The fun is fading fast ...

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

GonerNL #1 Posted 01 January 2019 - 12:31 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 9001 battles
combination of loss of control (joystick bug) and roflstomps (matchmaker bug) is spoiling New Years day in a big way ...

_Neverm1nd_ #2 Posted 01 January 2019 - 12:42 PM

Master Sergeant

• WG Staff
  • 0 battles
We apologize, but until fix, you can use an another control scheme. Joystick bug fixing has the top priority, be patient. 

KurtVonSteiger #3 Posted 01 January 2019 - 05:55 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 1484 battles

If I were to try and use an alternate control method I would loose just as many games as I do with the Joystick bug having never used an alternative method - I would be a sitting duck for quite some time before I got the hang of it!

And before the smart remarks - I am elderly and have been used to playing Flight sims/Space combat games with a Joystick for a very long time so would need to re learn as currently everything I need is mapped to the Joystick and thus muscle mapped into my potato brain!

Galland replied ''I would like an outfit of Spitfires for my squadron''

RoyalFlyingCorps #4 Posted 01 January 2019 - 08:36 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 14670 battles
  • [W___P] W___P

View Post_Neverm1nd_, on 01 January 2019 - 12:42 PM, said:

We apologize, but until fix, you can use an another control scheme. Joystick bug fixing has the top priority, be patient. 

Seriously?  You're suggesting to a joystick player that he should switch to mouse and keyboard?  Do you know how hard it is to switch between controllers and be effective?

The correct response is for somebody senior from WoWP to come on line, explain that they understand how frustrating this bug is, outline the steps being taken to identify and fix it and give a time frame for the fix.  For a member of WG's staff to suggest that joystick players should switch to some other method of controlling the game is really disappointing. 

_Mutley_ #5 Posted 02 January 2019 - 06:32 AM

Airman Basic

• 7689 battles
  • [AAPD] AAPD

Point well made Royal

Must be 2 weeks now...no fix.....no response from wowp

1 in 3 battles yesterday...it's beyond a joke.

Myself and Chris flight together most of the time which generally means were up against the best players ( in tier 10s anyway) which is fine we love it

but yesterday we had Goaty on our side ( was a pleasure btw m8) and guess what...….all got bugged out at the same time. how disappointing.

Ykazumi #6 Posted 02 January 2019 - 09:16 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 5819 battles

The mouse & keyboard as an alternative will be experienced differently from the time of the ver.1.9 ,was my impression.

Was unable to fly, move aircrafts,neither to aim at both aerial & ground targets effectively at all in 2.0.(have been applying 25-35% mouse sensitivity so far) Flew 28 hours only since the advent of this new game because of devastatingly enormous difficulties in playing(vers.2.0) in general,I was staying out of the game for a year.

Then yesterday night,I as an experiment dared to drop the mouse sensitivity of the game down to 10% -0 % to see if I could do better;then movement of planes got much more steady and smooth,being able to aim,intercept and destroy targets.

I don´t know if this kind of problem may apply to other players or not..But if the shoes fit, please wear it so.

Am now questioning myself if the mouse sensitivity is related to some kind of bug(s) or not....

Am equal to hearing opinions from more knowledgeable people than mine.

br

Edited by megace4, 02 January 2019 - 09:17 AM.

zen_monk_ #7 Posted 02 January 2019 - 09:17 AM

First Lieutenant

• Alpha Tester
  • 7296 battles
  • [__] __

View Postjohncarps, on 02 January 2019 - 07:27 AM, said:

I think it's one of the best answers I do not care about you that I had the opportunity to see on this forum

and with the "be patient" it's just perfect 

It is a polite and true answer. Don't mock.

stats were invented by Satan himself to suck the carefree fun out of gaming                  

GonerNL #8 Posted 02 January 2019 - 09:59 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 9001 battles

View PostRoyalFlyingCorps, on 01 January 2019 - 09:36 PM, said:

You're suggesting to a joystick player that he should switch to mouse and keyboard?  

I that what they mean with 'use another control scheme' ??

I've actually tried m/k and I can more or less manage a GA (maybe bomber, didn't try) but the rest is a no-no. Have been flying since the Commodore days (80's) with a joystick and am not gonna change now ...

Vule777 #9 Posted 02 January 2019 - 11:32 AM

• Advanced Member
  • 3618 battles
Ok, I criticize WG all the time and you all know it, but my first topic on this forum was about serious bug with game, and I was amazed that bug was fixed after week or two. So I wouldn't be that rough to this guy when he answered it, it would be hopeless if he wasn't.

Piq_Mastika #10 Posted 02 January 2019 - 11:46 AM

• Advanced Member
  • 6056 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

View Post_Neverm1nd_, on 01 January 2019 - 02:42 PM, said:

I have the loss control issue with keyboard and mouse.

Dis4ster #11 Posted 02 January 2019 - 12:18 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 2476 battles

I had 35 battles yesterday, had

4 times blackscreen bug,

1 time spawned underground,

in every battle disappearing target markers(ground and plane)

in every battle no hit sound when 2 teammates are shoting the same target(great if the visual hit marker(sparks) is fake and the hit sound disappears)

5 times bomb(1600lb, 120m splash) doing no damage(happens alot, i allways thought its because the bombs is to weak until i got that 1600lb nuke)

3 times defese planes spawning without hitbox, or a very small one, (very funny to shot a heavy fighter for half a minute and do almost no damage, even though you see every shot hit thanks to the sparks)

7 disconnects, on battle loading or garage loading

3 game crashes

bot bombers on T8 doing nothing just cruising around an objektive until they get destroyed by flaks

Talk about preorities, nobody asked for boosters or new aircrafts, but thats easy made content right

Edited by Dis4ster, 02 January 2019 - 12:18 PM.

