Ju 87 G Where are the bombs?

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

RoyalFlyingCorps #21 Posted 07 November 2019 - 04:17 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 15727 battles
  • [W___P] W___P
I hope you didn’t get covered in dirt during that exhumation.

I think you can probably assume those planes will not appear in the game any time soon.  I would say, “ever”.

levlos #22 Posted 08 November 2019 - 06:02 AM

Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 4155 battles
  • [-IRON] -IRON
The funny thing is

the "specialization" thing is beyond farcical, because in essence it does exactly what it says... in reverse. It stops you from specializing by removing choice of weapons. I assume a multi-weapon choice was probably planned, but shelved after it was realized the company did not have the resources to implement it for so many aircraft.

- You can't shoot me! I have a very low threshold of death. My doctor says I can't have bullets enter my body at any time.-

- Handle these capsules with care. Dr. Noah's bacillus is highly contagious. This germ, when distributed in the atmosphere will make all women beautiful and destroy all men over 4'6."-

RoyalFlyingCorps #23 Posted 08 November 2019 - 10:20 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 15727 battles
  • [W___P] W___P
You assume logic on the part of the WoWP team?  That’s novel.

levlos #24 Posted 08 November 2019 - 10:41 AM

Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 4155 battles
  • [-IRON] -IRON

oooh, my 6th sense is tingling.... wait, wait, wait, could there be a chance that I sense a hint of a drop of a shadow of a quantum probability of a fraction of sarcasm in that last post ?

Nahhh, it is just a false impression :)

"Logic is the lucky offspring of luxury.

Crap is the unavoidable offspring of necessity."

That is an atlantean saying, by the way. I heard it from a lizard-man when we were attending a seminar on climate change denial, on the moon-spaceship.

L.

Edited by levlos, 08 November 2019 - 10:41 AM.

- You can't shoot me! I have a very low threshold of death. My doctor says I can't have bullets enter my body at any time.-

- Handle these capsules with care. Dr. Noah's bacillus is highly contagious. This germ, when distributed in the atmosphere will make all women beautiful and destroy all men over 4'6."-

RoyalFlyingCorps #25 Posted 08 November 2019 - 11:19 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 15727 battles
  • [W___P] W___P

<chuckle>

There is a subtle difference between irony and sarcasm.

I am ironic.

You are sarcastic.

He is <edited> rude.

levlos #26 Posted 08 November 2019 - 01:08 PM

Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 4155 battles
  • [-IRON] -IRON

irony

n
incongruity between what might be expected and what actually occurs
n
witty language used to convey insults or scorn

Reserve irony for situations where there's a gap between reality and expectations, especially when such a gap is created for dramatic or humorous effect.

In Greek, eiron meant "a dissembler" — someone who hides their true intentions. Today, we do something very similar when we employ irony, often by saying the opposite of what we really mean. The word can also refer to a situation that turns out to be amusingly different from what we expected

sarcasm

Irony employed in the service of mocking or attacking someone is sarcasm.

Sarcasm is sometimes used as merely a synonym of irony, but the word has a more specific sense: irony that's meant to mock or convey contempt. This meaning is found in its etymology. In Greek, sarkazein meant "to tear flesh; to wound." When you use sarcasm, you really tear into them. A clever person coined the variant spelling sarchasm (a blend of sarcasm and chasm) and defined it as "the gap between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it."

... according to this, we are both sarcastic.There is both a gap between reality and expectations (<cough cough, "it will happen this year">), and a very light-hearted mockery too :)

L.

RoyalFlyingCorps #27 Posted 08 November 2019 - 02:08 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 15727 battles
  • [W___P] W___P
^ I think what you have posted usefully illustrates my point. :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users