Click-Bot

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

Emtod #1 Posted 21 September 2018 - 04:16 AM

Senior Airman

• 2693 battles
  • [FEED] FEED

Why does WG tolerate Click-Bot-Using?

I know that the playerbase in WoWp is low, but tolerating the use of Clickbots cant be the right way.

Maybe eekeeboo can make a statement which measures WG takes to prevent this.

As you can see, I have encountered this account in 2 consecutive games. (So there cant be a bug) This fact and the stats of this account prove that this piece of *Edited* is using a Click-Bot.

Why is this account not yet banned? *Edited* like this is destroying our game.

*Edited*

Edited by carrynikol, 21 September 2018 - 03:51 PM.
No naming and shaming and no profaminty

0berhessen #2 Posted 21 September 2018 - 04:37 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 1571 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

Had the same dude in several games with exactly the same result. Sometimes fortunately in the enemy team.

His Profile shows a winrate of 33,90%. - He is almost the only "active" player in his clan during the last 28 days, had 1455 battles (destroyed)

with a winrate of 34,09%

I reported him every time for: unfair gameplay and afk/bot

But as you can see, the ingame reporting system obviously does not work.

eekeeboo #3 Posted 21 September 2018 - 11:53 AM

Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 4373 battles
This is currently being addressed (I mentioned in another thread) that work is being made to put a system in place that requires you to score a minimum of 1000 points BEFORE the squall line or you receive no progress towards missions etc. As for the rest, like any other games that has bots that work by number of battles, these can be reported through the in-game system. 

Emtod #4 Posted 21 September 2018 - 01:57 PM

Senior Airman

• 2693 battles
  • [FEED] FEED

View Posteekeeboo, on 21 September 2018 - 11:53 AM, said:

This is currently being addressed (I mentioned in another thread) that work is being made to put a system in place that requires you to score a minimum of 1000 points BEFORE the squall line or you receive no progress towards missions etc. As for the rest, like any other games that has bots that work by number of battles, these can be reported through the in-game system. 

Thx for the fast reply, but sorry that is not enough.

You say they wont receive progress towards missions but they still get XP and this have no negative impact on the account.

How long have we to wait for this system? (which is, as i mentioned, not enough)

How about using a similar system like WoT for inactive play? The System is not perfect but a first small step:

- no mission progress

- 0XP/Creds

- hidden counter, if you have several such "games" in a row you get a warning, after the warning you get a ban (automated system)

(After this system was implemented there were no more Click-bots in WoT)

Oh and you can see how good your in-game reportings system is working: This account is still not banned.

(If it doesnt work with such a small playerbase how do you can expect it will work better with a huge playerbase?)

View Post0berhessen, on 21 September 2018 - 04:37 AM, said:

I reported him every time for: unfair gameplay and afk/bot

But as you can see, the ingame reporting system obviously does not work.

THIS!

eekeeboo #5 Posted 21 September 2018 - 04:04 PM

Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 4373 battles

View PostEmtod, on 21 September 2018 - 01:57 PM, said:

This is true, but with many things it's hard to find and catch bots. Some people put in a lot of effort to bypass detection systems and other methods. This is why the report feature is so important. 

Once the system to reduce progress towards missions is in place, it helps to mediate the issues of people using these bots (there's not many of them) to progress in the game. 

The reason we cannot have a complete zero progress on xp and credits (for now) is because some players genuinely do not play well or at what level do you set the bar. There are instances where a player may have a computer issue that causes them to crash or any other technical problem. I feel it's more important that some of the bugs and other problems with MM are addressed before looking into punish those who are flagged as bots by an automated system. 

For the automated reporting system. There needs to be frequent and a number of reports made by players on the account which will then be flagged and reviewed by the customer support team who will then take action if required. 

You mentioned you reported him every time. Even 5 times in 1 day, this will need to be more to prevent people abusing this system to of course troll others. 

Emtod #6 Posted 21 September 2018 - 04:37 PM

Senior Airman

• 2693 battles
  • [FEED] FEED

I agree with you that there are many ways to bypass detection systems - but we are not talking about advanced bot programms - we are talking about a fu_cking simple click-bot.

And i disagree with you that the redcution of mission progress is enough.

Zero Progress on XP/Creds is possible. I dont talk about bad players - i talk about that human rubish that use click-bots and dont play --> this level i set the bar!

And technical problems may occur - but in every single consecutive game?

If i have technical problems every single game, then it is antisocial selfish behaviaor to play a multiplayergame. Either i fix the problems or i dont play!

Sorry mate, no way. This excuse doesnt work.

