Has the chance of superiority wins/defeats increased?

Superiority

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

RoyalFlyingCorps #1 Posted 16 November 2018 - 10:57 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 16633 battles
  • [W___P] W___P

There is a feeling amongst the players to whom I talk that since patch 2.0.8 there has been a noticeable increase in the number of games ending in “superiority” wins or losses..  At the same time it has been remarked that the games generally are producing fewer personal points and, consequently, less free experience and fewer credits.  People noticed that to win the reward plane, the XP-36F, achieving 10,000 personal points in a game was much harder than it seemed to be in the past.

Has the matchmaking been changed so that superiority is a more likely outcome?

Has there been an unannounced nerf to the free experience and credit earning potentials of planes?

Or, if superiority is a more likely outcome, is it that more games are ending more quickly, before players can amass the kinds of high personal points scores that they used to do in the past?

So far as credit making is concerned, I used to earn 500,000 credits in tier 8 premium aircraft quite regularly.  Recently, I’ve noticed 300,000 credits is hard to achieve.  It does feel like there’s been a nerf, whether directly to earning potentials or indirectly.

Edited by RoyalFlyingCorps, 16 November 2018 - 10:59 AM.

eekeeboo #2 Posted 16 November 2018 - 11:16 AM

Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 5021 battles

For the matchmaker change, no such system exists that can affect the outcome in such a way, but mostly represents what you see when more people who are casual or returning for new planes like the Fortress bombers etc. You will generally notice these swinging victories far more frequently, especially if there are set missions tasks to be completed, people will usually focus on those than usual play style. 

The credit earning and free xp hasn't been touched since the previous changes to the economy. The free xp based on the % of the normal xp you earn. Credit-earning rates were altered a few patches ago. 

I haven't noticed anything too out of the ordinary with games except maybe the affect more more people playing things like bombers that are more effective in swinging those mining plants quickly vs previously where it could take some GAA and bombers 1-2 passes, you now have things like the B32 that can 1 pass it and move on. Add this to people rushing to get points for the leaderboard or a knock on effect of people used to battles ending quickly so they try to earn points faster and thus increasing the overall speed of victory in the game. 

You will also notice as more people leave the battle the larger the effect it has on the path the battle then takes and the outcome can then very quickly swing the other way. 

RoyalFlyingCorps #3 Posted 16 November 2018 - 01:28 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 16633 battles
  • [W___P] W___P
All interesting factors.  Thanks for the full reply, Eek.

klbergmen #4 Posted 21 November 2018 - 03:46 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 5210 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

So we need less events and special missions to have a better gameplay :)

GonerNL #5 Posted 01 January 2019 - 11:34 AM

First Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 10628 battles

View Posteekeeboo, on 16 November 2018 - 12:16 PM, said:

You will also notice as more people leave the battle the larger the effect it has on the path the battle then takes and the outcome can then very quickly swing the other way.

Or maybe it's the other way around ; the more people find out they are on the wrong side of a roflstomp (read ; air superiority) again, the more will leave the game ... and it's matchmakers fault when it gives one side (for instance) a human B-32 who knows exactly what he's doing and the other side gets a stupid bot in a Do-217 or something.

Edited by GonerNL, 01 January 2019 - 11:35 AM.

RoyalFlyingCorps #6 Posted 04 January 2019 - 08:35 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 16633 battles
  • [W___P] W___P
I don't suppose we will ever have a match-making system that everybody applauds, but the problem with GAA/Bomber combinations is of particular concern currently.  I see too many games where one side has human players in a good bomber and two good ground attackers, or even three good ground attackers, whilst the other side has one or none human players in inferior planes of the same classes.  It's usually the case that the heavies on the latter team are bots as well.  More often than not those games are not fun and end in a quick win for the first team.

