The fun is fading fast ...

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

yodelihiti #21 Posted 02 January 2019 - 07:54 PM

Senior Airman

• 1728 battles
  • [LEHR] LEHR

"Blackscreen" bug also not fixed completely.

Also had a game with a visual bug in spectator mode:

- nobody had a spinner/propellor.

RoyalFlyingCorps #22 Posted 02 January 2019 - 08:46 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 14670 battles
  • [W___P] W___P
You're missing the point.  They are unable to progress any mission that exists currently because their game play is compromised.

KurtVonSteiger #23 Posted 03 January 2019 - 08:58 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 1484 battles

View PostDis4ster, on 02 January 2019 - 05:52 PM, said:

Look at the rewards a little bit closer, you get 100k credits near the end of the grind line(where you need up to 60 battles per reward if you suck at the game), 10k free exp, 25 parts and so on.

The Sea hawk is also just some credits in aircraft form, compare the whole line to the american one, its the same line just in a different tree, but while the U.S line has the Starfire with the awesome Vulcan in it, this one gets a slow turning "Attacker" with bad altitute performance but with bombs and rockets, there is nothing worth the time in this holiday grind, just play but not for that crap.

Well multirole figthers are made to be bad or mediocore in every way, they are something between heavy and light, but can't deal with either of them, have no speed, no altitute, no maneuverability and weak ordnance, but the Sea Hawk is even weaker then most of the T9 multirole fighters, i think only the F-84b is weaker because of the combination of weak MGs + bad maneuverability.

So if the planes suck, then so do the paint jobs because they are exclusive for them, whats left is a little bit of gold and the 9 skillpoint Pilot, which is not worth the time either because you can train 2 of such pilots with a T8 premium plane in less time.

Just a thought relating to the above - you do know the Joystick bug affects the 'Normal' gameplay as well right?   So still the same level of frustration even if you don't bother with the Holiday campaign  :teethhappy:

Galland replied ''I would like an outfit of Spitfires for my squadron''

houghtonbee #24 Posted 04 January 2019 - 09:36 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 3547 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

The 'fun' factor of this game seems to diminish with each bug filled patch. It's a real shame. 

Worst of all is the real lack of 'fun' at tier 1-3 for the new player. I can well understand why so few seem to be coming through the ranks, it's SUCH a boring game at that level, if I was new to it having seen an advert (for example) that suggests this is a fast arcade type game I'd be massively disappointed;

You spend a minute or two waiting to get into a battle (assuming you don't black screen or disconnect from server!), you trundle slowly across an often far too big map to a cap zone to actually start seeing some action - this can easily take a minute or more of doing nothing but titting about with the boost to get there a bit quicker. if you survive its another slow trudge to a cap zone for a minute or two, if you die its a wait of 20 seconds to respawn and usually 3-4 attempts at pressing the 'battle' button to respawn (and you still may not spawn where you've asked the game to put you!!!), before the 2 minutes of dribbling across the map again to find something to do. Chances are you'll run into a veteran who has gone down to the low tiers hunting tokens and get destroyed fairly quickly and have to sit through the respawn process again. You spend about 80% of any given battle doing nothing but pointing the plane in the right direction and waiting or waiting to respawn, whats 'fun' about that? 

dreambill #25 Posted 04 January 2019 - 03:09 PM

• Conquest Member
  • 4097 battles
  • [GR-12] GR-12
And I thought these were the problems of old game, that solved from conquest.

invader_from_mars #26 Posted 04 January 2019 - 08:40 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 8102 battles

View Posthoughtonbee, on 04 January 2019 - 10:36 AM, said:

The 'fun' factor of this game seems to diminish with each bug filled patch. It's a real shame. 

Worst of all is the real lack of 'fun' at tier 1-3 for the new player. I can well understand why so few seem to be coming through the ranks, it's SUCH a boring game at that level, if I was new to it having seen an advert (for example) that suggests this is a fast arcade type game I'd be massively disappointed;

You spend a minute or two waiting to get into a battle (assuming you don't black screen or disconnect from server!), you trundle slowly across an often far too big map to a cap zone to actually start seeing some action - this can easily take a minute or more of doing nothing but titting about with the boost to get there a bit quicker. if you survive its another slow trudge to a cap zone for a minute or two, if you die its a wait of 20 seconds to respawn and usually 3-4 attempts at pressing the 'battle' button to respawn (and you still may not spawn where you've asked the game to put you!!!), before the 2 minutes of dribbling across the map again to find something to do. Chances are you'll run into a veteran who has gone down to the low tiers hunting tokens and get destroyed fairly quickly and have to sit through the respawn process again. You spend about 80% of any given battle doing nothing but pointing the plane in the right direction and waiting or waiting to respawn, whats 'fun' about that? 

