Mission Possible: The XP-55 and De Havilland Vampire in Exchange for Tokens

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

GonerNL #21 Posted 16 January 2019 - 11:51 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 7716 battles

Just got the XP-55 ; nice plane !

Did some of the medals (Doolittle, Marseille) with tokens. The Vampire looks like a challenge, missions are harder and medals too (and expensive in tokens). Will activate anyway, I have the plane but gold and the special skin is nice.

RoyalFlyingCorps #22 Posted 17 January 2019 - 06:21 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 14355 battles
  • [W___P] W___P
Well done, GonerNL, that's been especially difficult for you given the joystick problems.  Fortunately the Ascender is a decent reward for your efforts.

Grison_SE #23 Posted 17 January 2019 - 11:54 AM

Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 1378 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

View PostGonerNL, on 16 January 2019 - 11:51 PM, said:

Just got the XP-55 ; nice plane !

Did some of the medals (Doolittle, Marseille) with tokens. The Vampire looks like a challenge, missions are harder and medals too (and expensive in tokens). Will activate anyway, I have the plane but gold and the special skin is nice.

Maybe it was you, who kicked my *ss yesterday, when I tried to earn some points in my Typhoon :-) I got blown to pieces a few times by a dude with an XP-55. Another lesson learned :-)
Please have patience with my spelling/language. English is not my native tounge.

AnCh #24 Posted 23 January 2019 - 12:48 PM

Master Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 3716 battles
  • [ROPD] ROPD

Wish I could say something good about this mission but the fact that you have the redundant condition to win the match when when you need to do as many damage as possible to the ground targets just makes me question a lot the thought behind the reason of the person that thought of this mission. I already have two days spending on that mission and the sheer number of defeats is making me question the MM and its inefficiency in this game.

I really liked the fact that the missions don't have a time limit and the fact that anyone can do them. But some of the requirements are just mind blowing for me. This mission together with the one that needs to destroy 5 aerial target with turret fire in one fight. :) That needs a lot of luck and not skill.

Just my 2 cents!

P.S. I need a break from this game so I can let off some of the steam that gathered during these days of awful matchmaking.

klbergmen #25 Posted 23 January 2019 - 04:30 PM

• Advanced Member
  • 4961 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

View PostAnCh, on 23 January 2019 - 02:48 PM, said:

Wish I could say something good about this mission but the fact that you have the redundant condition to win the match when when you need to do as many damage as possible to the ground targets just makes me question a lot the thought behind the reason of the person that thought of this mission.

Which one is this ?

The turret kills are best done with the B-32 but even with this one its not easy.

zen_monk_ #26 Posted 23 January 2019 - 06:49 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Alpha Tester
  • 6133 battles
  • [__] __

I got mine XP-55 with relative ease on January 12th. Gave tokens for only two missions, Efimov and turret kills.

Actually not hard at all. Almost all of the missions do complete themselves by normal playing. When you reach the final medal mission at the end of each section, go here http://forum.worldof...grades-tokens/  and study what plane you need and what to focus on.

It was fun. The Vampire one is a bit trickier, much more to do. But no time limit. I've activated mine and forgot about it. It will come when it come.

stats were invented by Satan himself to suck the carefree fun out of gaming                  

AnCh #27 Posted 23 January 2019 - 07:33 PM

Master Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 3716 battles
  • [ROPD] ROPD

View Postklbergmen, on 23 January 2019 - 06:30 PM, said:

Which one is this ?

The turret kills are best done with the B-32 but even with this one its not easy.

That is the one I am talking about. I tried with B-17G and B-32 with no luck. For this kind of mission you need a lot of luck and good team that will defend you in need.

X_ecutor #28 Posted 23 January 2019 - 08:49 PM

Airman Basic

• Beta Tester
  • 107 battles
Well I still have a problem with Vampire F. 1 stage 1 mission 2. I contacted the support and reported my issue. I completed several battles with attack aircrafts and bombers. I checkd my stats ingame, and I earned 200-300 capture points by destroying ground targets (i didn't shoot on any planes) but my game just don't counts it. Support told me that they know about this problem and I will be compensated. My question is: Will it be repaired or I have to unlock it with tokens and move forward?

Piq_Mastika #29 Posted 24 January 2019 - 07:03 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 5140 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

View PostX_ecutor, on 23 January 2019 - 10:49 PM, said:

Well I still have a problem with Vampire F. 1 stage 1 mission 2. I contacted the support and reported my issue. I completed several battles with attack aircrafts and bombers. I checkd my stats ingame, and I earned 200-300 capture points by destroying ground targets (i didn't shoot on any planes) but my game just don't counts it. Support told me that they know about this problem and I will be compensated. My question is: Will it be repaired or I have to unlock it with tokens and move forward?

