the logic behind daily missions

daily missions

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

majid_HD #1 Posted 20 November 2018 - 05:25 AM

Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 78 battles

a daily mission has 3 parts. low tiers,middle tiers and high tiers..

most of the missions in low tiers are harder to complete than high tiers (sometimes impossible) but it's must be easier .

for example : kill the required number of bombers in an attack flight.

I played +20 battles tier 4, and no map with command centers !

and ex: make 10,000 Exp (not sure about the value) while you doing GT ...in high tiers it's too easy and in low tier you need +20 battles maybe more , sometimes it must be victory to be counted .

yeah, I know I can skip and change the missions, I did but It's replace with a completed mission ! what a f***ing bug .

I like to ask the designer, why ??

Horcan #2 Posted 20 November 2018 - 06:34 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 4358 battles
  • [FEED] FEED
Because most things in this game is done like this. Someone says " i have an idea ". Then someone else says " good idea " . And then they throw it live for people to test. Nobody except probably eekeeboo  ( which isnt developer ) play this game regularly, so they usually have no clue about the impact on the game , if its really a good idea or mostly will just piss people off. Or if its good idea , its badly implemented and unbalanced. Then it takes forever to take it back/balance/change it , because its not in the list of priorities.Just like this daily missions thing which was probably mentioned in a hundred new topics exactly like yours in the past months. They said its being remade from scrap, but who knows when. They are busy throwing a hundred premium planes at us, because they have to make a living you know.

klbergmen #3 Posted 20 November 2018 - 08:37 AM

• Advanced Member
  • 4791 battles
  • [JV44] JV44

View PostHorcan, on 20 November 2018 - 08:34 AM, said:

Because most things in this game is done like this. Someone says " i have an idea ". Then someone else says " good idea " . And then they throw it live for people to test. Nobody except probably eekeeboo  ( which isnt developer ) play this game regularly, so they usually have no clue about the impact on the game , if its really a good idea or mostly will just piss people off. Or if its good idea , its badly implemented and unbalanced. Then it takes forever to take it back/balance/change it , because its not in the list of priorities.Just like this daily missions thing which was probably mentioned in a hundred new topics exactly like yours in the past months. They said its being remade from scrap, but who knows when. They are busy throwing a hundred premium planes at us, because they have to make a living you know.

You forgot to mention that everything new is not tested and very buggy.

m249jim #4 Posted 20 November 2018 - 08:44 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 3221 battles

No real difference from WoT for checking/ or more importantly describing the requirements, as they can be just a vague there.

For the daily mission, probably a bad name, as unless your going to play for multiple hours, even the 1 token mission  will take several days due to the time taken to complete a battle, then repeat  (and normally win) 3-5 times at each of the three tier groups.

I do like them in that they require you have to play at all tiers, but at the same time, this is a problem if you have no, or a limited number of higher tier aircraft, as many missions are either type, or country specific, if you have chosen to do down only one line, then these will probably often be impossible, if you spread yourself over all tiers/countries, it takes longer to get to the higher tiers, but it gives more options for completing different missions.

For skipping, have found this to be buggy in the past, as I skipped (refreshed) some missions when I didn't have the required aircraft at tier 8 and above, but when I did, I'm pretty some of these were credited when the requirement were completed.  I don;t recall having any replaced missions coming back with completed replacements

paradigmshift #5 Posted 20 November 2018 - 04:19 PM

Senior Airman

• 2788 battles
Best 

View Postm249jim, on 20 November 2018 - 08:44 AM, said:

No real difference from WoT for checking/ or more importantly describing the requirements, as they can be just a vague there.

For the daily mission, probably a bad name, as unless your going to play for multiple hours, even the 1 token mission  will take several days due to the time taken to complete a battle, then repeat  (and normally win) 3-5 times at each of the three tier groups.

I do like them in that they require you have to play at all tiers, but at the same time, this is a problem if you have no, or a limited number of higher tier aircraft, as many missions are either type, or country specific, if you have chosen to do down only one line, then these will probably often be impossible, if you spread yourself over all tiers/countries, it takes longer to get to the higher tiers, but it gives more options for completing different missions.

