Americans living in Germany as well. We are typically online nightly around 2100 CET. Feel free to stop by and say hi, our voice server is Discord here is the link https://:  discord.gg/mezA43q

zen_monk_ #2 Posted 03 August 2018 - 07:19 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Alpha Tester
  • 5838 battles
  • [__] __

CoOP rulez!

nice read, +1

stats were invented by Satan himself to suck the carefree fun out of gaming

eekeeboo #3 Posted 03 August 2018 - 10:11 AM

Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 4787 battles
Thanks, there has been a look into doing a PvE game mode, but it's finding it space on the pile of things to do. I will say it sounds a lot like you enjoyed the more competitive play style also of having wing-men and required strategy you can get from tournaments. 

B3RG #4 Posted 03 August 2018 - 10:28 AM

Senior Airman

• 609 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

There was a full 24 player community contributer training battle going on to last night .

@the same time we playing

Edited by B3RG, 03 August 2018 - 10:28 AM.

eekeeboo #5 Posted 03 August 2018 - 12:19 PM

Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 4787 battles

View PostB3RG, on 03 August 2018 - 10:28 AM, said:

There was a full 24 player community contributer training battle going on to last night .

@the same time we playing

Aye I'm hoping we can get more of these going more frequently hence the allocation of codes to those who want/need them if they're going to help with events organised by the community :) 

NatteFrost #6 Posted 03 August 2018 - 04:17 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 1337 battles

prolly the only thing i miss from my time in wot, was clan wars training whit my clans.

testing different tacs, studying maps, sparring matches whit other clans or internaly.

while a t10 engame mode for the clans are important down the line, what is more important is giving the clans their first gamemode activity where they can gather their members and do things together.

a pve mode might be sutch a thing, or something pvp related in the middle tiers.

Caladan12 #7 Posted 05 August 2018 - 12:18 PM

Airman Basic

• 34 battles
As a WoW Coop/Operations player, i have to say I would spend a fair amount of hours (0 atm) per day here if it had Coop mode :D - i tried WoP out some months ago and its fine, but i am not really interested in randoms/tourn mode with all the stress and matchmaking rng and bunch of random people screaming at each other :D - in coop there is no camping and past tier 6 bots have higher skill than majority of players :D so sometimes when half of your team derps to bots a sudden cooperation is required :D People still manage to insult each other even in coop but it doesn't happen often :D

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users