Certificate Compensation

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

CheefCoach #21 Posted 06 November 2018 - 07:38 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 3417 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

I have written long and nice post about test server, and I got BS. 

On short: Test server population was low when server population was low (there wasn't so much difference in waiting time); people didn't want to come when there was no people to play with, so vicious circle continues. Now with higher server population (what you are telling us after 2.0), bots in the game, and PvE MM, there will be more folks on test server. 

When was test for 2.0, there was no room on test server. When there was test for German GA or US Republicans, there was enough people for normal games. 

https://stats-sig.eu/wowp/CheefCoach/ussr/xs/en/sig.png

GonerNL #22 Posted 07 November 2018 - 09:01 AM

• Advanced Member
  • 4694 battles

Side note, maybe suggestion :

would it be possible to display the number of certificates (if these will be used in future events) somewhere in the game client just like tokens, gold etc.

Or maybe even in the player profile ; there gold and credits are also displayed.

I think there would be a bit more confidence in the compensation system when people can actually see their certificates are still there and how many.

eekeeboo #23 Posted 07 November 2018 - 10:35 AM

Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 4395 battles

View PostCheefCoach, on 06 November 2018 - 07:32 PM, said:

For heaven sake fixs the friking forum! 

The forums are OLD and as mentioned in the past are currently in the process of a major and significant overhaul. So the current forum architecture is no longer supported or continually updated, knowing we'll be moving to a completely new system in the future. 

The test server was still unpopular even when the population was massive. With most people not testing, but logging in to try tier 10's and premiums for 5-10 games roughly and then leaving. That's why after a time there were rewards, badges and emblems for people who did a lot of testing and getting numerous battles on the test server. People like Cheaterhater were the few out of thousands of players who actually tested on the test server. The amount of resources to run a server, update it, maintain it, gather data, get feedback, update the forums, portal announcements etc far outweighs the number of actual testing and feedback that was gotten from the test server. I remember this from when I was a player only and the reason why the test server stopped. 

Edited by eekeeboo, 07 November 2018 - 10:38 AM.

eekeeboo #24 Posted 07 November 2018 - 10:36 AM

Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 4395 battles

View PostGonerNL, on 07 November 2018 - 09:01 AM, said:

That's something added in feedback for the future so that there will (hopefully) be a location in the service supply window that will show the number you own. 

zen_monk_ #25 Posted 07 November 2018 - 10:47 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Alpha Tester
  • 4199 battles
  • [__] __

View Posteekeeboo, on 07 November 2018 - 10:35 AM, said:

...... With most people not testing, but logging in to try tier 10's and premiums for 5-10 games roughly and then leaving ....... 

http://forum.worldof...plane-you-like/

stats were invented by Satan himself to suck the carefree fun out of gaming

johncarps #26 Posted 07 November 2018 - 11:45 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Conquest Member
  • 665 battles

View Posteekeeboo, on 07 November 2018 - 11:35 AM, said:

With most people not testing, but logging in to try tier 10's and premiums for 5-10 games roughly and then leaving. 

and perhaps want to grind quicker to have those planes and buy gold to do that

or buy premium they like because test 

for the end when ppl real try an give their point of view we all know what you make with their return or with those parts of forum ...

Edited by johncarps, 07 November 2018 - 12:05 PM.

satan probably make stats, but they are cold facts

CheefCoach #27 Posted 07 November 2018 - 12:06 PM

• Conquest Member
  • 3417 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

View Posteekeeboo, on 07 November 2018 - 11:35 AM, said:

The test server was still unpopular even when the population was massive. With most people not testing, but logging in to try tier 10's and premiums for 5-10 games roughly and then leaving. That's why after a time there were rewards, badges and emblems for people who did a lot of testing and getting numerous battles on the test server. People like Cheaterhater were the few out of thousands of players who actually tested on the test server.