Ah i see my initial post is censored - great.

This human rubish uses click-bots and faces no consequences, and my posts are censored --> I see where the priorites of WG are.

Edited by Emtod, 21 September 2018 - 04:37 PM.

zen_monk_ #7 Posted 21 September 2018 - 05:16 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Alpha Tester
  • 4183 battles
  • [__] __

At least once a day I am among those - waiting for the battle to start, "Waiting players", waiting an waiting... and then this:

Whatever system they came up with has to take this into account.

edit

And the biggest crap of all is when my plane there scores a victory and ruins me x3 or x2.

Edited by zen_monk_, 21 September 2018 - 06:18 PM.

stats were invented by Satan himself to suck the carefree fun out of gaming

Cruditatem #8 Posted 21 September 2018 - 05:53 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 4735 battles
  • [-DEL] -DEL
I have this also 2 or 3 times a day. 

Emtod #9 Posted 21 September 2018 - 06:32 PM

Senior Airman

• 2693 battles
  • [FEED] FEED
Thats a known bug - and the reason i wrote " in consecutive games". Unfortunately my screenshots were censored.

Emtod #10 Posted 08 November 2018 - 05:45 AM

Senior Airman

• 2693 battles
  • [FEED] FEED

Great, again met this human rubish, again he was using his clickbot.

Fortunately for me he was in the opposing team, but i feel sorry for the other human player who have to play with this crapin his team - of course they loose.

Thx WG doing nothing against clickbot-user.

Even if an automated system is not working and your reporting system is scrap - you can get my screenshots (just ask for them), you can read the post of 0berhessen that this account is well known for bot-using, you can check his stats, you can check your game-logs --> alle evidence you need is there to inspect this account.

And again - WG is doing nothing and this human rubish continue to use his click-bot.

But oh wait... This human rubish has to be protected in forum, so the only thing you do is to censor my screenshots

GG WG - not only that you do nothing against clickbots - you support the use.

Are there not enough Bots in this game? Do you really need clickbotuser to increase the number of players/the playerbase artificially?

Shame on you.

Horcan #11 Posted 08 November 2018 - 11:47 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 3548 battles
  • [_VI_] _VI_
Its WG policy , and probably other devs also, might be a law or something , i dont know. They never tell the names of those suspended/banned, not even on WOT which have huge player base. Even over 9000 people told them nobody believe it unless list is public every time they come up with such articles, all their announcements are like we warned 1500, we perma banned 722. They never tell who.

Emtod #12 Posted 08 November 2018 - 12:05 PM

Senior Airman

• 2693 battles
  • [FEED] FEED

I dont care if they tell me what they have done or not - but as long as i "enjoy" to play with this human rubish and meet him again and again i know that WG is doing nothing and supports the usage of clickbots.

eekeeboo #13 Posted 08 November 2018 - 01:45 PM

Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 4373 battles

View Postbug, on 08 November 2018 - 01:02 PM, said:

Please stop trying to bypass the unapprove

bug #14 Posted 08 November 2018 - 02:08 PM

Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 5485 battles

View Posteekeeboo, on 08 November 2018 - 01:45 PM, said:

Please stop trying to bypass the unapprove

Well, sorry. It was the naming and shaming I guess?

I thought it was anough for OP to see who it was, not for all to recognise. Not that it matter. Thanks for deleting all and not removing the one letter of his name visible...

To others than Eek, the post I made was that I posted a ticket on a player that seems to be the same as OP. I wrote I seen him several times, always afk, others too and reports for botting dont work, so I make this ticket blablabla.

The answer was that he propably had internet problems, it was annoying he know, blablabla polite telling me Im a jerk and he is not going to do anything.

So not only do reporting not work, but makling tickets dont either.

Not that I copy pasted the lame answer I got from "player support"

bug #15 Posted 10 November 2018 - 06:55 AM

Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 5485 battles

I met him "alive" yesterday. I asked him why he is botting, but he just told me to die and delete my game, lol. It was the first time ever I seen him play, even if I know by his stats that he some times do.

He wasnt very good, but much better than what his winrate implies.

I saw him again later, but then he was back to botting again.

Reporting dont work, and if there is a system for detecting botters, it seams to be easily avoided. The botter is playing enough games that he glides under the radar. I guess he mostly plays events and special missions, like the "personal rating", He is actually among top 20 on the leaderboard (US planes). Not bad for a player that for instance has a total of 4 ground targets destroyed and one plane shot down after 91 games in his PE-2...

