A review of the XP-36F

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

m_graham #1 Posted 15 November 2018 - 12:22 AM

Airman Basic

• 44 battles
It was played on my CC account and the plane is fully specialized.  You will get an idea what the XP-36F can do when it is specialized,  Can anyone say critical hit?

https://www.youtube....0uSkdcck7A&t=3s

eekeeboo #2 Posted 15 November 2018 - 10:39 AM

Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 4600 battles
Thank-you for taking the time to do the review! 

RoyalFlyingCorps #3 Posted 15 November 2018 - 08:35 PM

Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 12058 battles
  • [W___P] W___P

Some comments:

1. An explanation of your equipment choices may have been useful (why this and not that?).
  2. An explanation of your skills choices may have been useful.
  3. Similarly, your consumable choices; you carry a first aid kit and you were set on fire during the game.  Why the preference?
  4. Mentioning whether or not you were top or bottom tier in your replay and whether this affected your choice of tactics would have been helpful.
  5. A comparison with similar aircraft would have been helpful.
  6. A brief run down of the battle order and threats that concerned you when flying this aircraft, both in this replay and in general, would have been helpful.
  7. In the replay there are some quite long periods where you say nothing.  A discussion of tactics, your current target, your current thinking about the state of the battle, what you think the aircraft is good at doing and what it is not, may have been useful at these times.
  8. Perhaps use selections from more than one game to illustrate the capabilities of the aircraft; here you chose right at the start to stay in one sector and defend, which dictated your activity.  What else could the plane have done well?
  9. An analysis of the credit and free experience earning potential of the plane would have been helpful, though of course this means an appreciation of other planes' earning potentials is needed.
  10. Summarising the game isn't really necessary except where a statistic illustrates a point about the aircraft you have made earlier.
  11. An expanded summary of the aircraft's capabilities at the end would have been useful; what can it do well, what shouldn't be tried in it, where it stands in relation to regular aircraft and other tier 4 premiums and, above all, why you think it is or isn't worth having.

I enjoyed the video.  You have an excellent presentation voice and it's clear you know a lot about World Of Warplanes.  I look forward to seeing more from you.

Edited by RoyalFlyingCorps, 15 November 2018 - 08:36 PM.

m_graham #4 Posted 16 November 2018 - 01:11 AM

Airman Basic

• 44 battles

Thank you Q for the kind words.  I have actually printed up your suggestions and I shall use them.  What I really worry about is the length of the video.  I want to keep the review as succinct as possible.  What I do not want is me talking for 30+ minutes.  I will edit out spawn time and flying between capture points if nothing occurred from now on and that should free up dead time..

A-rithist, taing airson na faclan agus comhairle co-cheangailte.

m_graham

RoyalFlyingCorps #5 Posted 16 November 2018 - 06:15 AM

Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 12058 battles
  • [W___P] W___P

B 'e mo thoileachas a bh' ann. :)

I don't think you could squeeze everything into a video of 10 minutes, but it should be possible to achieve 15 to 20 minutes, particularly if you edit the replays or use selections from several rather than entire games.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users