Jump to content


SHOCKED by wowp bugs and unbalanced fights...


  • Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

Anymn #1 Posted 25 November 2018 - 11:49 PM

    Airman Basic

  • Member
  • 220 battles
  • 6
  • [RHPA] RHPA
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

What the [censored] happened with world of warplanes? Last time I logged in (update 2.02 or something?), I had a pretty nice gaming experience, and played quite a few battles, bought a premium, had fun. It ran pretty smoothly as well.

 

Now, two months later, I came back, to discover ONE BIG MESS.

  • First start I couldn't load the hangar at all. Bug 1.
  • When I finally got into the hangar, it was so messy!!! It took me 15 minutes to discover how the apparently new module system is working. And it's GARBAGE for any new/returning player that plays only occasional. The system has a lot of depth (which is good), but it's also so complex and grindy too get anything meaningfull on the plane. Add to this that you also need a good pilot, that you need the money for the modules, etc. etc. It feels impossible to compete against others this way as a now-and-then player.
  • I finally try to start a battle, but the battle loading screen did not put up. I had to restart the game. Bug 2.
  • I tried to play a battle again, and got critical hitted like every 1 minute (I-260). What happened to the game balance?!?!?
  • I didn't manage to do anything meaningful, whereas I was fully capable to make quite some good kills 2 months ago.
  • 3 out of 4 times I got killed that battle, there was a very bad sound bug, making a machine gun sound that keeps shooting, even when respawned again. Bug 3
  • After the battle, the garage took A LONG TIME to load, then it glitches out again, and finally showing the result screen, scattered with TOO much additional information. I cannot remember this game was so slugish. Bug 4.
  • Another battle, I got totally wrecked by a bombers secondary turret. Like, what am I supposed to do against them then?!
  • I tried one more battle and the game played like total CRAP. It's okay for me to learn to get better, grinding credits and stuff, but it was so frustrating to play this game when it is SO bugged, and you get killed left and right by players who have maxed out their equipment, while you have no possible way to compete.

 

I heavily regret that I invested any money in this game, and uninstalled the game. I have no hope in this game anymore. There are SO many bugs, aren't they testing their game?!

I hope that there is any way to sell the premiums and get the gold back to World of Tanks, or something. This game is unplayable now.

 

Update 2 december 

I re-installed the game and used the SD client this time. This runs much smoother and with less bugs, seems this game in HD is poorly optimized.

I've having a much more fun time now, doing better and better.  After experimenting with the upgrade-system, it feels more and more like a fun mini-game that gets me deeper immersed in world of warplanes. However, I still think the system can use some more explanation for returning players, like an short tutorial in the hangar. It feels overwhelming the first time, but is a fun system after some trying.

 


Edited by Anymn, 02 December 2018 - 07:44 PM.


CheefCoach #2 Posted 26 November 2018 - 12:50 AM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Conquest Member
  • 3512 battles
  • 879
  • [BBMM] BBMM
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

The number of bugs have increased in last few months, but so is the game content. About testing, I don't have full confidence in their ability to test the game. That is response to actual bug that you are complaining. 

 

The game have changed. That include:

1. New equipment system. It is quite possible to do ok with stock equipment, but upgraded ones do help. To get it you must play the game. It sucked at begin and than it got better. 

2. Now all bots on tier 8 are on veteran level. I haven't actually notice that particular change. 

3. New US bomber line have new mechanic. If you attack something like B-32 that have 5 turrets, well all 5 of them can engage. If human get in turret mode, he will use multiple turrets; all of them that are in range. What you suppose to do is to lose a lot of your health. 

 

What also you need to consider is all this new gold giving events. Many good players are in their best planes. Many bad players (possibly from WoT) are also occupying lower tiers. 

