Aircraft uncontrollable ?

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

Federick92 #21 Posted 29 December 2018 - 07:05 PM

Airman Basic

• 3128 battles
  • [ITA_6] ITA_6
Hello everyone, I am an Italian member so sorry my bad English.
As everyone is saying I also have this problem related to the use of the joystick. Frankly I am really annoyed by this problem, I consider it serious and not respectful of users like me who play and pay handsomely the company. I bought this joysticK for fun, and now how do I play if there are all these problems? The game is clogged by bugs and mechanical systems that don't work as they should. I want the WG to ribocchi the sleeves and everything, otherwise to 100% many of the remaining players will go away and I do not think their bots pay the expenses for the absences of the players, (since they are so good at bothering us in the game) 
I have encountered other problems with the use of the mouse keyboard, surely captain less often but still make the game little fun and often take insults from the players for this (I was also banned to answer for that)
Wg what are your intentions????? Please wake up and instead of changing statistics to the planes system all that does not work and give us way to continue to play and pay you the expenses for your employees....

paradigmshift #22 Posted 31 December 2018 - 12:28 PM

Senior Airman

• 2282 battles
If you hit the return key then for 2-3 seconds you get control and can turn towards the ground. You may have to repeat this several times to get the shortest route down. I spent about 3 minutes doing this on a bomber to manoeuvre over a target but just gave up in the end. Most annoying is that it seems to happen when I most need to be in the battle.

Spad1918 #23 Posted 01 January 2019 - 02:09 AM

Airman Basic

• 468 battles
  • [609TH] 609TH

View PostChrisEFF, on 28 December 2018 - 08:36 PM, said:

Ticket response:

Hello ChrisEFF, Thank you for the provided information. We apologize for any inconvenience this can cause. Sadly, but this can happen, and our developers are looking into this. Now we are aware of this issue, and our developers are working to rectify this problem as fast as they can. We will contact you for more information if it will be needed. If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Hello,

To WG (not to ChrisEFF) : please, fix this asap

It is not possible to play any more.

It happens every battle

Edited by Spad1918, 01 January 2019 - 02:11 AM.

Ensign_Steel #24 Posted 04 January 2019 - 11:44 AM

Senior Airman

• Alpha Tester
  • 1159 battles
  • [-TPS-] -TPS-
I thought I had found a workaround by using space instead of battle, but nope. There seems to be something seriously wrong, possibly with the UI (that's bugging out hard in several ways already anyway). I sincerely hope that this bug is top priority and will hopefully be fixed for the next minor patch.

Franco_Scala, on 15 June 2018 - 12:25 PM, said:

You can't have your cake and have sex with it

Goat_messiah #25 Posted 04 January 2019 - 02:23 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 5621 battles
  • [LXGM] LXGM

I'm suspending all my in-game activity untill this is fixed, this bug is a rich source of frustration for me.

GonerNL #26 Posted 04 January 2019 - 03:18 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 5598 battles

View Postparadigmshift, on 31 December 2018 - 01:28 PM, said:

If you hit the return key then for 2-3 seconds you get control and can turn towards the ground. 

I've tried that. 

You have to see it to believe it ... when bitten by the bug, just <return> a couple of times and use the stick. Your plane will start looping !! And with some luck maneuvers itself into the terrain or a hill.

Ensign_Steel #27 Posted 04 January 2019 - 08:56 PM

Senior Airman

• Alpha Tester
  • 1159 battles
  • [-TPS-] -TPS-
I thought I had found a temporary solution by waiting for the launch timer to get under 10 seconds and hitting space, but the same issue persists. This is really affecting my performance in game. How on earth could a bug like this just suddenly appear and be so unbelievably hard to fix?

GonerNL #28 Posted 05 January 2019 - 12:26 AM

• Advanced Member
  • 5598 battles
I just tried to not use the Battle! button at all .. just let it count down and start by itself. Seems to help ... less loss of control. Not completely gone, but better.

Ensign_Steel #29 Posted 05 January 2019 - 07:11 AM

Senior Airman

• Alpha Tester
  • 1159 battles
  • [-TPS-] -TPS-

View PostGonerNL, on 05 January 2019 - 02:26 AM, said:

I just tried to not use the Battle! button at all .. just let it count down and start by itself. Seems to help ... less loss of control. Not completely gone, but better.

That worked for me a few times, after that I get it very often unless press space. Pressing Battle! button is basically suicide at this point. I usually wait until there's 5 seconds left until forced spawn, then press space and it works 90% of the time.

Seriously, the UI is whack and has been for quite some time. I bet the problem might be somewhere in there.

GonerNL #30 Posted 05 January 2019 - 03:27 PM

• Advanced Member
  • 5598 battles

View PostGoat_messiah, on 04 January 2019 - 03:23 PM, said:

I'm suspending all my in-game activity untill this is fixed, this bug is a rich source of frustration for me.

Well ... I hope to one day see you again in the bugged skies of Wowp.

Ensign_Steel #31 Posted 08 January 2019 - 02:47 PM

Senior Airman

• Alpha Tester
  • 1159 battles
  • [-TPS-] -TPS-

Something I discovered yesterday and managed to play the whole evening with pretty much no joystick bug.

When in the respawn screen, I didn't press space to spawn until I was observing a plane that was alive. If the plane is alive and I press space, I momentarily see the camera view switching behind the observed plane before the brief fade to black before my plane spawns. When this happens, I have been able to control my plane every time.

