Bug with reversed view & controls

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

GonerNL #1 Posted 08 September 2018 - 03:00 PM

First Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 14241 battles

has been around for ages.

upon respawning you get a view of your plane from the front, not from behind as usual.

also controls are FUBAR, reversed/mirrored/upside-down ; nothing works as it should and plane is completely uncontrollable

yes, i created a ticket and always start with clear cache..

Posted Image

Edited by GonerNL, 10 September 2018 - 09:42 PM.

dreambill #2 Posted 11 September 2018 - 05:12 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 6169 battles
  • [GR-12] GR-12
I occasionally have a problem after respawn, that my map renders my position and heading wrong, making it useless.

GonerNL #3 Posted 15 September 2018 - 12:12 PM

First Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 14241 battles

can anybody from WG (@eekeeboo) confirm if this is a known bug ?

support wants me to update graphic drivers, start in safe mode etc .. but I've read more reports of this glitch, so I guess it's just another bug and not something in my setup.

eekeeboo #4 Posted 16 September 2018 - 03:28 PM

Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 5044 battles

View PostGonerNL, on 15 September 2018 - 12:12 PM, said:

can anybody from WG (@eekeeboo) confirm if this is a known bug ?

support wants me to update graphic drivers, start in safe mode etc .. but I've read more reports of this glitch, so I guess it's just another bug and not something in my setup.

I don't know of this bug personally, at least I haven't read about it enough to stick in my memory. The reason you'll be asked to supply that information and carry out set procedure is to help support narrow down the specific issue and then help the developers concentrate efforts in fixing the issue (if there is a bug). 

GonerNL #5 Posted 16 September 2018 - 08:49 PM

First Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 14241 battles

View Posteekeeboo, on 16 September 2018 - 03:28 PM, said:

(if there is a bug). 

If there is a bug ?

So it might be my graphic drivers or the mod that puts and asterisk at bots names that make the game show my plane from the wrong side and reverse the controls ?? :ohmy:

Anghiari #6 Posted 17 September 2018 - 06:37 AM

Senior Airman

• 3577 battles

I've got this bug two times in last two-three weeks.

I don't use any mods :)

Simply solved changing view direction few times.

GonerNL #7 Posted 17 September 2018 - 07:39 AM

First Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 14241 battles

View PostAnghiari, on 17 September 2018 - 06:37 AM, said:

Simply solved changing view direction few times.

Which view direction ??

From pilot to bomb sight ?

Anghiari #8 Posted 17 September 2018 - 07:49 AM

Senior Airman

• 3577 battles
Simply changing from reverse view to front , side etc, I'm using hat on top of the joystick.

eekeeboo #9 Posted 17 September 2018 - 09:50 AM

Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 5044 battles

View PostGonerNL, on 16 September 2018 - 08:49 PM, said:

There is no way to know until investigations take place. Many people will have problems with the game and use mods that aren't supported and outdated.

You say your controls are reversed with view range changed, does this mean both or that your camera is stuck looking behind you? And you should be able to fix by changing your camera angle again or sometimes pressing enter twice. 

GonerNL #10 Posted 19 September 2018 - 08:14 AM

First Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 14241 battles

See screenshot.

Upon respawning the view is from front of plane and not from behind as it should be. Can not change angle or camera view.

I'll try <enter> next time it happens. It's not reproducible, it just happens now & then.

eekeeboo #11 Posted 19 September 2018 - 08:38 AM

Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 5044 battles

View PostGonerNL, on 19 September 2018 - 08:14 AM, said:

Yes, this bug is what I get with joystick if i'm looking behind when i'm destroyed, solved by moving my camera back to where it should be. This seems to believe you have been pressing or holding a button to look behind you when you were destroyed. Changing to camera angle to reverse view should fix it. 

_SN00PY_ #12 Posted 30 June 2020 - 12:20 PM

Senior Airman

• Conquest Member
  • 8008 battles

Lately I am having a similar problem, which is enormously frustrating. You fly towards an enemy and the very moment you aim at him, the crosshairs disappear, the view changes to reverse or looking down. It can be fixed by switching the view quickly with the joystick (hatview button) but bu the time it is fixed, the enemy is gone and you yourself might already be shot down.

Somehow I have a feeling that joysticks (I have Warthog HOTAS) have never been really supported. And I won't even speak aboyut the combination of joystick and rudder pedals. The majority of players use mouse.

Ziptop #13 Posted 01 July 2020 - 01:47 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 8269 battles
  • [_-0-_] _-0-_

View Post_SN00PY_, on 30 June 2020 - 01:20 PM, said:

Lately I am having a similar problem, which is enormously frustrating. You fly towards an enemy and the very moment you aim at him, the crosshairs disappear, the view changes to reverse or looking down. It can be fixed by switching the view quickly with the joystick (hatview button) but bu the time it is fixed, the enemy is gone and you yourself might already be shot down.

Somehow I have a feeling that joysticks (I have Warthog HOTAS) have never been really supported. And I won't even speak aboyut the combination of joystick and rudder pedals. The majority of players use mouse.

I see this (and other esoteric glitches) which are almost certainly related to using hardware which the game and it's infrastructure don't support very well. 

In my case it's Virpil but Camera/Gunsight glitches are amongst the things I see reasonably frequently and given that quickly toggling the view fixes it and I don't experience these glitches when driving with a T16000 stick I'm pretty sure it's related to the hardware set up.

My Virpil kit communicates over USB a great deal more than the T16000 and in game I assume a lot those data packets are having to make the trip to a server which leaves lots of room for error in WoWp server-land. 

What I see regularly frequently.

Guns will not stop firing. Fix = toggle my flaps button on Throttle. 

Gunsight completely vanishes. Fix = toggle Cam View Up on stick hat. 

I'm reasonably convinced that if I unmapped flaps from the throttle button where it presently is I would never see the guns glitch because....WoWp maps these both as J1

When not being used in rapid succession both J1 buttons will do exactly what they are supposed to and WoWp respects that they are from different devices with different HID's. When things get busy? My guess is that a packet gets dropped or something and the Guns release instruction never arrives. 

The Camera glitch only started when I implemented the Virpil kit. It's not the hardware (tests fine outside of WoWp) and I can't quite put my finger on what causes it yet. Yes. I notice it more in combat, but I haven't figured if a certain operation provokes it with repeatable results 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users