Certificate Compensation

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

eekeeboo #1 Posted 06 November 2018 - 09:49 AM

Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 4383 battles

Greetings pilots, 

Purchased certificates that you were unable to use during the flaming shores event will be converted into gold at a ratio of 1 certificate = 25 gold. As per the original Flaming shores announcement: https://worldofwarpl...ng-shores-event and https://worldofwarpl...es-certificates

This conversion will take place at the release of patch 2.0.8 coming soon, thank-you for your patience. 

Good Hunting! 

eek. 

Edited by eekeeboo, 06 November 2018 - 01:00 PM.

CheefCoach #2 Posted 06 November 2018 - 10:53 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 3415 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM
Eror 404 page not found<--- on the link
https://stats-sig.eu/wowp/CheefCoach/ussr/xs/en/sig.png

GonerNL #3 Posted 06 November 2018 - 11:10 AM

• Advanced Member
  • 4687 battles

try https://worldofwarpl...g-shores-event/

but nothing there on compensation

it's here : https://worldofwarpl...s-certificates/

CheefCoach #4 Posted 06 November 2018 - 11:26 AM

• Conquest Member
  • 3415 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

View PostGonerNL, on 06 November 2018 - 12:10 PM, said:

try https://worldofwarpl...g-shores-event/

but nothing there on compensation

it's here : https://worldofwarpl...s-certificates/

I know what it says, but that is not the point. I am expecting from WG official to at least check the link, to see if they work, before posing them. 

I personally haven't invested any real life money into certificates, so I can be patient for months. I don't care.

But there are people who did invest money into certificates, and they were promised to get all extra certificates exchanged for gold on 6th November (or today), and they got defrauded. Hell, you can buy exact number of gold, or convert exact number of gold into tokens, but that wasn't case with certificates. People who were needing 11 certificates had to buy 100 of them! I see no reason why would those people be patient. 

Again we are having new patch with no arriving time, and no path notes. Also last patch had no patch notes. Secret patches are not acceptable! 

But underlining problem is adding all this new content with out of proper testing. Both WoT and WoWs have test servers, and they aren't really necessary, at least for WoWs, because I don't usually experience any bags. In World of Warplanes I forgot how it is to play with no bugs. 

Cruditatem #5 Posted 06 November 2018 - 11:49 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 4760 battles
  • [-DEL] -DEL

I paid money for some certificates. I expected 100% the GOLD for them today and not anywhere in the future. I feel ripped off. I have now useless certificates in my account for which i have paid real money, because it was clearly written we get Gold for them at the 6th November. INSTEAD we got just a SOMEWHERE IN THE FUTURE 

Edited by Cruditatem, 06 November 2018 - 11:50 AM.

Grandal_Nikon #6 Posted 06 November 2018 - 12:00 PM

Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 1981 battles
  • [F_O_C] F_O_C

View Posteekeeboo, on 06 November 2018 - 10:49 AM, said:

This conversion will take place at the release of patch 2.0.8 coming soon,

When is this patch 2.0.8? Or maybe more precisely ... when you turn off the servers?
I hope that at night, not after 6 am. :angry:

0 warning points...    1 warning point...    2 warning points... :popcorn:

zen_monk_ #7 Posted 06 November 2018 - 12:35 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Alpha Tester
  • 4196 battles
  • [__] __

View PostCheefCoach, on 06 November 2018 - 11:26 AM, said:

...But there are people who did invest money into certificates, and they were promised to get all extra certificates exchanged for gold on 6th November (or today), and they got defrauded...

View PostCruditatem, on 06 November 2018 - 11:49 AM, said:

I paid money for some certificates. I expected 100% the GOLD for them today and not anywhere in the future. I feel ripped off. ...

Yes.

We're talking real money here. Money for something which if unspent will be turned to gold. Almost a straight financial transaction. WG, in these matters there should be absolutely no glitch. Because now you irritated the few people who actually give you money.

stats were invented by Satan himself to suck the carefree fun out of gaming

GonerNL #8 Posted 06 November 2018 - 12:46 PM

• Advanced Member
  • 4687 battles

View PostCheefCoach, on 06 November 2018 - 12:26 PM, said:

But there are people who did invest money into certificates, and they were promised to get all extra certificates exchanged for gold on 6th November (or today), 

Yeah, I know and I am one of them ... 

