Jump to content


Santa’s Bags


  • Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

_Neverm1nd_ #61 Posted 29 December 2018 - 06:33 PM

    Master Sergeant

  • WG Staff
  • 0 battles
  • 59
  • Member since:
    11-26-2018

View PostRoyalFlyingCorps, on 29 December 2018 - 01:07 PM, said:

 

Again, a mealy-mouthed response.  Free experience has no gold remuneration value because it is not necessary to purchase it.*  If WG's official line is "nobody loses when they buy Santa's bags because we pretend free experience has a value" then I say this is a deception bordering on fraud.

So, having dismissed this piece of nonsense, I ask again.  What is WG going to do about the loss of £10 I suffered on my second set of Santa's bags?

 

* Incidentally, if like me you have a great deal of free experience - I had 3.8 million prior to purchasing my bags - and don't need any from Santa's bags, then effectively WG is saying "don't buy these bags because one of the so-called valuable components will have no value for you".

 

You don't want to hear, really. All have a value ( materials, boosters, and other in-game goods),if you don't need something it doesn't mean that price for it 0. 



Horcan #62 Posted 29 December 2018 - 07:48 PM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Beta Tester
  • 3944 battles
  • 769
  • [FEED] FEED
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012
For me , everything that its easy obtainable by playing, or can be purchased with credits ( which i have tens of millions ) have zero value. And as a customer, im always right. every dissapointed customer like me is a short time gain ( our money ) but a long term loss ( i will not spend again , i will not support game, not advertise to friends, spit venom on forum or wherever i can ). So unless youre really trying your best to displease every player left around to make them quit, i would fire whoever is in charge of this grinding events and this type of sales. And start listening to what people complain and focus on fixing the game instead of new planes that are not needed, like bombers.

Dis4ster #63 Posted 29 December 2018 - 09:45 PM

    Senior Airman

  • Member
  • 1316 battles
  • 36
  • Member since:
    02-12-2012
Its just as dissapointing as the holiday grind fest event and the new bugs since the new update and the prices of the certificates for the little rewards in this grind fest, someone must have smoked a clown to come up with a price of 80€ for a grind that is almost worthless.

Nnoitraa #64 Posted 30 December 2018 - 02:03 AM

    Airman Basic

  • Member
  • 75 battles
  • 1
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

Got the goblin after 3x10bags 1x25bags

1xt2 Di-6i

1xt3 Ki-5

2xt4 Ju 86 E + Hs 129 A

2xt5 HE 100 D-1 + Lagg-3

1xt6 P 39N-1

1xt9 XF-85

 

200000 free xp and like 10000 gold

 

There isn't any t7 or t8 plane in it seems


Edited by Nnoitraa, 31 December 2018 - 04:16 PM.


RoyalFlyingCorps #65 Posted 30 December 2018 - 05:35 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Advanced Member
  • 13217 battles
  • 241
  • [W___P] W___P
  • Member since:
    05-05-2016

View Post_Neverm1nd_, on 29 December 2018 - 06:33 PM, said:

You don't want to hear, really. All have a value ( materials, boosters, and other in-game goods),if you don't need something it doesn't mean that price for it 0. 

 

I don't want to hear nonsense, that's true.  Regardless of which view you take - and I take the rather obvious view that something you get for free in the game has no monetary value at all - I think Santa's bags are a bad deal for anybody with a lot of premium time, a lot of premium aircraft and a lot of free experience.  Personally, I feel I've been conned by WoWP.  However, for those with only limited quantities of any of those items they may be a better deal.

 

Moving on, can you confirm what happens when a player is awarded a premium aircraft that he or she has already?  Does he or she receive the gold equivalent of the awarded aircraft or is the prize changed to something else?  I ask because in 200 Santa's Bags I saw no evidence of any mid tier, let alone high tier, premium aircraft being awarded to me.  That means either the chances of receiving these are very low or that they are not changed into the gold equivalent if a player has them already.


Edited by RoyalFlyingCorps, 30 December 2018 - 05:37 PM.


klbergmen #66 Posted 31 December 2018 - 08:26 AM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Advanced Member
  • 4362 battles
  • 582
  • [JV44] JV44
  • Member since:
    08-13-2014

View Post_Neverm1nd_, on 29 December 2018 - 08:33 PM, said:

You don't want to hear, really. All have a value ( materials, boosters, and other in-game goods),if you don't need something it doesn't mean that price for it 0.

 

Just publish the chances for everything they may contain.

Then these are not lootboxes - the worst kind of gambling - anymore and nobody can complain.



GonerNL #67 Posted 31 December 2018 - 12:12 PM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Advanced Member
  • 5598 battles
  • 938
  • Member since:
    09-02-2017

Are there any other special planes except the Goblin ??