If I try to spawn while the observed plane is crashing, I have never been able to control my plane after spawning. Sometimes just to be sure I change the observed plane a few times to make sure I'm watching someone who is currently not under fire before I press space.

Pressing the Battle button works as well when observing these conditions, but I find pressing space works better.

Could you guys with the issue try confirming my findings as well?

ChrisEFF #32 Posted 12 January 2019 - 09:39 AM

Senior Airman

• 4203 battles
  • [AAPD] AAPD

View PostEnsign_Steel, on 08 January 2019 - 02:47 PM, said:

Something I discovered yesterday and managed to play the whole evening with pretty much no joystick bug.

When in the respawn screen, I didn't press space to spawn until I was observing a plane that was alive. If the plane is alive and I press space, I momentarily see the camera view switching behind the observed plane before the brief fade to black before my plane spawns. When this happens, I have been able to control my plane every time.

If I try to spawn while the observed plane is crashing, I have never been able to control my plane after spawning. Sometimes just to be sure I change the observed plane a few times to make sure I'm watching someone who is currently not under fire before I press space.

Pressing the Battle button works as well when observing these conditions, but I find pressing space works better.

That probably just works as well as the waiting 4 seconds before pressing the BATTLE button. Seems to allow longer for the Joystick to reconnect before respawning, but certainly hasn't eradicated the problem.

eexo #33 Posted 12 January 2019 - 02:47 PM

Airman Basic

• 8629 battles
  • [WILD] WILD

View PostEnsign_Steel, on 08 January 2019 - 02:47 PM, said:

Thank you very much for this one - very interesting observation and I guess it may lead to some workarounds.

Basically you say:

- after a crash while on the waiting screen we are "linked" to some other team member plane view waiting for respawn,
- if something happens to that other plane before the actual respawn it may result in a loss of plane control (I call it a freeze) or black view (you can see the UI elements but the rest is black).

This reminds me the previous versions bug when after respawn you may have found you seemingly lost your plane control but it was only some other team member view (you'd find you fly wrong plane ) you could exit by entering chat mode for a moment (press Enter, then Esc).
Especially when you combine is with the current observed behavior when you press Enter or F buttons: you can momentarily regain control - not enough to regain full control but enough to cause early crash to respawn again.

All combined it explains the underlying bug mechanics: view switching in respawn mode is affected.

I'd try the following possible workarounds:

- your suggestion to switch to the least stressed team member hoping he'd "piggy back" you till respawn.

Update: not so easy, need some practice.
- when in the waiting screen enter chat mode and stay in it until respawn

Update: probably doesn't work
- right after a crash quit the application and start again. You may lose several seconds of game though.

Update: works but it may take about a minute. The first respawn time is much shorter so it's better to use it on the second and next.

BTW: is it possible to not follow anyone while waiting for respawn w/o the application restart? Just like the game opening?

Other possibility is to analyze differences between the last good working 2.0.8 November 2017 game file set and the first 2.0.9 Dec patch to find which of them controls the part where the bug is and if it could be reverted to fix it. Very laborious task for a user w/o knowing the game internals.

Which is actually what the developer should do based on numbers of bug reports already in place.

Edited by eexo, 13 January 2019 - 07:37 PM.

eexo #34 Posted 12 January 2019 - 08:47 PM

Airman Basic

• 8629 battles
  • [WILD] WILD

Update: this workaround works when you lose control after respawn: quit the application and start it again. You'll be reconnected to your aircraft in the battle with full control. The downside is you'll lose several seconds of the battle.

Update: it may take about a minute and you may find yourself under fire and severely damaged when you get back.

Maybe try to set your rudder to max left or right before quitting the application (the plane will stay circling around respawn point).

You can try it by pressing Enter several times while holding left or right arrow (controls work only when hitting the Enter or F keys).

Update: I tried that and it works for me fine.

Edited by eexo, 13 January 2019 - 11:26 PM.

GonerNL #35 Posted 13 January 2019 - 09:03 PM

• Advanced Member
  • 5598 battles

View Posteexo, on 12 January 2019 - 09:47 PM, said:

you may find yourself under fire and severely damaged when you get back.

LOL.

Try this ; you have been shot down twice, the battle is over and you have not even fired a shot or seen your plane ... that is how bad it is.

Ensign_Steel #36 Posted 14 January 2019 - 01:20 AM

Senior Airman

• Alpha Tester
  • 1159 battles
  • [-TPS-] -TPS-

View Posteexo, on 12 January 2019 - 04:47 PM, said:

Basically you say:

- after a crash while on the waiting screen we are "linked" to some other team member plane view waiting for respawn,
- if something happens to that other plane before the actual respawn it may result in a loss of plane control (I call it a freeze) or black view (you can see the UI elements but the rest is black).

This reminds me the previous versions bug when after respawn you may have found you seemingly lost your plane control but it was only some other team member view (you'd find you fly wrong plane ) you could exit by entering chat mode for a moment (press Enter, then Esc).
Especially when you combine is with the current observed behavior when you press Enter or F buttons: you can momentarily regain control - not enough to regain full control but enough to cause early crash to respawn again.

All combined it explains the underlying bug mechanics: view switching in respawn mode is affected.

Exactly. The view bug along with the joystick bug would indicate that the plane we observe and our plane are connected in some unholy way. I have managed to play several days without seeing the joystick bug now by choosing the most remote/alone plane and pressing space. I've carefully tested the battle button as well and it seems to have worked, but since you usually need several presses for it to work, I don't trust it anymore since I've noticed that a failed press + space often equal joystick bug.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users