That's why I posted in every thread here, on NA and Reddit asking for answers, but all I got was this :

http://forum.worldof...385#entry575385

View PostCruditatem, on 06 November 2018 - 12:49 PM, said:

I have now useless certificates in my account 

You sure ?

Where can you see that ?

Edited by GonerNL, 06 November 2018 - 12:48 PM.

eekeeboo #9 Posted 06 November 2018 - 01:06 PM

Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 4383 battles

View PostCheefCoach, on 06 November 2018 - 11:26 AM, said:

You will also note that the link name is exactly the same as before, but did not work. If it didn't work when i posted, I wouldn't have been able to copy the link to begin with. 

What was typed vs what was displayed: 

Until I had to use a different browser for the issue to go away. 

Next, you were not promised the 6th, you were promised they would be exchanged. 

When patch notes are ready to be published, they will be published and not before. Especially to make sure all languages are supported. Leaving out players of non-English speaking origins is not acceptable. 

Further to your additional testing comment, we had a test server, you yourself should know it was not used enough to justify the resources to create and maintain it. 

View PostCruditatem, on 06 November 2018 - 11:49 AM, said:

I paid money for some certificates. I expected 100% the GOLD for them today and not anywhere in the future. I feel ripped off. I have now useless certificates in my account for which i have paid real money, because it was clearly written we get Gold for them at the 6th November. INSTEAD we got just a SOMEWHERE IN THE FUTURE 

I also understand your frustration, but no where does it say "Compensated on the 6th". Only that certificates will be removed on the 6th. 

Important information!

Spoiler

View PostGrandal_Nikon, on 06 November 2018 - 12:00 PM, said:

When is this patch 2.0.8? Or maybe more precisely ... when you turn off the servers?

Patch notes will be announced when they are ready, hopefully, this week, pending no issues and no delays. 

View PostGonerNL, on 06 November 2018 - 12:46 PM, said:

Once more there was no promise made for the exchange to place on the 6th (Please refer above). Though unpleasant and possibly unclear for some people, the feedback passed for clear dates on when compensation will take place, but nowhere on the announcement does it say "You will get gold on the 6th" (Refer above). 

Edited by eekeeboo, 06 November 2018 - 01:09 PM.

Rofola #10 Posted 06 November 2018 - 01:18 PM

Senior Airman

• 4757 battles
  • [FEED] FEED

View Posteekeeboo, on 06 November 2018 - 01:06 PM, said:

You will also note that the link name is exactly the same as before, but did not work. If it didn't work when i posted, I wouldn't have been able to copy the link to begin with. 

What was typed vs what was displayed: 

Until I had to use a different browser for the issue to go away. 

Next, you were not promised the 6th, you were promised they would be exchanged. 

When patch notes are ready to be published, they will be published and not before. Especially to make sure all languages are supported. Leaving out players of non-English speaking origins is not acceptable. 

Further to your additional testing comment, we had a test server, you yourself should know it was not used enough to justify the resources to create and maintain it. 

I also understand your frustration, but no where does it say "Compensated on the 6th". Only that certificates will be removed on the 6th. 

Important information!

Spoiler

Patch notes will be announced when they are ready, hopefully, this week, pending no issues and no delays. 

Once more there was no promise made for the exchange to place on the 6th (Please refer above). Though unpleasant and possibly unclear for some people, the feedback passed for clear dates on when compensation will take place, but nowhere on the announcement does it say "You will get gold on the 6th" (Refer above). 

Programmers do not know how to do their job, but your lawyers find exceptional excuses

Good Joob Wargaming

zen_monk_ #11 Posted 06 November 2018 - 01:51 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Alpha Tester
  • 4196 battles
  • [__] __

eekeeboo, on 06 November 2018 - 01:06 PM, said:

You are right here.

