Operation Orders. Did they get it right?

Flaming Shores Operation Orders

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

svadilfari #41 Posted 15 October 2018 - 07:30 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 3566 battles
  • [FEED] FEED

View Postblackmoomba, on 15 October 2018 - 07:19 PM, said:

I got the Vampire order in the first crate of the event, started it in the first weekend... by late evening i reached the Kozhedub mission as planned, played a few more battles and logged out. 16 hours left, more than enough to sleep and get back to it. Yeah right, got drunk, by the time i logged back in it was expired for 3-4 hours.

"F it, gonna get it in other crates next week" - during this Sunday i opened 32 crates... guess what? it wasn't there, on top of that kinda disappointed with the overall rewards, but i know why, got used to be spoiled with tons of good stuff in the past.

it really sucks. the rule to let the mission simple vanish if you dont manually extend it is broderline retarded. some people have other things to do, and some (like me) simply forget.

it should be paused instead of removed. it´s just stupid...

Horcan #42 Posted 15 October 2018 - 10:50 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 3544 battles
  • [_VI_] _VI_
I kinda wasted 5 tokens on 335 for this exact reason. I played till late night and was left with 12 hours when i was about to log out. I extended it cause i was affraid something may come up, i may oversleep, internet fail or whatever. I turned out i wasted them since i could finish it with 15hours left, and this considering i didnt logged in early next day because  there was plenty of time with the extension. But yes, they could make it 24 hours of play time, or just give no expire for whoever wants to endure the pain of grind and RNG frustration.

HoujuuNue #43 Posted 16 October 2018 - 03:29 AM

Airman Basic

• 1000 battles

Do 335: ~4 hours 45mins

Vampire: ~9 hours

Hey it's a free plane

arcticstorm123 #44 Posted 16 October 2018 - 06:30 AM

Senior Airman

• 3271 battles

View Postparadigmshift, on 12 October 2018 - 03:44 PM, said:

I have orders for the Do 335 and am willing to try to grind it but can I ask is the plane worth it?  I have only seen one in the game and it ambushed me before I could get a good look. Is it an easy target for other t7,t8,t9 fighters/heavies?

It's a great aircraft but a pure BNZ, been thinking about getting my middle finger amputated to keep it off the 'W' key lol, it's one aircraft where you definitely need boost in reserve especially if you get a "Terminator" bot on your tail, can't turn well at all, best to use speed on way out of target if chased, then go high and nose over to turn, bombs are great, can flip a target pretty easily if you know your targets, autocannons are a bit meh, but don't overheat as readily as other heavies.

Love mine

arcticstorm123 #45 Posted 16 October 2018 - 06:54 AM

Senior Airman

• 3271 battles

Got orders at the weekend for Vampire, and the HE111, I got certificates for them as I had spent most of Saturday and Sunday grinding the BV P.210, the IL20 and the F7F (they all got doable at the same time) and I couldn't face any more seat time midweek, especially for 24 hour periods, besides Vampire was a must have for me and well worth the money.

My reward, from the crates I got with the certificates, were orders for the JU86E and the HS129A, will do these these later, like others have said don't mind paying, been in IT support and development for 31 years and realise people need to get paid to produce these games, and yeah don't care that it's "paying for pixels", don't drink much, smoke or have any other vices and it's no worse than putting money in an arcade machine. 

You find these discussions for pretty much every game going, whether it's "free" or not, even some of the bigger games have DLC's, special equipment and clothing, etc that you can pay for to get an edge or just look different, and at least it is possible to play this for free without being penalised too much compared to some games I've played where if you don't pay you are toast.

Edited by arcticstorm123, 16 October 2018 - 06:55 AM.

GonerNL #46 Posted 16 October 2018 - 10:18 AM

• Advanced Member
  • 4685 battles

View Postarcticstorm123, on 16 October 2018 - 07:30 AM, said:

best to use speed on way out of target if chased, then go high and nose over to turn, 

Flew the Pfeil for the first time yesterday evening ... it's supposed to be fast right ? But even the 109G's defense planes could catch up and kill me ?! 

Even made it faster with equipment and skills.

