Bots ramming and AAA at low tiers 1-3

Bots Ramming aaa bots

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

m249jim #1 Posted 01 September 2018 - 04:03 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 4528 battles

In a recent update, reference was made to a change in behavior of bots, this has noticeably reduced the amount of suicidal/head-on ramming attack by bot at high tiers, but Ao 192 bots still seem to like to do this at low tiers.

Additionally, AAA, this really adds little benefit to the game other than being targets, at high tiers, the AAA fire is an annoyance, but at low tiers, the damage is excessive, and a couple of hits can kill you/severely damage you; where as the same hits, say in a tier 8 will just knock a few HP off your total.   On top of that, generally in low tier battles, AAA is too hard to destroy vs higher tiers, as you just don't have the guns (and you can't rely on bots who make up the majority of the aircraft in low tiers to actually do anything useful like take out the AAA, so even if your a fighter, you have to do it yourself).

Would be nice to see whatever changes in behavior to the higher tier bots replicated to the lower tiers, and AAA re-balance to improve the gaming experience.

Vule777 #2 Posted 01 September 2018 - 05:14 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 3618 battles

I don't know about tier 1-3 but I did noticed in tier 4-8 that they reduced stupid ramming.

Agreed with AAA, it is so annoying that you can't play normal, I just get heavy fighter tier 7 and I can't do more than 4000 dmg.

houghtonbee #3 Posted 01 September 2018 - 05:20 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 4198 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM
The light fighter defence bots wont ram but the HF ones still go mental for it. 

eekeeboo #4 Posted 03 September 2018 - 11:57 AM

Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 5021 battles

Bots will usually go for the ram if they feel they have the firepower or hp advantage. In a right of way fashion. They won't calculate speed or chance of using rockets etc. Especially ADA are far more simple and are likely to try and fly through you than around you if their programming means they will be able to win the engagement either way. 

I understand it's a grievance but once you understand the behaviour you should always avoid going head-on unless you know for certain you will win. 

Changes to AA and AAA have been suggested, I would like to ask first if you have taken time to read up on the mechanics of the AA? 

Vule777 #5 Posted 03 September 2018 - 01:40 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 3618 battles

View Posteekeeboo, on 03 September 2018 - 11:57 AM, said:

Bots will usually go for the ram if they feel they have the firepower or hp advantage. In a right of way fashion. They won't calculate speed or chance of using rockets etc. Especially ADA are far more simple and are likely to try and fly through you than around you if their programming means they will be able to win the engagement either way. 

I understand it's a grievance but once you understand the behaviour you should always avoid going head-on unless you know for certain you will win. 

Changes to AA and AAA have been suggested, I would like to ask first if you have taken time to read up on the mechanics of the AA? 

Now there is more and more real players who ramming. :D

I manage to avoid AA guns if I'm in light fighter but if there is other players than is harder to avoid and destroy AA. If I play light I always go first and destroy that crap that shooting and make room for heavies, but not everybody do that, most of players runs in middle and die like flys. :D

Edited by Vule777, 03 September 2018 - 01:42 PM.

eekeeboo #6 Posted 03 September 2018 - 01:52 PM

Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 5021 battles

View PostVule777, on 03 September 2018 - 01:40 PM, said:

There are other tricks like going in after the enemy team has entered, making sure you never fly level and straight (even just yawing left and right or rolling will help). As you say not everyone uses tactics and thus get punished for it. I'm not sure that's necessarily a bad thing though! 

Horcan #7 Posted 05 September 2018 - 09:13 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 5493 battles
  • [ODV] ODV
Up to tier 5 both AA is too strong ( with 1-3 fighters you can lose more than half hp before you even get in range to shoot at it ) and HF defense bots are way too accurate, both white and red ones ( especially those beaufighters sometimes shred you in a mater of 2-3 sec, that you dont even have the time to react ). Sometimes at 1-3 tier, there is just a continuous wall of text with defense bot and AA killing whatever newbie or bots belonging in either team gets close , that are uncapable of killing even a single of those 192 and cap a garrison.
Retired from this censored BS forum

Also tagged with Bots Ramming, aaa, bots

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users