Jump to content


so this new event? grats cheaters?


  • Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

zumbledum #1 Posted 08 November 2018 - 08:06 PM

    Master Sergeant

  • Advanced Member
  • 1792 battles
  • 58
  • Member since:
    07-18-2017

Maybe im missing something but unless its actually possible for 10 people + in most regions to score over 100k points in under 5 minutes ?

 

seems legit?



Cruditatem #2 Posted 08 November 2018 - 10:20 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Beta Tester
  • 4760 battles
  • 327
  • [-DEL] -DEL
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012
I wondered, too

HiFiRe2142 #3 Posted 08 November 2018 - 11:06 PM

    Senior Airman

  • Member
  • 2029 battles
  • 40
  • [KNOUT] KNOUT
  • Member since:
    07-30-2014

They have the Crosshair like this:

 

Posted Image


Edited by HiFiRe2142, 08 November 2018 - 11:06 PM.


klbergmen #4 Posted 09 November 2018 - 09:45 AM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Advanced Member
  • 3893 battles
  • 371
  • [JV44] JV44
  • Member since:
    08-13-2014

View Postzumbledum, on 08 November 2018 - 10:06 PM, said:

Maybe im missing something but unless its actually possible for 10 people + in most regions to score over 100k points in under 5 minutes ?

 

seems legit?

 

What do you mean ?

GonerNL #5 Posted 09 November 2018 - 09:51 AM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Advanced Member
  • 4687 battles
  • 717
  • Member since:
    09-02-2017

By the time I logged in, there were several people well over 100K, but that was early evening when the event was underway for almost 6 hours ... some hours later I was also at 100K. 

Averaging 7-10K personal points per battle. 

 

 



0berhessen #6 Posted 09 November 2018 - 10:11 AM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Advanced Member
  • 1587 battles
  • 346
  • [BBMM] BBMM
  • Member since:
    06-27-2016

View Postzumbledum, on 08 November 2018 - 08:06 PM, said:

Maybe im missing something but unless its actually possible for 10 people + in most regions to score over 100k points in under 5 minutes ?

 

seems legit?

you have screenshots? it can be around 10 k points per battle - thats my personal experience...


Edited by 0berhessen, 09 November 2018 - 10:12 AM.


Horcan #7 Posted 09 November 2018 - 10:12 AM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Beta Tester
  • 3548 battles
  • 685
  • [_VI_] _VI_
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012
You can easily score 100k in 1 hour if you get good games. There are people specialised in a certain plane with which they score winged legend (14k ) almost every game. Also there will be many people who disregard win to score as many points as fast as possible, like playing bomber or GAA and instead of trying to capture a base, shooting rockets or dropping bombs to hit as many targets as possible instead of strategically hit some last small house to cap a base. Or even dogfighting rather than travel to a new base with a GAA. All this because win doesnt really influence the final PP you get.

Edited by Horcan, 09 November 2018 - 10:13 AM.


zumbledum #8 Posted 09 November 2018 - 10:45 AM

    Master Sergeant

  • Advanced Member
  • 1792 battles
  • 58
  • Member since:
    07-18-2017

i was playing a map when the event started , saw the new timer and button had a look , german ussr and UK had full list of top 20 that had scored over 100k , japan and US were noticebly lower but there were still 5 or so over 100k.

 

this is with the event being around 4 minutes old. during the time i finished half a match these guys scored in one game over 100k and got the table to update 

 

i didnt think to take screenshots though im kicking myself now , i just laughed rolled my eyes and thought well thats that then.

 

hmm i just thought of a possible reason , did this event start at different times in different regions?



Horcan #9 Posted 09 November 2018 - 11:01 AM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Beta Tester
  • 3548 battles
  • 685
  • [_VI_] _VI_
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012
I disagree. I started playing on the event from minute one and was in top 10 after every single game in russian ladder, from 15k after first game growing constantly until 100k when i stopped playing for that session.