10 battles are enough to detect incoming bugs. Right now we are experiencing them on live server, and than have to endure them for days until they are fixed-provideinly if we manage to explain to developers that there are bugs. 
https://stats-sig.eu/wowp/CheefCoach/ussr/xs/en/sig.png

eekeeboo #28 Posted 07 November 2018 - 12:58 PM

Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 4395 battles

View Postjohncarps, on 07 November 2018 - 11:45 AM, said:

Again, the test server isn't meant to be a try as you want. It's meant as a test server to actually test things with specific features encouraged to be broken. 

View PostCheefCoach, on 07 November 2018 - 12:06 PM, said:

Not for all the bugs, because the test server doesn't have live event taking place. People will not play as they would normally to try and earn a McCampbell's medal, people on test servers are more likely to try and ram the enemy than evade an enemy and care not about whether they use full gold ammo and equipment to test the balance of the plane. 

As someone with so much experience with the benefits of the test server, I'm sure you're more than aware of the intended purpose of the test server and how it was actually used. 

eekeeboo #29 Posted 07 November 2018 - 01:14 PM

Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 4395 battles

For those interested and the ones who I can tell wanted to actively know how many certificates they had please see below: 

Spoiler

Piq_Mastika #30 Posted 07 November 2018 - 01:42 PM

Senior Airman

• 1644 battles
  • [DITO] DITO

View Posteekeeboo, on 07 November 2018 - 02:58 PM, said:

Again, the test server isn't meant to be a try as you want. It's meant as a test server to actually test things with specific features encouraged to be broken.

As someone with so much experience with the benefits of the test server, I'm sure you're more than aware of the intended purpose of the test server and how it was actually used.

Of course with poor server population (comparing WOT and WOWs) test server is not a good option.

For trying new planes, an feature for loan (1 day, 1 week or per game maybe) sounds more than great.

johncarps #31 Posted 07 November 2018 - 06:53 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Conquest Member
  • 665 battles

View Posteekeeboo, on 07 November 2018 - 01:58 PM, said:

yes you are right and being a conquest member, i try nothing and never make return of beugs, no more comment (and the conquest part is destroy)

again and again 

instead of repeating the eternal ready-made answers, reads, and stops playing on the words

you understand very well the meaning of my post and also the opportunity offered to people to test planes and not just a test server but a server to test.
You'll understand the possibilities I'm talking about.

If you stay on the word test and you do not go further, actually you're right it is useless and saw the amount of beug reported to each update, as many of the players say the 2.0 is a life-size test and not a successful project.

Edited by johncarps, 07 November 2018 - 06:54 PM.

satan probably make stats, but they are cold facts

klbergmen #32 Posted 08 November 2018 - 10:56 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 3895 battles
  • [JV44] JV44

It's not only that the testserver was removed, currently there is no testing AT ALL.

In every event we see similar bugs again and again. Mostly bugs that would have been easy to detect - especially if you know that the same happened also in the last event. (not working missions, game crashes, flying trough the ground,...)

The balance issues with the bomber event could have been identified by just running 100% bot battles - you don't even need testers to see that there is something wrong.

GonerNL #33 Posted 08 November 2018 - 12:41 PM

• Advanced Member
  • 4694 battles

View Postklbergmen, on 08 November 2018 - 11:56 AM, said:

It's not only that the testserver was removed, currently there is no testing AT ALL.

There is a Supertest program .... CIS only.

eekeeboo #34 Posted 08 November 2018 - 12:51 PM

Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 4395 battles

View Postjohncarps, on 07 November 2018 - 06:53 PM, said:

The main difference being i'm not twisting the original statement to suit my needs. The original statement was: Test server, testing of bugs. That was the whole point of the post. Please feel free to re-read it. 

Horcan #35 Posted 08 November 2018 - 01:43 PM

• Beta Tester
  • 3548 battles
  • [_VI_] _VI_
I got the 350 gold for the 14 certificates i had, just after patch installed and game launch.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users