Hey WG, how about not bringing anything new for a patch or two?

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

dreambill #21 Posted 05 December 2018 - 06:28 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 4092 battles
  • [GR-12] GR-12

View Postzen_monk_, on 04 December 2018 - 09:17 PM, said:

Fortunately my personal opinion is shared by the entire WG Company and a vast, vast majority of the players old and new here.

We are discussing bug fixing, not "the end is coming".

I never spoke for any end coming. In fact I was speaking about bugs in first place. I have too many of them, (as you I suppose)

About the rest we have spoke in other threads and in privet so no need to repeat them in this thread. (not my intention)

I'm surprised though how do you know that your personal opinion is shared by the entire WG Company? Do you work in WG? Or you mean you share the opinion WG has about the game?

As for the vast majority of players here - it says nothing since the numbers are abysmal. In old game all players there liked the game but cause of numbers it changed. Cannot see what is different now.

zen_monk_ #22 Posted 05 December 2018 - 10:43 PM

First Lieutenant

• Alpha Tester
  • 7285 battles
  • [__] __

"The old game was a failure. We finally gave up after four years and made this as much more entertaining game, we are quite pleased how the things are going and we will never go back to the failed previous version." That's how I know my personal opinion is fully shared with WG.

All of us who commented here love and play this game. Emphasis on both love and play. Please let's not divert the discussion about bug fixing into the dark territory of numbers and what's changed (rest assured, they can see the difference and if they're sticking to it - means it's good for them), because we have forumites here who don't play the game but use every opportunity to take any form of critics and divert it to shouting about the end of days, how great they were and how millions of their friends blah blah... I do admit I came too hard on you on that and I apologize but we all who play the game need to be very careful and if we speak about fixing the bugs it's just that - fixing the bugs in a great game.

So to direct the thread to OP again: WG, you've made a great game and gave us quite enough of what to do now. Thank you and  please now for a while direct your efforts to fixing the bugs. Now make all this run smoothly, and only after that implement the new things.

(And I will still support all your efforts for a hardcore mode, but this simply has to be done first. Without any distractions into the past. Let's be precise on one target at the time.)

Edited by zen_monk_, 06 December 2018 - 01:23 AM.

stats were invented by Satan himself to suck the carefree fun out of gaming                  

dreambill #23 Posted 06 December 2018 - 04:36 PM

• Conquest Member
  • 4092 battles
  • [GR-12] GR-12

Dear Zen, I agree with you about bugs first and you already know and see that I play (a lot less than I used) the new mode.

My after remarks was for what you mentioned in your parenthesis (extra mode) and not to delete conquest, when there is people who like it.

I've been in the sad place to see the mode I liked deleted, I'll find no joy if this happens to others.

0berhessen #24 Posted 21 December 2018 - 07:25 AM

• Advanced Member
  • 3721 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

Hey Wargaming - if i read the feedback on the latest WOWP Update i seriously ask myself what you are doing there...

Better give every Player who logs in during the Holidays a free Plane - but please dont make the Community more and more angry with "Updates" that bring more Bugs and dont dont even remove the old ones...

TEST that sh*t before you bring it Life - Thank you and Happy Holidays.

There is an art to flying, or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss. ... Clearly, it is this second part, the missing, that presents the difficulties (Douglas Adams - Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy)

omglaserspewpew #25 Posted 23 December 2018 - 07:18 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 2097 battles

As I've said numerous times in the past: as long as Persha is at the helm of development, nothing will ever change, because the studio as a whole is just too incompetent for this kind of a project.

How many more patches of new bugs and ridiculous design decisions do you people need to realize this??

zen_monk_ #26 Posted 23 December 2018 - 07:35 PM

First Lieutenant

• Alpha Tester
  • 7285 battles
  • [__] __

View Postomglaserspewpew, on 23 December 2018 - 07:18 PM, said:

As I've said numerous times in the past: as long as Persha is at the helm of development, nothing will ever change, because the studio as a whole is just too incompetent for this kind of a project.

How many more patches of new bugs and ridiculous design decisions do you people need to realize this??

OK, let's say you're right.

