Squads

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

Hammerblow #1 Posted 12 September 2018 - 07:00 PM

Airman Basic

• Beta Tester
  • 866 battles
  • [CTK] CTK
I play and want to introduce my son and nephew but cant add them both to a squad only one of them WHY they get owned when they play alone and are disillusioned I want to help but can only add one or other in chat make it 3 or lose me and my family as pilots 

BravelyRanAway #2 Posted 12 September 2018 - 09:05 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 2558 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T

You can only have two in a flight......anymore and good players will kill everything using a three man flight.

Best say goodbye now......as three will never happen.

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing".G.B.Shaw

Grumpy_Guts #3 Posted 12 September 2018 - 09:14 PM

• Conquest Member
  • 5323 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM
If you can communicate with each other in game try a count down, you all might get on same side and can fly together for support.

CheefCoach #4 Posted 12 September 2018 - 09:41 PM

• Conquest Member
  • 3417 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

View PostHammerblow, on 12 September 2018 - 08:00 PM, said:

I play and want to introduce my son and nephew but cant add them both to a squad only one of them WHY they get owned when they play alone and are disillusioned I want to help but can only add one or other in chat make it 3 or lose me and my family as pilots 

Three men squad use to exist in WoWp, but they were brokenly overpowered and constantly wining the battles. You might wonder: Well they are same in WoT and WoWs, and keep winning there, but there it seems it isn't problem? Yeah, but there are many people who are queuing for battle. You aren't going to see same three man team every time. Not in a high tiers WoWp-you use to see same 3 powerful players in overpowered planes over and over again. 

Also, people who get disillusioned easily shouldn't play any WG on line title, and getting owned is right of passage. 

Edited by CheefCoach, 12 September 2018 - 09:41 PM.

https://stats-sig.eu/wowp/CheefCoach/ussr/xs/en/sig.png

RebelRonin #5 Posted 13 September 2018 - 03:51 PM

Senior Airman

• 93 battles
  • [DITO] DITO

View PostCheefCoach, on 12 September 2018 - 09:41 PM, said:

Three men squad use to exist in WoWp, but they were brokenly overpowered and constantly wining the battles. You might wonder: Well they are same in WoT and WoWs, and keep winning there, but there it seems it isn't problem? Yeah, but there are many people who are queuing for battle. You aren't going to see same three man team every time. Not in a high tiers WoWp-you use to see same 3 powerful players in overpowered planes over and over again. 

Also, people who get disillusioned easily shouldn't play any WG on line title, and getting owned is right of passage. 

No. 

What was broken was who WoWP listened to. The whiners and complainers screamed until WoWP ended the beloved 3 man flights.

Yes, a good 3 man flight could win much of the time against a team with no flights, but there was a significant percentage of the time when the flight DID NOT win.  When both teams had 3 man flights, the battles many times were glorious.

We will probably never see 3 man flights again as WoWP continues to make horrible decisions that keep it from being the 15 vs 15 HUMAN pilots it used to be. Oh how wonderful those days were!  And again, that has to do with who they listen to. Were they to listen to the old 1.9 crowd, heck, to the 1.4 crowd even, the game would return to being fabulous.

Until then, you get 2 man flights.

Horcan #6 Posted 13 September 2018 - 03:54 PM

• Beta Tester
  • 3548 battles
  • [_VI_] _VI_
Even 2 man flights should be removed if they really do not intend to make mirrored flights. THe way it is now, for every two people happy to play in flight, there are at least two unhappy on the other side. Nobody like to fight alone vs two people that coordinate.

RebelRonin #7 Posted 13 September 2018 - 05:29 PM

Senior Airman

• 93 battles
  • [DITO] DITO

View PostHorcan, on 13 September 2018 - 03:54 PM, said:

Even 2 man flights should be removed if they really do not intend to make mirrored flights. THe way it is now, for every two people happy to play in flight, there are at least two unhappy on the other side. Nobody like to fight alone vs two people that coordinate.

My understanding is that the attempt is indeed made by MM to mirror the flights, and that is a good thing.