 

World of Warplanes isn't the game you can play occasionally. It requires dedication, discipline, will to learn and critical thinking. Also it isn't the game in which you can skip tiers. You need to buy tier 1 planes, and go from there. After few months of playing you might be able to try to play tier 8. 


https://stats-sig.eu/wowp/CheefCoach/ussr/xs/en/sig.png

svadilfari #3 Posted 26 November 2018 - 06:55 AM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Conquest Member
  • 3818 battles
  • 332
  • [FEED] FEED
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

bugs are a big problem with this game, yes. the rest of your points is just: "me bad at game, me no like"

CheefRoach is right. it takes a lot of practice, skill, Know-how and strategy to be good in warplanes. every plane has it´s strengths and weaknesses and consequently a unique play style. you have to know when and what to engage or when to retreat. you can´t play 150 battles and complain that you´re getting wrecked all the time. 



zumbledum #4 Posted 26 November 2018 - 09:40 AM

    Master Sergeant

  • Advanced Member
  • 1978 battles
  • 84
  • Member since:
    07-18-2017

the specialist system isnt actually that deep or complex , it is grindy garbage though wont argue there. 

 

it completely breaks any sense of balance and making the gap between stock and complete planes that much wider. is only possibly good news for those that need that big of an advantage and the guys who get the money people are probably throwing at the screen to skip that grind and get the best plane they can , i suspect as its possible to grind it people will object to me calling it pay to win , but it is ;)

 

the only saving grace is the game identifies these seal clubbers so you can jump up and down on thier heads first.


Edited by zumbledum, 26 November 2018 - 09:41 AM.


GonerNL #5 Posted 26 November 2018 - 10:09 AM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Advanced Member
  • 5065 battles
  • 812
  • Member since:
    09-02-2017

View Postzumbledum, on 26 November 2018 - 10:40 AM, said:

the guys who get the money people are probably throwing at the screen to skip that grind 

 

You can only skip the grind with tokens and tokens are not for sale as far as I know ?? (sometimes for a short time in events)



Anymn #6 Posted 26 November 2018 - 02:09 PM

    Airman Basic

  • Member
  • 220 battles
  • 6
  • [RHPA] RHPA
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostCheefCoach, on 26 November 2018 - 12:50 AM, said:

The number of bugs have increased in last few months, but so is the game content. About testing, I don't have full confidence in their ability to test the game. That is response to actual bug that you are complaining. 

 

The game have changed. That include:

1. New equipment system. It is quite possible to do ok with stock equipment, but upgraded ones do help. To get it you must play the game. It sucked at begin and than it got better. 

2. Now all bots on tier 8 are on veteran level. I haven't actually notice that particular change. 

3. New US bomber line have new mechanic. If you attack something like B-32 that have 5 turrets, well all 5 of them can engage. If human get in turret mode, he will use multiple turrets; all of them that are in range. What you suppose to do is to lose a lot of your health. 

 

What also you need to consider is all this new gold giving events. Many good players are in their best planes. Many bad players (possibly from WoT) are also occupying lower tiers. 

 

World of Warplanes isn't the game you can play occasionally. It requires dedication, discipline, will to learn and critical thinking. Also it isn't the game in which you can skip tiers. You need to buy tier 1 planes, and go from there. After few months of playing you might be able to try to play tier 8. 

 

Thanks for the clear answers. At least that helps me in understanding why I got punished so hard while trying to fly the I-260, which was incredibly frustrating as I used to do quite well in it.

It's sad that there are so many bugs, I hope they can resolve them, as it makes up for a very frustrating experience when you've to learn to play the new changes.



Hal_Leuco #7 Posted 26 November 2018 - 02:47 PM

    Senior Airman

  • Member
  • 3111 battles
  • 21
  • Member since:
    04-22-2011

Please leave the game if you dont like it. Right now there are too many people in the event. I play 2 hours per day and my rank is still somewhere near 1k.

I really want to have choice for pure PvE or atleast there is another server to split up players numbers, I dont have problem with long waiting time for matchmaker.



GonerNL #8 Posted 26 November 2018 - 03:14 PM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Advanced Member
  • 5065 battles
  • 812
  • Member since:
    09-02-2017

View PostHal_Leuco, on 26 November 2018 - 03:47 PM, said:

Right now there are too many people in the event. 

