Patch 2.0.6 Content & Changes Feedback

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

eekeeboo #1 Posted 30 August 2018 - 02:52 PM

Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 5026 battles

Greetings pilots,

Update 2.0.6 has been with us for over a week now with all it's fun, It's time to share the impressions of the changes.

Please respond using the format below:

1. Strengths and weaknesses of the new Soviet bombers (if you have already had a chance to test them). With overall impressions, opinion on the line.

2. Combat balance changes:
a)Has ​it become more difficult to use bombers at low altitude?
b)Has it become more comfortable to bomb at the optimal altitude?
c)Has it become more comfortable to play on GAAs after the improvements made to rear turrets and reducing the damage from bombs and rockets?
d)Do you feel any difference in using bomber turrets after the update?

3. Did you have the opportunity to reassemble equipment? If yes, is it clear enough, what and why it is needed and how to reassemble?

4. Have you noticed changes in AI behavior (ally and enemy bots, not ADA). If so, do you think that the bots have now more adequate combat behavior?

Note that any posts which do not follow the proposed format will be un-approved. Keep your feedback constructive and on-topic. 

Thank you for your answers!

Horcan #2 Posted 11 September 2018 - 10:10 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 5917 battles
  • [ODV] ODV

1. I like the tier 5-6 ones, you can play them like a heavy when you need to because of the front weapons ( especially for taking out bomber competition or some low hp planes ).

2. I still dont like the fact that you cant choose if you want autolevel or not, since sometimes i choose to lift my nose so rear gunner can shoot at a plane under my altitude. But im forced to not use rear view since if i do it , plane level and i cant shoot again.

I dont really enjoy bomber class, they are boring to play, and except a couple like RB-17, its suicide to go down and fight, most turrets are too weak to even consider a fair fight. It all depends what players are in the enemy team. If you have strong enemies, you'll have a miserable experience playing bombers, which change completely if there are only bad players. I always thought the engagement altitude should be as close as possible to improve gameplay, not split it in two, ground level and stratosphere. So overall i can say im not happy that bombers were introduced in random battles ( they would be ok in PvE scenarios like WoWs have ).

3 Reassemble is ok, as long as everyone has choice how he like to do it. I personally will never use tokens for it, but the roll all again only with credits is ok ( dont have any use for the 118 millions i have anyway ).

4. ADA is way too strong and accurate , especially at lower level, up to tier 5-6. Also AA guns.

Also the new disengage thing is annoying as hell, and come back 30 seconds later just to run away again with 10 HP. Also i noticed that sometimes you get a dedicated heavy bot when playing bomber, that will always set his course to engage you during the entire battle ( i know you will deny it like always , but thats what happened to me in several games ).

BUt you know my oppinion about bots in general , that i want them gone or only used in pve. Either its pvp or its pve. Mixing it only cause people to be pissed , especially when bots influence the battle outcome ( to give win to the side in which humans were worse ).

Retired from this censored BS forum

klbergmen #3 Posted 12 September 2018 - 08:00 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 5210 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

1. Strengths and weaknesses of the new Soviet bombers (if you have already had a chance to test them). With overall impressions, opinion on the line.

In the forum people complained that they are not good but I don't agree. The first one is ok, the second one (AR) I think is very good. I'm not sure yet how to use the Pe-2, its agile but forward firing weapon is weak (historically correct) and I'm not sure if it has enough HP for dogfighting with heavies and bombers. The forth bomber I don't have.

The first two are standard bombers, the Pe-2 is not - what is the idea how it should be used ?

Something has to be done in general about specialization for Bombers - most of them are not able to collect air kills to get it. Also that bombsight and bombrack are only available after specialization is not fair.

2. Combat balance changes

I don't think they were announce properly - this has to be improved.

3. Did you have the opportunity to reassemble equipment? If yes, is it clear enough, what and why it is needed and how to reassemble?

It is a bit expensive but ok. But its totally hidden. Two days ago I talked to a clanmember that knows calibration and enhancement really good - he had no idea that this exists.

4. Have you noticed changes in AI behavior (ally and enemy bots, not ADA). If so, do you think that the bots have now more adequate combat behavior?

If a player asks for help they should try to help. I don't mean that they should ignore everything else but if somebody close to them asks for help and they don't have a target then the one attacking the player should go up in their priority list (not neccessarily to the top)

klbergmen #4 Posted 22 October 2018 - 10:53 AM

• Advanced Member
  • 5210 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

After some time some revised feedback from me.

The two Pe-2 are pretty useless. They are too weak to take the flak or attack other bombers and they don't have enough punch against ground targets. I have no idea what their intended role is.

The two low tier bombers are better but the He-111 is much better than the Ar-2.

Whoever spend time to get them in the event wasted his time. With the change to camos the event camos became useless - especially for bombers which cannot evade flak while they have to aim. As far as I know none of the soviet bombers can fly high enough to evade flak.

2. Combat balance changes:
The firing range for Bombers was resticted too much. Enemies coming from below can fire at the bomber while he cannot fire back (flying level)

The firing range for GAA was ok before the change, now it's too much. 

This was a good change, although its very expensive. I guess only long time players with a big stock of silver can afford this.

In mid and high tier the bots are better and that's good. In some planes with sniper guns they are maybe a bit too deadly. 

I found that in heavies and multiroles with big bombs I pretty often bomb myself while not flying at extreme low level. For example in the Beaufighter and Corsair I get damaged by my own bombs while flying level over the target. (no tricks to get the bomb pass me)

dreambill #5 Posted 23 October 2018 - 04:52 PM

• Conquest Member
  • 5015 battles
  • [GR-12] GR-12

View Postklbergmen, on 22 October 2018 - 10:53 AM, said:

In mid and high tier the bots are better and that's good. In some planes with sniper guns they are maybe a bit too deadly. 

I found that in heavies and multiroles with big bombs I pretty often bomb myself while not flying at extreme low level. For example in the Beaufighter and Corsair I get damaged by my own bombs while flying level over the target. (no tricks to get the bomb pass me)

These two matters must be addressed. I also got killed from my bombs (in GA) some times after last patch.

And the "surprise you are dead" from 1 km away tier 9-10 Russian multies is pathetic. You never even see them in your vicinity, or they got you from 1 Km wile you turn and dogfight hard with others.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users