WoWp hijacks my PC

Hijack

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Alter_me #1 Posted 06 October 2018 - 07:13 AM

Airman Basic

• 3671 battles

WoWp (and maybe still WoT - it used to, do not know about now) seems to be coded that way that it hijacks my PC, when it loads or after the battle during transition back to hangar. While that happens, there is only WoWp black screen and seems to force extreme priority, so:

- alt tab not working (switching to other windows)

- none of the other active windows (or starting new app) can be put to foreground

- if WoWp crashes in that phase actually I can not do anything with my PC, except taskkill WoWp from Start/Run (or Sign Out; Alt F4 is not working, no access to GUI of Task Manager, since WoWp hijacks exclusively display output)

WoWs for example never behaved that way (and actually any other non-malicious app I have used until now, beside WoWp and WoT), so I suppose it has to do with the way it is coded.

It is extremely annoying to not able doing anything other with the PC and I am uncomfortable by the way WoWp hijacks my PC: Please advise ...

eekeeboo #2 Posted 06 October 2018 - 04:15 PM

Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 5044 battles

View PostAlter_me, on 06 October 2018 - 07:13 AM, said:

This isn't "hijacking" this is the way the game loads and windows will handle window prioritisation. I am going to assume for instance you're playing in full-screen mode? 

Alter_me #3 Posted 06 October 2018 - 08:45 PM

Airman Basic

• 3671 battles

TY for an explanation. Yes, playing in a full screen mode. Still don't like the way WoWp handles it. WoWs for example does not. Actually (beside WoT some time ago, i don't know now) any other game I play does not ...

eekeeboo #4 Posted 08 October 2018 - 03:50 PM

Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 5044 battles
Yeah, if you play in windowed mode you will find this "locking" effect when loading will completely disappear. And the engine WoWP uses is the same engine WoT had long ago, hopefully this will further explain the issues. If you can play windowed or windowed borderless you will be able to switch between processes far easier. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users