Losing battles, candy, credits, exp, tokens ...

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

GonerNL #1 Posted 05 January 2019 - 03:25 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 7816 battles

all because of this joystick bug ... when is WG going to fix this ? It's been 2 weeks already !!

And now it's a weekend and nothing is being done I bet.

Have to abort about 1 in 3 sorties and leave my team with a man down. And I'm not the only one ! How many battles are spoiled by this ?

m249jim #2 Posted 05 January 2019 - 06:09 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 3465 battles
If you're having so many issues with the Joystick, maybe worth changing to keyboard till there is a patch to resolve this?  It's really not that bad playing with the keyboard.

RoyalFlyingCorps #3 Posted 05 January 2019 - 10:36 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 14437 battles
  • [W___P] W___P
That really is not an option, m249jim, for an experienced player.  Relearning the interfaces is a considerable task.  Besides, why should a joystick player have to consider changing controllers?  GonerNL is right; in the first place this should never have happened and in the second, it certainly shouldn't have taken two weeks and who knows how much longer to fix.

GoldKnight #4 Posted 06 January 2019 - 06:14 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 5849 battles
  • [FEED] FEED

View Postomglaserspewpew, on 06 January 2019 - 06:14 AM, said:

What do you expect them to do, comrade, fix stuff in the middle of holidays?? Haha, comrade, you funny. To gulag with you!

agree. 2 weeks with christmas and end of year in middle, most in vacancies. Strange they did even a micro patch in middle of it which solved a couple of bug already tbh

RoyalFlyingCorps #5 Posted 07 January 2019 - 03:22 PM

• Advanced Member
  • 14437 battles
  • [W___P] W___P

Appreciating that the Gulag comment was made in jest, I will answer seriously since I happen to work in IT and with software deployments particularly.  Quite simply, software enhancements or changes should not be made without there being a plan to deal with unexpected and unwanted behaviours (the chances of these should have been minimised by a rigorous testing plan, but they can still occur).  In extreme cases a “rollback” of the buggy software should be effected.

The problem with the bug affecting joystick control is so serious I consider that the update should have been rolled back.  It is simply not good enough for the WoWP team to allow such faulty software to remain live.  To then add salt to the wound by having WoWP staff suggest joystick players should change to another controller is, to say the least, bad public relations.

Knowing the WoWP team as we do, do we expect them to release and persist with buggy software updates?  I guess most of us would say “yes”.  However, the answer should be a resounding “NO”.  The WoWP team has to stop this amateurish approach and take its game, and we players, seriously.

Edited by RoyalFlyingCorps, 07 January 2019 - 03:23 PM.

GonerNL #6 Posted 08 January 2019 - 10:25 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Advanced Member
  • 7816 battles

I also work in IT (programming and application manager for >40 yrs) and I'm baffled by the way this company works.

If they can not fix a bug in over 2 weeks they probably don't even know what they changed in the latest version !! Version control is essential, but they probably don't even know what that is.

RoyalFlyingCorps #7 Posted 09 January 2019 - 09:56 AM

• Advanced Member
  • 14437 battles
  • [W___P] W___P

View PostGonerNL, on 08 January 2019 - 10:25 AM, said:

If they can not fix a bug in over 2 weeks they probably don't even know what they changed in the latest version !!

If, as I suspect, version 2 was built on top of version 1 by new developers not familiar with the earlier code then I think it's very likely the current team doesn't have full control of their code.  Given that, a good testing plan and rollback failsafes are more than usually important.  However, I also suspect there is a lot of pressure from WG HQ on the WoWP team and therefore it feels it hasn't got the time to test and it cannot contemplate rolling back bad updates.

Currently joystick players have had a ruined game for, what, three weeks or more now?  That's completely unacceptable, in my view.  Also, every player has suffered with one or another of the bugs that almost every update introduces into the game.

I believe most of us are sick of it.

Edited by RoyalFlyingCorps, 09 January 2019 - 09:56 AM.

KurtVonSteiger #8 Posted 09 January 2019 - 07:33 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Conquest Member
  • 1484 battles

It makes every game truly random though - until you start you don't know what you will get...…  Loss of Joystick, Black screen or - my personal favourite 'No Gunsight'   I now qualify for membership in the Masochist's guild after grinding up to the Tempest and have worn out my windows key from having to quit to go to Taskbar for a speedy shut down/restart game so many times!

Sadly there is no hope for me as I am trying to get the special camo and the pylons for it - I dread to think of the number of battles I have done, especially the 'extras' required by the bugs costing candy:facepalm:

Galland replied ''I would like an outfit of Spitfires for my squadron''

HiFiRe2142 #9 Posted 09 January 2019 - 08:29 PM

Master Sergeant

• Advanced Member
  • 2553 battles
  • [MOUT] MOUT
Tried to play the Game today ... every game the no steering bug after respawn ... the problem exists for month ... i am so tired of this game. Shame on u wargaming!

RoyalFlyingCorps #10 Posted 12 January 2019 - 07:53 AM

• Advanced Member
  • 14437 battles
  • [W___P] W___P
Perhaps with the Russian Christmas now out of the way the WoWP team might devote some of their time to fixing this quite awful set of bugs.  Anything that discourages people from playing is bad, but as joystick players tend to be amongst the most experienced in the population discouraging them for an entire month during a holiday event is dreadful.

Vule777 #11 Posted 12 January 2019 - 07:58 AM

• Advanced Member
  • 3614 battles

Off topic.

Recommend me joystick for pc...and question, is it easier to play with joystick?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users