 

Well, that is the first time I see someone complaining about too MANY players ...:amazed:

 

Go play the NA server, there are even less players there ... maybe you can score better there against bots.

 

 


Edited by GonerNL, 26 November 2018 - 03:15 PM.


zen_monk_ #9 Posted 26 November 2018 - 04:21 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Alpha Tester
  • 4606 battles
  • 1,070
  • [__] __
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012
And

View PostGonerNL, on 26 November 2018 - 03:14 PM, said:

 

Well, that is the first time I see someone complaining about too MANY players ...:amazed:

 

Go play the NA server, there are even less players there ... maybe you can score better there against bots.

 

 

 

And there's always China :trollface:
stats were invented by Satan himself to suck the carefree fun out of gaming

CheefCoach #10 Posted 26 November 2018 - 08:42 PM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Conquest Member
  • 3512 battles
  • 879
  • [BBMM] BBMM
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostHal_Leuco, on 26 November 2018 - 03:47 PM, said:

Please leave the game if you dont like it. Right now there are too many people in the event. I play 2 hours per day and my rank is still somewhere near 1k.

I really want to have choice for pure PvE or atleast there is another server to split up players numbers, I dont have problem with long waiting time for matchmaker.

 

Waiting time aren't long. Some of us who are old-time veterans, remember time when you were waiting for 4-5 min for battle, and be happy that it was only 4-5 min. 10ar once waited for half an hour for tier 10 battle (he needed one win for 5 days of premium time). 
https://stats-sig.eu/wowp/CheefCoach/ussr/xs/en/sig.png

zumbledum #11 Posted 26 November 2018 - 10:21 PM

    Master Sergeant

  • Advanced Member
  • 1978 battles
  • 84
  • Member since:
    07-18-2017

View PostGonerNL, on 26 November 2018 - 10:09 AM, said:

 

You can only skip the grind with tokens and tokens are not for sale as far as I know ?? (sometimes for a short time in events)

 

well the bottleneck for me is credits and those you can buy with cash , and tokens are for sale one weekend month

 

 

and sign me up for a lower pop game mode anything higher than 4 human a side and the fun evaporates pretty damn fast and hard for me.

i just dont play during these events (or not when its busy anyway)



Anymn #12 Posted 27 November 2018 - 12:42 AM

    Airman Basic

  • Member
  • 220 battles
  • 6
  • [RHPA] RHPA
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

After reading your comments I gave it another go. I reinstalled the game, and found out that the SD client is so much more stable and more responsive than the HD client.

I'm getting more into the upgrade, enhancing and calibrating stuff too, and it's quite okay if you get a grasp on it. But it requires a lot of forum reading and could be explained a lot better in the hangar.

 

 

 



Anymn #13 Posted 27 November 2018 - 01:13 AM

    Airman Basic

  • Member
  • 220 battles
  • 6
  • [RHPA] RHPA
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View Postzumbledum, on 26 November 2018 - 09:40 AM, said:

the only saving grace is the game identifies these seal clubbers so you can jump up and down on thier heads first.

 

I saw some people with wings around their symbol. However, I couldn't find info on what it means. Any info on that?



zen_monk_ #14 Posted 27 November 2018 - 01:33 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Alpha Tester
  • 4606 battles
  • 1,070
  • [__] __
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostAnymn, on 27 November 2018 - 01:13 AM, said:

 

I saw some people with wings around their symbol. However, I couldn't find info on what it means. Any info on that?

 

short answer

It means they are your primary target.

 

longer answer

They've achieved Specialized status on that plane, hence the wings. With that they can boost various parameters and stats and have a significantly better plane then a simple elited one. It also means they are experienced with that plane, probably the biggest threat for you in the game - hence, they are your primary target.


stats were invented by Satan himself to suck the carefree fun out of gaming

Grumpy_Guts #15 Posted 27 November 2018 - 02:32 AM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Conquest Member
  • 5428 battles
  • 924
  • [BBMM] BBMM
  • Member since:
    08-08-2012
Cough cough splutter eh,  or they could mean ( I am poor defenceless GAA so leave me alone )   YES !!!!    :great: 

Horcan #16 Posted 27 November 2018 - 06:40 AM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Beta Tester
  • 3765 battles
  • 734
  • [_VI_] _VI_
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View Postzen_monk_, on 27 November 2018 - 02:33 AM, said:

 

short answer

It means they are your primary target.