As far as coordinating is concerned, I have chosen after the battle has begun, a human pilot and followed him, protecting him. Usually, the human catches on to what I am doing and flies with me as if we were flighted. I have made several friends that way, which shows what this game is about, and that is TEAM effort.

Horcan #8 Posted 13 September 2018 - 05:35 PM

• Beta Tester
  • 3548 battles
  • [_VI_] _VI_

View PostRebelRonin, on 13 September 2018 - 06:29 PM, said:

My understanding is that the attempt is indeed made by MM to mirror the flights, and that is a good thing.

As far as coordinating is concerned, I have chosen after the battle has begun, a human pilot and followed him, protecting him. Usually, the human catches on to what I am doing and flies with me as if we were flighted. I have made several friends that way, which shows what this game is about, and that is TEAM effort.

I also did that , i dont deny it happens. But the times you fly with someone and just own a couple of randoms playing each for themselves make this flight vs no flight totally unfair. And MM doesnt even try to mirror anything human related. It puts even two humans in two heavy fighters tier 4 for example playing in a flight, versus two randoms playing alone in tier 3 fighters. And give them two tier 4 heavy fighters bots, considering it  mirrored. If you consider this fair, then i really dont know if i have anything else to add. I might have the wrong idea what fair means.

Edited by Horcan, 13 September 2018 - 05:36 PM.

jakub_czyli_ja #9 Posted 13 September 2018 - 09:03 PM

First Lieutenant

• Conquest Member
  • 2730 battles
  • [XII-2] XII-2

View PostRebelRonin, on 13 September 2018 - 05:29 PM, said:

Which means: I used him as a bait and stole his frags.

I'd prefer to crash and start elsewhere (even other battle) than such help.

RebelRonin #10 Posted 13 September 2018 - 09:16 PM

Senior Airman

• 93 battles
  • [DITO] DITO

View Postjakub_czyli_ja, on 13 September 2018 - 09:03 PM, said:

Which means: I used him as a bait and stole his frags.

I'd prefer to crash and start elsewhere (even other battle) than such help.

No, that's not what I mean. That is YOU and YOUR ilk, apparently. :teethhappy: I have made WoWP friends because of the honest way I fly with them.  I assure you, my "help" is the good kind.

jakub_czyli_ja #11 Posted 14 September 2018 - 09:26 AM

First Lieutenant

• Conquest Member
  • 2730 battles
  • [XII-2] XII-2

View PostRebelRonin, on 13 September 2018 - 09:16 PM, said:

No, that's not what I mean. That is YOU and YOUR ilk, apparently. :teethhappy: I have made WoWP friends because of the honest way I fly with them.  I assure you, my "help" is the good kind.

Well, first of all, I don't follow humans, it's waste of time. They either can handle themselves, or it's a waste of time.

2nd - I'm not looking for friends.

3rd - a number of clan tags suggests to stay away even more from planes bearing them.

RebelRonin #12 Posted 14 September 2018 - 01:32 PM

Senior Airman

• 93 battles
  • [DITO] DITO

View Postjakub_czyli_ja, on 14 September 2018 - 09:26 AM, said:

Well, first of all, I don't follow humans, it's waste of time. They either can handle themselves, or it's a waste of time.

2nd - I'm not looking for friends.

3rd - a number of clan tags suggests to stay away even more from planes bearing them.

Yes, it apparently is a waste of YOUR time, I acknowledge that.  Perhaps we fly differently.My style is helpful.

I'm not looking for friends, either. That just occurs sometimes.

I have no idea what you mean by 3rd. :)

CheefCoach #13 Posted 17 September 2018 - 07:44 AM

• Conquest Member
  • 3417 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

View PostRebelRonin, on 13 September 2018 - 04:51 PM, said:

No. 

What was broken was who WoWP listened to. The whiners and complainers screamed until WoWP ended the beloved 3 man flights.

Yes, a good 3 man flight could win much of the time against a team with no flights, but there was a significant percentage of the time when the flight DID NOT win.  When both teams had 3 man flights, the battles many times were glorious.

