Bot Re-spawn timers

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

eekeeboo #1 Posted 12 September 2018 - 05:54 PM

Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 3951 battles

Hello Pilots, 

Having had this question pop up frequently, I will attempt to answer it here for everyone to see and link to others. 

Having carried out 2 tests now for bot respawn timers. 

1st death: 20 seconds

2nd: 35 seconds

3rd 50 seconds

4th 65 seconds

5th 80 seconds. 

You should be able to see the pattern of 15 seconds added onto the previous spawn timer for each death. 

I will attach 2 replays for you to verify yourself: 

Random Game

Training Battle Game

Training battle with exact timer and visual death and re-spawn through tab. 

Edited by eekeeboo, 13 September 2018 - 05:47 PM.

0berhessen #2 Posted 13 September 2018 - 08:14 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 1077 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

First of all thank you for your effort to make a prove for respawn delay.

But in the first Video i cannot notice any specific time delay as you kept killing different bots/players.

There was a chance to get Bot Fitzgerald in his Heavy twice... but instead of flying towards the enemy spawn you decided to continue playing the game to win for your team...

The Training room Video shows you against Bot Yefrem who was shot at:

1st kill 0:10

2nd kill 1:20

3rd Kill 2:13

Then you flew towards the spawn point but instead of cruising around there, you missed to spot him. He appeared again at 3:30 close to a sector spotted by ADA. It took you 27 seconds for to boost from the spawn towards the sector. Lets assume the bot took the same time to get there (and personally i believe he took longer as your I-17 has Vmax 480 km/h, his I-16 has Vmax 370 km/h) it means 3:30 substract 27 seconds, he must have respawned around 3:03 or earlier as he has been shot at 2:13 previously.

As this was his 3rd respawn it means + 50 seconds 2:13 + 50 seconds would work...

4th kill at 4:36

He appeared again at 5:38 thats 62 later

eekeeboo #3 Posted 13 September 2018 - 11:43 AM

Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 3951 battles

View Post0berhessen, on 13 September 2018 - 08:14 AM, said:

This is why i did the specific test in the second. The first video was more to highlight that the perception bots don't have a re spawn delay is due the to the chaotic nature of battles and people not actively holding tab down to see exactly when the bot spawns. which I can not do in the replay without recording a second replay to run along side it. 

The reason I didn't just fly into the enemy spawn as you saw were 2 players who were turning around for me meaning I would not be able to engage the bot without dying. I advise people if you really want to test the spawn timers, to hold tab and watch accurately when the bot respawns. This is how i measured the timers in the second video. And you can see the increasing delay between me being able to spot him when he spawns and the delay that extended until the game was over. 

You can measure yourself in the room and you will see. 

0berhessen #4 Posted 13 September 2018 - 12:13 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 1077 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM
how did you get a video from replay? what software you use to create the video? or is it part of WOWP ?

eekeeboo #5 Posted 13 September 2018 - 12:42 PM

Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 3951 battles

View Post0berhessen, on 13 September 2018 - 12:13 PM, said:

how did you get a video from replay? what software you use to create the video? or is it part of WOWP ?

Nope that's why it took so long, I had to re-watch the replay and record the game through OBS (hence why you will hear a ping of my emails as i record the game-play) Then I had to encode the video into a higher resolution because of the drop in FPS you get it you try to record in 1920. For the second I added a custom HTML Java timer to show you the time between spawns (but it was based on Frames to count). 

All in all about 2 hours per video. 

_Desper #6 Posted 13 September 2018 - 01:14 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 1744 battles

I tell two stories. Bots are scripted and they respawn fast.

I had battle with HG II on map with one command center and one plant with airfield in middle, the one of most unbalanced map, where one team with near CC have just free win. Anyway I was on lucky side with CC and whole battle I was doing only one thing defending CC, because one F2H bot and two RB 17 keep coming on our CC so I kill them like 3 or 4 x before battle ends and there was no time for anything else. 

Other battle with GAA tier X vs 3 GAA bots going for same plant over and over, I can't go anywhere else, they just keep coming. When I kill first, second and third the first is already in sight. I call this GAA spam, there is no time for killing grounds if bots coming like that. This is not anything special, it's like every battle. 

eekeeboo #7 Posted 13 September 2018 - 01:52 PM

Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 3951 battles
I welcome replays that contradict my own. To be able to submit them to inquire for bugs. But otherwise, I placed the videos there to ensure you could see with no doubt that bots have incremental penalty on re spawns just as human players do. 

eekeeboo #8 Posted 13 September 2018 - 05:47 PM

Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 3951 battles
Added another video for the training room! 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users