 

longer answer

They've achieved Specialized status on that plane, hence the wings. With that they can boost various parameters and stats and have a significantly better plane then a simple elited one. It also means they are experienced with that plane, probably the biggest threat for you in the game - hence, they are your primary target.

 

Its not necesarely they are more dangerous than others, especially on lower tiers. Ive met quite a lot of them that just fly in a straight line, with zero battle awareness except their target.Those you talk about usually you learn by name after you spend a while playing this game, and not always they have specialised plane. And meeting one its usually like your first sex. You finish fast, and you dont really realise what happened.

GonerNL #17 Posted 27 November 2018 - 08:19 AM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Advanced Member
  • 5065 battles
  • 812
  • Member since:
    09-02-2017

View Postzen_monk_, on 27 November 2018 - 02:33 AM, said:

 It also means they are experienced with that plane, probably the biggest threat for you in the game 

 

Nope. Not necessarily ...

I just got specialist on the Mosquito ... and I suck in it.

Only grinded to research the Hornet, which I hope is better. Got specialist by accident ...

 



zumbledum #18 Posted 27 November 2018 - 09:53 AM

    Master Sergeant

  • Advanced Member
  • 1978 battles
  • 84
  • Member since:
    07-18-2017

View PostHorcan, on 27 November 2018 - 06:40 AM, said:

 

Its not necesarely they are more dangerous than others, especially on lower tiers. Ive met quite a lot of them that just fly in a straight line, with zero battle awareness except their target.Those you talk about usually you learn by name after you spend a while playing this game, and not always they have specialised plane. And meeting one its usually like your first sex. You finish fast, and you dont really realise what happened.

 

not sure thats a sound argument, just because an objective advantage can be offset by a bad player doesnt mean his plane isnt simply better. if that same bad player is in a stock plane he will still be worse after all. 

 

 

View PostGonerNL, on 27 November 2018 - 08:19 AM, said:

 

Nope. Not necessarily ...

I just got specialist on the Mosquito ... and I suck in it.

Only grinded to research the Hornet, which I hope is better. Got specialist by accident ...

 

 

yeah that will happen sometimes, myself i tend to find i research the next one before getting specialist and i rarely pay the fee to specialise a plane i dont like, wont keep and am bad in but i guess sometimes you will run into that.

 

but its a pretty bad idea to assume it wouldnt you say? i mean honestly you see a specialised xf5u or 209a or il40p or any of the other op planes and think , yeah he probably sucks and doesnt know what hes doing that planes just him grinding to the next one. ill ignore him and go after that stock FW thats the real danger. 

 

bottom line specialised is going to mean they have a better plane than the stock version. 



GonerNL #19 Posted 27 November 2018 - 10:23 AM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Advanced Member
  • 5065 battles
  • 812
  • Member since:
    09-02-2017

View Postzumbledum, on 27 November 2018 - 10:53 AM, said:

i mean honestly you see a specialised xf5u or 209a or il40p or any of the other op planes and think , yeah he probably sucks and doesnt know what hes doing that planes just him grinding to the next one. ill ignore him and go after that stock FW thats the real danger. 

 

Attacking an enemy depends (for me) more on the situation and type of plane he flies and the one I fly ...

Is he a danger to the base/cap or on the tail of a team mate and am I flying a plane that can take him on ?? Not whether he's a specialist or not. 



Horcan #20 Posted 27 November 2018 - 11:40 AM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Beta Tester
  • 3765 battles
  • 734
  • [_VI_] _VI_
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012
After 1-2 min into the battles, just by watching at the team you know by name or by current pp who's the danger. Specialised or not.




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users