Operation Orders. Did they get it right?

Flaming Shores Operation Orders

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

GonerNL #21 Posted 11 October 2018 - 11:25 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 4263 battles

View Postklbergmen, on 11 October 2018 - 11:06 AM, said:

So it should still be possible to achieve everything without paying money.

It all depends on how much time or money you want to spend on it ... I've read reports by people who - with loads of time - even managed to fulfill missions that look impossible to do.

zen_monk_ #22 Posted 11 October 2018 - 11:26 AM

• Alpha Tester
  • 3962 battles
  • [__] __

And still is possible. I said "extremely hard, next to (meaning: almost) impossible" for premium VIII. So go ahead if you have the time / skills / nerves, more power to you. It is possible. Only don't come here to complain how hard it is.

Because it is meant to be hard if you want it for free.

Edited by zen_monk_, 11 October 2018 - 11:34 AM.

stats were invented by Satan himself to suck the carefree fun out of gaming

Humboldt_ #23 Posted 11 October 2018 - 07:24 PM

Senior Airman

• 1888 battles
Operation orders win condition is a joke 5 times i got the kills needed for order but my team fail, in the end had use a certificate because of frustration stupid condition. 

blackmoomba #24 Posted 11 October 2018 - 07:59 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 5998 battles

All the "free" game have this model.

The thing i disagree is some of you stating the missions are designed to pay... no, the missions are design for everyone to PLAY. Even if you don't have the hours to complete the order in 24h, you have the option to use TOKENs (a reward for PLAYING) to extend your window... the option to pay is there, but it's in no way the first option, and WG doesn't make a living out of it ALONE.

The mission difficulty and grind depends on the Tier of the premium plane, as it should... the win condition is part of the difficulty, as frustrating as it is to depend on the team.

paradigmshift #25 Posted 12 October 2018 - 03:44 PM

Airman Basic

• 1384 battles
I have orders for the Do 335 and am willing to try to grind it but can I ask is the plane worth it?  I have only seen one in the game and it ambushed me before I could get a good look. Is it an easy target for other t7,t8,t9 fighters/heavies?

Horcan #26 Posted 12 October 2018 - 05:29 PM

• Beta Tester
  • 3034 battles
  • [_VI_] _VI_
I just completed part 3, that require Campbell medal. It took me almost 3 hours of fails, either once killing all 5 types, but only got 9 kills since it was a 400 cap map and i didnt got time , or killing 15 planes, but missing one type. Did it with model 81A tier 4 american fighter, in a tier 3 game. Now i need to kill5 heavies in a win, and a painfull grind for 6 k cap points. DOes it worth it? Only you can tell. As a credit maker surely it doesnt for me, i have 120 millions. Crew trainer? I dont really care . Cant say if it is OP and dont care about that either, i play any type of plane. Only reason i attempted it is because it is something to do in this game other than mindless slaugher of bots ( AI or human ), and because im kind of collectionaire in any game i play.

svadilfari #27 Posted 12 October 2018 - 05:49 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 3274 battles

View Postparadigmshift, on 12 October 2018 - 03:44 PM, said:

I have orders for the Do 335 and am willing to try to grind it but can I ask is the plane worth it?  I have only seen one in the game and it ambushed me before I could get a good look. Is it an easy target for other t7,t8,t9 fighters/heavies?

i fu´ing love that plane. one of my favorites. so yea, i´d say it´s worth it :D

Keulz #28 Posted 13 October 2018 - 08:35 AM

• Beta Tester
  • 1754 battles
  • [CPC] CPC
What is the expert pilot achievement ?.

Horcan #29 Posted 13 October 2018 - 09:33 AM

• Beta Tester
  • 3034 battles
  • [_VI_] _VI_

View PostKeulz, on 13 October 2018 - 09:35 AM, said:

What is the expert pilot achievement ?.

Its a series achievement. You need to be top 3 in your team two wins in a row. Its one of those youre not really paying attention to, as it happens quite often. A bunch of wings or something.