But what am I to do with this realization?

To stop playing the game I love? Nope.

omglaserspewpew #27 Posted 24 December 2018 - 08:35 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 2097 battles

For starters, you could stop giving them your money. I find it highly amusing, how people are supposedly "annoyed" or "fed up with WG" and yet when there's a sale, they compete at who's gonna throw more money at them. I just need to look at the current Santa's bags thread and LOL IRL. 25 bags, 100 bags ... and a week after, you will all be complaining again and wondering why nothing changes. You have a sh*tty product, because you deserve it - because you fall for the cheapest tricks in a conman's book.

Next, maybe you can stop luring newbies into this broken mess. Whenever someone asks me if I recommend WoWp, I just point him to a couple of bug threads and usually the guy then wonders what we're all smoking to still play this. I'd feel damn dirty for recommending any WG title to anyone anyway at this point, but then, I have morals and I understand that many others do not. :P

zen_monk_ #28 Posted 24 December 2018 - 09:29 AM

First Lieutenant

• Alpha Tester
  • 7285 battles
  • [__] __

View Postomglaserspewpew, on 24 December 2018 - 08:35 AM, said:

For starters, you could stop giving them your money.

Hey man, not even my wife can tell me what to do with my money (mostly because she doesn't know). So please try to act as a reasonable decent person and don't put your nose into my wallet.

And I will explain you this: WG and I have a deal. They work for me. I pay them petty cash every once in a while, so they can provide me with my home entertainment. So far I'm enjoying immensely. I would like to have a few bugs corrected (black screen and switching spawn points) but the rest don't bother me at all. Constant gun sound? Ffs people, fire once and it's gone - but no, you act like it's the end of the world. The "Princess on a Pea" syndrome runs strong here. If the things go bad very much I will dismiss their services and go play something else. End of our business deal.

So speaking of morals, your message is deeply immoral. You preach not paying for the product you use. Because you don't like it. But you use it. But you hate it. And will not pay. But you expect them to come to work for free and fix things for you. Because you are irritated. And you preach others not to pay, because you don't like it. But you use the product...

Your choices are simple, man. You can take this for what it is, try to enjoy, or leave. All else is a childish tantrum.

Edited by zen_monk_, 24 December 2018 - 09:32 AM.

BravelyRanAway #29 Posted 24 December 2018 - 10:06 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 3649 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T

View Postzen_monk_, on 24 December 2018 - 09:29 AM, said:

Your choices are simple, man. You can take this for what it is, try to enjoy, or leave. All else is a childish tantrum.

He helps fill the servers, so he is doing WG a favour by giving them his time.

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing".G.B.Shaw

klbergmen #30 Posted 24 December 2018 - 11:38 AM

• Advanced Member
  • 5210 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

View PostBravelyRanAway, on 24 December 2018 - 12:06 PM, said:

He helps fill the servers, so he is doing WG a favour by giving them his time.

You'r not giving them your time ?

He is right - take the game as it is right now. They will not improve it much, I hope they will not mess it up more and they are not able to fix all the bugs/prevent new bugs. If all this is ok for you and if you want to spend money on it then that's your decision,

If all this is not ok for you then you should not only not spend money, you should also not stay because this would be a waste of time. I don't think there is hope anymore for any big improvement over the current state of the game.

I still like the game, even though it has flaws and bugs but I can also understand everybody that has enough.

Seems this is good enough for the russian community and that's it - we don't matter.

omglaserspewpew #31 Posted 24 December 2018 - 05:51 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 2097 battles

View Postzen_monk_, on 24 December 2018 - 09:29 AM, said:

The "Princess on a Pea" syndrome runs strong here.

You preach not paying for the product you use. Because you don't like it. But you use it. But you hate it. And will not pay. But you expect them to come to work for free and fix things for you. Because you are irritated. And you preach others not to pay, because you don't like it. But you use the product...

I have no problem with you liking the game, really. I genuinely think it's a positive thing that at least some people can pull something good out of this horrible mess. As for other statements, you're quite mistaken ... and yeah, that's a fact.