I guess wargaming dont see this as a big problem, if they did they had done something with the reporting system, now its clearly just a hoax to make players feel they achieve something when reporting afk'ers (botters). We were 2 teams reporting him for botting, 3 games later I met him again and he was still botting. The day after as well.

Hate to see he is able to abuse other players like this and get away. And to see him on the leaderboard made me spray my keaboard with coffee...

Emtod #16 Posted 10 November 2018 - 03:13 PM

Senior Airman

• 2693 battles
  • [FEED] FEED
This piece of s_hit gets the gold/rewards playing by himself and then afterwards lets his bot play.
Thx @ WG - for tolerating such behavior.

Edited by Emtod, 10 November 2018 - 03:15 PM.

All_up_in_ur_grille #17 Posted 11 November 2018 - 12:02 AM

Airman Basic

• 2503 battles
  • [FEED] FEED

View Posteekeeboo, on 21 September 2018 - 04:04 PM, said:

This is true, but with many things it's hard to find and catch bots. Some people put in a lot of effort to bypass detection systems and other methods. This is why the report feature is so important. 

Once the system to reduce progress towards missions is in place, it helps to mediate the issues of people using these bots (there's not many of them) to progress in the game. 

The reason we cannot have a complete zero progress on xp and credits (for now) is because some players genuinely do not play well or at what level do you set the bar. There are instances where a player may have a computer issue that causes them to crash or any other technical problem. I feel it's more important that some of the bugs and other problems with MM are addressed before looking into punish those who are flagged as bots by an automated system. 

For the automated reporting system. There needs to be frequent and a number of reports made by players on the account which will then be flagged and reviewed by the customer support team who will then take action if required. 

You mentioned you reported him every time. Even 5 times in 1 day, this will need to be more to prevent people abusing this system to of course troll others. 

All this tells me is that you and the rest of the WG WoWp team will not taking botting/serial afk'ing seriously. We've had the same in World of Tanks and you have as good as confirmed it here for World of Warplanes.

Technical problems do not explain accounts that do not take part in battles on a continual time-spread basis. Personally, I reported an individual that went afk upwards of a dozen times during multiple phases of the Flaming Shores operation. Not only did I report, I sent in six screenshots (after realising that the same player was going afk continually) of this player at differing phases of the operation exiting battles as soon as he joined them, to the support team.

There was no punishment, despite WG having the battle data, the account data, the reports I sent (and encouraged others to send) and the screenshots I posted

What does this tell me? It tells me that there is absolutely no penalty for exiting a battle as soon as it loads. It tells me that when i'm going for mission objectives and I dont believe that the map is suitable for the mission objective I require, I can just hit the escape key and not care for how it affects the wider game environment as there will be absolutely no consequences.

This is how you kill your audience participation, by giving them BS excuses like "they may be experiencing technical difficulties" and "there are more important issues", they simply ring hollow when WG makes no such uninterested, laissez-faire decisions at the monetisation stage

eekeeboo #18 Posted 11 November 2018 - 06:05 AM

Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 4373 battles

View PostAll_up_in_ur_grille, on 11 November 2018 - 12:02 AM, said:

You could also go to the FAQ and consider the reasoning behind the current actions. Thank-you for your time. 

bug #19 Posted 11 November 2018 - 12:03 PM

Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 5485 battles

The dude OP and I talk about here is not suffering from technical issues. He plays a few games, when he stop playing he turn on his "botmachine" and let game run 24 hours. His plane sail around doing nothing game after game until he come back and take over playing his planes.

Why would he do so?

Take a look at scoreboard, for USA planes he is on top 10, and dont be surprised if he get top position. Do the math: he plays lets say 2 hours a day, and bot the rest 22 hours - thats 22 x about 5 battles and 1000 points each game... Thats 110000 points each day, and then come the points from when he plays. He is not a very bad player, so he get decent score when all is added.

Yes. Did I say reporting dont work? Let me do it again: REPORTING BOTS DONT WORK!

All_up_in_ur_grille #20 Posted 11 November 2018 - 06:17 PM

Airman Basic

• 2503 battles
  • [FEED] FEED

View Posteekeeboo, on 11 November 2018 - 06:05 AM, said:

You could also go to the FAQ and consider the reasoning behind the current actions. Thank-you for your time. 

Inaction is not action. You're giving the green light for people to use third-party botting programs to progress & profit from in-game rewards to the detriment of the wider playerbase, as your team simply wont investigate reports of the activity, despite having all the account information/evidence necessary. You are treating regular, paying customers with contempt.

As for my time, I wont be spending any more of it, or my money, on WoWp,

Edited by eekeeboo, Yesterday, 11:56 AM.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users