Keulz #30 Posted 13 October 2018 - 11:42 AM

• Beta Tester
  • 1754 battles
  • [CPC] CPC

View PostHorcan, on 13 October 2018 - 10:33 AM, said:

Its a series achievement. You need to be top 3 in your team two wins in a row. Its one of those youre not really paying attention to, as it happens quite often. A bunch of wings or something.

Thank you very much.

Horcan #31 Posted 14 October 2018 - 02:41 AM

• Beta Tester
  • 3034 battles
  • [_VI_] _VI_

It took me two extends, but could have done it with one as i was lucky to get the Ace in first attempt with the premium BF tier 4, and finished with 14 hours left or something.

Posted Image

klbergmen #32 Posted 15 October 2018 - 08:35 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 3525 battles
  • [JV44] JV44

I got 5 blueprints and started last week doing them. The 3 smaller ones are done and one of the tier8 nearly. Until now I skipped two missions with certificates and I will skip the ace mission in the current blueprint. In the last tier8 blueprint I will probably also skip around 2 missions with certificates.

The biggest problem I had doing 400 cap points in one session. This took really long, even though this should be one of the easier missions. 

So I can say that it is possible to do nearly everything without paying money. The price to extend a mission with token is also not that high. You need to invest a lot of time, need the right planes and to plan how to achieve every mission, then its possible. But there are also missions that are not worth to try (at least for me) like the ace. The ace was easier to get in the bomber event, so maybe next weekend again ?

Until now I opened at least 30boxes and 1x I got 10certificates. So you can get them from boxes but not enough. 

blackmoomba #33 Posted 15 October 2018 - 08:54 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 5998 battles

I got like 10-12 aces yesterday without even trying... get into the Pancake, BVP, Starfire, eventually you will get a map with 2 CCs (like Road to Rome). At the start you should get 2-3 kills on the defensive planes, you can even go contest the Mining Plant and score 2-3 kills on the GAAs rushing it, after that, move and intercept the bomber flights, 2-3 of them and the ace is yours. If not you can try with the Me410, even Bf110B works decent IF you focus on the only objective of getting the kills.

Getting 400 CPs... ideally you want to use the T10 IL40P or the german one. However it can be done in a T4 bomber (if you get on the good map for it) or in the RB17... however is achievable in all other planes, thats why the daily epic achievements exist... Akamatsu, Lambert, McGuire, etc.

I really can't overstate the importance of choosing the right plane for the job AND getting on the map that gives the best opportunity... also, having a competent and sometimes incompetent team helps achieving your goal. There are a lot of planes and maps that make objectives like this close to impossible, so learn to avoid them if you want to get the job done fast and not getting frustrated.

Edited by blackmoomba, 15 October 2018 - 09:02 AM.

Horcan #34 Posted 15 October 2018 - 10:01 AM

• Beta Tester
  • 3034 battles
  • [_VI_] _VI_
Every medal is achievable in a lot of planes. But you need it at a precise time, and depending from person to person, how long you need to achieve ultimate frustration and rage quit? For example i managed Ace from the first try when i needed it, and failed some easy one for more than 10 games, like cap 300, because since this " new matchmaker" at least for me, every single game tend to end in complete superiority for one side and i really dont have enough time/lose when needing win. So far i got 335, venom and two low tier ones by only using 10 tokens. But i fear i will just ditch the vampire( i doubt i can get a Kozedub on purpose, in less that 10 games ) and maybe even that tier 4 bomber(or gaa , whatever it is), where you need Efimov. So no, even if you have thousands tokens, it might not help. People tend to play games for relaxation and fun, not frustration , getting on their nerves and ending up smashing their hardware because they fail by one kill or 10 cap points over and over. So as long as youre lucky like i was so far, this event may be nice, but it can easily turn into the worst ever if youre unlucky. So no, i dont think they get it right. Im ok with grinding, you can calculate how long you need and if youre able to do it. But RNG missions, also mixed with grinding, not that much. It feels like they are putting their hand into people pockets, because they know they will not give up hours of grinding and eventually give up and buy those medals. If this is the intention, why not just sell the planes directly?

