Jump to content


Upgrades enhancing


  • Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

chefde72 #1 Posted 16 November 2018 - 11:34 AM

    Airman Basic

  • Member
  • 4101 battles
  • 2
  • [BBMM] BBMM
  • Member since:
    11-18-2013

Ok. so i have spent some time collecting materials of the battlefield, so before i started enhancing my equipment i read that calibrate max first then enchance, noticed not much difference in this TBH  as only goes to 318 after enchaning. so on and so on. 

So what i have noticed which is bugging me big time. is that at end of game or  during game play when your look at leaderboard you can see  the quality of the players plane ie purple gold etc. and if elite or specialist. so exmaple my spitfire tier 8 specialist has all purple mods, sight, lightweigt wing frame, power unit and reinforced skin. all have been calibrated to max. yet when I start a game and check whom I am up against i see there plane gold or purple etc, yet my plane is grey.

 

To add insult to injury i just brought lighening tier 6 to complete some missions, not even elite yet and has one stock mod engine protection not even calibrated yet on screen in game its purple ???

makes no sense, and i feel my planes performance is effected by this as i struggle against planes that have lower turn as my spitfire and then out turn me in a circle. eveen some ai controlled such as p51. how can a p51 outurn a spitfire especially when im specialist there elite. or is there something i have missed in realtion to enhancing my equippment. 

my piliot has 8 skill points as well in my spitfire and all turn a yaw skills. 

 

This is just one example have this on all mmy planes including attacker swift p51 none show purple or gold in game.



Timewarp76 #2 Posted 16 November 2018 - 01:09 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Beta Tester
  • 1151 battles
  • 237
  • [BBMM] BBMM
  • Member since:
    04-10-2013

View Postchefde72, on 16 November 2018 - 12:34 PM, said:

 

 

Here is a video that Iso put together which may help you out a bit.

.


[BBMM] Beer Belly Master Mindz (recruiting) - English Speaking - Mature
If you are interested in having some fun and hanging out with a good crowd, look us up! Our primary  game language is English and we have members from all over the EU and even a few Americans living in Germany as well. We are typically online nightly around 2100 CET. Feel free to stop by and say hi, our voice server is Discord here is the link https://:  discord.gg/mezA43q

Piq_Mastika #3 Posted 16 November 2018 - 02:40 PM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Advanced Member
  • 6104 battles
  • 630
  • [BBMM] BBMM
  • Member since:
    07-31-2017

View Postchefde72, on 16 November 2018 - 01:34 PM, said:

Ok. so i have spent some time collecting materials of the battlefield, so before i started enhancing my equipment i read that calibrate max first then enchance, noticed not much difference in this TBH  as only goes to 318 after enchaning. so on and so on.

So what i have noticed which is bugging me big time. is that at end of game or  during game play when your look at leaderboard you can see  the quality of the players plane ie purple gold etc. and if elite or specialist. so exmaple my spitfire tier 8 specialist has all purple mods, sight, lightweigt wing frame, power unit and reinforced skin. all have been calibrated to max. yet when I start a game and check whom I am up against i see there plane gold or purple etc, yet my plane is grey.

 

To add insult to injury i just brought lighening tier 6 to complete some missions, not even elite yet and has one stock mod engine protection not even calibrated yet on screen in game its purple ???

makes no sense, and i feel my planes performance is effected by this as i struggle against planes that have lower turn as my spitfire and then out turn me in a circle. eveen some ai controlled such as p51. how can a p51 outurn a spitfire especially when im specialist there elite. or is there something i have missed in realtion to enhancing my equippment.

my piliot has 8 skill points as well in my spitfire and all turn a yaw skills.

 

This is just one example have this on all mmy planes including attacker swift p51 none show purple or gold in game.

 

I was at the same situation before I maxed t4 premium and started to farm with it.

