Is it possible to see most/least played planes in game?

statistics planes

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Drunk_General #1 Posted 14 November 2018 - 03:27 PM

Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 1835 battles
  • [EE] EE

Like the title say, is it possible to see the most/least played planes in the game and their performance anywhere?

Ie. if I go to the COMMUNITY / Hall of Fame tab I can see the statistics of players, what nation, plane, etc.

But nothing for the individual planes in general.

All-in-all I just love statstics and I often play and equip towards what I'm most likely to encounter.

But right now I'm just doing that on a hunch.

Any help? :)

eekeeboo #2 Posted 14 November 2018 - 04:21 PM

Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 5026 battles
Do you mean from the whole game or just for the player? From the player yes, for the whole game no. 

Drunk_General #3 Posted 14 November 2018 - 04:26 PM

Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 1835 battles
  • [EE] EE

View Posteekeeboo, on 14 November 2018 - 04:21 PM, said:

Do you mean from the whole game or just for the player? From the player yes, for the whole game no. 

Yes I was thinking for the whole game. Fx, what is the most played heavy fighter for tier 7 and what is its winrate. Those kind of stats.

But I guess you already answered my question :)
Would be really nice info to have though.

Any chance of something like that being implemented in the future?

eekeeboo #4 Posted 14 November 2018 - 04:32 PM

Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 5026 battles
That sort of information pulling is a feature we once had, but as far as I know, there's no plan for its reintroduction. sorry :( 

deaxter_hero #5 Posted 18 November 2018 - 01:52 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 6807 battles
  • [-DFA-] -DFA-
These stats used to be here, but after latest refresh was done during 1.9 meaning no fresh stats available as of 2.0: https://eu.warplanes.today

Isoruku_Yamamoto #6 Posted 19 November 2018 - 02:52 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 2280 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM
@ eekeeboo : 
I know that there are sites out there, such as XVM with WoT and Warshipstoday for WoWS (previously also for WoWP) which would track this data for you guys if you let them. 

Would it be an idea to see if such site is interested in picking this up?

eekeeboo #7 Posted 19 November 2018 - 03:10 PM

Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 5026 battles

View PostIsoruku_Yamamoto, on 19 November 2018 - 02:52 PM, said:

Such sites would originally work, but with the change and disabling of a lot of API features I believe this to be no longer the case. 

klbergmen #8 Posted 20 November 2018 - 09:28 AM

• Advanced Member
  • 5210 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

I really like the WoT app. It gives statistics of my performance for every tank I have and even which tanks I killed with each of them.

I also like tank comparison Websites and XVM although this has also some drawbacks.

WoWP is missing out a lot in this regard. Closing API's is a bad idea. This is taking away a lot of possible content for a game.

eekeeboo #9 Posted 20 November 2018 - 09:33 AM

Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 5026 battles

View Postklbergmen, on 20 November 2018 - 09:28 AM, said:

I really like the WoT app. It gives statistics of my performance for every tank I have and even which tanks I killed with each of them.

I also like tank comparison Websites and XVM although this has also some drawbacks.

WoWP is missing out a lot in this regard. Closing API's is a bad idea. This is taking away a lot of possible content for a game.

The problem with "XVM" for planes is unlike tanks, you have absolutely no where to hide and no time to breathe when you're being focused to high heaven and back. Though websites that allowed you to track your personal progress, you need only sear hyrunomod to see how such things were abused. 

klbergmen #10 Posted 20 November 2018 - 11:57 AM

• Advanced Member
  • 5210 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

View Posteekeeboo, on 20 November 2018 - 11:33 AM, said:

The problem with "XVM" for planes is unlike tanks, you have absolutely no where to hide and no time to breathe when you're being focused to high heaven and back. Though websites that allowed you to track your personal progress, you need only sear hyrunomod to see how such things were abused.

I think ingame you should not be able to see how good other players are. This only creates problems - see WoT. good players are focused and bad players are blamed.

I don't know if you should be able to see other players ratings in general, probably better not.

But what several people already asked for is a way so see more statistics about yourself - also compared to the average player, your own performance in each of your planes and in general the performance of planes compared to each other (although I'm also not sure about the last point)

This would give everbody more ways to rate their own performance and an incentive to improve.

zen_monk_ #11 Posted 20 November 2018 - 12:22 PM

First Lieutenant

• Alpha Tester
  • 9509 battles
  • [__] __

View Postklbergmen, on 20 November 2018 - 11:57 AM, said:

I think ingame you should not be able to see how good other players are. This only creates problems - see WoT. good players are focused and bad players are blamed.

I clearly remember when XVM came to WoT like an avalanche of toxic and it only got worse and worse. It was not quite friendly before, but like a Sunday mass compared to after XVM.

View Postklbergmen, on 20 November 2018 - 11:57 AM, said:

I don't know if you should be able to see other players ratings in general, probably better not.

In WoWS you have an option to close your stats to all.

stats were invented by Satan himself to suck the carefree fun out of gaming                            

klbergmen #12 Posted 20 November 2018 - 01:16 PM

• Advanced Member
  • 5210 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

View Postzen_monk_, on 20 November 2018 - 02:22 PM, said:

I clearly remember when XVM came to WoT like an avalanche of toxic and it only got worse and worse. It was not quite friendly before, but like a Sunday mass compared to after XVM.

In WoWS you have an option to close your stats to all.

I really started playing WoT when I found out about XVM. Before I was driving around like an idiot and didn't care at all.

It has its drawbacks - mainly because you can see other's ratings ingame - but I'm a big fan.

Most tomatoes probably don't know about XVM and so don't know how crapthey are.

Also tagged with statistics, planes

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users