Jump to content


Lost Progress, Server restart?


  • Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

dreambill #1 Posted 05 October 2018 - 09:11 AM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Conquest Member
  • 1711 battles
  • 563
  • [GR-12] GR-12
  • Member since:
    07-25-2013
I left game at night 4 October to continue today 5 October, to find that all my progress for the missions events is wiped out. I was on the verge to get 2 crates and had made progress for 1 more category for 100 gold. Only 1 crate and gold I was already earned is registered.
Due to unexpected, I have no screenshots to provide. Please advice

eekeeboo #2 Posted 05 October 2018 - 10:11 AM

    Community Manager

  • WG Staff
  • 4143 battles
  • 2,177
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

Reporting, thank-you. 

 

We need screenshots of our current mission progress please. 


Edited by eekeeboo, 05 October 2018 - 11:25 AM.


dreambill #3 Posted 05 October 2018 - 03:08 PM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Conquest Member
  • 1711 battles
  • 563
  • [GR-12] GR-12
  • Member since:
    07-25-2013

My current mission progress is zero. All is erased since yesterday and I have no screenshot from yesterday. (there was no reason to have one).


Edited by dreambill, 05 October 2018 - 03:09 PM.


dreambill #4 Posted 05 October 2018 - 07:14 PM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Conquest Member
  • 1711 battles
  • 563
  • [GR-12] GR-12
  • Member since:
    07-25-2013

Eekee support asks for screenshot too. As logical it is for asking for proof, so logical it is for not having proof for a problem before it actually happens.

There must be a way to resolve these issues. (automatic account state backup every hour?) I lost 2 crates and 100 gold, about to be won, but most of all, any will to farther play.

I would appreciate if something can be done from your side for compensation. Thanks in advance for your time.

 



eekeeboo #5 Posted 08 October 2018 - 03:48 PM

    Community Manager

  • WG Staff
  • 4143 battles
  • 2,177
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012
I asked for a screenshot because I reported it and all reports submitted so far found there was no actual reset of mission progress. That it was still in progress, just not highlighted. 

dreambill #6 Posted 08 October 2018 - 04:01 PM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Conquest Member
  • 1711 battles
  • 563
  • [GR-12] GR-12
  • Member since:
    07-25-2013

Ok thanks, I have no screenshot proof, (how could I?) so I closed the ticket.

As I said, there must be a different way to resolve these issues, not screenshots.



eekeeboo #7 Posted 08 October 2018 - 04:13 PM

    Community Manager

  • WG Staff
  • 4143 battles
  • 2,177
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View Postdreambill, on 08 October 2018 - 04:01 PM, said:

Ok thanks, I have no screenshot proof, (how could I?) so I closed the ticket.

As I said, there must be a different way to resolve these issues, not screenshots.

 

Screenshots and logs are the most reliable way for the developers to look at the issue and attempt to address it. Descriptions don't give enough of a picture most of the time unless a lot of people give it and then it's possible to look for trends. But as I mention in this case everyone else who reported this and I myself had the issues until i cleared cache, restart the game and it was all back. It wasn't glowing as through progress was there, but i had kept it all. 

klbergmen #8 Posted 09 October 2018 - 09:15 AM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Advanced Member
  • 3504 battles
  • 261
  • [JV44] JV44
  • Member since:
    08-13-2014

View Posteekeeboo, on 08 October 2018 - 06:13 PM, said:

 

Screenshots and logs are the most reliable way for the developers to look at the issue and attempt to address it. Descriptions don't give enough of a picture most of the time unless a lot of people give it and then it's possible to look for trends. But as I mention in this case everyone else who reported this and I myself had the issues until i cleared cache, restart the game and it was all back. It wasn't glowing as through progress was there, but i had kept it all.

 

Sceenshots are NOT a reliable way to prove something. Everybody can fake a screenshot to claim something.

The ONLY reliable way is to look into the logs.

Support should not ask us to prove that we did something because this is too easy to fake and they should definitly not ask us to prove that we didn't get something because that's simply impossible.



eekeeboo #9 Posted 09 October 2018 - 09:17 AM

    Community Manager

  • WG Staff
  • 4143 battles
  • 2,177
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View Postklbergmen, on 09 October 2018 - 09:15 AM, said:

 

Sceenshots are NOT a reliable way to prove something. Everybody can fake a screenshot to claim something.

 

 

Screenshots and logs 

 

Logs are text and don't show the problem, nor do they show you completing a an achievement and not getting a medal if the system is bugged in a way it doesn't read it. Screenshot shows this. 



klbergmen #10 Posted 10 October 2018 - 08:21 AM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Advanced Member
  • 3504 battles
  • 261
  • [JV44] JV44
  • Member since:
    08-13-2014

View Posteekeeboo, on 09 October 2018 - 11:17 AM, said:

 

Screenshots and logs 

 

Logs are text and don't show the problem, nor do they show you completing a an achievement and not getting a medal if the system is bugged in a way it doesn't read it. Screenshot shows this. 