Isoruku_Yamamoto #4 Posted 17 November 2018 - 03:31 PM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Advanced Member
  • 2262 battles
  • 633
  • [BBMM] BBMM
  • Member since:
    07-02-2015

As timewarp said, i have several vids on equipment types, enhancing etc.

 

First of all: my experience is that you shpuld enhance first, then calibrate. Some like the other way around better, i rereally dont. 

 

Second: know your equipment. IMO engine armour protection is not optimal for a lightning.

 

Third: determine where you want to go to in terms of equipment.

 

Fourth: a P51 will nwver outturn a spitfire if you both are doing the same things. You can try to make a P51 more manoeuvrable, but a specialist manoeuvrability spitfire will win. A P51s strengths are speed, altitude and guns, not manoeuvrability. This is something to consider when choosing tech tree lines



klbergmen #5 Posted 19 November 2018 - 04:51 PM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Advanced Member
  • 5210 battles
  • 993
  • [BBMM] BBMM
  • Member since:
    08-13-2014

First of all when you talk about specialist status then this means that you bought it, right ? After you finished the specialist-mission you can buy the specialist status. If you don't buy it you'r still not specialist and don't get the wings, even though the mission is completed.

With specialist status you get more equipment slots and can use higher equipment levels. You can also equip higher equipment without specialisation but the boni will not be active (when you fly its red).

Higher equipment gives two advantages:

1. Better base boni, but also worse penalties.

2. Each enhancement step gives an additional bonus out of two. You can reroll these boni.


 

In most cases the boni that come with enhancement are worth more than the base boni that you have to weigh against the penalties.

When the base bonus goes up in most cases the penalty also goes up. The penalty might become so big that it really hurts. So in many cases I enhance to the max to get these additional boni but then don't calibrate more to not increase the penalty any more.


 

What did I mean with this: "When the base bonus goes up in most cases the penalty also goes up."

The relation base bonus:penalty is not fix, there is a little bit room for improvement. With calibration you can have good rolls that incease the base bonus while the penalty is not much increased or you can even reduce the penalty while not touching the base bonus. So you can improve the relation base bonis:penalty with calibration. Thats what I do right at the beginning but don't try it too much. I stop after 2 rolls that improve it because very soon the system will stop giving these good rolls. I do this right at the beginning because with every enhancement calibration becomes more expensive.

So I try to get two very good calibration rolls and then enhance to the max. There is absolutely no reason to calibrate any more until enhancement is completed. When enhancement is completed you have to decide if you want to calibrate more or not because the penalty will also go up.

The boni fro enhancement can be rerolled. Overall you can 3x enhance and each step has 2 possible boni. you can reroll and get any of the once that are already enabled. So after 3 enhancements you can reroll to any 3 out of 6 possible boni. But be warned, These rerolls are very expensive. I spent up to 10million credits just to reroll one piece of equipment to the right boni.


 

When you enhance note down in which relation base boni:penalty go up. If you calibrate don't accept any rolls that are worse than this relation.


 

Maybe I should add pictures to clarify what I mean with base boni or boni from enhancement ?


 



Piq_Mastika #6 Posted 20 November 2018 - 06:06 AM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Advanced Member
  • 6104 battles
  • 630
  • [BBMM] BBMM
  • Member since:
    07-31-2017

View Postklbergmen, on 19 November 2018 - 06:51 PM, said:

First of all when you talk about specialist status then this means that you bought it, right ? After you finished the specialist-mission you can buy the specialist status. If you don't buy it you'r still not specialist and don't get the wings, even though the mission is completed.

With specialist status you get more equipment slots and can use higher equipment levels. You can also equip higher equipment without specialisation but the boni will not be active (when you fly its red).

Higher equipment gives two advantages:

1. Better base boni, but also worse penalties.

2. Each enhancement step gives an additional bonus out of two. You can reroll these boni.


 

In most cases the boni that come with enhancement are worth more than the base boni that you have to weigh against the penalties.