Horcan #7 Posted 02 February 2019 - 04:20 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 5745 battles
  • [ODV] ODV
This was one of the many games i just quit after 1-2 minutes , because there was simply no point to play it since i needed win, and it was absolutely obvious it was a sure defeat. Having a streak of 5-6 consecutive games like that, its nothing but alt+F4 and play some other game. Keep on with this matchmaker ( which is worst in the history on wowp, never had so many unbalanced games one after the other ) , and we all know the result.
Posted Image
Retired from this censored BS forum

Piq_Mastika #8 Posted 03 February 2019 - 11:24 AM

• Advanced Member
  • 6104 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

View PostHorcan, on 02 February 2019 - 06:20 PM, said:

This was one of the many games i just quit after 1-2 minutes , because there was simply no point to play it since i needed win, and it was absolutely obvious it was a sure defeat. Having a streak of 5-6 consecutive games like that, its nothing but alt+F4 and play some other game. Keep on with this matchmaker ( which is worst in the history on wowp, never had so many unbalanced games one after the other ) , and we all know the result.
Posted Image

Sure the leaving from the weak team will make your team's job way easier and fun.

Horcan #9 Posted 03 February 2019 - 11:51 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 5745 battles
  • [ODV] ODV

View PostPiq_Mastika, on 03 February 2019 - 12:24 PM, said:

Sure the leaving from the weak team will make your team's job way easier and fun.

Im not sure i understand whats your point.

Dis4ster #10 Posted 03 February 2019 - 12:13 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 2609 battles

View PostHorcan, on 03 February 2019 - 11:51 AM, said:

Im not sure i understand whats your point.

He wanted to say you should waste your time until the battle ends, because 14 noobs on your team are not enough for the seal clubbers on the enemy team.

I usually leave the battle when the respawn timer hits 40sec.

Piq_Mastika #11 Posted 04 February 2019 - 06:22 AM

• Advanced Member
  • 6104 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

View PostDis4ster, on 03 February 2019 - 02:13 PM, said:

He wanted to say you should waste your time until the battle ends, because 14 noobs on your team are not enough for the seal clubbers on the enemy team.

I usually leave the battle when the respawn timer hits 40sec.

Exactly! Staying ingame will bring you more bonuses - money, medals, etc. and leaving causes to bans already.

Horcan #12 Posted 04 February 2019 - 01:01 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 5745 battles
  • [ODV] ODV

View PostPiq_Mastika, on 04 February 2019 - 07:22 AM, said:

Exactly! Staying ingame will bring you more bonuses - money, medals, etc. and leaving causes to bans already.

Im not interested in making credits. And hardly i can get medals when i fight alone versus 4-5 decent to good humans, from which 3 are in heavy fighters, when im in a weak fighter or multirole. What im interested in is doing my missions i have selected, and most of them require a win. I wasnt banned so far for leaving games, nor did i heard about anyone being either. The moment im going to be, i will just afk in such games that are lost from the start, because of devs incompentence to make a fair game. It wouldnt make a difference. The solution to this problem is fixing the damn problem, not banning people for taking attitude.

Dis4ster #13 Posted 04 February 2019 - 03:45 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 2609 battles

I had a battle with 2 human bombers on the enemy team vs. 1 bot bomber on my team(are the bots limited or what), the enemy team also had 1 human heavy while my team had only bot heavies and the best part of it, it was a map with 2 mining sectors, what a glorious battle that was.

Maybe the dev lurking on this forum can tell us why there were 2 human bombers on the same team, why was the bot bomber needed if there were enough humans in the queue to create a fairer matchup.

And why do i and 3 other human players need to fight as bottom tier against 4 higher tier bots and 1 higher tier human. Using the majority to fill up the battle for the minority instead of using the minority as filler, something very stupid is going on here.

RoyalFlyingCorps #14 Posted 11 February 2019 - 11:58 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 16633 battles
  • [W___P] W___P

I deplore people quitting games because they think they’re lost, but Horcan has a point.  If the matchmaker keeps giving you horribly unbalanced games it doesn’t matter who you are, your patience is going to be tried.  I’ve stuck it out through 29 defeats in a row in the past, but I really don’t see why most players would want to bother with that.