_Neverm1nd_ #12 Posted 02 January 2019 - 02:49 PM

Master Sergeant

• WG Staff
  • 0 battles

View PostRoyalFlyingCorps, on 01 January 2019 - 08:36 PM, said:

Seriously?  You're suggesting to a joystick player that he should switch to mouse and keyboard?  Do you know how hard it is to switch between controllers and be effective?

The correct response is for somebody senior from WoWP to come on line, explain that they understand how frustrating this bug is, outline the steps being taken to identify and fix it and give a time frame for the fix.  For a member of WG's staff to suggest that joystick players should switch to some other method of controlling the game is really disappointing. 

I can imagine how it hard, the suggestion to switch was mentioned as a temporary way until the fix, because right now I can't name a concrete date when it will be fixed. The bug has a top priority in a fixing list at the moment.  

Jonagus #13 Posted 02 January 2019 - 04:11 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 8753 battles

It is good to listen you saying so ... but there is no choice in terms of enyoing the event, because it is impossible to manage to develop any ability to flight the planes in any other way before the end of the event, ...

Jonagus

Jonagus

RoyalFlyingCorps #14 Posted 02 January 2019 - 04:53 PM

• Advanced Member
  • 14670 battles
  • [W___P] W___P

View Post_Neverm1nd_, on 02 January 2019 - 02:49 PM, said:

I can imagine how it hard, the suggestion to switch was mentioned as a temporary way until the fix, because right now I can't name a concrete date when it will be fixed. The bug has a top priority in a fixing list at the moment.  

That's a little better.  At least we know it's a "top priority".  What we don't know is if this means it will wait until after the Russian Christmas or if it will be fixed before.  Care to comment, _Neverm1nd_?

Whatever, this illustrates - again - that the WoWP developers have little control over their code.  Every time something is added to or changed in the game a new, often bad, bug appears or an old one returns.  I think those of us who have played the game for a while are getting pretty fed up.

Edited by RoyalFlyingCorps, 02 January 2019 - 04:55 PM.

KurtVonSteiger #15 Posted 02 January 2019 - 04:55 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 1484 battles

I think the real issue here is not the fact that there is a Bug in the Joystick controls or that we are so impatient that we want a fix immediately, it is down to the fact that we are unable to make proper progress in the Christmas Campaign.

Every time I lose control of the Aircraft I have to wait for someone to shoot me down or Task Manager shutdown and restart - this inevitably costs me 1 Candy cane …. added to this it means that I almost always end up losing the Battle thus meaning no progress in the Daily Missions (which always only counts if I win) thus costing me even more Candy.

Now get to the higher number gifts where the gap between gifts is 50 Canes - that's 17 sorties IF you got the Max 3 canes per time - with the Joystick bug try 1 to 2 Canes, so you are now looking at 25!

This is becoming frustrating and taking far too long to be enjoyable - Hell, the WoWS Ship Campaign grind is a lot easier and takes less time!

KurtVonSteiger #16 Posted 02 January 2019 - 04:58 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 1484 battles
I am not putting the boot in to WG - just expressing the frustration of this happening during an Event...… any other time it would just be an irritation

Dis4ster #17 Posted 02 January 2019 - 05:52 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 2476 battles

View PostKurtVonSteiger, on 02 January 2019 - 04:58 PM, said:

I am not putting the boot in to WG - just expressing the frustration of this happening during an Event...… any other time it would just be an irritation

Look at the rewards a little bit closer, you get 100k credits near the end of the grind line(where you need up to 60 battles per reward if you *edit at the game), 10k free exp, 25 parts and so on.

The Sea hawk is also just some credits in aircraft form, compare the whole line to the american one, its the same line just in a different tree, but while the U.S line has the Starfire with the awesome Vulcan in it, this one gets a slow turning "Attacker" with bad altitute performance but with bombs and rockets, there is nothing worth the time in this holiday grind, just play but not for that crap.

Well multirole figthers are made to be bad or mediocore in every way, they are something between heavy and light, but can't deal with either of them, have no speed, no altitute, no maneuverability and weak ordnance, but the Sea Hawk is even weaker then most of the T9 multirole fighters, i think only the F-84b is weaker because of the combination of weak MGs + bad maneuverability.

So if the planes suck, then so do the paint jobs because they are exclusive for them, whats left is a little bit of gold and the 9 skillpoint Pilot, which is not worth the time either because you can train 2 of such pilots with a T8 premium plane in less time.

Edited by xxTANK_Uxx, 03 January 2019 - 03:20 PM.
Inappropriate remarks

dreambill #18 Posted 02 January 2019 - 06:16 PM

• Conquest Member
  • 4097 battles
  • [GR-12] GR-12

Exactly this. We Joystick users, with this bug, we basically were expelled from the Christmas patch missions and specials.

Happy that the bug has top priority, but all specials are already lost for us.

RoyalFlyingCorps #19 Posted 02 January 2019 - 06:23 PM

• Advanced Member
  • 14670 battles
  • [W___P] W___P
It's not just the Holiday Manoeuvres though, Dis4ster.  There are the missions for the XP-55 Ascender or the Vampire/12K gold.  Basically, joystick players are taking part this season with a crippled interface or, worse, quitting the game for something they can play.

zen_monk_ #20 Posted 02 January 2019 - 06:54 PM

First Lieutenant

• Alpha Tester
  • 7296 battles
  • [__] __

View PostRoyalFlyingCorps, on 02 January 2019 - 06:23 PM, said:

There are the missions for the XP-55 Ascender or the Vampire/12K gold. 

Those do not have a time limit. No rush there.

stats were invented by Satan himself to suck the carefree fun out of gaming                  

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users