When the base bonus goes up in most cases the penalty also goes up. The penalty might become so big that it really hurts. So in many cases I enhance to the max to get these additional boni but then don't calibrate more to not increase the penalty any more.


 

What did I mean with this: "When the base bonus goes up in most cases the penalty also goes up."

The relation base bonus:penalty is not fix, there is a little bit room for improvement. With calibration you can have good rolls that incease the base bonus while the penalty is not much increased or you can even reduce the penalty while not touching the base bonus. So you can improve the relation base bonis:penalty with calibration. Thats what I do right at the beginning but don't try it too much. I stop after 2 rolls that improve it because very soon the system will stop giving these good rolls. I do this right at the beginning because with every enhancement calibration becomes more expensive.

So I try to get two very good calibration rolls and then enhance to the max. There is absolutely no reason to calibrate any more until enhancement is completed. When enhancement is completed you have to decide if you want to calibrate more or not because the penalty will also go up.

The boni fro enhancement can be rerolled. Overall you can 3x enhance and each step has 2 possible boni. you can reroll and get any of the once that are already enabled. So after 3 enhancements you can reroll to any 3 out of 6 possible boni. But be warned, These rerolls are very expensive. I spent up to 10million credits just to reroll one piece of equipment to the right boni.


 

When you enhance note down in which relation base boni:penalty go up. If you calibrate don't accept any rolls that are worse than this relation.


 

Maybe I should add pictures to clarify what I mean with base boni or boni from enhancement ?


 

 

As addition to the said, at max calibration you get few per cents of the penalty off, so in the most of the cases max calibration worth.

klbergmen #7 Posted 20 November 2018 - 08:25 AM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Advanced Member
  • 5210 battles
  • 993
  • [BBMM] BBMM
  • Member since:
    08-13-2014

View PostPiq_Mastika, on 20 November 2018 - 08:06 AM, said:

 

As addition to the said, at max calibration you get few per cents of the penalty off, so in the most of the cases max calibration worth.

 

What do you mean ?

With calibration you can improve bonus:penalty ratio a little bit but very soon you get at best the same ratio as enhancment gives. You can dispute if ist better to do this right at the beginning (then calibration is cheaper but it doesn't bring you closer to the max technology level) or after the enhancement (then calibration costs more but each calibration that you accept really brings you closer to the max technology level)



Piq_Mastika #8 Posted 20 November 2018 - 08:50 AM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Advanced Member
  • 6104 battles
  • 630
  • [BBMM] BBMM
  • Member since:
    07-31-2017

View Postklbergmen, on 20 November 2018 - 10:25 AM, said:

 

What do you mean ?

With calibration you can improve bonus:penalty ratio a little bit but very soon you get at best the same ratio as enhancment gives. You can dispute if ist better to do this right at the beginning (then calibration is cheaper but it doesn't bring you closer to the max technology level) or after the enhancement (then calibration costs more but each calibration that you accept really brings you closer to the max technology level)

 

I mean when you calibrate an item to about 460 you have the worse penalty and already maxed bonus. The rest calibration to 478 do not give you bonus but only reduces your penalty a little (for example 20% penalty of something becomes 17%)

Isoruku_Yamamoto #9 Posted 20 November 2018 - 09:55 AM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Advanced Member
  • 2262 battles
  • 633
  • [BBMM] BBMM
  • Member since:
    07-02-2015

View PostPiq_Mastika, on 20 November 2018 - 08:50 AM, said:

 

I mean when you calibrate an item to about 460 you have the worse penalty and already maxed bonus. The rest calibration to 478 do not give you bonus but only reduces your penalty a little (for example 20% penalty of something becomes 17%)

 

This is not necessarily true at a value of 460, but it can be true. the step from 474 to 478 is always the penalty reduction step. 
460 can also be a quite low penalty, which needs to be reduced a tiny bit further, while the bonus effect can still be increased. 