Horcan #47 Posted 16 October 2018 - 11:03 AM

• Beta Tester
  • 3544 battles
  • [_VI_] _VI_

View Postarcticstorm123, on 16 October 2018 - 07:54 AM, said:

Got orders at the weekend for Vampire, and the HE111, I got certificates for them as I had spent most of Saturday and Sunday grinding the BV P.210, the IL20 and the F7F (they all got doable at the same time) and I couldn't face any more seat time midweek, especially for 24 hour periods, besides Vampire was a must have for me and well worth the money.

My reward, from the crates I got with the certificates, were orders for the JU86E and the HS129A, will do these these later, like others have said don't mind paying, been in IT support and development for 31 years and realise people need to get paid to produce these games, and yeah don't care that it's "paying for pixels", don't drink much, smoke or have any other vices and it's no worse than putting money in an arcade machine. 

You find these discussions for pretty much every game going, whether it's "free" or not, even some of the bigger games have DLC's, special equipment and clothing, etc that you can pay for to get an edge or just look different, and at least it is possible to play this for free without being penalised too much compared to some games I've played where if you don't pay you are toast.

Sometimes its actually a matter of how people are "trained" from the beginning , and how article is actually written. I have no trouble paying a monthly subscription for WoW, even if i play it rarely ( not even 120 yet for who knows it ), or pay in WoT for a marathon tank, for which the article says " do missions to earn discount up to 100%" , rather that write in the article " free planes, than realising at some stage that you are actually forced to pay to finish it". I somehow feel they are releasing a bait then kind of putting their hand into your pocket, because most people will not abandon hours of grind for a few euro. And its also about the quality of the whole product. It is one to pay in a game like WoW  or WOT, and other in a game full of bugs and with a 3/1 ratio of bots in a mode that should be pvp .

jss78 #48 Posted 16 October 2018 - 12:20 PM

Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 1739 battles

View Postarcticstorm123, on 16 October 2018 - 06:54 AM, said:

Speaking for myself, I don't mind paying -- and I understand the F2P games need to incentivize as many of us pay (at least a bit) to survive. I'm a 40-year-old dude with a child and mortgage, and whatever I pay for my pixel planes/ships/etc. is peanuts compared to most hobbies people my age have. :P

Really my gripe, and the full extent of it, is the structure of this event. Say I'm looking forward to a particular plane. I might get that operation order in the first loot box. I might NOT get it in the first HUNDRED loot boxes. If I do get the order, there's this tiny window (for a guy with other responsibilities) to complete it. And some of the operation order missions (like the Kozhedub mentioned) are such that they're very difficult to do "on demand" in a short time window.

I find the inherent unpredictability of all this ... frustrating.

I compare with Warships which also hands out occasional premium ships in events. There, you basically complete this series of grindy missions. No RNG to get a specific operation order, no particularly difficult individual missions -- just a long chain of grind to incentivize you to play, and to keep the server populated. It's predictable, and I can pretty well estimate how much I'll have to play and whether I'll have the time to do it.

Maybe it's all not geared for players in my segment. If so, that's fair.They give younger people with perhaps more time to play but less money a way to get premium content for free, or at least cheap. I'll just get my Junkers 86 the first day I can pay for it with my credit card.

GonerNL #49 Posted 16 October 2018 - 12:36 PM

• Advanced Member
  • 4685 battles

View Postjss78, on 16 October 2018 - 01:20 PM, said:

Maybe it's all not geared for players in my segment. 

The missions part (daily, events and operation orders) definitely is not ... 'we' absolutely do not have the time for that.

But, like you say, we pull our wallet out and pay. That used to bother me, but for this event I just bought oodles of crates & certificates and only did the simple missions that I can realistically do in a short time. 

To be honest, I did not even need loads of crates ; I got all 7 (?) operation orders in the first 10 crates I think ...

arcticstorm123 #50 Posted 16 October 2018 - 05:18 PM

Senior Airman

• 3271 battles

View PostHorcan, on 16 October 2018 - 11:03 AM, said:

Sometimes its actually a matter of how people are "trained" from the beginning , and how article is actually written. I have no trouble paying a monthly subscription for WoW, even if i play it rarely ( not even 120 yet for who knows it ), or pay in WoT for a marathon tank, for which the article says " do missions to earn discount up to 100%" , rather that write in the article " free planes, than realising at some stage that you are actually forced to pay to finish it". I somehow feel they are releasing a bait then kind of putting their hand into your pocket, because most people will not abandon hours of grind for a few euro. And its also about the quality of the whole product. It is one to pay in a game like WoW  or WOT, and other in a game full of bugs and with a 3/1 ratio of bots in a mode that should be pvp .