I noticed some of the missions have hidden win conditions, pay attention on this.

AnCh #30 Posted 24 January 2019 - 07:53 AM

Master Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 3716 battles
  • [ROPD] ROPD

View PostAnCh, on 23 January 2019 - 09:33 PM, said:

That is the one I am talking about. I tried with B-17G and B-32 with no luck. For this kind of mission you need a lot of luck and good team that will defend you in need.

The problem with this mission: the user will always try to focus on the mission and those matches will not be played to win. Just please think at the consequences when develop this kind of missions...

I myself didn't play to win with the bombers in the last days but only to try and destroy the aerial targets. This creates a lot of frustration for the other players inside the team since one of the pilots is no longer trying to help the team but do his own mission.

klbergmen #31 Posted 24 January 2019 - 11:35 AM

• Advanced Member
  • 4961 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

View PostAnCh, on 24 January 2019 - 09:53 AM, said:

The problem with this mission: the user will always try to focus on the mission and those matches will not be played to win. Just please think at the consequences when develop this kind of missions...

I myself didn't play to win with the bombers in the last days but only to try and destroy the aerial targets. This creates a lot of frustration for the other players inside the team since one of the pilots is no longer trying to help the team but do his own mission.

I totally agree. There are a lot of missions that cause absolutely idiotic behaviour that is going against the own team.

I think all missions should have the win requrement and as compensation have to be made easier.

blindfoId #32 Posted 24 January 2019 - 02:21 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Developer
  • 21 battles

View PostX_ecutor, on 23 January 2019 - 08:49 PM, said:

We checked the mission and it works, if the problem remains please make a screenshot of your post-battle 

Spoiler

flying on aircraft Tier VI+. 

As for the Customer Care, you've created a ticket in the WoWs section, so the wrong answer was given by the WoWs team representative, for whom we are not responsible. Creating a ticket please make sure that you choose the WoWp section.

X_ecutor #33 Posted 27 January 2019 - 08:04 PM

Airman Basic

• Beta Tester
  • 107 battles

View PostblindfoId, on 24 January 2019 - 02:21 PM, said:

We checked the mission and it works, if the problem remains please make a screenshot of your post-battle 

Spoiler

flying on aircraft Tier VI+. 

As for the Customer Care, you've created a ticket in the WoWs section, so the wrong answer was given by the WoWs team representative, for whom we are not responsible. Creating a ticket please make sure that you choose the WoWp section.

"flying on aircraft Tier VI+. "

Well I think this will be my problem...how can I check this tier limit?

Regards,

GonerNL #34 Posted 28 January 2019 - 07:14 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 7716 battles
The tier limit according to the ingame description is IV - X ; not VI+   :amazed:

blindfoId #35 Posted 28 January 2019 - 11:11 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Developer
  • 21 battles
Oh, sorry, a terrible missprint. Aircraft Tier IV+ of course. 

Horcan #36 Posted 30 January 2019 - 04:43 PM

• Beta Tester
  • 4861 battles

View PostAnCh, on 23 January 2019 - 08:33 PM, said:

For turret kills i recomend the french tier 5 heavy, SE 100 or what its called. You can pick a target at high speed and let it low hp, when you pass it your turret will shred it into bits in no time. For what i noticed that plane turret is just insane. Would not be amazed if they nerf it at some point. I think you can even kill a tier 4 fighter ( especially ADA ) in a matter of seconds, from full HP. And it has 800m range, with no bonuses.
Also Beaufighter is a good choice since it has a 360° rotating turret, so you can shoot forward with it. And it has good dps, with 4x303 caliber.

Edited by Horcan, 30 January 2019 - 04:50 PM.

klbergmen #37 Posted 31 January 2019 - 08:49 AM

• Advanced Member
  • 4961 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

View PostHorcan, on 30 January 2019 - 06:43 PM, said:

For turret kills i recomend the french tier 5 heavy, SE 100 or what its called. You can pick a target at high speed and let it low hp, when you pass it your turret will shred it into bits in no time. For what i noticed that plane turret is just insane. Would not be amazed if they nerf it at some point. I think you can even kill a tier 4 fighter ( especially ADA ) in a matter of seconds, from full HP. And it has 800m range, with no bonuses.

They nerfed it already, it had even more range - so much that it was insane.

Horcan #38 Posted 04 February 2019 - 04:42 PM

• Beta Tester
  • 4861 battles

View Postklbergmen, on 31 January 2019 - 09:49 AM, said:

They nerfed it already, it had even more range - so much that it was insane.

After 3 games with 4 kills, this was 4th game. Easy.
Posted Image

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users