chefde72 and klbergmen; i'm not sure if you guys know this but we have a whole database on the cost of equipment enhancing (and some calibrating too) if you'd like to make estimates before starting :D
 

klbergmen #10 Posted 20 November 2018 - 10:21 AM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Advanced Member
  • 5210 battles
  • 993
  • [BBMM] BBMM
  • Member since:
    08-13-2014

View PostPiq_Mastika, on 20 November 2018 - 10:50 AM, said:

 

I mean when you calibrate an item to about 460 you have the worse penalty and already maxed bonus. The rest calibration to 478 do not give you bonus but only reduces your penalty a little (for example 20% penalty of something becomes 17%)

 

I didn't know this - so maybe my initial calibration is useless if I anyway get this in the end.

 

@Isoruku_Yamamoto: I know you'r creating this DB about the costs but that's not so interesting to me. This is like with money - ether you have it or not :teethhappy:

What really would be interesting is which boni you can get with which equipment. Somewhere I saw a bonus +x%damage but I don't remember where. This would be very interesting for single shot guns, no matter what else comes with this equipment.


 


Edited by klbergmen, 20 November 2018 - 10:24 AM.


Isoruku_Yamamoto #11 Posted 20 November 2018 - 10:30 AM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Advanced Member
  • 2262 battles
  • 633
  • [BBMM] BBMM
  • Member since:
    07-02-2015

View Postklbergmen, on 20 November 2018 - 10:21 AM, said:

 

I didn't know this - so maybe my initial calibration is useless if I anyway get this in the end.

 

@Isoruku_Yamamoto: I know you'r creating this DB about the costs but that's not so interesting to me. This is like with money - ether you have it or not :teethhappy:

What really would be interesting is which boni you can get with which equipment. Somewhere I saw a bonus +x%damage but I don't remember where. This would be very interesting for single shot guns, no matter what else comes with this equipment.


 

Got it right here for you i think. 
+x% alpha damage does not exist in that set unfortunately, but there are some cool things in here. I for instance have a strengthened hardpoints with 10% rocket reload boost, 10% bomb reload boost & 10 % rocket accuracy (the double 3rd level is possible since the reassembling feature is available). 
 

https://blog.worldofwarplanes.eu/mechanics/new-equipment-enhancement-and-calibration/

 


Edit: never noticed, but as piq_mastika pointed out: long range gun barrles do offer 5% damage increase on the 2nd level. Indeed very interesting on stuff like the Yak-multiroles. 


Edited by Isoruku_Yamamoto, 20 November 2018 - 10:53 AM.


Piq_Mastika #12 Posted 20 November 2018 - 10:42 AM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Advanced Member
  • 6104 battles
  • 630
  • [BBMM] BBMM
  • Member since:
    07-31-2017

View Postklbergmen, on 20 November 2018 - 12:21 PM, said:

 

I didn't know this - so maybe my initial calibration is useless if I anyway get this in the end.

 

@Isoruku_Yamamoto: I know you'r creating this DB about the costs but that's not so interesting to me. This is like with money - ether you have it or not :teethhappy:

What really would be interesting is which boni you can get with which equipment. Somewhere I saw a bonus +x%damage but I don't remember where. This would be very interesting for single shot guns, no matter what else comes with this equipment.


 

 

View PostIsoruku_Yamamoto, on 20 November 2018 - 12:30 PM, said:

Got it right here for you i think. 
+x% alpha damage does not exist in that set unfortunately, but there are some cool things in here. I for instance have a strengthened hardpoints with 10% rocket reload boost, 10% bomb reload boost & 10 % rocket accuracy (the double 3rd level is possible since the reassembling feature is available). 
 

https://blog.worldofwarplanes.eu/mechanics/new-equipment-enhancement-and-calibration/

 

Long Gun Barrels provides a bonus of +5% dmg, I think that is all with +%x dmg




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users