I bought 10 bags right at the start and there was really nothing that I can't get ingame or with money.



Spartan_93 #68 Posted 31 December 2018 - 12:44 PM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Advanced Member
  • 719 battles
  • 816
  • [R2_D2] R2_D2
  • Member since:
    10-11-2012

View Post_Neverm1nd_, on 29 December 2018 - 06:33 PM, said:

You don't want to hear, really. All have a value ( materials, boosters, and other in-game goods),if you don't need something it doesn't mean that price for it 0. 

 

Well, there is still a difference between value and price. Something can have a price but no value. Other stuff can have a value without having a real price. As long as you ignore this differnce you will have justified complains.

 

Value is something subjective: how much you can make use of it and how much you willing to pay for it.

Price is something objective: this is something you have to pay.

 

If the price hits the value, then it is a good deal. But with items without value (not without price) there will only be a lose.

 

Suggestion

 



klbergmen #69 Posted 03 January 2019 - 07:49 AM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Advanced Member
  • 4362 battles
  • 582
  • [JV44] JV44
  • Member since:
    08-13-2014

View PostGonerNL, on 31 December 2018 - 02:12 PM, said:

Are there any other special planes except the Goblin ??

I bought 10 bags right at the start and there was really nothing that I can't get ingame or with money.

 

One of my clanmates  got the P-39N1 from somewhere, probably from a lootbox.

paradigmshift #70 Posted 03 January 2019 - 12:38 PM

    Senior Airman

  • Member
  • 2282 battles
  • 29
  • Member since:
    03-30-2017

View PostSpartan_93, on 31 December 2018 - 12:44 PM, said:

 

Well, there is still a difference between value and price. Something can have a price but no value. Other stuff can have a value without having a real price. As long as you ignore this differnce you will have justified complains.

 

Value is something subjective: how much you can make use of it and how much you willing to pay for it.

Price is something objective: this is something you have to pay.

 

If the price hits the value, then it is a good deal. But with items without value (not without price) there will only be a lose.

 

Suggestion

 

 

Everything has a price and in WOWP that price is time. To grind the 300,000 free xp would take me time which I now do not have to spend. The Premium days available for tokens would also take time and I got almost two months for free.The free planes are OK and materials may come in handy. The gold was again welcome. In fact before the event I had no Japanese planes at all and the free xp and Days gave me the time (and increased bonus) to pursue that line by skipping a few steps (saving time again). So now I have a tier 8 KI-84 II which I would never have bothered with. At the very least I say it is break even.

Spartan_93 #71 Posted 03 January 2019 - 01:38 PM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Advanced Member
  • 719 battles
  • 816
  • [R2_D2] R2_D2
  • Member since:
    10-11-2012

Well, then I'm happy for you, but I play mainly premium planes and I do not grind tech trees at all => For me there is little use for Free XP in WoWp, so I would be disapointed with just getting Free Xp.

 

For me break even would be if I get one or more planes, because this is the only thing in this lootboxes which have a value for me.

 



GonerNL #72 Posted 03 January 2019 - 03:45 PM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Advanced Member
  • 5598 battles
  • 938
  • Member since:
    09-02-2017

View PostSpartan_93, on 03 January 2019 - 02:38 PM, said:

For me there is little use for Free XP in WoWp, 

 

Accelerate pilot training ?? More skillpoints and skills ...



klbergmen #73 Posted 04 January 2019 - 08:18 AM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Advanced Member
  • 4362 battles
  • 582
  • [JV44] JV44
  • Member since:
    08-13-2014

View Postparadigmshift, on 03 January 2019 - 02:38 PM, said:

 

Everything has a price and in WOWP that price is time. To grind the 300,000 free xp would take me time which I now do not have to spend. The Premium days available for tokens would also take time and I got almost two months for free.The free planes are OK and materials may come in handy. The gold was again welcome. In fact before the event I had no Japanese planes at all and the free xp and Days gave me the time (and increased bonus) to pursue that line by skipping a few steps (saving time again). So now I have a tier 8 KI-84 II which I would never have bothered with. At the very least I say it is break even.

 

If you can use the free XP in WoT then its worth much more than here.

I hope you didn't skip the Tier 6 and 7, they are the highlights of this line.