On the other hand, why irritating the (I guess small amount of) people who give you real money? Why resorting to the "fine print" argument? For something that should have been settled immediately, regardless of being understaffed or whatever. "Those are the people who pay, let's do right by them. Manually, one by one if needed." Why they haven't done this is beyond me.

Eeeke, I perfectly well know it's not your fault and you really don't need to answer - but please forward this upstairs to the people whose paycheck we've financed, and now being presented with the fine print.

stats were invented by Satan himself to suck the carefree fun out of gaming

GonerNL #12 Posted 06 November 2018 - 02:02 PM

• Advanced Member
  • 4687 battles

View Posteekeeboo, on 06 November 2018 - 02:06 PM, said:

I never asked anything about Nov 6th ?? Or other clear dates ? :amazed:

What I DID ask was (as many others did) where we could see how many certificates we had ... not having any open operation orders left.

The statement that 'certificates will be removed' on the 6th fills me with horror.

Edited by GonerNL, 06 November 2018 - 02:05 PM.

Bromvogel #13 Posted 06 November 2018 - 02:03 PM

Senior Airman

• 3604 battles
  • [SABB] SABB

Thanks eek.  My discord question got answered here.  I have no problem waiting, as long as it come back.

So, how a bout a hint for the next patch date - week(s) or days.

Looking forward to it

eekeeboo #14 Posted 06 November 2018 - 02:09 PM

Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 4383 battles

View Postzen_monk_, on 06 November 2018 - 01:51 PM, said:

The people upstairs understand the frustration and it has already been passed. 

The main misinterpretation came about that the compensation will take place. 

View PostBromvogel, on 06 November 2018 - 02:03 PM, said:

The patch should be coming this week, if all goes well, no delays or apocalyptic catastrophes, we will have notes announced tomorrow. 

GamerChaos #15 Posted 06 November 2018 - 03:09 PM

Senior Airman

• 933 battles
  • [GEREF] GEREF

In Fakt:

Important information!

• After the end of the event all certificates will be withdrawn from the account
  • Withdrawn certificates will be compensated according to the fixed exchange rate - 25 gold for 1 certificate
  • Dates of certificates' withdrawal: 6 November at 04:00 CET (UTC+1)
  • Sure we expect the GOLD on the same date!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • And when WG dont pay out the Gold today ist SCAM 4 me i Payd a realy LOT OF HARD MONEY
  • and now give out the Gold!!!!!!!!

eekeeboo #16 Posted 06 November 2018 - 03:13 PM

Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 4383 battles

View PostGamerChaos, on 06 November 2018 - 03:09 PM, said:

You will get your gold, as mentioned above, when the patch arrives, which should be this week. There is no scam. 

GamerChaos #17 Posted 06 November 2018 - 03:19 PM

Senior Airman

• 933 battles
  • [GEREF] GEREF

No i get it now!  You have NOT anounced some other date in the original Post, you DONT have sayd it Comes with some Patch so It is  WG´s FAIL or MISTAKE in this case!!

Why should we Payers get some disadvantage ??

Or WG want loose the rest of the Players from WOWP?

Ok NP !!

klbergmen #18 Posted 06 November 2018 - 04:21 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 3893 battles
  • [JV44] JV44

- It was not a good idea to create a new currency (certificates) to devalue an existing currency (token).

- It is not a good idea to implement a new currency and not give any chance to see how much of it you still have left. (open orders are not a valid option)

- It is not a good idea to combine a promised exchange (certificates against gold) with a planned patch - this has nothing to do with each other and a delay in the patch will cause delay with the exchange too.

- Currency that was created for an event has to be exchanged when the event is over, not at some later point.

Did I forget something ?

Overall the certificates where a bad idea (except moneywise for WG) and I hope they will not come back in the next event.

CheefCoach #19 Posted 06 November 2018 - 07:31 PM

• Conquest Member
  • 3415 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM
deleted

Edited by CheefCoach, 07 November 2018 - 10:10 AM.

CheefCoach #20 Posted 06 November 2018 - 07:32 PM

• Conquest Member
  • 3415 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM
For heaven sake fixs the friking forum! 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users