GonerNL #35 Posted 15 October 2018 - 12:35 PM

• Advanced Member
  • 4263 battles

It's all about time ... huge amounts of it. And luck.

Because for most missions you need specific types of enemy planes and/or specific type of bases.

Just an example, I had to kill 5 enemy fighters in a victorious battle. Sounds easy. Well, I killed dozens of enemies. Problem was that they were all multiroles and heavies. Or I killed fighters and lost. Took me quite some time. 

Or you have to defend a captured plant. I did that mission without realizing it on I-IV and V-VII. But I just don't get any maps with plants on VIII-X !?

klbergmen #36 Posted 15 October 2018 - 02:13 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 3525 battles
  • [JV44] JV44

View PostHorcan, on 15 October 2018 - 12:01 PM, said:

But i fear i will just ditch the vampire( i doubt i can get a Kozedub on purpose, in less that 10 games ) and maybe even that tier 4 bomber(or gaa , whatever it is), where you need Efimov.

Kotzedub is not so easy to control but Efimov is easy with an IL-20 or IL-40.

I tried the tier4 GA one time and I have the feeling it's good.

dreambill #37 Posted 15 October 2018 - 05:16 PM

• Conquest Member
  • 1711 battles
  • [GR-12] GR-12

View Postklbergmen, on 15 October 2018 - 02:13 PM, said:

Kotzedub is not so easy to control but Efimov is easy with an IL-20 or IL-40.

I tried the tier4 GA one time and I have the feeling it's good.

Fanny how different it is to each one. Kotzedub is a peace of cake for me (if a battle reaches squall and has a couple of minutes to play in it), but efimov, i tried it for 4 hours yesterday for nothing, only to get it today morning in a battle alone vs bots. (all at tier 10)

Edited by dreambill, 15 October 2018 - 05:16 PM.

svadilfari #38 Posted 15 October 2018 - 05:52 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 3274 battles

yesterday i was grinding vampire missions. 5 already completed, half way through 6th.

all in a few hours of hardcore grinding, not bad at all when suddenly...

plot twist - - - i forgot to extend the fuccing timer with tokens.

everything gone....what the fuuuuuuuuuuu

jss78 #39 Posted 15 October 2018 - 05:54 PM

Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 1697 battles

I find them mildly annoying.Ultimately they can give you premium planes for free and that's a nice thing. So I kinda feel stupid for complaining -- but still:

First, I dislike the RNG element in getting the order.

For example, I'm looking forward to playing the Ju-86, but after ~15 boxes no luck so far. I dislike when RNG lottery is used in handing out premium content. I keep wondering if an event structure would be possible which would somehow constrain the maximum number of boxes you need to grind to be guaranteed a specific item (right now that number is infinite). I don't feel motivated to grind because it doesn't guarantee me the content I'm hoping for.

Second, I find the operation order missions annoying.

I'm looking at the missions for the De Havilland Vampire, and it seems I need to get a Kozhedub medal. Kozhedub is one of those I might get on the first or second game of the evening. But it's DAMN DIFFICULT to do on demand. I could play every evening for a week and not get it. That is not a fun challenge.

I realize we can pay to skip just that one part. But then it feels like they're waving this shiny thing in front of our eyes ... hey, it's yours, for free ... but not quite! But then that's the F2P economy in a microcosm, I guess. Maybe that's the way it needs to be.:P

(All that said, I got the He-111 from that extra box loaded on our accounts, and for that I'm super happy!)

Edited by jss78, 15 October 2018 - 07:21 PM.

blackmoomba #40 Posted 15 October 2018 - 07:19 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 5998 battles

I got the Vampire order in the first crate of the event, started it in the first weekend... by late evening i reached the Kozhedub mission as planned, played a few more battles and logged out. 16 hours left, more than enough to sleep and get back to it. Yeah right, got drunk, by the time i logged back in it was expired for 3-4 hours.

"F it, gonna get it in other crates next week" - during this Sunday i opened 32 crates... guess what? it wasn't there, on top of that kinda disappointed with the overall rewards, but i know why, got used to be spoiled with tons of good stuff in the past.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

wlatopa