RoyalFlyingCorps #74 Posted 04 January 2019 - 08:37 AM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Advanced Member
  • 13217 battles
  • 241
  • [W___P] W___P
  • Member since:
    05-05-2016

View PostRoyalFlyingCorps, on 30 December 2018 - 05:35 PM, said:

Moving on, can you confirm what happens when a player is awarded a premium aircraft that he or she has already?  Does he or she receive the gold equivalent of the awarded aircraft or is the prize changed to something else?  I ask because in 200 Santa's Bags I saw no evidence of any mid tier, let alone high tier, premium aircraft being awarded to me.  That means either the chances of receiving these are very low or that they are not changed into the gold equivalent if a player has them already.

 

_Neverm1nd_, can you please answer this question?



_Neverm1nd_ #75 Posted 04 January 2019 - 10:03 AM

    Master Sergeant

  • WG Staff
  • 0 battles
  • 59
  • Member since:
    11-26-2018

View PostRoyalFlyingCorps, on 04 January 2019 - 08:37 AM, said:

 

_Neverm1nd_, can you please answer this question?

 

Santa Bags design has not changed over the past three years. In case when bag includes plane which player already has, plane's re-rolling happens ( the same mechanics with Operational Orders when you can't get order on plane which you already have).  

RoyalFlyingCorps #76 Posted 04 January 2019 - 10:14 AM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Advanced Member
  • 13217 battles
  • 241
  • [W___P] W___P
  • Member since:
    05-05-2016
So, what happens is that if you are awarded a plane that you have already you do not get the gold equivalent, as you do with WoT crates/bags/whatever (or perhaps did - I haven't bought WoT bags this year), but the prize is redrawn.  In a bad case, you could have won the Goblin, but have it redrawn to, say, a day's worth of premium time.  Do I have that right, _Neverm1nd_?

If so, then I can reiterate what I said before.  If you are a player with a lot of premium planes already, especially if you have a lot of free experience and premium time too, WoWP bags may not be a good deal for you.  You should consider buying gold and premium time in the standard way.  Certainly I would have been better off if I had done so.  For as long as WoWP Santa bags work this way I will never buy another one.

_Neverm1nd_ #77 Posted 04 January 2019 - 10:45 AM

    Master Sergeant

  • WG Staff
  • 0 battles
  • 59
  • Member since:
    11-26-2018

View PostRoyalFlyingCorps, on 04 January 2019 - 10:14 AM, said:

So, what happens is that if you are awarded a plane that you have already you do not get the gold equivalent, as you do with WoT crates/bags/whatever (or perhaps did - I haven't bought WoT bags this year), but the prize is redrawn.  In a bad case, you could have won the Goblin, but have it redrawn to, say, a day's worth of premium time.  Do I have that right, _Neverm1nd_?

If so, then I can reiterate what I said before.  If you are a player with a lot of premium planes already, especially if you have a lot of free experience and premium time too, WoWP bags may not be a good deal for you.  You should consider buying gold and premium time in the standard way.  Certainly I would have been better off if I had done so.  For as long as WoWP Santa bags work this way I will never buy another one.

 

You are right, you don't get the gold compensation, prize ( only plane) will be redrawn. Nonetheless,  it was worth mentioning that bags include different planes and the chance that the player has all  planes is minimal, plus don't forget another goods which are never too much.

RoyalFlyingCorps #78 Posted 04 January 2019 - 11:01 AM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Advanced Member
  • 13217 battles
  • 241
  • [W___P] W___P
  • Member since:
    05-05-2016

Thank you for confirming that, _Neverm1nd_.

 

To sum up, then; if you are relatively new to the game, or you have few premium planes, or you need free experience, or you want a lot of premium time, or any combination of those, then the Santa's Bags are probably a good deal.  Howevever, If you're like me, with a lot of premium planes, a lot of free experience and a lot of premium time, Santa's Bags are probably not a good deal and you may be better buying what you need in the normal ways.

 

I think the WoWP team should consider this.  It is likely to be that long-established players are the ones most willing to part with cold, hard cash to support the game.  Making the Santa's Bags unattractive for players like me is perhaps not a good idea.



RoyalFlyingCorps #79 Posted 04 January 2019 - 11:25 AM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Advanced Member
  • 13217 battles
  • 241
  • [W___P] W___P
  • Member since:
    05-05-2016

*edit

 

*edit


Edited by xxTANK_Uxx, Yesterday, 03:17 PM.
Non constructive content / Use of red color


paradigmshift #80 Posted 04 January 2019 - 11:51 AM

    Senior Airman

  • Member
  • 2282 battles
  • 29
  • Member since:
    03-30-2017

View Postklbergmen, on 04 January 2019 - 08:18 AM, said:

 

If you can use the free XP in WoT then its worth much more than here.

I hope you didn't skip the Tier 6 and 7, they are the highlights of this line.

 

I may be missing something good but I don't play WoT. Also kept the Hien and  Hayate but took the pilot up to t8.




5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users