• Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

BravelyRanAway #81 Posted 04 January 2019 - 12:06 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 3652 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T

View Post_Neverm1nd_, on 04 January 2019 - 10:45 AM, said:

You are right, you don't get the gold compensation, prize ( only plane) will be redrawn. Nonetheless,  it was worth mentioning that bags include different planes and the chance that the player has all  planes is minimal, plus don't forget another goods which are never too much.

Thank's for the heads up on that. Will only buy WoT boxes in future.

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing".G.B.Shaw

klbergmen #82 Posted 04 January 2019 - 12:14 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 5210 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

I bought some WoT boxes and they were well worth it for me because of the gold.

Already before this confirmation I thought that the WoWP bags are not worth it for me and this confirms it (I already have a lot of premium planes, enough silver and don't want to waste money on materials or worthless equipment)

m249jim #83 Posted 08 January 2019 - 07:00 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 4077 battles

I bit; had some money in the PayPal account and got 5 bags, were they worth it? for those 5 yes.

Got some of the more useless stuff like engine cooling, but some really stuff useful

Participation emblem to go with last years

32 days premium account

20,000 XP (that's a lot of time saved in WoT grinds)

1 aircraft, Tier 4 I-16-29 (I thought I had all the lower tier premiums guess there are more!!!), + slot and 100% pilot

3 each - air recon/intensive training (these are expensive to buy with gold, so nice to try)

and 10 candy to finish it off

For GBP£7.65, can't complain, as I got way more in value than if I had to buy individually, but thinking I will probably leave it there, as next time probably wouldn't be as good.

Edited by m249jim, 08 January 2019 - 08:15 PM.

Humboldt_ #84 Posted 13 January 2019 - 09:19 AM

Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 3099 battles
Any stats on how many Goblins where won from the Santa's bags yet "bet they didn't drop many" , I bought 1 Santa bag got 20000xp not very valuable if you do not need xp. This why i bought £17 of wot loot boxes and got £35 worth of gold , see the difference in value for money no stupid bloat that you can earn in game for free, if Santa's bags had 500 gold and some free xp then I would not feel under valued as a customer. Also I think Pershas Santa is really the Grinch judging by how many Goblins were won compared to Defenders in wot.:angry:

RoyalFlyingCorps #85 Posted 13 January 2019 - 10:12 AM

• Advanced Member
  • 14670 battles
  • [W___P] W___P
I don't think we're going to have figures on what was awarded, Humboldt_.  Suffice to say it's not likely many were awarded and, since it's been confirmed that a player already possessing a premium aircraft that then appeared in a Santa's Bag he or she bought would be awarded some other, probably much less valuable, prize instead of gold compensation, you may see why the gold remuneration from WoWP's bags is poor compared to the WoT equivalent.

Unless WoWP changes its award scheme to something like that of WoT I won't ever buy Santa's Bags again, that's for sure.

Edited by RoyalFlyingCorps, 13 January 2019 - 10:13 AM.

Nishi_Kinuyo #86 Posted 14 January 2019 - 05:12 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 747 battles
  • [GUP] GUP

View PostHumboldt_, on 13 January 2019 - 10:19 AM, said:

Any stats on how many Goblins where won from the Santa's bags yet "bet they didn't drop many"

If only there were a site like wot-news where we could check it manually. :sceptic:

m249jim #87 Posted 14 January 2019 - 05:39 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 4077 battles

View PostRoyalFlyingCorps, on 13 January 2019 - 10:12 AM, said:

I don't think we're going to have figures on what was awarded, Humboldt_.  Suffice to say it's not likely many were awarded and, since it's been confirmed that a player already possessing a premium aircraft that then appeared in a Santa's Bag he or she bought would be awarded some other, probably much less valuable, prize instead of gold compensation, you may see why the gold remuneration from WoWP's bags is poor compared to the WoT equivalent.

Unless WoWP changes its award scheme to something like that of WoT I won't ever buy Santa's Bags again, that's for sure.

Pretty sure there is no Gold remuneration in the Santas sacks (if there was, and it got you to the value paid for the sacks, it would make them a lot more appealing)  That a key thing with WoT boxes, that at a minimum, you get the value back in Gold, and has been for the last few years (as long as I have played).

For the changing of planes, if you already have the one initially won (which you wouldn't know about anyway), this is a pretty good idea vs the WoT boxes, where you may win the same tank 3 times in 11 boxes (yes that happened to me), the issue with WoT doing this, was the smaller number of vehicles available in the boxes, where as with WoWP, they seem to have a much larger number of aircraft to select from, in the case you already have the primary ones on offer.  You may get a lower tier plane, but I got 2 (1 tier 2, 1 tier 4) which I have never seen in the on special in the premium shop, so either a long wait for them to be in the shop on a special, or never have them,

A big difference between the WoT and WoWP boxes/sacks, is the free XP, none in WoT, but lots in WoWP, guess it depends on how valuable this is/how much you need it, as for the little I spend on WoWP sacks, I saved a huge amount of time in gaining free XP for WoT grinds

RoyalFlyingCorps #88 Posted 15 January 2019 - 07:23 AM

• Advanced Member
  • 14670 battles
  • [W___P] W___P

View Postm249jim, on 14 January 2019 - 05:39 PM, said:

Pretty sure there is no Gold remuneration in the Santas sacks

If by that you mean "no gold compensation for winning a premium plane you already have in your hangar", _Neverm1nd_ confirmed earlier in the thread that in these cases and unlike WoT boxes, the prize is redrawn rather than compensated with gold (so, in a really bad case, if you have the Goblin and you win it, it could be redrawn to, say, one day's premium time).

To be clear, I think these bags are quite a good way for newer players to gain some planes they don't have, useful free experience and nice premium time.  For players like me, who have a lot of the premium planes already, have a lot of free experience and a lot of premium time, they're a bad deal.  I don't understand why WoWP doesn't use the WoT model.

Edited by RoyalFlyingCorps, 15 January 2019 - 07:24 AM.

zen_monk_ #89 Posted 15 January 2019 - 10:23 PM

First Lieutenant

• Alpha Tester
  • 7297 battles
  • [__] __

View PostRoyalFlyingCorps, on 15 January 2019 - 07:23 AM, said:

If by that you mean "no gold compensation for winning a premium plane you already have in your hangar", _Neverm1nd_ confirmed earlier in the thread that in these cases and unlike WoT boxes, the prize is redrawn rather than compensated with gold (so, in a really bad case, if you have the Goblin and you win it, it could be redrawn to, say, one day's premium time).

In my case ALL OF THEM were redrawn to Backup Pneumatic Control Assist. You could really feel the game paused a bit when the box was opened, checked what I have, and some lazy dev wrote a line "if player have plane A, B, C, D, G, E....etc, give him Pneumatic Control Assist". I have them enough for two full clans and a year of hard battles for all.

stats were invented by Satan himself to suck the carefree fun out of gaming                  

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users