Crash before the squall, fair or not?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Renwor #1 Posted 08 August 2018 - 11:31 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 854 battles

I am wondering, after squall line arrives, respawn time is over and it's  "playoff" time, dead stays dead. it is known.

So the topic for discussion:  How dirty tactics is it, to "make myself die" just before squalline? If I do so, I start the playoff with full HP pool, fool boost pool, I may to some extend also choose when and where to respawn. 

If I don't do so, I may enter playoff in pretty bad condition, on a spot with too many reds around me, so it's game over in few seconds.

My conscience tells me this intentional crash is fishy tactics at best, but apart from my conscience it appears to be full of advantages.

Opinions? 

zen_monk_ #2 Posted 08 August 2018 - 11:36 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Alpha Tester
  • 3980 battles
  • [__] __

I do it whenever I'm low on health.

Nothing dirty in it, plain tactics.

stats were invented by Satan himself to suck the carefree fun out of gaming

CheefCoach #3 Posted 08 August 2018 - 11:40 AM

• Conquest Member
  • 3088 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

Crushing had it consequences. I reduces the chances for certain medals. Also one lose time needed to re spawn, time to get to the some sector, or enemy can flip sector in ones apstance. In most of cases, when somebody get into your tail, you are dead regardless of how much hp you have.

So it isn't unfair, but it is little dirty. 

https://stats-sig.eu/wowp/CheefCoach/ussr/xs/en/sig.png

Horcan #4 Posted 08 August 2018 - 12:04 PM

• Beta Tester
  • 3170 battles
  • [_VI_] _VI_
It mostly lead to retarded, exploiting tactics, like crashing before it so you finish game full hp, or staying in someone's tail for 20-25 seconds without shooting, just to kill him 1 second before squall line and prevent him from playing last 2-3 minutes of the game. But as always, our opinion doesnt matter , thats why this game is so successfull. All those are great tactics in their view, so they wont even consider removing squall line, or making same respawn times for everybody ( in conquest, not talking about attrition) .

Isoruku_Yamamoto #5 Posted 08 August 2018 - 12:20 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 2065 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

It would be cool if the squall indicator wasnt fully clear, but had a 5-10s clearance.

That way intentional crashing becomes harder, as does holding fire on a target till squall kicks in.

I currently do squall crash, squall kill etc, because its a simple exploit of game mechanics. 

I do not consider it unfair, since each player has access to it. However, i agree for a good bit with horcan that it encourageous wrong behaviour a bit.

On the other hand, i mostly just play safe for the minute(s) before squall, which would be the type of behaviour squall encourageoyus- carefull, well-tought through gameplay.

So i think squall is good, but just giving slight variety in the timers reduces abuse by over 50% i guess

Renwor #6 Posted 08 August 2018 - 01:04 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 854 battles
So, lets speak in the terms WG understands. They will not hear about "respawn is bad".  What about "move squall line just at the very begining of the battle" ?

Renwor #7 Posted 08 August 2018 - 01:53 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 854 battles
Not fully true Desper. If you kill them fast enough (anywhere) they cannot do what they want to do.  It's true first you have to get an advantage, then you may maintain it out of circles. 

eekeeboo #8 Posted 08 August 2018 - 02:39 PM

Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 4156 battles
I advise against crashing before squall unless you know you're going to die regardless. By holding out you pay less in repairs, make more profit usually get more xp and you will have a better chance at epic achievements. 

Nishi_Kinuyo #9 Posted 08 August 2018 - 04:41 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 573 battles
  • [GUP] GUP

Rarely worth it imo, because chances are you'll respawn too late to make much of an impact.

houghtonbee #10 Posted 08 August 2018 - 06:15 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 1589 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM
I always hold off finishing a kill if I can so it happens after the squall line comes in. If I'm low on hp and have only been killed once max I'll suicide to get the full hp unless our spawn is miles from the action. Just sensible game play imo.

Leirix #11 Posted 09 August 2018 - 06:30 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Conquest Member
  • 172 battles
  • [FEED] FEED
It is simply smart to crash with low HP and it frustrates the flight, that followed you to the edge of the map to kill you immediately after squall.
Ego sum magistratus et supra ortographiam! :)

0berhessen #12 Posted 09 August 2018 - 06:34 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 1291 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

There is pros and cons for crashing before the squall line.

The Pros you named yourself:

- you come back with full HP and full boost - but thats it so far. Maybe a benefit if only bots in the enemy team are alive...

The Cons:

- depending how many times you have been shot before, and if your team holds an airfield, it may take several seconds to respawn

meanwhile you can´t help your team...

- theres always a chance of "automatic" recovery of your hitpoints to a level around 50% hitpoints as long as you dont shoot an enemy or you      get any bullets into your plane. Maybe you can even take or fly to an airfield and repair completely...

In my opinion it depends much on the situation and the state of the enemy team and the remaining enemy human pilots. I crashed rarely before the squall line and if so i always tried to do it in the last seconds of the countdown. I cant say that i have turned a battle with it... 

Sometimes it is hard to find the right Moment for a crash, as you watch the countdown and you have to decide: "do i shoot that enemy, or where can i quickly move to crash". Maybe you have to dive from a good altitude...

My strategy is like this:

I dont completely shoot the enemy down which i am hunting short before the countdown ends. Then if the countdown goes 3..2..1.. zero i send him to the hangar. Thats at least one enemy that does not come back...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users