Matchmaker: Myths and Reality

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

GonerNL #1 Posted 08 December 2018 - 11:43 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 5041 battles

Nice story ...

Where is it explained how every time one team gets the human B-32 ace and the other team a moron bot B-32 ?? Or even worse, a lower tier bot Do-17M ?

Edited by GonerNL, Today, 12:48 PM.

Horcan #2 Posted 08 December 2018 - 12:53 PM

• Beta Tester
  • 3765 battles
  • [_VI_] _VI_
And they disabled comments, simply because they dont care what we think. It's a useless wall of text that i couldnt read whole, explaining how they fail to make a decent MM, that at least try to be fair and balanced. And first step would be to mirror balance or remove flights. I rather not play a game, than play one that is lost from the start.

_Neverm1nd_ #3 Posted Today, 12:40 PM

Senior Airman

• WG Staff
  • 0 battles

View PostHorcan, on 08 December 2018 - 12:53 PM, said:

And they disabled comments, simply because they dont care what we think. It's a useless wall of text that i couldnt read whole, explaining how they fail to make a decent MM, that at least try to be fair and balanced. And first step would be to mirror balance or remove flights. I rather not play a game, than play one that is lost from the start.

And what is wrong with the forum as a platform for discussion?

GonerNL #4 Posted Today, 12:48 PM

• Advanced Member
  • 5041 battles

Nothing.

So could we discuss my question and Horcan's complaints here ? And not discuss what is the best platform to do that ... ?

Edited by GonerNL, Today, 12:50 PM.

RoyalFlyingCorps #5 Posted Today, 01:49 PM

Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 12058 battles
  • [W___P] W___P
I think match-making is one of those aspects of a game that provokes endless debate, whether or not it is working well.  However, it is certain that WoWP needs to revisit theirs; in too many games I see as many as three human ground attack players or bomber players on one team and none on the other team.  If the human players on the other team are all in fighters or multirole aircraft then at the very least the game play is ruined, since it’s necessary constantly to find and destroy the GAAs and bombers, and most likely the game is lost.  Why the matchmaker cannot balance human player/class combinations across teams instead of putting them all in one team baffles me.

_Neverm1nd_ #6 Posted Today, 01:56 PM

Senior Airman

• WG Staff
  • 0 battles

View PostGonerNL, on 10 December 2018 - 12:48 PM, said:

Nothing.

So could we discuss my question and Horcan's complaints here ? And not discuss what is the best platform to do that ... ?

Sure, back to Horcan's complaint - Adding additional criteria leads to a significant increase in the waiting time for the battle, which is very critical  and is not included in short-term plans.

RoyalFlyingCorps #7 Posted Today, 02:08 PM

Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 12058 battles
  • [W___P] W___P
Fighting in the kind of battle I’ve just described degrades the playing experience badly.  We’re already waiting a minute or more for high tier battles; a few seconds more to stop all the human GAA or bomber players appearing in one team wouldn’t be that much of a penalty compared to having next to no chance of winning a game.

Horcan #8 Posted Today, 02:11 PM

• Beta Tester
  • 3765 battles
  • [_VI_] _VI_
Well you should include it in the most urgent plans, because its the main problem that cause abandoning the game early ( if not just rage quitting the game and playing something else ), along with the win requirement for dailies and battlefield loot. You have games start faster, with one side fighting the bots, because all humans on the other side just quit when they see unacceptable odds to fight a op flight or planes they cant reach.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

3 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

_Neverm1nd_, klbergmen, blindfoId