Ok, I agree that in your example the screenshot makes sense but also then you should also be able to get the same information from the logs. They should show what you achieved and what you got (so you can see that something is missing).

But the support asked us to provide screenshots that show that we didn't get something (the double boxes) and that's just stupid, especially if they should know already that there is a general problem. 

They also asked for screenshots that show that the missions were reset. Off course the screenshot will show no pogress, only the logs can show that there was any progress before the reset.



eekeeboo #11 Posted 10 October 2018 - 08:55 AM

    Community Manager

  • WG Staff
  • 4143 battles
  • 2,177
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View Postklbergmen, on 10 October 2018 - 08:21 AM, said:

 

 

The screenshots in this case are not to prove what you didn't get, in this instance it was if you had a screenshot with the number of crates you should receive in the double bonus. When the compensation comes through, it makes sure you don't actually miss out on any of them. If the automated system for instance misses 1 crate, support will have passed on your info and it can be put on manually. 

GonerNL #12 Posted 10 October 2018 - 08:56 AM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Advanced Member
  • 4251 battles
  • 547
  • Member since:
    09-02-2017

The only screenshots we could supply (IF you made shots, but it looks like we now learned to make shots of every progress and crate, just in case ...) are of the crates we earned during the event. I only have shots of opening the 3 crates (disappointing, only materials) I earned where you can see there are 3 crates total. But is that enough proof ??

 

Posted Image

 

But that does not prove that you did NOT get the extra crates ...

 

You should think that server-side there are logs that show who got what and when ?? Maybe they should start with clear cache ... :hiding:



dreambill #13 Posted 10 October 2018 - 09:26 AM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Conquest Member
  • 1711 battles
  • 563
  • [GR-12] GR-12
  • Member since:
    07-25-2013
In 24 hours the next phase starts. Shouldn't this be resolved by then?

Spartan_93 #14 Posted 10 October 2018 - 10:11 AM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Advanced Member
  • 657 battles
  • 781
  • [R2_D2] R2_D2
  • Member since:
    10-11-2012

View Posteekeeboo, on 10 October 2018 - 08:55 AM, said:

 

The screenshots in this case are not to prove what you didn't get, in this instance it was if you had a screenshot with the number of crates you should receive in the double bonus. When the compensation comes through, it makes sure you don't actually miss out on any of them. If the automated system for instance misses 1 crate, support will have passed on your info and it can be put on manually. 

 

Does that mean, that I need to write for every phase a ticket?

 

After the first phase i gave it up, because the support was not willing to help.



klbergmen #15 Posted 10 October 2018 - 10:51 AM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Advanced Member
  • 3504 battles
  • 261
  • [JV44] JV44
  • Member since:
    08-13-2014

View PostSpartan_93, on 10 October 2018 - 12:11 PM, said:

 

Does that mean, that I need to write for every phase a ticket?

 

After the first phase i gave it up, because the support was not willing to help.

For the second phase we got the crates with some delay.

 

About the screenshots: When you press PrtScreen (the printscreen key) the game saves a printscreen and there is a message where it is saved. So you don't have to copy the printscreen somewhere and save it - its pretty easy.



Spartan_93 #16 Posted 10 October 2018 - 12:03 PM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Advanced Member
  • 657 battles
  • 781
  • [R2_D2] R2_D2
  • Member since:
    10-11-2012

View Postklbergmen, on 10 October 2018 - 10:51 AM, said:

For the second phase we got the crates with some delay.

Really? Last time I have looked there was just one of two crates i should have get.



eekeeboo #17 Posted 10 October 2018 - 12:20 PM

    Community Manager

  • WG Staff
  • 4143 battles
  • 2,177
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostSpartan_93, on 10 October 2018 - 10:11 AM, said:

 

 

If you did not earn crates for the second phase and your first ticket didn't include accounting for these crates you earned in the second phase, I would make another ticket to make sure. Right now support has passed on all of the screenshots and information. I'm still waiting for an update on the crate reward issue. 

klbergmen #18 Posted 10 October 2018 - 12:46 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Advanced Member
  • 3504 battles
  • 261
  • [JV44] JV44
  • Member since:
    08-13-2014

View PostSpartan_93, on 10 October 2018 - 02:03 PM, said:

Really? Last time I have looked there was just one of two crates i should have get.

I got yesterday my five crates from the second phase. I'm still waiting for the two from the first phase and opened a ticket for them.

As Eekeeboo said I would open a ticket if something is missing.



dreambill #19 Posted 10 October 2018 - 03:24 PM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Conquest Member
  • 1711 battles
  • 563
  • [GR-12] GR-12
  • Member since:
    07-25-2013
I got nothing so far, (apart from a crate Monday morning) I supposed to get 5




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users