Yeah I agree, when I got the DO 335 I tried doing the missions in Westwall and then ran into "kill however many aircraft using rockets", this when most of my stuff was still 5-6, and I think with no good rocket carrying aircraft, so I tried for a bit with what I had but in the end I bought whatever you needed to buy and complete the mission, so this time around I was prepared for some expenditure, and yes it's not very honest, but every game developers  conference now tends to have the "how to monetise your app" talk, or a consultant offering similar services, so it's rare to find games that don't do similar tricks, and besides once they catch you the first time you go in with eyes wide open next time, or you should do.

If it annoys you just buy a few certs to do the "near impossible" stuff and grind the rest, as others say it depends on your time as well and how badly you want a particular plane, you can always wait for it to turn up in the Premium shop.

svadilfari #51 Posted 16 October 2018 - 05:29 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 3566 battles
  • [FEED] FEED

View Postjss78, on 16 October 2018 - 12:20 PM, said:

I compare with Warships which also hands out occasional premium ships in events. There, you basically complete this series of grindy missions. No RNG to get a specific operation order, no particularly difficult individual missions -- just a long chain of grind to incentivize you to play, and to keep the server populated. It's predictable, and I can pretty well estimate how much I'll have to play and whether I'll have the time to do it.

warships basically does almost everything better. well, warplanes is more generous with the premium planes they give away, kudos for that.

but in terms of events, missions, community management (there basically is none in planes (no offense iki^^)), it´s no contest.

lets not even mention tanks, that´s a whole other level of sheit.

arcticstorm123 #52 Posted 16 October 2018 - 05:33 PM

Senior Airman

• 3271 battles

View PostGonerNL, on 16 October 2018 - 10:18 AM, said:

Flew the Pfeil for the first time yesterday evening ... it's supposed to be fast right ? But even the 109G's defense planes could catch up and kill me ?! 

Even made it faster with equipment and skills.

It's a heavy fighter so you need to play it as one, it can't turn well at all and if you are caught at low level with no boost than your survival chances are not good, in fact this plane more than any other try not to touch the boost at all until you need to run, and when you get out of cannon range get altitude as quick as you can, if you play BF110, P38's, BF109Z, ME410 or the XP58 well then you should be ok flying this, it's also a good credit earner due to the bombs, and this is one plane that can dive bomb from near vertical with no issues, but study your target and don't dive into the center of a turn fighter melee.

I watch the minimap constantly on the way out of a bombing target to see who's following, if they are hit boost and once you get a reasonable distance go up to around 2000 - 3000km, speed and height are key with this plane, so concentrate on speed and power, I have polished skin on equipment and engine 1 and 2 for pilot.

Anyway most importantly spend time flying it and become familiar with it, it's the only way to get familiar with any plane.

arcticstorm123 #53 Posted 16 October 2018 - 05:48 PM

Senior Airman

• 3271 battles

View Postsvadilfari, on 16 October 2018 - 05:29 PM, said:

warships basically does almost everything better. well, warplanes is more generous with the premium planes they give away, kudos for that.

but in terms of events, missions, community management (there basically is none in planes (no offense iki^^)), it´s no contest.

To be fair though Warships has a lot more players and gets way more exposure from YouTube contributors etc., I like World of Warships but I hate the grind involved, and the cost as you get higher for supplies etc. and the amount of trolls you encounter, although I noticed this weekend they seem to be moving to warplanes for some games, also a lot of higher tier warship games have degraded into "lets hide behind this island all game and try to snipe" fests, together with lower tier battle ship players sitting at the map edge all game, so they are not entirely without problems they are just better staffed and financed I would think.

I tend to bounce between the two for a month or so, so I have to put up with a few days of feeling like a noob again in either game till I get back into whatever I'm playing lol

jss78 #54 Posted 16 October 2018 - 06:39 PM

Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 1739 battles

Honestly I like Warplanes in general though.

I started immediately after 2.0 landed, and the economy has felt incredibly easy in this game. I must've got ~10 premium planes from codes and events. We get a lot of gold from events too. At some point it felt like premium planes were on -50% sale every other weekend.

I think we've been entering a more "normal" economy in the past months, but still it's easier than ships. We can retrain crew for credits and in general the grind feels easier.