For skipping, have found this to be buggy in the past, as I skipped (refreshed) some missions when I didn't have the required aircraft at tier 8 and above, but when I did, I'm pretty some of these were credited when the requirement were completed.  I don;t recall having any replaced missions coming back with completed replacements

Best approach is to cycle through the daily missions until you find ones with 4-10 tokens. Once you got them then just play normally and before you know it you have tokens. Never managed to get daily mission in one day in WP 2.XX.

Got to say t4 bomber kills will take some time as majid_HD said plenty of games with no command centre targets and when you get command centre last thing you want is to capture it, lol.

McTorpe #6 Posted 21 November 2018 - 03:34 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 7370 battles

Holasss.

The logic should be to make the levels in T5-6, T7-8 and T9-10 and allow the new players to learn quietly in T2, 3 and 4 without bullies.

Then, in T5-6 you would have many more opportunities to see the bombers and the missions of lower level would not be so problematic.

Saluditos.

klbergmen #7 Posted 22 November 2018 - 12:45 PM

• Advanced Member
  • 4791 battles
  • [JV44] JV44

View PostMcTorpe, on 21 November 2018 - 05:34 PM, said:

Holasss.

The logic should be to make the levels in T5-6, T7-8 and T9-10 and allow the new players to learn quietly in T2, 3 and 4 without bullies.

Then, in T5-6 you would have many more opportunities to see the bombers and the missions of lower level would not be so problematic.

Saluditos.

I would do 4-6, 6-8 and 8-10. At tier 6 and 8 you need to be able to choose then if you want to play for the higher or lower bracket. This makes it more complicated but you'r not so restricted and WG also has to make some money with T8 premiums.

CheefCoach #8 Posted 25 November 2018 - 08:32 PM

• Conquest Member
  • 4431 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

View PostMcTorpe, on 21 November 2018 - 04:34 PM, said:

Holasss.

Saluditos.

Been there, done that, Back in the days we had ,,newbie" protection for lower tiers. Consequence of that we started to receiving complete noobs in tiers 5 and 6. 

https://stats-sig.eu/wowp/CheefCoach/ussr/xs/en/sig.png

svadilfari #9 Posted 26 November 2018 - 07:02 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 4259 battles
  • [FEED] FEED

one big problem with "daily" missions is the huge price inflation of tokens i.e. tokens become less worth over time.

in past events you could get 5 or 6 loot crates for 20 tokens per day (approximately, long time ago xD). now you get 2 for 20.

the new equipment system eats tokens like a mofo. demounting, reassembling.

specialization also gobbles up tokens.

so a """daily""" mission that rewards 10 tokens is completely pointless if ya ask me

Isoruku_Yamamoto #10 Posted 26 November 2018 - 10:35 PM

• Advanced Member
  • 2196 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

Hey, a mission-tier discussion that i agree with.

Id like to suggest a rework: gives us 9 missions. 

1 easy (1t), 1 medium (4t) and 1 hard (10t) for each period. Since you still have to play equally as much for the tokens- assuming you say you need to complete it three times we wont earn that much more tokens, but itll be more enjoyable.

Reworking possible by changing token count, mission requirements etc. Problem currently is always low tier, highly occasionally high tier, never mid tier :(

m249jim #11 Posted 27 November 2018 - 05:49 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 3221 battles

View Postparadigmshift, on 20 November 2018 - 04:19 PM, said:

Best approach is to cycle through the daily missions until you find ones with 4-10 tokens. Once you got them then just play normally and before you know it you have tokens. Never managed to get daily mission in one day in WP 2.XX.

Not sure how you do that, you can only change on mission a day so you can't just cycle through them!  You can have 3 active mission on the go at any one time, this should be a 1 x 1 token and 2 x , 4-10 token missions (on the basis that mine are the same as everyone else's).

Apart from days's off, after/before work, normally I can get at best an hour of WoWP in, so doing anything in a day isn't going to happen.

Also tagged with daily missions

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users