I look to World Of Tanks (itself a game in decline).  Generally the worst sequences of matchmaking will only last four or five games, so to me the solution is obvious; get more players in this game.  Unfortunately, I think it’s too late to do that.  I believe this game’s future is to remain a niche WG game and to wither away slowly.

Edited by RoyalFlyingCorps, 11 February 2019 - 11:59 AM.

GonerNL #15 Posted 14 February 2019 - 01:03 PM

First Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 10628 battles

As posted in another thread ; yesterday evening I quit after just 4 battles. All roflstmps (3 total defeats, 1 total victory). All went into air superiority real quick with no chance at a comeback. Last battle I lawndarted and quit ...

But no, nothing wrong with matchmaker :amazed:

If it stays like this, I might quit battles more & more. I play this game for fun, not frustration.

Renwor #16 Posted 14 February 2019 - 01:22 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 2470 battles

It seems to me maybe this game is getting influx of new players, because at IV tier quite often humans play far worse than bad bots, completely cluless - and i don't thing there were some serious rewards to suck in WOT players looking for easy gold or premium, so I have no  other explanation.

I scored several "Winged Legends" in battles we still lost. It felt like I am the only one trying to do something on both teams.

While I do not object to a "wing legend" it still felt more like an accident

paca_madaidhean #17 Posted 19 October 2019 - 11:07 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 6506 battles
  • [BIZZ] BIZZ

yep I know when I am going to lose why you ask the bots for help and get none  they turn away and fly the other way when flying  gaa

I know I am going to win when bot sticks with you through thick and thin when flying a fighter 

lose when you attack base  and get rammed by team bot or air defence  when flying a fighter 

lose when no fighter on your side attacks the bombers  and you have no chance of getting high enough to hit them 

lose when your gaa gets shot out the sky (aa) before you drop a bomb (t1/2/3) 

best one yet is a t2 game (misson for token time) I scored twice as much as the best humans, 4  I think it was and lost  ps I had caped  all 4 bases  but lost caps because of naff bots 

Edited by paca_madaidhean, 19 October 2019 - 11:07 PM.

Frateras #18 Posted 21 October 2019 - 12:15 AM

• Advanced Member
  • 9050 battles
  • [JV44] JV44
Anyway, when I get less then 5000 points it is my fault even when the team is bad and the game is short. People always talk about the team and the matchmaker but not about what they  could have done better.

Emtod #19 Posted 21 October 2019 - 04:17 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 4472 battles
  • [FEED] FEED

View PostFrateras, on 21 October 2019 - 12:15 AM, said:

Anyway, when I get less then 5000 points it is my fault even when the team is bad and the game is short. People always talk about the team and the matchmaker but not about what they  could have done better.

And you have to take in account, that you get 1k Points only for participation. Therefore you have to make only 4k by yourself.

No matter how bad the team is - 4k Points should be easy doable.

Frateras #20 Posted 23 October 2019 - 06:46 AM

• Advanced Member
  • 9050 battles
  • [JV44] JV44

View PostHorcan, on 04 February 2019 - 01:01 PM, said:

Im not interested in making credits. And hardly i can get medals when i fight alone versus 4-5 decent to good humans, from which 3 are in heavy fighters, when im in a weak fighter or multirole. What im interested in is doing my missions i have selected, and most of them require a win. I wasnt banned so far for leaving games, nor did i heard about anyone being either. The moment im going to be, i will just afk in such games that are lost from the start, because of devs incompentence to make a fair game. It wouldnt make a difference. The solution to this problem is fixing the damn problem, not banning people for taking attitude.

The issue is that some battles can be won by gaining superiority even in the last moment and there is a self fulfilling prophecy when an a lot of people do like you do.  

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users