GonerNL #10 Posted 09 November 2018 - 11:02 AM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Advanced Member
  • 4687 battles
  • 717
  • Member since:
    09-02-2017

View Postzumbledum, on 09 November 2018 - 11:45 AM, said:

did this event start at different times in different regions?

 

Not on the same (EU) server ... local time was different of course depending on where you live, but according to the site it runs like this

 

8 November at 17:00 CET to 13 November at 21:00 CET (UTC +1).

 

Oh wait, I see what you mean ... I thought the event started right after the server reset (for patch 2.0.8) at about 13:00 CET.

But if it really started at 17:00 CET it would be bloody hard to have about 150K (USSR pilot) when I first looked early evening.

 

Maybe the event started earlier and not at 17:00 ?? And some people got a head-start ...

What was the time when you first looked ?

 



zumbledum #11 Posted 09 November 2018 - 11:17 AM

    Master Sergeant

  • Advanced Member
  • 1792 battles
  • 58
  • Member since:
    07-18-2017

View PostGonerNL, on 09 November 2018 - 11:02 AM, said:

 

Not on the same (EU) server ... local time was different of course depending on where you live, but according to the site it runs like this

 

8 November at 17:00 CET to 13 November at 21:00 CET (UTC +1).

 

Oh wait, I see what you mean ... I thought the event started right after the server reset (for patch 2.0.8) at about 13:00 CET.

But if it really started at 17:00 CET it would be bloody hard to have about 150K (USSR pilot) when I first looked early evening.

 

Maybe the event started earlier and not at 17:00 ?? And some people got a head-start ...

What was the time when you first looked ?

 

 

5:04 cet ish (i think) , it was the time left at 23 hours and 56 mins that i was using to know how old the event was

Edited by zumbledum, 09 November 2018 - 11:18 AM.


GonerNL #12 Posted 09 November 2018 - 11:20 AM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Advanced Member
  • 4687 battles
  • 717
  • Member since:
    09-02-2017

Mmmm, sounds suspicious ... unless people were already playing and scoring by that time.

Maybe eekeeboo can shed some light on this ?

 



eekeeboo #13 Posted 09 November 2018 - 12:19 PM

    Community Manager

  • WG Staff
  • 4383 battles
  • 2,382
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012
I don't know of anyone scoring points at that time, I know I was in the top 10 preparing for the stream last night because it's possible to earn 15-16k pp in a landslide win at higher tiers. 

GonerNL #14 Posted 09 November 2018 - 12:31 PM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Advanced Member
  • 4687 battles
  • 717
  • Member since:
    09-02-2017

Yeah, but that was last night. I also flew in the evening for an hour or 2, 3 and got to #23 on the USSR ladder. By then the top 10 was well over 200K.

But just after 17:00 there were some players with pretty high scores it seems, so I wonder if the event really started at 5pm or maybe earlier ?

 

View Postzumbledum, on 09 November 2018 - 12:17 PM, said:

5:04 cet ish (i think) , it was the time left at 23 hours and 56 mins that i was using to know how old the event was

 

23 hours ? that would mean it ends this afternoon ? I thought it ran until Tuesday ??

Now I'm confused ... 

 

 


Edited by GonerNL, 09 November 2018 - 12:34 PM.


zumbledum #15 Posted 09 November 2018 - 02:35 PM

    Master Sergeant

  • Advanced Member
  • 1792 battles
  • 58
  • Member since:
    07-18-2017

View PostGonerNL, on 09 November 2018 - 12:31 PM, said:

Yeah, but that was last night. I also flew in the evening for an hour or 2, 3 and got to #23 on the USSR ladder. By then the top 10 was well over 200K.

But just after 17:00 there were some players with pretty high scores it seems, so I wonder if the event really started at 5pm or maybe earlier ?

 

 

23 hours ? that would mean it ends this afternoon ? I thought it ran until Tuesday ??

Now I'm confused ... 

 

 

 

i omitted the day as i wasnt sure what it was , im confident the hour was 23 and the minutes were 56 , i think the day was 4 but i wouldnt swear to it so i just left it out.




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users