1. If you're bringing the Princess on a Pea argument here, then you're effectively claiming that WoWp falls into a group of "average" gaming products and that the bugfest we're observing or the development practice is rather normal. Now, I don't know about your gaming background, but this is nowhere near normal. You will, as of this point in time, not find a single released multiplayer game by a major publisher that's more bugged than WoWp. I have been a professional gaming analyst for more than a decade and never in my career have I observed a dev studio with more atrociously diletant practices of conduct than Persha Studia. This is the rock-bottom of game development, which is what anyone with any sort of practice will tell you. Streamer The Chiv, who was working for EA among other things, said it very clearly in his farewell video: this kind of project management wouldn't fly in any of the western markets and would've been killed years ago. The only reason we still see WoWp on life support is because WG is afraid of killing it entirely and can (barely) finance it with WoT's success. WoWp can't live on it's own, because the 1k concurrent players per server numbers are way too low for that. This really is NOT the place to bring oversensitive princesses out, because WoWp development is, objectively, one of the worst in history of gaming industry. We're not the problem here, pal.

2. You evidently lack any sort of understanding of how a free-to-play project works. F2P projects have two foremost success statistics: income and player numbers. Because, you see, the latter gets uniformly converted into the former, at the rate of so called player conversion. Meaning, not only are the players who pay important, but anyone who plays is important, because even those who don't pay, help by populating the servers, helping matchmaker work properly, and providing for "content" - that is - being opponents in multiplayer. So just using the F2P product is a means of support as well. Which makes you dead wrong claiming I don't support it in any way.

3. You seem to be the more passive type of personality as far as consumerism goes. I'm not gonna claim I know your political preferences or personal conduct or any such thing, but as far as consumerism goes, you seem to be of the "take it or leave it" type. You see, I'm more of an active type of a man, because my practice in journalism, science and tech development have taught me that action can pay off and that the world is run by those who act, not those who follow. That's why I'm making noise - because if I don't make the noise, I leave myself to be continuously exploited by the unscrupulous, the reckless, the incompetent. If you want something, act on it. And I want a working game. Yeah, I damn well want them to fix things for me - because it's their [edited]job to do so! And I'm pretty sure I'm not an outlier. I'm pretty sure that "a working product" is the total baseline - and that's not what we have here. And you know what? The player numbers (or lack thereof) support my viewpoint, not yours.

BravelyRanAway #32 Posted 24 December 2018 - 07:38 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 3649 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T

View Postklbergmen, on 24 December 2018 - 11:38 AM, said:

You'r not giving them your time ?

He is right - take the game as it is right now. They will not improve it much, I hope they will not mess it up more and they are not able to fix all the bugs/prevent new bugs. If all this is ok for you and if you want to spend money on it then that's your decision, If all this is not ok for you then you should not only not spend money, you should also not stay because this would be a waste of time. I don't think there is hope anymore for any big improvement over the current state of the game.

Where did I say I wasn't giving them my time?

Regarding spending money, it's not a big deal. I'm fully aware that the game is on its(what I believe) is the last chance. It has already had a massive change in an effort to up the numbers and increase revenue.......if it fails, the next change will involve just a simple shut-down....forever. 

I'd say the game is being run with a skeleton staff and I'm sure there's jokes about employees that get shifted to work and look after WoWP's.

Do I want the game shut down....no, I don't, but if it is, I won't be crying about money or wasting my time....it will join a long list of other games that I no longer play.

Not a big deal for me....but I'm sure it's a big deal to WG staff who work on it.

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing".G.B.Shaw

paca_madaidhean #33 Posted 14 June 2019 - 11:21 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 4717 battles
  • [BIZZ] BIZZ

I agree the game is not broken 

it is the bugs that is the beeeeeeeeeeeeeep beeeeeeeeeeep  problem 

would it not be better say of a staff of 100 99 are bug fixing and 1  developing  rather than 99 developing  and I bug fixing  

as a smooth running game is far more fun than the one we have and fixing the bugs  you would soon have 100 developing  a fixed game 

first move would be fix the server I hate the  out of sync bug  were everything goes tits up 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users