Unless you have another account, you don't have enough experience to make such a claims. There isn't significant percentage of time when 3 man flight didn't win, it was winning all the time, and that's why it was abolished. Problem was that in high tiers where there are 5 players in total in queue, would would get same 3 men flight over, in OP planes, and over again!

https://stats-sig.eu/wowp/CheefCoach/ussr/xs/en/sig.png

RebelRonin #14 Posted 17 September 2018 - 03:25 PM

Senior Airman

• 93 battles
  • [DITO] DITO
My post was deleted, I will not make this circle again with you. All I will say is you are wrong categorically. The facts are not allowed here, apparently. My part of this discussion has been ended by ekkaboo, however you spell that nick.

eekeeboo #15 Posted 17 September 2018 - 03:52 PM

Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 4412 battles

View PostRebelRonin, on 17 September 2018 - 03:25 PM, said:

My post was deleted, I will not make this circle again with you. All I will say is you are wrong categorically. The facts are not allowed here, apparently. My part of this discussion has been ended by ekkaboo, however you spell that nick.

Feel free to make your statement without breaking rules and insulting people. I will also advise you discussing forum sanctions will also lead to further sanctions. Please take the time to actually read the message sent to you and the forum rules to not fall afoul of them in the future. 

RebelRonin #16 Posted 18 September 2018 - 07:29 PM

Senior Airman

• 93 battles
  • [DITO] DITO
BTW Cheef, I didn't insult you.

eekeeboo #17 Posted 19 September 2018 - 08:35 AM

Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 4412 battles

View PostRebelRonin, on 18 September 2018 - 07:29 PM, said:

BTW Cheef, I didn't insult you.

It's not about insulting me, it's insulting anyone, as stated in the forum rules. Please take the time to read them, thank-you. 

Timewarp76 #18 Posted 20 September 2018 - 09:19 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 1054 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

View PostHammerblow, on 12 September 2018 - 08:00 PM, said:

Hammerblow, as Grumpy suggested give the countdown a try. We do that often in our clan, we'll all join up in discord one person will countdown and then all of us will hit battle at the same time. Sometimes it works where we are all on the same team and sometimes it happens where we are mixed between teams either way it's a way for you to still enjoy the game with your crew. Another idea is create a training room, and put you and the boys on the same team and add bots to the other team and then you guys can play as a team in CoOP mode against the bots. We have  a load of fun with that sometimes. Here is a write up I did awhile back to give you an idea. http://forum.worldof...498#entry566498

For more tips or just brotherly banter feel free to stop by our discord if you are looking to chat.... Good luck! TTYL ...T

Edited by Timewarp76, 20 September 2018 - 09:21 AM.

[BBMM] Beer Belly Master Mindz (recruiting) - English Speaking - Mature
If you are interested in having some fun and hanging out with a good crowd, look us up! Our primary  game language is English and we have members from all over the EU and even a few Americans living in Germany as well. We are typically online nightly around 2100 CET. Feel free to stop by and say hi, our voice server is Discord here is the link https://:  discord.gg/mezA43q

zen_monk_ #19 Posted 20 September 2018 - 09:42 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Alpha Tester
  • 4208 battles
  • [__] __

View PostTimewarp76, on 20 September 2018 - 09:19 AM, said:

Training room with 3-4 friends rocks.
stats were invented by Satan himself to suck the carefree fun out of gaming

xr901 #20 Posted 21 September 2018 - 03:22 AM

Senior Airman

• 10 battles
You can also get a bunch of people coordinating over team speak or discord to all enter the queue at the same time in the same tier planes. The teams are randomly assigned but you almost always end up together and you can play with your friends. I know some clans do it. 

Edit: oops, I see now that Timewarp78 already brought up having a group all punch in at the same time. :hiding: It can be a lot of fun.

Oh, and I for one am all for we need 3 man flights. Just imagine how much fun we can have flying solo in a bottom tier plane against 3 top tier planes... on Albion...  :unsure:

Edited by xr901, 21 September 2018 - 03:31 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users