I started in version 2.0, had no idea what to do because there was no tutorial flying, you had to jump into real action against statpadders and seal clubbers (they are doing the same even nowadays with their Polikarpov I-5...) but FOR GOD'S SAKE I didn't shoot ground targets with a freakn fighter. And if i see ppl with 500 battles behind them doing zero damage to aerial targets only ground damage IN A FREAKN HEINKEL HE 51 or Spitfire....Man I have no idea what are they thinking?!?!!? So you are not right in everything, if someone has a little brain, he will figure out what to do and how to do, and HAVE FUN

Edited by invader_from_mars, 04 January 2019 - 08:41 PM.

_Mutley_ #27 Posted 05 January 2019 - 09:39 AM

Airman Basic

• 7689 battles
  • [AAPD] AAPD

A lot of us have paid WOWP good money this Christmas for a game "which to say the least" has been a frustrating experience, unplayable more often than not, no thanks to their " NINCOMPOOPS"  introducing a joystick bug into the Christmas patch."which, even now after 2 weeks has not been fixed and as far as I know has no work around".... No apology, no nothing.... How's about a refund "WOWP" or at minimum a good will gesture.:)

HiFiRe2142 #28 Posted 09 January 2019 - 08:33 PM

Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 2553 battles
  • [MOUT] MOUT

View Post_Neverm1nd_, on 01 January 2019 - 12:42 PM, said:

We apologize, but until fix, you can use an another control scheme. Joystick bug fixing has the top priority, be patient. 

You are kidding???? The bug is 3 month old! You cant find it? Get new Developers! Playing with mouse without fun? Why? TELL ME WHY? If i work like this ... i would get fired really fast!

HiFiRe2142 #29 Posted 09 January 2019 - 08:36 PM

Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 2553 battles
  • [MOUT] MOUT

View Post_Mutley_, on 05 January 2019 - 09:39 AM, said:

A lot of us have paid WOWP good money this Christmas for a game "which to say the least" has been a frustrating experience, unplayable more often than not, no thanks to their " NINCOMPOOPS"  introducing a joystick bug into the Christmas patch."which, even now after 2 weeks has not been fixed and as far as I know has no work around".... No apology, no nothing.... How's about a refund "WOWP" or at minimum a good will gesture.:)

The Joystickbug is older than the patch. But before christmas u could hit ESC and BACK TO GAME and all works fine. Now ... flying a straight line and loose!

HiFiRe2142 #30 Posted 09 January 2019 - 08:39 PM

Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 2553 battles
  • [MOUT] MOUT

View Postdreambill, on 02 January 2019 - 06:16 PM, said:

Exactly this. We Joystick users, with this bug, we basically were expelled from the Christmas patch missions and specials.

Happy that the bug has top priority, but all specials are already lost for us.

Thats right ... for me the event is ended ... every game no steering ... closed the game ...

yodelihiti #31 Posted 09 January 2019 - 10:41 PM

Senior Airman

• 1728 battles
  • [LEHR] LEHR

There has been an unmentioned hotfix.

I played 3 rounds, and not jumping to quick.....

But game seems to run a lot better on my i3 4Gb!

GonerNL #32 Posted 10 January 2019 - 08:21 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 9001 battles

View Postyodelihiti, on 09 January 2019 - 11:41 PM, said:

There has been an unmentioned hotfix.

I played 3 rounds, and not jumping to quick.....

But game seems to run a lot better on my i3 4Gb!

How do you know ? Was something downloaded or did the version change ?

For the record ; did not play an awful lot yesterday but the joystick bug did not bite that much ... I still always let Battle! count down to 0.

Edited by GonerNL, 10 January 2019 - 08:21 AM.

FlyingDutchman69 #33 Posted 10 January 2019 - 09:32 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 4845 battles
  • [LXGM] LXGM
well   if the joystick bug doesn't bite  the blackscreenbug does  WG get your act together!!!!

RoyalFlyingCorps #34 Posted 12 January 2019 - 08:00 AM

• Advanced Member
  • 14670 battles
  • [W___P] W___P

View Post_Mutley_, on 05 January 2019 - 09:39 AM, said:

A lot of us have paid WOWP good money this Christmas for a game "which to say the least" has been a frustrating experience...How's about a refund "WOWP" or at minimum a good will gesture.:)

I'm not a joystick player, but I could not agree more.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users