I think the core game in Warplanes is good. It's definitely more arcadey and fast-paced then Warships, but I like it for variety. My main complaints have been technical (FPS issues largely), but those have been getting better the last few patches.

jakub_czyli_ja #55 Posted 16 October 2018 - 06:55 PM

First Lieutenant

• Conquest Member
  • 2725 battles
  • [XII-2] XII-2

Ships do everything better, because even WG learnt from fails (clans, team modes - still missing in WoWP), and really can't allow itself to achieve another success like WoWP.

Only that gameplay is slow, economy sucks, and had they dare to draw a spread circle like in WoT, half players would left.

WoWP is on life support - easy mode economy, gold, premium planes and other stuff flows basically for playing, but there are still grave not solved issues that are still killing the game.

WoT slowly gets also life support, because playerbase drops, and incomes as well. WG is still a company of one game (WoT), so can't let it die.

klbergmen #56 Posted 17 October 2018 - 07:50 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 3872 battles
  • [JV44] JV44

View Postjakub_czyli_ja, on 16 October 2018 - 08:55 PM, said:

Ships do everything better, because even WG learnt from fails (clans, team modes - still missing in WoWP), and really can't allow itself to achieve another success like WoWP.

Only that gameplay is slow, economy sucks, and had they dare to draw a spread circle like in WoT, half players would left.

Oh yes, the spread circle was the biggest misstake they ever made in WoT. 

About the Pfeil - it seems to be fun. The guns are fun, the bombs are great and yes, you totally depend on your boost. This might be the first plane where I go for acceleration or topspeed with boost instead of just acceleration or cruise speed.

Back to topic: I finished 4 planes (including the Pfeil) with spending certificates only 2 times. Since Monday I'm doing the Vampire, until now one mission per evening. I don't think I will have to spend more certificates but I will have to extend for several days. Even though this costs (I think) 5 token per day my stock of token is still going up, not down.

paradigmshift #57 Posted 17 October 2018 - 01:26 PM

Senior Airman

• 1454 battles

View Postarcticstorm123, on 16 October 2018 - 06:30 AM, said:

It's a great aircraft but a pure BNZ, been thinking about getting my middle finger amputated to keep it off the 'W' key lol, it's one aircraft where you definitely need boost in reserve especially if you get a "Terminator" bot on your tail, can't turn well at all, best to use speed on way out of target if chased, then go high and nose over to turn, bombs are great, can flip a target pretty easily if you know your targets, autocannons are a bit meh, but don't overheat as readily as other heavies.

Love mine

Well I did my best to grind out the Do 335 but in the end had to use certs for a number of road blocks. 2 hrs trying to get the 400 cap points did my head in. Managed the 120 kills easy enough but got frustrated with the rest so ... more certs.

I agree that you have to use the speed going in and out but find the guns (which don't overheat much) are also tricky to get on fast moving targets.

Getting to 3000m is a breeze and then nailing planes like xp72, J4M etc on the way down is OK. RB17 is also an easy target coming straight up from below.

Got to say that it is easily the ugliest plane ever but effective at adding credits. 

Thanks for the inspiration.

GonerNL #58 Posted 18 October 2018 - 07:32 AM

• Advanced Member
  • 4685 battles

Thanks all for Pfeil tips.

I also fly heavies like Beaufighter, Me-410, F7F, but this plane just 'feels' different. I'll keep trying to adapt, because it's a great money-maker if you get a nice score.

deaxter_hero #59 Posted 18 October 2018 - 11:41 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 3208 battles
  • [-DFA-] -DFA-
Got the Vampire today. Took me about 18 battles in Hurricane II. I skipped the boring 8000 capture points mission (Predator Part 2 - would take another about 25 battles), the one killing 100 planes (Predator part 5 - would take about 8 battles) and Predator part 6 (no squal line during the event) with certificates. I purchased 350 certificates for abut EUR 25. Still have enough certificates to skip all missions for He-111 H2 (T4). So basically got T8 premium plane and T4 premium plane for about EUR 25 and one afternoon of playing. Plus got 100 gold and one crate from event missions (3 prem days, 10k free XP). All in all - that is all fine with me.

Edited by deaxter_hero, 19 October 2018 - 11:27 AM.

No majority of OP Heavies flights in 1.9: ---- Alone: 86%    Squad: 14%  ---- Fighter (37%) Heavy Fighter (31%) Multi-role Fighter (20%) Attack Aircraft (13%)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users